Heroes: The Wonder Boy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, as I see it, we've got a couple options. We could try to deceive them with some kind of illusion, perhaps cloak ourselves and send an illusion of our ship in the direction they want, we could take them out, or we could comply. What's it going to be?" Shadow asked. "Unless any of you have any other ideas, at least."

"I assume telling them what we're here for and hoping they let us through isn't a viable option?"

Land where they want us to land. We can go anywhere we want from there.
Lets not cause any attention to ourselves.

Aach-Ti says, stroking his tentacles in thought,

"Correction. Your ship is free to go about your personal business. Please enjoy your stay. On behalf of Ergo Corporation we apologize for any inconvenience."

Mr. Star's face gained a puzzled look, "Odd... Ergo Corporation is usual much more..."
He stops short when the ship's consoles starts blinking,
"The console, it has a encrypted message from a rarely used ISP encryption protocol.which must have been on purpose, because he knew our PA communicators would be able to decrypt it, since we regularly work with ISP..."

"ISP I thought the Powers Acedemy didn't fly here?"

"An ISP is kinda like a detective, but assigned to a particular planet. I think it stands for Inter-Solar Police. So we don't necessarily have jurisdiction here, seeing as this is an artifical planet and is consider private property, but we force them to have some of our law enforcement here. Something about how they can skirt the law in many areas such as research and worker rights. or somthing, I don't know."
"I So this guy is a friend of ours? Why is he being all secret?"
"Beats me, but the message has a bunch of pictures. One of which is the Wym guy you guys where fighting before. He's labeled 'Mentat' for some reason. It seems some one worked up a whole file on this guy, personality; self absorbed, arrogant, believes himself to be above other sentient beings in the universes, egotistical... abilities; all of them mental, but he's not known for teleporting, has a keen tactical mind suggesting military training of some sort... known allies, plenty of Ergo Corp employees that suggests he is being harbored by them, a few unknown leaders of some types. several gang leaders...

Let's see, another photo seems to be a detailed image of a building with Mentat in room 12. The entrances seem to be in rooms 4, 7 and 3. It also seems to have the best kind of shielding known to sentient life... magic psionic, cosmic, it can protect from just about everything. Also at the end of the message all it says is," "From a friend"

Last edited by a moderator:
Shadow crossed his arms. "Seems sketchy. I'll be back." In the same instant, Shadow vanished, teleporting to the edge of the barrier. He then attempted to step through it, simultaneously trying to push his senses through the shadows within and around it to see if he could find any openings.

As Shadow appears next the the building in question, he notices the walls surrounded by a strange purple energy that seemed to force his very being away from it like a magnet on the same sides. You force your way into one of the doors, but the purple energy pushes back on you, hard. After a brief struggle the energy throws you backwards into a pile of garbage. You then here foot steps and people saying, "Thats one of them!!! Blast em!!! Rockets begin to fly at you. You're also amazed at how quickly they managed to find you, considering how unnoticeable you where.

Shadow cast up a barrier of darkness around the missiles, containing them and probably causing them to explode within, before casting another up, of light, to contain the attackers.

Shadow I think we shoul-

And he was gone. Slamming his fist onto the nearest hard surface, Aach-Ti screams both audibility and within shadow's mind.

Gods damn it you imbecile.
Get back here before you get blown to bits!
You just blew whatever surprise chance we had!

Shadow winced at the noise in his mind, shaking his head to clear it before responding in kind. Aach-Ti, we had clearance. There should be no need for "surprise" unless you were expecting a trap. And what's better to check for traps with, our ship, or a single member of the crew?

Lesson learned. Now, not the fucking time! Even as he thought it, Shadow felt the crinis begin to invade his mind. He closed his eyes, dipped back into the darkness and out of sight, and put all of his concentration into resisting; so much so that both of the barriers he had created fell apart.

Last edited:
Wait, I can pull him out.
There is no need to assault the place right now.

I am not risking the mission so you can play hero Reaper.
You were warned to come back.

Using his mind, he invades Shadow's attempting to force his comrade to teleport back up to the ship.

Mind Switch,
Teleport,
Then toss the scythe over to my body and switch back.

Now, I am going to hold onto this until we have a plan.
Deal?

Aach-Ti says with a calm tone. Speaking to Ansel and the rest of the crew, he attempts to remain calm as well.

He is still dangerous without the scythe.
If he attacks me, well..

The console beeps again. Another message.

"Now you gone and done it. Weeks of planning down the drain. They're state of readiness is now at an all time high. No matter. Can still be salvaged. I need to meet with you face to face. Exchange what I know. Make a plan. Might come out alive. Don't worry about moving about the city. I hacked into ERGO Corp's facial recognition database. You're like ghosts. Don't worry about a time. You make it there, I'll know."

A set of coordinates are included. They lead to a diner by a series of tenements in the Fringe, the slums of this city.

Shadow checked that his scythe was hidden in armlet form beneath his sleeves. As soon as he realized it was gone, his entire atmosphere shifted, and a series of reactions passed through his eyes. Confusion, terror, fury, hatred, and the final, lingering mindstate: an empty, simple-minded ferality. He moved swiftly, manifesting a large spike of shadows over his hand, wrapping it in light, and driving it towards the nearest moving thing in the absence of his scythe. A nearly inhuman roar tore from his lungs as he looked around rapidly. "MY SCYTHE! WHERE IS IT?"

Last edited:
Shadow begins throwing his arm band blade around in a furry at the lost of his dear weapon.
However, thanks to Aach-Ti's convenient placement, the only one close enough to the blinding rage attacks was Ansel.
While the massive man was able to avoid the attack, it was close enough that it could have hurt him.

This is what I meant by keeping the team together. Make sure you do not alienate Shadow, but keep him in line. He is a....lost soul, not under the same mental influences most sentiments are.

Sek sprung out of his chair and in between Shadow and the others.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, guys, I think we all need a little time to cool our jets, and make some ice happen. Can we talk about this?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"You need to calm down, kid." Ansel said as Shadow conducted his tantrum. You'll get your toy back. Probably."

Sit down and be QUIET.

Ansel, tie him up would you?

Aach-Ti commands as he raises his hand in a powerful gesture.
Motioning towards the reaper, he again calls upon the force of his mind.

This creature is going to cost us our mission if he is not put under control.
You know that as well as I do.

Mind Control.
Sitting him in a chair.

Shadow did not hear them as he felt the pull at the back of his addled mind, instinct having taken over thought as he turned on the source, his mind withdrawing deeper as it resisted the action. Spotting his scythe, he sprinted towards it, paying no attention to the creature holding it, nor those who surrounded him; only to the hand in which it was held, which he attempted to sweep out of the way with the spike and his arm as he attempted to take it back.

Against Shadow's will, Aach-Ti forced the reaper into a chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.