High School Rivals

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Michael... I shouldn't have gone back." Eric whispered, wringing his hands. "I... I was just scared. Can you take me away again?" He was ready this time. After feeling freedom for a few hours Eric knew he needed to get out of his home.

Michael nodded, beckoning Eric over to him. When the male had gotten closer to him, he put Eric's hands on his bandaged arms, wincing at the pain. "I love you.." He whispered, tears forming in his eyes and falling down his cheeks as a red shade began to stain the bandages where Eric was holding. The nurse rushed to his side to check his wounds.

Eric gasped at the sight of blood and took his hands away quickly, letting the doctor come in and look at him. "What happened Michael? Did you break into a glass door or something?" He couldn't fathom Michael hurting himself, so that was the only conclusion he had.

When his bandages had been changed, he spoke again. "I grabbed my knife and sliced into my body until I fainted, Eric. Isn't that pretty obvious? One of the bodyguards found me." Michael said bitterly, the anger directed at himself. He stared down at his body. He had bandages on his stomach and chest as well, having just cut into the skin wherever it was possible.

"Was it because of me? Did I cause this?" Eric asked, afraid that he had caused Michael not only emotional but also physical pain. He never wanted that to happen.

"I... I thought you hated me... and I just..." Michael held his hands close to his chest, hugging himself. "I thought that you... I didn't care anymore. Because I thought you hated me..."

He shook his head. "No, no no! I don't hate you. You've seen the paintings I've done... Most of them are of you. I could never hate you." Eric said gently.

Michael held his arm close to his chest. "I... I love you so much. I'm a jock, I know, I'm a guy popular with the girls, I'm not supposed to like you, but when I saw your face in the art room... I couldn't let it go. I realized that I've always been gay."

Eric bit his lip and watched as he spoke. It seemed as if his words were true. "I've loved you for years, I just tried to hide it."

Michael grabbed Eric's arm with his healthy hand, pulling him down to the bed. Before the other male could protest, Michael pressed his lips to Eric's.

He was pretty shocked with everything that had happened, but eventually Eric relaxed into it. He was the one to break it off, needing to breath. "Michael.... I still want to go to school. I want to finish."

"Alright. Then let's go back as soon as we've healed." Michael said, noticing that the nurse was staring oddly at them. Michael didn't want to bother with her stares and instead leaned in to kiss Eric's cheek. "When you finish school, we'll move away."

Eric smiled slightly and nodded. "Okay then. Do you think we could get them to let us share a room here?" He asked, looking around. He didn't want to be in a room alone.

Michael held Eric in his arms as he asked the nurse. It didn't take long for them to move an extra bed into Michael's room for Eric to lie in, and when they were lying there, Michael stared at the other male and his wounds.

"Michael.... Promise me you won't hurt yourself again." Eric said softly, looking over at him. He couldn't stand him hurting himself.

"I-I'll try..." Michael didn't know how to promise it. He couldn't be sure that he'd keep it. He bit his lip as it quivered. He loved Eric so much..

He nodded and reached out for his hand. "Once we finish school we'll go travel the world." Eric whispered, wishing they could.

Michael looked into Eric's eyes, tears flooding his own. He pulled the male's hand to his lips, then his forehead, leaning against it and crying silently.

Eric didn't know what to say to make things better so he just stayed silent. Michael was breaking his heart.

"I love you... god, I love you so much, Eric..." Michael whispered as he closed his hands around Eric's soft one.

Status
Not open for further replies.