High School Romance! (ShitsujiCarty and Sanuye)

The insinuation that she needed to be protected made her huff in indignation but she let it go, not wanting to give up too much of her personality. "Humph." Was the only reply she gave the blonde boy, signaling what she thought of that particular notion.

"Rats. Here I was thinking that I was gonna have a normal, calm week. But apparently not." She smiled softly to herself, glad to finally have her blush drain from her face. "Well, at least I've got two more people to hang out with now. Trust me, 5 years of Nala chewing your ear off with chatter will drive you to insanity."

• Love
Reactions: Shitsuji-Carty
"what no quick remark? Come on were gonna be stuck together the whole week." he smiled as she just made a quick hmpf. Then listened to her talk about her friend, he then came up with another joke "oh trust me i know, Seth here is a chatterbox as well. When i want to sleep he just keeps going." Carter said as he started laugh, though Seth did not find it amusing, rather he glared at Carter before flicking him.
"stupid don't say things that aren't true." Seth said eating some more of his lunch, he never was too good at making chit chat, so he usually followed and tried to add what he could. " so you and Nala? Have been friends for five years? We have you beat by 1 more." he said ever so casually.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
As Carter joked about Seth being a chatterbox, Pippin glanced at Seth and adopted a blank face. "Uh... Yeah, I can totally see that. Mhm." Sarcasm was practically dripping from her words as she spoke, despite her blank poker face.

She smiled at Seth once he asked her a question and commented on her friendship with Nala. "Ah yeah. After I got out of foster care, she and her family helped me find a place to live and I work at their restaurant as well." With a glance between the pair, curiousity overtook her. "So you guys have been friends for 6 years huh? It sounds terrible but I've never actually noticed you two were actually friends." Or maybe she was just unobservant. That was probably it.

• Love
Seth chuckled as she used sarcasm to retort Carter, who looked surprised she would keep messing around with him as well. Maybe there was something special about her. "haha, very believable" he said complementing with his own. He looked at her face and the red had finally disappeared, how strange, maybe it wasnt from the cold after all thought Seth. "foster care, that must of been rough, does that mean you live alone too?" he asked a little curious as to what his friend was planning and now he knew. "tip of advice make him cook at least once." he chuckled happy to help Pip out

"hey don't tell her things she doesn't need to know. So what if i know how to cook
"its not that you just cook, its that your good at it. Just tell her what you made the other day from scratch."
"It was only some mozzarella sticks, nothing that important"

Carter didn't think much of his cooking skills as everyone in his family had to undergo such training. He finished up his lunch while Pip finished up speaking. "it does indeed sound horrible when you say it out loud. Haha but yup we've been friends the whole time." Carter smiled as talked about the two of them.

• Love
"Yep! I've been living alone for almost 2 years now, it's okay I guess. Much better than foster care, rough is a bit of an understatement." And once she heard the tidbit about Carter's cooking skills, she grinned in triumph. "You are so helping me cook."

At the mention of mozzarella sticks, she felt a grin creeping up on her face. "Man... I'd so make those if I could. They're so good!" She smiled at the both of them, happy in a strange way that they were both friends.
"Well, it's good to have friends for that long. After a while, it's like having a family."

• Love
Seth was surprised that Pip had been living on her own for two whole years. sure she had some help from Nala and her family but in between it all was when it would be tough to live by yourself. "it may be an understatement but that doesn't make it any less true. I couldn't imagine having to spend any of the Hoildays alone." Seth said almost feeling sorry for her but not letting it show on his face. He enjoyed watching the two interact until he hear Pip say he would be helping him cook. "oh? he's helping you, does that mean you two are already planning on hanging out together?" he asked Carter never informing him that they were planning to go to Pip's house to work on the science project. "well yeah, i'd go so far as to call him my brother Seth seemed to unwilling admit as he finished his food.

Carter had watched as Pip started to grin uncontrollable and let a sigh escape his lips as she talked about making him help, he didn't like the idea but would still help at the least. "man and here I was so close to a week of free meals, way to spoil it for me Seth. Carter complained as Pip began to lick her lips to the thought of cheese sticks. Carter could make plenty of different things provided the ingredients, but he only liked cooking for a certain few people as many say cooking as more of a woman's thing. "Yeah, it's nice having someone close to you, helps keep a person sane. he said wondering what she might try to do next.

• Love
Pip had never actually thought about the Holidays on her own, having been so used to not having the festive atmosphere at Christmas and Thanksgiving that it rarely even crossed her mind anymore. Even the long time alone in the school holidays never bothered, just giving her a lot more time to work on doing what she loved, mostly practicing her instruments and doing art almost everyday. "Ah, it gets easier I guess. Didn't really celebrate much with my foster family anyway." She grinned at the mention of Carter being dragged into cooking, a little smug at her triumph. "Yep, we've got to go over the project and from the sound of his family, I thought it was best it was my place."

She laughed at Carter's plight, not in the least sympathetic to it. "It's hardly free. You gotta do the research remember." As she listened to Carter, she found herself agreeing. It was important, after all, to keep yourself sane once you lived on your own.

• Love
Seth nodded in agreement as she talked about the two places for the project. He had met Carter's family, and actually really likes them. "yeah that would be best, his family has a really bad tradition on grading people's first impressions." it is funny to hear that said but when it happens to a person they are simply dumbfounded. They would pick out flaws they saw in a person and grade if they were good enough to be friends with Carter.

"I always hated that they did that, i lost so many friends that way. I was still surprised they passed you, especially after that big accident." Carter was refering to a memory that they shared as his parents first met Seth. When he was talking with Carter's mother, he accidentally spilled his drink on her. They were not happy to say the least. "ugh are you really gonna make me do that? I could make those mozzarella sticks you were craving instead." he said trying to sneak his way out.

• Love
Pippin sighed, knowing she'd probably meet them at some point. She did wonder what they would say about her though, what flaws would irk them most? She was the poster child for someone well-to-do parents would want their child to avoid. She was a foster child for one, a troubled child with no parents and half her siblings either in jail or lost in the system. "Yeah... I think they'd have a fit if they met me. At least, I think they would. And it is terrible that they do that, my brother used to do the same thing when I tried to make friends at school as a young child."

She scowled as the blond young man tried to worm himself out of the deal, pointing a finger at him and shaking it to accent her point. "Nope! You're not worming your way out of this one! You gotta help me, you're the master chef after all!"

• Love
Seth he chuckled "i think most people dislike it, but yes it has some advantages." he said looking over to Carter who had gone slient. Carter never did like the topic of his family, the only one he was close to was his younger brother. "how come you didnt stay with your brother or other siblings?" seth was curious but would never force an answer out of her.

Carter on the other hand was sick and tired of all them going around him "if you know what its like, then you should agree its a pain, Master chef, great i don't like where this is going." carter complained

• Love
Normally, she'd be fine with talking about her family. It was something she was used to explaining, that she was a foster child and she didn't know where her family was anymore. But that last part was a lie. Because she knew were they were, mostly. But she'd never had anyone ask that particular question and it brought up memories that she'd rather not have to think about. She'd let her personality out a little with these two but in seconds, she managed to rein in her emotions and lock them in a steel safe. " I don't really want to talk about that. Sorry."

There was an edge of annoyance in Carter's voice and she sighed. It had all been going so well. She looked down at her lap, crossing her hands there. "It's okay. Y-You don't have to help me. I'll be fine d-doing it on my own."

• Love
Seth, he watched as Pip went from a joyfull ball of fun, to a quiet decisive girl. "ahh i see, well i guess i can't force you to." he watched as she even let Carter off the hook. He thought it was strange after she just fought so hard to get him to help. There had to be something bugging her, but it wasn't his place to really say so.

"I'll do what i can, there's no reason i can't help. Maybe I'll make you something to cheer you up." Carter said hopeing to cheer her up, the topic of her family seemed to be sour one, so he would best avoid. He didnt mind that tho, as long as she would do the same. He finished his food as the bell rang for them to go back.

• Love
Pip just smiled and finished off her apple, grabbing her bag close to her side. "I don't really mind. It was rude of me to demand that you help anyway. You don't have to if you don't want to."

She was perfectly aware that her personality had just done a one eighty on them but she really couldn't help it. As the bell rang, she looked up to see Nala heading back from the sports grounds. "I will see you both soon, have a good day!" With a quick wave towards them, she hurried back, as she saw Nala's face of shock. She hadn't told her friend about lunch that day, knowing that her best friend was a touch over protective. The day passed quickly after that, as Pip listened with half an ear to Nala's lecture on the importance of not hanging out with bad boys and thinking deeply about her life as a whole. She'd never thought about the holidays before- never noticed how lonely they actually were.
When school ended, she was out the door in a flash and on her bike in no time, with only a brief farewell to Nala. She hadn't been expecting visitors other than Nala, so her home was less tidy than usual. It would take her a good 20 minutes at least to get it up to scratch.

• Love
Seth and Carter were still confused by her personality switch, but didn't really have time to think about it. The bell had just rang and Pip was gone in a flash, without a word either. She had quickly gone to Nala when she saw her "guess we know who she's more scared of" seth chuckled as the two cleaned up their mess and headed to their next class.

Sitting through their final class of the day, Carter began to get impatient. He started moving in his chair, fidgeting in anticipation. He was too meet up with Pip later, but with the whole personality change he thought it would be best to send a message first as he walked to his house.

Text message: am i still coming by tonight?

• Love
Pip was in the middle of cleaning her kitchen when her phone buzzed in the back of her jean pocket, the familiar tune of Magic Dance filling the room. Humming along to the rat of the tune, she quickly checked her messages to see a text from Carter, inquiring as to whether he was still coming around.

Part of her wanted to say no and just do the project by herself. It'd take her longer but she didn't really mind. But there was a part of her that wanted to say yes, almost instinctively. And she'd always trusted her instincts, so why would she deny them now? She texted back quickly, just saying a simple affirmative.
'Sure. See you then.'
With a smile, she quickly finished up the kitchen and then grabbed her laptop from her room, placing it on the coffee table in the lounge room. She'd already put her meat out to defrost for dinner, not that she'd had any thoughts on what to do with it yet.

• Love
After Carter and Seth went their separate ways, Carter went to his house to pick up the extra's they had. Walking inside he snuck around trying not to draw anyone attention. He didn't want to stay, and he didn't want to talk to one of them right now, but of course the Universe is never that nice. While he was putting some of the food his mother came around
"oh Carter, i see your helping yourself to the extra's. Where are you taking them? To Seth's?"
"uhh yeah, we have a science project were gonna be working on all week so dont except to see me." he said rather coldly to his mother.
"i see....just don't do anything stupid" Carter sighed "yes mother."

After leaving his house it took him roughly 20 minutes to make it to Pippin's home. He knocked on the door ajd awaited her answer, in the mean time he looked at the outside of the building curious as to what the inside held.

• Love
Pippin jumped up from where she'd been sitting, reading the last few pages from her favourite book series, as the knock echoed through the small apartment. Though small, it was tidy and well kept. She was half way through painting a mural on one wall, a golden Asian theme from her own paint supply.

She answered the door with a smile. "Hey Carter, come on. Just leave your shoes in the front there," she said, pointing to where her shoes already sat. "Just make yourself at home."

• Love
Carter walked in and took off his shoes, per her request, and gestures where'd she like the bags of food he arrived with. After setting them down, He looked around the room and marveled at the mural for a moment before replying to her. "uhh thanks, say is it convenient having a small place like this?" he asked seeing how the room was laid out wasn't something he was used to. "so have we decided on what diseases Im gonna research?

• Love
Pip moved the bags into the kitchen, placing them on the bench and then moving past Carter into the living room. It was sparsely furnished, with a small coffee table, a single armchair and a sofa. A small tv sat in the corner opposite the sofa, on a small stand. Her laptop wasn't anything flash either but it did its job as well as could be hoped for. The entire house was floored with chestnut brown wood, softly polished to a subtle shine but not so much as to be too slippery underfoot.

"Well, I like it. It's small and simple, a lot better than where I lived as a kid. I like the independence, less so the loneliness." She pointed towards the sofa, where'd she'd placed the laptop and a bottle of cold water with two cups. "Well, we have to research seven diseases, including their causes and symptoms and history of treatment. Then we've got to write the final report after that. So far, I'm thinking that if we do smallpox, measles, ebola, meningitis, meningococcal disease, avian flu and Kuru, we'd be done pretty quickly in the week."

• Love
Carter he listened to her before asking a question. "Why don't you have Nala over often?" he asked hearing her speak of the loneliness. After standing back up he moved next to her and smirked "so are we working first? Or eating?" he laughed hopeing to get her all worked up for nothing. Just before she would answer he would ask her another question "so how are we gonna do this? Try to get as much done as we can in each go? Or only do so many a day?" he was curious to know just how much work he was going to need to do. She named a bunch of the diseases, he would do his best to remember them. He sat down on the sofa and opened up her laptop, would it be open? Or password locked?

• Love