High School Delusions?! (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nenshou Tamashii

Original poster
Link to the OOC
Tl0ANQQ.png

Classes finally start today... and it's also my first day as a second year student in Inayama High.

First year flew by like it was nothing. I mean, sure, it wasn't that bad, but it wasn't all interesting either. I made quite a few friends, and we had some great times together, but... I feel like something's missing. I definitely need to do something about this feeling before my time in High School gets used up.

I took the train to school like I always do during my first year. Thank heavens I was on time. Once I reached the front entrance and switched my shoes in the shoe lockers, I immediately walked over to the bulletin board to see which class I was designated to. Hm, Class 2-B. A lot of my friends are in the same class too, which was a relief. I hate having to watch my manners around those who I'm not too familiar with, but I guess it's in my nature. Thankfully, I get to act more like myself when I'm surrounded by those I've warmed up to.

When I first stepped into the classroom, a lot of them greeted me like they've known me forever. 'Hey, Akira's here!' or 'Akkey, mah man!' I responded like I always do, adding little jokes or harmless insults. But there's that feeling again, that things'll turn out uninteresting like last year. Perhaps deep down inside me... Damien wanted to come out. He's been laying dormant for quite some time now, ever since the end of middle school.

Some of my new classmates here I'm not too close with. Perhaps the only thing I know about them is their names. Inaho, Minamoto, Gensai... I know a little more about Minamoto because she's considered kinda popular, but I've never talked to anyone outside of class much. Then there are the new transfer students who were placed here. I'm not sure how having them as an addition to my class would impact my High School life...

Last edited by a moderator:
16 year old Aquaria was walking through the halls of her new school looking for her locker. I wonder if they will like me...Who am I kidding, of course they will like! I mean, whats not to like? I've got looks, talent, smarts; Haha, I'm the whole package!" She thought to herself, but suspicious that the second part was thought just to reassure herself. Meanwhile her older brother, 18 year old Lance was leaning against some random locker, "I've got a minute of two to kill before class starts anyways, why not spend it looking ridiculously, incredibly cool?" He muttered under his breath, with a sly chuckle and smirk at the end. Yes, he had quite the ego. Aquaria did too, but not as much as Lance. I don't think anyone has it quite as much as Lance. He then noticed his sister Aquaria heading his way. Aquaria just looked at the floor, avoiding eye-contact with Lance, you see, they were not exactly the 'best of friends'. "Hey shrimp, hold up, where are you going in such a hurry? You still haven't given me back me my ten dollars." Lance said, grabbing her arm. "Wasn't it you the one who borrowed ten dollars from me?" Aquaria snapped, giving him an evil look. "Don't get all technical on me, point is I want money, which you should have a lot of considering how you uncle of your spoils you all the time." Lance answered in a dark tone. They weren't directly related, Lance was adopted by Aquaria's uncle, and Aquaria lost her parents, so the only family member that could take care of her was her uncle, who wasn't afraid to show exactly which child was his favorite.

uwtl1vC.png
She woke up too late, as usual, getting up she dressed and rushed down greeting her mother with just "hi" and running off towards the bus station.
It was the first day of her second year Inayama High, she was super excited...or so she thought, running a few more steps she slowed down.
'That was weird...' she just ran half the way to the bus station, she never did that, why would she even get excited?
Yukis excitement now was gone, she got into the bus with a sigh and looked around, there was no seat left, she would just wait for one.

As the reached school, she got out of the bus and walked through the gates, she felt good being back at school, she didn't dislike school at all, it was always silent and she didn't need to talk to anyone here, she could just sit around and study.
Entering the main building of the school she changed her shoes and looked and walked to the bulletin board "2-B.." she mumbled as she walked off, she knew none of the names she read, maybe they were in the same class before, but she didn't ever ask for their names.

Upon entering class she saw many faces and looked at the people in 2-B, she didn't recognize anyone and walked of to a corner and sighed, taking a book out, she loved these book about people that were strong, cute and had many friends.
Yuki never had too many friends, but that didn't matter too much, she could wait, some day she would get friends...wait...she had one friend, Sakura always spoke with her when she was alone, showing her how strong she is, Sakura was always running face first into trouble..sometime she felt like she wanted to be like Sakura, but she would wait with that.

She found a seat in class after looking up from her book a few times and sat down, some people seemed to greet her, she would reply later...maybe...

Aquaria panicked and without thinking bit Lance on the arm he was using to grab her. "Gaah! What the heck!?!!" Lance yelled and let go.
She used the opportunity to run away and not look back. "Why does he bully me around so much? He didn't do that until a few years ago...Did I do something wrong?" Aquaria thought to herself as she went around the corner into another hall and walked into her class room.
"Little brat..." Lance muttered darkly. "Yo Lance! Are you okay man? I just saw some girl bite you..." Mordecai, Lance's best friend, questioned with a soft smile.
"No I'm not okay! I still have that annoying midget in my life." Lance snapped.
"Haha, take it easy Lance. She's your sister after all. We are going to be late for class, come on." Mordecai chuckled and pulled him along. Mordecai was one of those relaxed, happy-go-lucky people. The two sat down in their class desks.

p1Ig1dL.png

"Yeah, he had-Hic!-Had no hcance... Hahahah! Well thas wat e gets fer tryin to ofertro the... Queen! O the Tip-Pit!"

Aya was drinking at a bar chatting with a fan about her recent match. Suddenly the door swang open, and slammed into the wall.
"Cramp-Cram-Crap!... The pit master spotted me..."

"Aya! What are you-are you drunk!"

Aya just glared at her. "Look at the glass in my hand. See it? It's empty! 'Course I'm drunk!" She threw her cup at the Pit master. She only face palmed.

"This... Is a coffee can Aya. Honestly you had me worried..."

I suddenly was snapped from my fantasy. I was enjoying myself too. "Mmmm, why do you have to spoil my fun Mika-chan."

Her eyes filled with rage. "Fun! You call sitting acting drunk from coffee fun?! Honestly, Sometimes I don't know why I bother hanging out with you..." She turned her back to me. I came up behind her and just plopped my head on her shoulder. "Because you know you want to join me in the realm of Fantas-Owowowowowowowo!"

"Oh no you don't! You get to work! I am not Graduating alone! You know I often question our friendship." Oh the ear pull. Truly Mika-chan was a worthy adversary.

She dragged me to my class and just left me. "Why are you so mean Mika-chan." I just shrugged it off and sat in my seat.

Last edited:
BNdUg9f.png

"I'm going now!"

I went on the same walking route I've always used whenever I was headed to school.Inayama High is a 20-25 minute walk from my house,but I don't really mind.It's not like it's that far.I would ride my bike to school like what my mom suggested me to do several times,but I don't want to let perverts see what's hidden underneath my skirt.Besides,walking is quite relaxing.

The peacefulness of my walk was disturbed when I heard a familiar voice chant my name."Riiiiiika!~".I turned around to face the direction of where the voice came from.It came from a girl named Sayu who was walking with Eri.They're both really good friends of mine who I hung out with in my first year...no,since middle school.I don't quite recall how we met,but somehow our friendship just happened.Sometimes though I wish that I could tell them my secret hobby and interest.

After a few more minutes,we finally reached the school."C'mon guys!Let's see which class we're in~" Eri cheered,tugging on Sayu's arm and dragged her to the board.I couldn't help but to smile at them as I slipped on my school shoes.I calmly walked to the bulletin board and looked for my name."2-B?" I said,and was surprisingly in sync with my friends.Their tone sounded like it was in shock compared to mine that sounded calm and natural."Aww....Eri and I are both in 2-C..." Sayu said,pouting her lips."That's fine.At least our classrooms are besides each other~" I said in a cheerful tone,trying to cheer her up.

We walked together to our classrooms since,like I said,they were just besides each other.Along the way,I greeted "good morning" and waved at what felt like 100 students.I didn't mind of course.In fact,that made me happy.

I bid my friends goodbye and walked to my assigned class's classroom.Right when I slid open the door,I was welcomed with an almost instant "Hey look!We have Rika in our class!" by some random guy who I didn't quite recognize until I looked up at his face.Then the next thing I knew,people were gathering around me while I stood there in front of the door.Right in front of the entrance."We're so happy to be with you this year~""How was break?""Aye,sit over there!" I was shot by questions and comments rather continuously and I barely got the chance to respond to any of them.Not quite sure on how to respond to any of them,I just tilted my head to the side gave them a smile that was a mix of happiness and confusion.

After a few minutes of greeting and small exchange of giggles,I finally got out of the crowd and found a seat somewhere in the middle;the chair on the second row,second column,near the window to be exact.I guess this is where I'll sit for now...unless the teacher decides to move us.This seems like an interesting year...and potentially I might finally get over it...but am I actually willing to?

...Ah whatever.I guess I'll just see what happens...

Lance and Mordecai were sitting in their desks, Mordecai in a desk somewhere near the middle, and Lance in a desk diagonally left from Mordecai's.
Lance had a dull and bored expression on his face, waiting for his teacher to enter the class room. He then began flicking some random person's ear. The person didn't mind too much though, considering he was asleep. "Geez, when is this kid going to decide to wake up?" Lance thought to himself, flicking the kid's ear some more. Mordecai on the other hand was staring intensely at some spider crawl across his desk, trying to entertain himself.
Suddenly the door slammed open, snapping everyone to attention. Their teacher had arrived and did the same things most teachers did on the first day. Wrote their name on the blackboard, etc. etc. etc.

Meanwhile....
Aquaria was in her class, her teacher had arrived, but she wasn't really interested in learning how to do impossible math expressions that she believed she probably wouldn't even have the 'pleasure' of using in real life. She started to kick someone's chair, just for fun.
Like her brother Lance, she was sometimes kind of annoying. You can see where she gets it from. Neither of them really cared too much about making a good impression.

KngJ1aN.png

Yukio Gensai walked the same route he usually did to school, hiding his face as much as he could... He was almost completely lost in his own little world for the time being... Arriving at the school, made sure to avoid as many people as he could, he didn't want everyone's attention on him... It's not that he didn't like his good looks, but he has a bad case of social anxiety to say the least... Not to mention having other girls, and people in general after all the time just didn't suit him... He approaches the board, looking at his class number he was assigned; 2-B... He did knows a little about some of his classmates, 3 in particular... Though he wasn't exactly comfortable with opening up to them quite yet, he quietly made his way to class, sticking to the less crowded areas of the hall, finally making it there he sits down nervously in a seat way back in the corner of the room like he usually did... Zoning out a little, waiting for the class to start...

Last edited:
(Oh man, York, I can't stop looking at your signature pic, those moving picture gif-thingies are always catching my eye. It keeps on distracting me while I'm writing back. You're hypnotizing me. XD)

Eventually the teacher dismissed class, the last words Lance heard before bolting out of the classroom being "And don't forget homework, pages 14 through 17!"
"Haha, finally, we're outta that death trap! That was THE most boring teacher I have ever met!" Lance told his friend Mordecai, perhaps a little too loudly as they walked in the hall way. You could faintly hear the teacher say from the classroom, "What was that Mister Alev!?" (Lance's last name being Alev) "Uhm, n-nothing Mr. Kersten! Gah, walk faster Mordecai." Lance replied hastily, now walking with a faster pace, as he made his way through the bunch of kids getting out of their classrooms, Mordecai tagging beside him.
"Watch out Lance, now he's going to give you extra schoolwork~" Mordecai teased.

Aquaria picked up her backpack and waltzed out of the room into the now crowded halls. She made her way to her locker, accidentally tripping over what she could've sworn was Lance's leg and bumping into some random stranger. "Ugh, watch it bub!" Aquaria snapped, but soon remembered that it was her that bumped into the other person, so she quickly apologized in a softer tone, "Err, sorry. I-I mean excuse me..."

Akane Mori
Akane was already in her classroom. He was way early as usual which gave her some time to enjoy her solitude sitting in the last desk close to the window so she could look outside every time she sensed that she might happen to enter any kind of conversation. At this point it was almost time for class and students were hurrying in. Yes, they all got used to slack off in the morning or sleep in, so most of them ran to school appearing all red and panting. In Akane's opinion it was very rude, but not like she cared. She was there, all good to go, and that was the most important thing. She was still sitting with the headphones in her ears with really loud music coming from them, but she wasn't bothered. The louder the better. Sometimes she wondered how the hell she still has ear, but that never stopped her to keep listening to it that way.

On the table in front of her was a half done sketch of a three-headed dog. She loved it, although most of people found her art pretty disturbing. Nothing disturbing in doing what you like to do, right? But again it was just fine. That way she could avoid all unimportant and stupid questions about her work. Even thought she learned to control her "Shinigam nature", she still hated getting angry with people for their stupidity, just to be blamed for everything again. The songs passed as the classroom filled with students.

7HRpaBF.png

I found myself looking at the class listing board with a frown, unthinkingly mumbling my displeasure under my breath.

"Hmm... Three months of freedom and now I'm stuck in high school. I was kinda hoping I'd be able to be myself this time around too, but apparently that's not happening."

I let a sigh escape my mouth too as I rotated towards the direction of the first year corridor, finally deciding to make a move towards my future home for the next year. During the opening ceremony I'd be representing the first years which I actually find pretty funny as I probably wouldn't know anyone. I don't think my past grades or reputation were pretty bad either so maybe it isn't all that surprising.

Finally arriving at my classroom, A1, the noise of rampaging students had already started filling the air which made me wonder what sort of class I'll be representing. It probably won't be anything to be proud about.

"... Eh?"

I found my thoughts to be surprisingly accurate as I slid open the door. People sitting on desks, throwing paper around and talking loudly about inappropriate subjects without a care in the world. If this were my old school they would never have gotten away with it- a teacher from another class would have come in and told them all to be quiet while waiting for their homeroom teacher to arrive... Actually, that's another thing. Where is the teacher? Everyone's a few minutes early, but surely the teacher would be the same, right?

Whatever, I'll just take a window seat while there's still a few and take it easy for a bit. Who knows what's in store for me today...

jC0xBFp.png

I was walking to my new class. I had a bad feeling as I neared the room. As soon as I opened the door, my fears were confirmed. Chaos. It seemed this class was in need of Odin Negotiation. He addressed the class. "Excuse me. Name's Odin Harusuke, and I like to talk and goof around too. However, it seems to me that it is getting a little out of hand here. No need to stop what your doing, just lower the volume a little bit." He smirked "But really, why did I even bother asking. None of you will actually listen to me, right? I'm just a normal, powerless student. Welp, guess I'll take my seat."

He sat down in an open seat. Looking to his right he saw a girl who seemed kind of bummed. "Yo. I'm the guy who just made that embarrassing speech, and I couldn't help but notice you seemed a little down. You know, if it's anything you want to talk about I'd gladly listen. I can't stand seeing someone down, no matter how serious the problem. But I believe the real question is, am I hitting on you, or am I actually being a nice guy?"

p1Ig1dL.png

I saw Akane sitting in the back, headphones on as usual. I always enjoyed talking to her, whether or not she actually enjoyed it was of little concern to me, she could use a friend. I got up from my seat and stood in front of her desk. "Sup, Akane! Hey you should learn to read lips! Imagine how great it would be to listen to music and talk to people!" I could already sense her displeasure before she even did anything. I noticed the picture of the three-headed dog on her desk. I picked it up. "Not bad. Cerberus are formidable, but there is no better rush than facing off with one in the arena, as the crowd cheers!... Eh... S-Sorry, you probably haven't the slightest clue what I just said do you?"

oie_1201213gC6BaEih_zps431bb224.png

School. Oh, how I hated school. Well, to be more accurate, the people in it. I had nothing against learning, and the building itself wastn't much of an eyesore. It was just the teachers and the authority they never bothered to exert, and the students I couldn't trust as far as I could throw. Some would have disputed this, but frankly, I wasn't about to take any chances. Not after the last time.

I shuddered a little at the memory of my previous school, but shook myself out of the trance. Now was not the time for fear. That came later.

The warm interior of the school was a welcome break from September's bitter breezes. It wasn't that I disliked the cold - no, I preferred it to be too cold than too hot. It was just that the wind was annoying to deal with when I didn't have a coat on. I hadn't thought I'd be needing one, as the weather forecast had said temperatures would be fine. I guess I underestimated the power a simple breeze could hold. I chuckled under my breath - such an analogy suited me. They looked at me like I was weak, like I was incapable. They would soon see - they would all see.

"Behold, the god of war!"
...Is what I'd have liked to say as I stood at the open door, but social norms dictated not naming yourself a god of any sorts, unless you were joking. And even then, you weren't always safe.

Instead of announcing my arrival with a booming voice and an overly-theatrical gesture, I slunk into the classroom, hoing that nobody noticed me, like usual. My lack of presence may have been seen as a curse to some people, but I wasn't some people. No, this lack of presence was what let me slip by without being bothered, my machinations uninterrupted, my plans for world domination unhindered.

Besides, it'd make it all the more shocking when Dreadnought took over and conquered the masses.

7HRpaBF.png

"Excuse me. Name's Odin Harusuke, and I like to talk and goof around too. However, it seems to me that it is getting a little out of hand here. No need to stop what your doing, just lower the volume a little bit."

While I was busy trying to block out the annoyances of the classroom, my attention soon changed to a boy's reflection in the window. It seemed like this particular boy was trying to calm the class down... Although he probably should have gotten their attention first.

"But really, why did I even bother asking. None of you will actually listen to me, right? I'm just a normal, powerless student. Welp, guess I'll take my seat."

He sat down in the empty seat next to mine after realizing that the class blatantly ignored everything he had to say. I applaud his efforts though- I couldn't do anything like that. Although having to be a girl all the time doesn't help my confidence, and then I have to do a speech like this too. Such an annoyance. I turned back to the window with a sigh after previously staring at the desk for a moment, instantly catching the boy's eyes in the reflection. I turn to face him after failing to stave off eye-contact.

"Yo. I'm the guy who just made that embarrassing speech, and I couldn't help but notice you seemed a little down. You know, if it's anything you want to talk about I'd gladly listen. I can't stand seeing someone down, no matter how serious the problem."

"Eh?"

"But I believe the real question is, am I hitting on you, or am I actually being a nice guy?"

That's... A strange way to talk to someone for the first time.

"Ah yeah. Your speech was pretty impressive. I'm just a bit concerned about my own speech for the opening ceremony later today though. I'm representing the first year and I wasn't told about it until last night."

I half lied about what was bothering me. I also ignored his question, but maybe you can understand why.

"I'm Hikari Amaya by the way. Nice to meet you!"

Akane Mori
Akane sighed lightly, when she noticed Aya approaching. She thought for a moment, but realised that just giving up on her drawing, and looking pointlessly through the window wasn't worth it. Instead, Akane discreetly turned of her player wanting to know what was so important. "Sup, Akane! Hey you should learn to read lips! Imagine how great it would be to listen to music and talk to people!" For a moment, she though about how unbelievable it was for someone to be daring enough to approach her, even though she did her best to keep them away. But Aya was a "Good girl gone bad" type, so no wonder she never really gave a damn.

She jerked lightly, when Aya reached and grabbed her sketch. No one ever did that. But yet again, Akane wasn't mad.
"Not bad. Cerberus are formidable, but there is no better rush than facing off with one in the arena, as the crowd cheers!... Eh... S-Sorry, you probably haven't the slightest clue what I just said do you?" Akane smirked and laid down pencil on her desk. She knew Aya thought she was listening to the music still, so she decided to play a bit, pretending she somehow heard Aya through the noise. She spoke calmly. "Honestly, I do not like crowds." She looked around the classroom briefly and then leaned towards Aya, as if she had a secret to tell her. "But I do know how those pups roll. I assure you that one decent bone saves you a lot of hard work. They do the fighting for you." She chuckled lightly before leaning back in her seat.

p1Ig1dL.png

"Eh? But where is the fun in that! Cerberus give you more bang for your buck at three for the price of one!... Well if I put it that way, it means I'M getting cleaned out... Stupid pit master only giving me money for the whole thing, not for each head." I was referring to Mika-Chan's incentives. If I did my work, she would buy me lunch. However I get ONE meal for ONE whole nights worth of work! What's more there is a limit of only 700 YEN! "Talk about stingy..." Wait... Did Akane just respond to me? Wait... Did she even play along with what I said!? "Akane, are you feeling alright? Sure you're not hallucinating from like a fever or something? Cause I could have sworn you were talking about fighting a Cerberus, as if you had experience." Could she?... Nah, she a smart one like me, but she uses it, not like me.

jC0xBFp.png

"Nice to meet you Hikari. And regarding that speech, I'd gladly help. Just shoot me with what you've got so far."

Akane Mori
Aya kept on talking about battles with Cerberus, and Akane couldn't help but admire her how much she didn't care about what will others say. She knew that Aya never realised how much Akane knew about Cerberus. Hell, she dealt with one as well, but it was more or less live or die for no money whatsoever. "Eh? But where is the fun in that! Cerberus give you more bang for your buck at three for the price of one!... Well if I put it that way, it means I'M getting cleaned out... Stupid pit master only giving me money for the whole thing, not for each head." She thought for a bit deciding how to reply and not to seem suspicious. "Well, if you already deal with Cerberus that way, seems to me you can make the pit master change his mind. One way or another."

She chuckled making sure her reply wasn't too serious, but not too mocking either. She knew what Aya was talking about pretty well and laughing at her would be laughing at herself.
"Akane, are you feeling alright? Sure you're not hallucinating from like a fever or something? Cause I could have sworn you were talking about fighting a Cerberus, as if you had experience." Akane raised her head and looked at Aya with her light green eyes. "Huh?" She hesitated a bit, thinking carefully what she will say next. It wasn't something she was really good at. Talking to other people was really hard, but talking to someone who's mind is deranged exactly like yours, and yet have to hide it from them, was next to impossible for Akane. "I...No, I don't have a fever. Nothing like that." She lowered her tone a bit, still thinking. Then she remembered of a safe sentence and raised her eyebrow reassuringly. "Please, do you really think my drawings are made just like that? I do need to consult books and on-line articles about the nature of myth, so I can capture it's true beauty on paper." Safe. Untrue, but safe. "So you can say I have experience. I read a lot about that myth." She chuckled once again thinking how hypocritical she turned to be. Felt horrible, but it was for their own good.

uwtl1vC.png
Yuki put away her book and looked around class, she thought it might be best to at lease make a single friend..not more. She walked through the class and looked at everyone, hoping to get someone to look back at her...2-B was really filled up already, but everyone kind off seemed to know each other and she didn't want to disturb anyone, she blushed and spoke up or rather shouted.
"He-hey everyone..does anyone....want to talk?" she fell on her knees after saying that, it was so embarrassing she never spoke up, but she didn't want to be the loner for another three years...maybe...someone would talk to her?

BNdUg9f.png

"He-hey everyone..does anyone....want to talk?"

I was just pulling out my pencil and a notebook when I heard someone say those words.The voice wasn't quite familiar to me,but her tone didn't seem that confident.I turned my body around to see where the voice came from.It took me a while to spot the twintailed girl on her knees.I looked around the classroom that dropped a bit silent for a moment after her announcement before got off my seat and walked over to her.

"I do" I said with a cheerful tone and smile,bending down a bit with both my hands on my knees for support.

uwtl1vC.png
Yuki was completely embarrassed, everyone probably looked at her, but she kept her eyes closed until she heard someone coming closer and speak up. Her eyes opened and lit up as she saw someone. She smiled blushed a little. "H-hey....I'm..Inaho...Inhao Yuki..." slowly she got up again, someone spoke to her! To her the girl that was always scared of others! She had to be her next best friend and they would do many things together...Yuki slowly spaced off as she looked at the other girl still smiling. "S-sorry...I made a scene.."

Status
Not open for further replies.