Here Be Dragons

"Hm? Oh. Yeah. I can walk fine. I've had worse injuries than this," Triston says, chuckling and waving Lambi off. But as Lambi explains his past and what had happened with the village and how he didn't know his father, his smile fades slightly. "Gee. I . . . I'm sorry to hear that," he says softly. "You must miss him sometimes."

Then he freezes and stiffens, holding out an arm in front of Lambi to keep him from walking. An old, hoarse voice floats through the trees nearby. Someone's singing.

"Do you hear that?" Triston whispers, narrowing his eyes. He draws his sword and swallows. "G - go wake up the dragons. I'll try and get a better look," he adds, gently nudging Lambi's shoulder to urge him away from danger.

(oooh whose going to be singing 0.0)

Lambi was still worried about his leg though so he decided to keep an eye on him. "Alrighty, if you're sure but if it hurts we can always take a break," he smiled as they continued. At his thing about missing his dad he felt his own smile fade a little. "Well not really I guess? I mean you can't miss someone you never met," he sometimes wish he knew his father but at the same time he knew he was probably someone who killed dragons and he didn't want to know him. When Triston suddenly froze he stopped too, looking at the other confused.

And then he heard the singing, slowly he closed his book. "Y-uh yeah faintly..."he was a bit nervous, the other said no one else lived here," I'll go get them..." He held onto the book as he quietly ran back to their dragons on the beach. "L-Luna, Tide wake up!" his dragon woke up immediately as he shoved his book in his bag,"There's someone on the island we think...come on," he stayed walking as he lead the two back towards where Triston was.

(An OLD MAN :D )

Tide is awake at once, and when he realizes Triston isn't nearby, he roars in alarm and takes to the air to find him. He and the other pair reach Triston at about the same time.

As they approach, the boy turns around and holds a finger to his lips for quiet. Then he points toward a hole in the bushes they can peek through with a quizzical expression on his face.

Just beyond the foliage, an old man with a scraggly grey beard and an underbite is wandering through the forest. He's wearing old leather clothes and boots with a light suit of chain mail, and behind him, he's pulling what looks like a large wooden horse on wheels. He whistles cheerfully and occasionally stops to pat the horse on its muzzle as if it's real.

Triston grimaces and shrugs at Lambi. He has no idea if it's normal behavior or not.

(omg 😂 random old man be like who the hellllll)

Lambi tried to calm tide down but the dragon took off too quick. Using Luna he made it back to Triston pretty quickly, just as tide landed. He hopped off of her and gave her a signal to keep quiet while he walked over to him. Seeing the hole he moved close to the other so he could peek through. Immediately he saw the old man and felt confused on how to react. "Have you seen this man here before?" he whispered, Triston said he had been here a few times and didn't see anyone. The man didn't seem all too here and he was reluctant to go near him. But if he lives here he didn't know if they could start building here.

"I don't really get good feelings from this man..."he whispered looking at the other confused. Luna could sense that her rider was nervous and moved to stick close to him. Lambi didn't know what to do about the old man. He didn't see any signs of a house on the island when landing here so he wasn't sure where he came from.

((Hey have you ever seen Avatar the Last Airbender? :3 ))

Triston slowly shakes his head, swallowing. "N - no. Never. I don't even know if he's from this island." He pulls in a breath and sets his jaw. "But we've got to find out if he's harmful or not. Wait here."

He starts to walk through the bushes, but when Tide follows beside him he tries to push the dragon back in alarm. "Tide! No!" he whispers. "He might - "

"Well, hello there!" the man's raspy voice calls out.

Triston winces and slowly turned around. Tide has pushed him all the way out into the open, as well as walked out himself. ". . . see us," he finishes with a huff. He clears his throat and waves. "Afternoon! Uh, I can explain the - "

"No need, no need," the man says, waving a hand dismissively. He smiles warmly and heads over, pulling the wooden horse behind him. "What brings you to Dragon Aisle, eh?"

"Dragon . . . Aisle?" Triston echoes slowly.

"It's a working title," the man says with a chuckle. "Only found this place a few weeks ago. You're a dragon rider, aren't yeh?"

Triston nods numbly.

"Well! Then you're welcome here," the old man says. He extends a hand and nods. "Name's Capper. And this here - you'd assume it's a horse. Want to see what he really is?"

(the show? Yasss it was my fav show as a kid)

Lambi looked at the other clearly nervous about approaching this man. "How did he get here?! I don't seen any signs of any other dragons or else tide or Luna would sense them," he debated going back to find his mom. When Triston got pushed out unintentionally by tide he freaked out a little. "W-wait we don't know if he's friendly-" he watched in a panic as the old man started talking. He named the place? Lambi immediately pouted a little knowing the island was claimed already. Slowly he backed away quietly, Luna reluctantly following him as he hurried down to where the cavern was. His mom wouldn't be happy to find out there was another person here and he thought it best to tell her himself.

"M-mom there's an old man on the island," he called out and immediately Grim and her were back. As expected she didn't look happy as she started messing with Grim's saddle. "Triston's talking to him right now..."he mumbled watching as he mom hurried out of the cavern and he followed with. He knew she wouldn't want to be anywhere near another human, she was OK with Triston but even that was taking her awhile to warm up to. And she didn't want to be fighting over an island with anyone.

(*screams incoherently* I love that show! Anyway I'm kind of going for an Uncle Iroh vibe with Capper, with just a touch of Bumi ^^)

By the time Lambi returns with his mother, Triston looks much more at ease. He smiles and turns around with three baby dragons clambering over him. "Lambi! Look what Capper had in that horse!" he bursts out, his eyes glittering.

Then he spots Lambi's mom, and his smile drops off as he takes a step back. "D - don't worry. I think we can trust him. Tide must, otherwise he wouldn't have pushed me out here. And he wouldn't be doing that," he adds, pointing.

Tide has curled up around the open wooden horse and gone back to sleep - but this time, his tail is curled around Triston's leg so the boy won't sneak off on him.

Capper bows as he, too, spots Lambi's mother. "Well, bless my years," he says softly. "If it isn't Lady Bluebell. It's a happy surprise to see you alive."

Triston stares at Capper as one of the Deadly Nadder babies hangs off of his sleeve with its teeth. "You know her?"

"Aye! Well, I know of her," Capper explains. He gives a short whistle, and the baby dragons squeal and all return to sit on their nest inside the horse wagon. "She was the only one on our island who loved dragons. Was in the town square nearly every day talking about them. And then one day . . . she wasn't. I thought maybe someone had done her in. But she had convinced me, see, so I took to setting up my own sort of dragon hideout here, away from the village."

(Also it's not done yet but I'm making this for you :3 )

3A63AFC2-C37A-4C58-9CBD-2BB5EAA50093.jpeg
(I really enjoy our role-play and I hope this helps brighten your day a little ^^)

Last edited:
(omggg you're so good at drawing!! That definitely brightens my day thank you ❤️ ❤️)

(also poor lambis mom wanting to peace the fuck out)

Lambi was extremely reluctant as he walked back, nervous when he didn't hear Triston. But suddenly the other turned around and he was covered in baby deadly nadders. "Nadders?" he still stuck close by his mother looking to see what she did first. "Mom...what do you think?" he whispered to her, refusing to move away from her side. He trusted Triston but he was reluctant to trust another so quickly plus he trusted his mom's judgement. But she was a bit frozen especially when Capper called her Lady Bluebell, no one had called her that in years. "Y-you know my mom?" Lambi was equally as confused as Triston. Most people on the island cast her out of everything and didn't even mention her. As he explained he was from their village he was nervous but listened as he explained he left the village.

"They almost did me in, that's why I moved out of the village," she stated bluntly still shocked to see anyone from their village, "I moved into the old shepherds shack on the north side of the island." Once she had the dragons by her side the village was a bit forced to leave her alone. They probably would've fought more if they had known she was pregnant with Lambi and who his father was. But most people only saw him when he was older and thought she got pregnant by some traveling merchant. "I fear our village may never change their ways. They only abide by our truce because I threatened them,"Grim stood quietly behind his rider looking at the baby dragons with a what on earth are those face.

(Yay! ^^)

Capper sighs heavily. "Aye, I know. But so far they haven't found this island, and I intend to keep it that way." He ruffles one of the baby Nadder's head spikes, and the dragon chirps and closes its eyes, leaning into his hand. "So! You lot planning on moving in here?"

Triston pales and takes a step back, hugging Tide's muzzle. "Uh, I - well . . . we were going to turn this island into a dragon sanctuary."

"You don't say!" Capper says, his eyes sparkling in delight. He closes the wooden horse to give the babies some shade, and then waves his arm. "Follow me, then. There's something you ought to see."

He leads the group clear to the other end of the island. Triston is just about to ask where exactly they're going when Capper pushes aside a group of bushes. A small wooden hut is nestled in a group of trees. Nearby, there's a large cave, but the entrance is partially hidden by vines and plants.

"There are two cavern systems here?" Triston asks in shock.

Capper nods. "That one there leads to a group of caves underwater. It's all air in there, besides one or two that let out into the sea. Great for water dragons like your Tide Glider there." He beans and opens the wooden horse again, turning to face the group as the three baby Nadders climb up onto his arm. "Of course, I've only found these three dragons in trouble so far. But I'm ready for a few more. And if'n you'd all like to stay, I'd be happy to build onto my hut."

(you're so good at drawing! I'm jelly 😂)

Lambi wasn't sure how to react, his mom didn't immediately attack capper which was good. But she wasn't necessarily thrilled about another person either, it was alot to go from just having Lambi with her to suddenly 2 new people. At his question about if they were going to move here he glanced at his mom, able to tell she was unsure about it at the moment. He decided to let Triston answer since he didn't have a reply yet. "Yeah that was the plan..."he added when Triston said originally what they were going to do. When he told them to follow him the shorter male looked to his mom before slowly following behind Triston with Luna by his side.

As the bushes were pulled apart and he saw another hut he realized the man must've been here for awhile. He turned to say something to his mom but noticed she decided to hang back in the clearing. "A cavern under water?" he was curious, it would be something that water dragons would like. When he asked again then staying he glance to Triston before back the direction his mom was. "Still in the process of deciding that," he answered with a small laugh,"Mom's a tad unused to people, just been her and I for the past 18 years." Though his mom planned to stay at their old house on the old island anyway for the most part so he hopped it wouldn't be too bad adding another person into her social circle. Triston was easier to accept since Lambi and Tide vouched for him and didn't come from their village. She was reluctant about anyone from the village especially since no one knew much about Lambi and she wanted to keep it that way.

(i also had a busy friday and Saturday so my brain is still recovering 😂)

(No worries, friend! Take all the time you need to rest and recover ^^)

Triston's eyes go more wide than before at the offer. Not only has Capper been kind to him and Tide - which besides Lambi and Luna, is rare - but he's even offered him a place to stay. "You . . . you want us to live here?" he stammers at last. "But you've only known us a few minutes! Are you sure you - "

"I can tell you're all right," Capped says gently, petting the baby Nadder closest to his chin. "Dragons know people better than people, in some cases. Even baby ones. You all seem like a good lot."

Triston beams and exchanges a glance with Tide, who rumbles and bobs his head. Triston turns back to Capper and nods. "Then Tide and I would love to stay! Thank you. Wow, we haven't had a place since . . . since . . ." His voice grows quieter, and he rubs the back of his neck. "Let's just say it's been a while."

"You're more than welcome," Capper says brightly. "Now, I'm sure you all must've flown a long clip to get here. Would you all like something to eat?"

"Yeah," Triston bursts out at once.

Capper waves his arm and pulls the horse cart toward the hut. "Come on, then. I've got stew on the fire that's nearly done. Eh . . . where's Lady Bluebell and her dragon?"

Triston stiffens and glances around in alarm. He hadn't even noticed the pair was missing. "Um - Lambi? Luna? Have you seen them?" he asks hopefully.

(😂 I died for like most of Sunday oof I'm more alive today thankfully)

Lambi watch Triston's reaction to the offer which was understandably a happy one. He himself was surprised by the offer to let them live with him. Luna watched as tide nodded and then the pair agreed to the offer. She looked to Lambi and could tell her rider was a bit unsure. "Ahh...i think I'll have to ask my mom, I know she wanted to stay back on the island so she could make sure the villagers don't touch any dragons there," that was always going to be the plan. With his mom staying at their old house, he knew there was no way she would leave that village alone. As soon as they saw she was gone they would be right back to murdering dragons left and right. But as for where he would live...he wasn't really sure.

When Capper and Triston both noticed his mom wasn't with the group he fumbled a bit to explain. "Oh umm I think they stayed behind a bit, I'll go check," he turned around to head back the way they came, Luna following quickly after him. Once he was far enough he let out the sigh he had been holding and saw Luna look at him. "Don't look at me like that...you know it's going to be hard to get mom used to a second new person...we already pushed our luck with Triston and it's only been one day," the dragon let out a almost sigh sounding noise too as they continued back to try and find Grim and his mom.

(XD I hope you at least had fun!)

Triston and Tide exchange glances when Lambi and Luna run off to find Lady Bluebell and Grim. Finally Triston shuffles his weight and casts a sidelong glance at Capper and his Deadly Nadder triplets. "So, uh . . . should we wait here for them, or . . .?"

"Eh, my house is in view from here. They'll find us. I say we go ahead and prepare the stew for everyone. Then once they arrive, we can all start eating!" Capper says, nodding and turning to walk towards his hut.

"I like the sound of that," Triston says with a grin. He and Capper chat as they walk along, talking about where they've come from and how they each met their dragons.

Tide slithers alongside the pair. He half closes his eyes, more relaxed than he's been in a long time - mostly because Triston seems so relaxed. He's never seen Triston so calm.

It's not long before the group arrives at the hut. Tide curls up under a large canopy shelter - which is also big enough to fit Grim, Luna, and the triplets - while Triston heads inside to help pour stew into bowls and set out bread and water. Then Triston waits by the door and hangs against the frame, watching the forest for the first sign of Lambi and his family.

(😂 I did though I couldn't do much because my dad was supposed to come over the day after-long story-and didn't show)

Lambi was quiet as he made it back to the clearing where his mom was. He could tell she was still a bit unsure about everythinf. "He showed us another cavern but this one leads to underwater areas...might be cool for the water dragons," he suggested, though he wasn't confident on how she would react. It was alot to ask of his mom to get used to one person let alone two. He knew his mom well enough to know she didn't like people in general, except him.

"Hm. So Capper has a house set up here?" at her son's nod she sighed a little,"We should've seen it when flying in." Lambi shuffled his feet a little, not sure what to say since he knew she wasn't happy about another new person. "Seems like Triston is going to stay however, maybe it works out. You and I back home while they can live here,"Lambi looked a bit upset at the suggestion, he liked Triston the other was fun. But he knew he wouldn't see him as much if he had to stay back on the main island with his mom.

"Maybe I could stay and help them?" her slight glare made him immediately regret his suggestion,"Y-you know just help them get the island started...Luna will be with me I'll be fine." He knew there was no way she was going to allow him to stay here with the other two. Triston he could've maybe passed off but two new people, she wasn't going to allow her only kid to stay with them. He hoped he could explain it to Triston and tide...it did make him sad.

"You can come help them during the day. And then be back by night," he wanted to debate some more but she was already climbing onto Grim,"I'm heading home. We've been away too long anyhow the dragons will be missing us." With that she flew off, it wasn't hard to miss the massive silver phantom taking off heading back to their island. Luna huffed and Lambi glanced at her. "I know, I know...don't give me that look, how was I supposed to know the island already had an occupant?" he didn't feel like heading back to the other's yet so he just watched his mom and Grim leave for a bit,"We were already stretched thin convincing her to let me be around Triston. Then to have someone from our village of all places end up here? Might as well dig my own grave if I want to argue with her..." Luna wasn't happen with the turn of events either, pouting a bit as she avoided looking St her rider.

((Aww, I'm sorry to hear that ;~; ))

Time continues onward, and as the stew starts to get cold, Triston starts to worry. "They've sure been gone a long time," he murmurs. "I hope everything's okay."

"Why don't ye go check on them?" Capper suggests. "My dragons and I will keep the stew warm. And you know where to find us."

"Good idea," Triston says. "Thanks." He hurries over to his dragon and hops up onto his back, grabbing hold of some spines. "Up, Tide! Go find Lambi!" Tide rumbles, and Triston rolls his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. And Luna. Come on, let's go."

Tide takes to the air at once, calling out over the trees with a wavering roar. Thankfully, Lambi and Luna, haven't gone very far; he soon spots Luna and dives downward.

Without the saddle, Triston has a harder time than normal sticking the landing. Tide nests delicately in a pile of leaves. Triston slides off and hits the ground with a thud. But he quickly jumps to his feet, hurrying over to Lambi and Luna with a concerned expression. "Everything okay?" he asks. Then he glances around and pales. Lady Bluebell is nowhere to be seen. "Have you still not found your mother?"

(yeah it kind of pissed me off but I had a feeling he'd do it)

Lambi was still standing there just processing everything that happened. His mom wasn't happy with the sudden influx of new people and especially not about being reminded about the people from their village. He had hoped he would've been able to stay here with Triston on this island. But now that there was capper he knew it was extremely unlikly. Not that he could argue anymore anyways since she left

The pink haired boy was completely lost in thought he didn't even notice Triston and tide land. So when he spoke he jumped a little, turning to see the pair. "Oh yeah it's fine...she just um headed home," he admitted, wondering how long he stood there for the other to come and check on him. "She's not too happy about another new person...think two new people was asking a bit too much," it had been 18 yrs since she'd really spoken to another human other than him,"She's not really happy about me being on the island either...so she said I'm only allowed to come during the day, even that was stretching it." The shorter male was clearly a bit upset with all the changes. His mom was content when it was just tide and Triston, she trusted Lambi with them. But he had no clue they would find another person already living on the island. Lambi felt a bit upset that Triston told him it was abandoned but he knew there was no way he could be fully sure it was so he didn't want to be upset at him.

((Bummer :(

Triston sighs in relief, putting one hand over his chest. "So you did find her. Good." He listens to Lambi talk, and he pulls in a deep breath, dropping his gaze as he rubs the back of his neck. ". . . You know, maybe it's a good thing you're just here in the day. For now. I've been thinking . . ."

He scuffs his foot across the ground and bites his lower lip. ". . . If I didn't even know Capper was here, and he had a giant hut, just think of who else might be hiding on this island. There might be any kind of hunters or guards around here. Er - but don't tell your mom I said that. She'd murder me."

Tide chuffs a few times, laughing. Then he cranes his neck towards Capper's hut and takes a long, deep sniff. He grunts impatiently and tugs on Triston's elk cloak to get his attention.

"Right, dinner. Um - Lambi? Luna? You guys want to join us and Capper?" Triston offers, tossing his head towards the hut. "He made stew."

(yeah Def a bummer but I had a feeling it would happen. He's always been like that)

Lambi watched the other's gaze drop and he felt a bit guilty. He did like being around Triston so he hoped the other wasn't upset. But when he mentioned that he actually agreed with his mom he was a bit surprised. "That is true...the island is really big and the caverns seem to go on forever, there could be more people hidden away here," the thought made him a bit nervous,"I won't tell my mom that theory. Pretty sure I'd be banned from coming back here," he said with a quiet laugh.

Luna noticed tide sniffing the air and she followed suit, noticing the smell. Before Lambi could even discuss it the light fury was walking away. "U-uh well I guess that's a yes from us," he hurried to followed after his light fury although he was nervous. His mom raised him telling him never to trust anyone from their village, no matter what. The only reason he went to town to trade stuff was because she wasn't allowed. Other than that he wasn't allowed anywhere near the village and it's occupants. Luna could tell her rider was nervous as he was uncharacteristically quiet on the walk towards the food. Capper seemed nice but it was pretty much ingrained in him at this point not to trust anyone from their village. Although...he was a bit curious if capper might know who his father was.

When the group finally walks through the door of the hut, Capper turns with a wide smile. "Ah, ye've made it! Welcome back. The stew's still warm," he says. He sets out four bowls, and then pours the rest of the cauldron into a large trough.

Tide rumbles his thanks and heads straight for the trough, licking up the stew without a second thought.

"Thanks, Capper," Triston says with a grin. He flops into a chair and sighs heavily. "I am exhausted. Oh, and Lady Bluebell and Grim had to leave - dragons to attend to, and all."

"Of course," Capper says with a nod. He puts a cover on one of the bowls and holds it out to Lambi, smiling gently. "Why don't you take this back for her? She might want it later on."

Triston grabs a spoon and digs into his meal, sighing happily and closes his eyes. He's so engrossed in the meal that it takes him a few minutes to start talking again. "So Capper, have you seen anybody else on this island?"

"Not yet, thankfully," Capper says. "But then, I've only been here a short while. And I haven't explored the whole island yet. But as far as I can tell, it's mostly just wild dragons that pass through here. Why? You lads spot anything?"