High School Rivals

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric turned and shrugged. "Okay. Nothing is broken, I hate the stiches though." He admitted as he walked towards the kitchen. The pain was bearable, though barely, he had had much worse though.

"Alright, well, I'm glad to hear that." Michael said with a smile as he placed the food he had made on the table. "Eat." He said with a smile as he finished the food, sitting down across from Eric with a plate in front of himself, as well.

"Ah... What is this?" He asked, not recognizing the fresh ingredients. Eric had only ever eaten frozen food and food from the cafeteria for what seemed like his whole life.

"Ah, it's just plain beef stew. I couldn't really find that many ingredients, so I had to go with that... do you want me to find something else?" Michael asked, concerned.

Eric shook his head quickly. "No, no, it's perfect... I've just never had anything like it." He admitted before giving Michael a small smile. He wanted to wait to eat it until Michael did. It was a precaution that he had learned to do with all food in case something was in it.

Michael shrugged slightly as he took food for Eric, then for himself. He started eating, looking at Eric with a shy smile. "Not going to eat it?" He asked as he looked at Eric. His eyes fell on Eric's slim and mistreated body, and his eyes saddened. He looked away, as if not to make Eric awkward.

"I'll eat... Just wanted to make sure it tasted good." Eric covered before bringing a small piece of meat to his mouth. As he chewed he realized that Michael was a good cook. "It's delicious, thank you for making it for me."

"No big deal. I mean... we both needed to eat something, and I usually made food at home, too..." Michael said, wondering what was up with Eric. But he didn't say anything. He didn't want the other to hate him for something he said.

Eric sighed. "How are you so well rounded, I mean you can cook, you can do sports, I'm sure you're good at school... Why did you even help me?" He asked, trying to figure it out.

Michael gently sighed as he looked at Eric. "Well, I suppose I just... I fell for your character. I liked the way you seemed so engrossed in drawing... and I just wanted to know more about you. I still feel that way."

He shook his head, eating small bites of food. Michael couldn't feel that way, at least not completely. "I don't think you know how long I have been drawing and painting you. I've watched you all year and you don't seem like the one who is interested in guys like me."

Michael smiled at this and looked over at Eric. "That's because you're the first guy I've ever fallen for, Eric." He said as he moved a hand through his hair. "And for a long time, I denied it. I thought it wasn't possible. I had so many girls who liked me... so I thought that there was no chance. And now I'm here, with you, and I'm happy."

Eric closed his eyes. "Guys aren't supposed to like other guys." He muttered, pushing away his food. "I can't do it Michael. It's ingrained in me. Even though I do like you, I can't be with you. That much build up... The pain won't go away."

"There's nothing like something that can't be changed. You just need to want to change it. Don't you want to not be like this anymore? It must be horrible to feel pain..." Michael said as he put his hands through Eric's hair. "I won't force you, but do try to get through your head that you can change it."

He flinched away from Michael and shook his head. "I can't right now, not when my father can still get to me. Maybe.... Maybe once I turn 18, but I don't know Michael. My life isn't all rainbows and daisies, I don't want to pull other people into it."

"My life hasn't been very colorful either. But if you don't let people in you'll just stay like this." Michael pulled his hand back when Eric flinched away, lowering his gaze. "I want you to be yourself. That's not like this. I might not know you, but even an idiot can see what your words are influenced with."

Eric just stood and walked towards the window. "I know I'm not right, that I need fixing, but I can't help but fear that someone will get hurt if I change. Before... Before my mom died everything was fine, then I started having feelings for guys and all of a sudden she gets in an accident and dies. It can't all be a coincidence." He said, frowning at his own words. He sounded like his father.

"If that was true, then why haven't something bad happened to me for loving you? Life is a bitch, but that doesn't mean that you deserve something like this. Eric, no matter what your father has said, your mother dying isn't your fault. Your father was probably feeling horrible himself, just wanting someone to blame it on, someone so that he wouldn't have to accept that his wife was taken away from him." Michael closed his eyes and sighed slightly.

"I don't know. I just don't know okay?" He lashed out, wrapping his arms around his waist. "I'm going upstairs... I want to be alone." Eric said before heading towards the stairs. He hadnt eaten much, but he didn't want to be near Michael anymore.

Michael sighed hopelessly as his target of affection left him again. He cleaned up after them and sat down on the couch, thinking things through. Eric was really overdoing things. There was no way everything he was saying was the truth. It wasn't his fault and he couldn't help it, and he shouldn't feel responsible to.

Status
Not open for further replies.