Hidden Secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthony smirked at Raven. The ravenette had started reddening. That meant that he was flustered.. by Anthony. Anthony was a guy which meant one thing! Raven was attracted to guys. If you were straight you didn't get flustered when another boy hit on you, did you? Probably not, right? Anthony mentally congratulated himself though he didn't want to make their relationship complicated so he let it go. Was Anthony attracted to Raven? Possibly, but it was still too soon to tell. They definitely made great friends. Didn't mean he couldn't indirectly fluster Raven again, right? Raven agreed that he would go with Anthony and the red head smiled with delight. He took Raven by the hand and ran torwards the door, "Come on! This is going to be so fun!" Anthony laughed as he burst through the doors and ran through the empty halls. The red head turned his head torward Raven, just about to say something when he rammed into a locker. Ouch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raven could see the little thought process in Anthony's eyes, and Raven bet he figured out he leaned both ways. He liked when Anthony smirked, Raven realized, the expression on his face while doing so was mischievous. Raven trailed after Anthony as he grabbed his hand, pulling him towards the exit door and down the stairs, his hair blowing back slightly as they did. He pulled Anthony into a small crevasse in the wall, making both of them go out of sight when a teacher walked by. Raven laughed into his hand when the teacher passed, then continued to let Anthony pull him down the hallway. Raven was grinning like a dork as they ran down the hallway and too the front doors, bursting through them and slowing their pace a bit to catch a breath. Raven ran a hand through his hair and laughed, looking up at the gloomy grey sky, a small smile playing at his lips. "Look out for the security guards on campus. If we get caught, they'll instantly send us back and assign us detention." Raven looked around cautiously, grinning like a kid, and pulling Anthony with him as he speed walked towards a secret exit he knew of. "This'll be easier." Raven opened the big gate door that lead into a town, the amusement park not too far away.

"You must have very good hearing," mused Verrückt aloud, remaining still. The tall man once more fell silent, his gaze intently focused onto the irises of Avery, both of which proved to be akin in color to sclera. How true the notion that interesting people stray from class turned out to be. But, was his interest genuine? Intricately veiled malevolence? Perhaps his interest did not even lay with the young, bashful teenager. "Do you miss being able to see? All of the vivid imagery you've missed over the years. Truly, it's a shame."

A concise swoosh swept through the air, indicating a single, fluid motion of one kind or another. With footing as deft as Verrückt's, it may have come as a surprise; the abrupt sensation of cool leather brushing along the underside of Avery's chin. "If only there were a way to return you to the way you once were. It would be easier to make friends, to make your way around, to not always feel so dejected about missed opportunities resultant of your inability to see."

The man inched his face closer to Avery's, slowly. So much so it might have been agonizing. Despite such a close proximity, the blind individual felt no breath trickling along his exposed flesh, no uncomfortable warmth to ascertain that he wasn't in fact alone. He did, however, pick up a faint scent of lavender. "Perhaps there is a way."

This was going to be awesome! They were going to ride all the rides together and eat everything together and win all the gigantic stuffed animals! The red head was looking forward to this.. he couldn't wait. Raven was the perfect person to do this with too. Before Anthony could react to the pain of his face slamming into a wall Raven pulled him into a wall crevasse. Anthony rubbed at his face repeatedly, finally grasping the pain. "My face hurts," Anthony complained. Anthony looked over at Raven, the ravenette pulled Anthony through the front entrance and the red head watched Raven. He looked up at the sky and smiled, his hair blowing out of his face. Anthony felt his hair whip his face too and he smiled. Raven looked so peaceful. "Look out for the security guards on campus. If we get caught, they'll instantly send us back and assign us detention." Raven really seemed to know what he was doing. Anthony assumed that he'd done with many times and was pretty familiar with it. The red head had only tried to sneak off campus once and was immediately caught. Stupid guards... Anthony followed Raven as he led him to a secret exit and Anthony began to gush, "This is so cool! We haven't even gotten to the park and I'm already having fun!" The boy giggled and kept following Raven. He pointed to the left and began walking in the dorection of his finger, "I believe it is this way!"

"Wh-what?..." he questioned ever so slowly, his breaths short and full of terror. The man's voice had gotten closer - way closer, but even then, he didn't dare move away; who knows what that man might do to him. He wanted to scream for help, but he knew that it be fruitless; the man probably had a good lie up his sleeve, and it'd only make his situation worse. Only if he'd stayed in class...

See again? He recalled the man saying something about regaining his sight, but how? What was the man getting at? Why, of all people, did he have to run into Verrückt?

"I-I... I have to go to the restroom," Avery said silently, trying his best to keep his voice from breaking. He shook as he grabbed onto Kiba's leash, "C'mon boy..." The pup didn't reply, but instead he sat there and growled at Verrückt. Damn, he thought, without Kiba willing to move, he wasnt going to get anywhere.

Raven smirked and continued walking alongside Anthony. After a few moments of walking, Raven glanced down and realized they were still holding hands, his face turning bright red. "A-ah, we're almost there." He dropped Anthony's hand quickly as he pulled his hand away embarrassed. Raven rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled, turning a corner and seeing the amusement park ahead. "We'll have tons of fun! I love amusement parks, but I haven't really been to one since I was 9." He smiled slightly, looking at the park as he thought back to his last trip here. "I'm excited to ride the rides again." He laughed and looked over at Anthony, his lips curled into a grin.

Red gets into the office and opens a few of the drawers of the desk. He was obviously looking for something specific. He smiles triumphantly as he pulls his cigarettes out of the drawer. He then takes out a piece of paper and puts it where they were. The paper reads "Thanks". He closes the drawers and locks the office door behind him and runs out of the office building, looking for a fight.

Verrückt's hand trailed upwards from Avery's chin, coming eventually to rest on the boy's cheek bone. A gentle push nudged made it so those oh-so empty eyes peered in the direction of the nearest restroom. "Do you now? Well then, why just stand there? You won't get anything accomplished that way." Avery perhaps felt a small gust of air brush past his left eye, as though something had swiftly passed over top of it. Suddenly:

Vision.

Light had always flooded into the boy's eye, but now he could perceive it. For the briefest of moments, he could make out the hard tile floor. He witnessed the magnificence of color and shape, the grandeur of human architecture and ingenuity. Verrückt's grinning face. "Besides, you probably prefer things to be dark. I can't say I necessarily blame you."

Darkness.

The man stood up straight, withdrawing from Avery into the unknown just as quickly as he had first closed in. The boy was, as far as he knew, alone and free to leave. Once more, the fate of their encounter was delegated to chance. The prospect of regaining one's vision, tantalizing or horrifying? As they so often say: beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Reactions: XxGiaXx
Being the idiotic boy he was, he saw no problem with holding Raven's hand as if they were a couple. Raven seemed to think differently and pulled his hand away. Anthony giggled at the boy's embarrassment as he turned red. "Even friends hold friends, Rave," the red head pointed out, grabbing Raven's hand once again. Anthony frowned, he hadn't been to one since he was 9? That was a bit sad.. Even Anthony took himself at age 14. But that just made him determined to make this Raven's best day ever! The green eyed bafoon pointed to a roller coaster named 'Beyond the Galaxy'. "Let's go here first!" Anthony exclaimed walking up to the ticket booth. Digging through his messy school bag Anthony pulled out a 50 dollar bill he had found on the ground one day and kept. "2 all day passes, please!" The female nodded and took Anthony's thin wrist. She snapped the bracelet onto his wrist and did the same to Raven. The boy handed the 50 to the female and couldn't help but notice she was staring at his eyepatch. He smiled before waving goodbye. "Keep the change," he shouted at her before intertwining his hand with Raven's and running into the line for their first roller coaster. "I'm excited! This is going to be awesome! This is going to be the best day of your life, Rave! That's a promise!" Anthony laughed, practically jumping up and down in the line.

Avery gasped in surprise, fear, joy, confusion. Sight! He could actually see! Oh, it was beautiful! He could see the shade and the highlights, the vibrant colors. It was amazing... Was.

He dropped onto his knees as his vision faded to black yet once again, his heart shattering at the event. 'Staring' at the floor, or better yet, in his lonesome darkness, Avery felt tears build up in his eyes as he grabbed Kiba and pulled him to his chest, embracing him tightly. That man had come, scared him out of his wits, gave him sight, rid him of it, and just left. Why?

"W-Why me?" Avery questioned softly as he stroked the pup's fur slowly, tears rolling down his cheeks. He watched the unmoving darkness he was bound to see forever and began sobbing. Everything the man said was so... True. He wanted to see again...Now, there he was, kneeling in the middle of the hallway, crying and holding his dog... Oh, he should've just stayed in the classroom.

Red jogs into the hallway Avery is in and runs over quickly. "Hey! You alright, guy?" He jogs over and crouches by him. "what happened?"

Avery spoke through short, sob-filled breaths, 'staring' at the ground, shivering in sadness. The sound of the male was somewhat comforting, but he knew that he'd probably make fun of him if he told him the truth. "N-Nothing... I just got scared b-because I'm l-lost." It was technically true; he was blind.

Serah sighed as she sat on the stairs. Her head popped up curiously as she heard voices. She slowly got up and hesitated. 'what if its a teacher' she thought. She glanced around before slowly moving out and she paused. Her eyes widened slightly as she saw two guys. "um.." She knew it was none of her business but she spoke with her light voice. "are you guys okay?" She tilted her head to the side and hesitantly walked over. She was obviously clueless to the situation. She gasped and her eyes brightened as she saw a dog. She smiled happily as she stared at Kiba.

Avery stood and wiped his tears, placing Kiba on the ground. There was another person here; a female, to be exact. She sounded innocent, kind, maybe even caring. If he could remember correctly, it was the girl from earlier, Serah. However, that mattered none; he wasn't going to stay any longer. He was probably going to go home and sulk for a number of hours. "Y-Yes, I'm fine," he answered to the girl who had just arrived. He kept his blank gaze at the ground, speaking to both Red and Serah through a still-cracking voice, "Thank you both, but I'd best be going..." He shook the leash, and Kiba got the gist of what he was planning to do. The pup yipped and began making his way toward the Office; he'd call in sick and head home. The perfect plan, he thought. Hopefully, something would go right today...

Serah watched him leave. "oh um okay" she smiled and tilted her head to the side. She looked at red curiously and just smiled as she moved back to the stairs and sat down. Sighing and looking down at her feet. Starting to play with the blue tips of her hair.

Red balls his fists as he watches Avery walk off. He mutters under his breath that he was going to hurt whoever did that. He turns towards Serah. "Did you see who did that to him?"

She glanced up at him curiously and tilted her head, thinking. "I heard voices but when I came over it was just you and him, sorry I don't know.." She said softly and looked at him. Wondering why he was out of class. She sat up straight and blushed a bit shyly looking down at her knees and going quiet. "why don't you try talking to him? Is he your friend?"

Raven blushed when he intertwined their hands back together, following him up to the ticket booth to get their wrist bands. He held out his wrist so the woman behind the booth could wrap a band around it, and laced his fingers back into Anthony's smiling slightly to himself. Raven liked holding his hand; it was comforting and his hand was a bit small compared to his larger one. It was cute really. Raven looked at Anthony, his red hair and green eyed self beaming with excitement, wearing Raven's favorite leather jacket--totally adorable--and pulling him towards their first rollercoaster of the day. They reached the line which was pretty short thankfully, and Raven glanced at the sign that held the rollercoaster's name. "Beyond the Galaxy. Sounds exciting." He smiled, the happiness apparent in his crimson eyes that crinkled slightly at the edges. His grey My Chemical Romance shirt fluttered slightly in the wind, whipping his black hair messily over his eyes as he glanced down at Anthony. Today was going to be awesome.

School was a saddening bore for Charlotte. The day went about with nothing interesting going on, other than occasionally seeing that odd man in the back of school. Who was he? Being a paranoid person, she naturally became more and more panicked as the day went on.

(really sorry for not updating. I've been busy lately, and talking to my peers a lot.)

Looking back at the ravenette, Anthony smirked. Every time he looked at Raven, the boy seemed to be blushing even harder. "You look cute when you blush, I'm going to keep trying to make you blush," the boy said bluntly, his hand squeezing onto Raven's. The line hadn't been long considering most of the people were at work or school. Letting go of Raven's hand, Anthony flashed his bracelet at the man in front of the entrance to the ride before hopping in the front left seat. The car was a purplish black with white specks covering it, intimidating space. The red head stared ahead, the ride was indoors and it was not well lighten. Anthony could barely see in front of him. He hadn't been this excited since the first time he'd been here.

Status
Not open for further replies.