Hidden wings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bzzz. Bzzz. Two seconds of silence. Then, Bzzz. Bzzz. Emmy pulled her vibrating phone out of her pocket, and put it to her ear. "Hi, this is Emmy. What can I do for you?" she asked the person on the other end. After a short pause, there was a reply. "Emmy as in Ms. Emmaline Katchadorian Silver?" The angel hunter sighed. "Oh, hello, Blair. Please don't use my middle name out loud." Blair, the person on the other end of the phone, was a high-school age boy who had seen an advertisement for angel-hunting services. He had been calling Emmy for ages ever since he saw her number on the flyer, and not all of the calls were about potential targets in the area.

"Listen, Em, there's a whole bunch of hybrids prancing around," Blair said over the phone. "You know, those things you call 'unholy'. You seen any?" After Emmy replied in the positive, the boy kept talking. "Well, I need the body of one for a science project, and, uh-"

Emmy cut him off. "I'm not going to give you a half-angel corpse for a school project," she snapped. Of course, Blair was quick to recover. "Well, it's not just for me. It's, uh, for the whole school." His rambling made Emmy wonder if he was in love with her somehow. The idea of it was sickening. The two of them were silent for a while. Then, Emmy finally said to the overeager teenager, "I still won't do it. Half-angels should be studied by proper scientists," she said firmly, before hanging up without another word. Still, Blair's warning had a point to it. "There's a whole bunch of hybrids prancing around." The boy was just an amateur hunter, but if what he was seeing wasn't just blonde-haired people conveniently located in sunlight, Emmy might have to keep a close eye on the city. She put her notes away, and pulled out her angel-detecting goggles, once more staring at the streets. Maybe she could catch sight of her initial target.

He smiled as he held onto Chelsea. He looked at Aqua "Thank you.." he mouthed as he looked at her. Little Mary smiled "Thank you, Angel girl!" she squealed. She danced around her and giggled. "Wiam!! Can she come to my birthday party!? Pwease!?" she said as she looked at him with cute eyes "I hate that so much. Yes, she can come but that's only if she wants too." he said. He let go of Chelsea and took Little Mary's hand as she ran him over to Aqua "Pwease, pwetty Angel?? Will you come to my birthday party?" she asked with cute eyes to her. It was like the puss and boots look. He looked at Aqua, wondering if she'll say yes. "It's in 4 months." he said. He hoped she would say yes, because, people usually disappear on them anyways. But who knows what could happen.

A few miles away from where the angel hunter was, a teenage boy slammed down his house phone in frustration after Emmy hung up. Blair needed to get Emmy where he was. There was an interspecies couple outside his house, for crying out loud! If they started kissing, Blair would have to deal with them himself, and he was only a beginner angel hunter. Emmy would know what to do; she was a professional, and although she was a little slow, she got the job done without leaving a mess.

Blair snapped out of his reverie when he heard the chk-chk that came from guns about to be fired. Someone, probably his strongly pro-hunting and slightly crazy aunt, was going to deal with the lovebirds for him. That was relieving. So why did Blair feel scared for the human girl and her angelic lover? Why on earth did he feel like something needed to be done? And why, of all the things he could have done, did Blair dash out of the house, head for the couple, and tell them to run for dear life? He would never have done this before. Blair had a firm belief that angel/human relations would taint the angels' purity and make humans feel inferior to the resulting half-angels; it was how he was raised. Maybe he just had an impulse to protect the feeling of contentment that the lovers had shared. But... interspecies? Why had he done that?

Oh, no, Blair thought. Here comes Aunt Jennifer. And there his aunt was, in all her 50-something-year-old glory, armed with a loaded rifle. She looked around, searching for the couple. Once it was certain that they couldn't be found, the woman glared at her nephew. She took a breath, put two and two together, then yelled, "YOU LET THEM GET AWAY!" Seeing as Aunt Jennifer had a gun, Blair didn't want to take any chances. He barreled into her, knocking her into the ground, and took off, not daring to look back. The decision was final: Blair couldn't live with his aunt anymore. She would hate him after what he had done.

The high-schooler ran into the main city, past several buildings, and landed facefirst on the sidewalk after he finally used up his energy. With a moan, he slowly dragged himself onward, then looked up to see an alley filled with people. Were they friendly or not? If they were, great. If they weren't, well, Blair wouldn't mind getting killed right about now. He flopped into the alley, not unconscious, but far too tired to move any further.

Zeniel relaxed as Aqua called down to them from the surface. He made sure to keep an ear on the conversation though; that last encounter had been too close, and he wasn't going to drop his guard again. He yawned, displaying a maw of sharp teeth and a red tongue, before he turned to the hunter below him. "So," he drawled "Cole. What's your opinion on the situation. This place is too small and way too exposed." Blood red eyes glowed. "I say we move. How 'bout it, hm?"

Status
Not open for further replies.