Her Target[dunruffle x violet shadows]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the mention of the underworld, my eyebrows raise. Wow. I haven't heard that word in forever- the last time was probably when I was a little kid and playing games with my younger neighbors in the streets. We used to pretend that souls from the underworld were after us and if we weren't fast enough, they'd devour us and leave us heartless. A cold shiver rolls down my back and I shake it off.

At Dun's words, I remark, "An assassin, huh?" Funny. The guy I'm hired to kill is an assassin as well. Shaking my head, I dismiss the stray thought and at Dun's proposal, I nearly laugh. Sharply though, I keep it in my mouth and grin. "What, you think I can't protect myself? I happen to be very good at kicking ass." My voice comes out playful, but there's a severity in my expression.

I shrug "I dont mean to offend miss but if you are cornered by a gang in the sewers you are really going to wish you accepted my offer". I put on my cloak and begin to walk away, good luck on your quest. Be careful, this kingdom is not what it used to be.."

At Dun's mention of a gang, I stiffen, but roll my eyes. Dammit.

"Wait," I call, taking a few steps towards him as he heads towards the door. "I would hate it if I died and you didn't come with me- I know the guilt would just destroy you, so yeah, I guess you can come along."

I laugh "I guess if you insist miss Blair" I smile at you and bow "Dun at your service, I swear on my sword and on my honor that I will perish before letting any harm come to you". I recite the creed of the royal bodyguard easily. Having spent enough time with Sebastian to easily remember it. I straighten up "so what are your orders miss?"

"My orders?" I ask and shrug, glancing outside. The morning sun filters the streets and the vendors have started cramming into the marketplace, armed with their merchandise and tents. "Start looking for Nils," I guess. Abruptly, my stomach growls, filling the silence in the room. "Actually, let's get breakfast first. If you couldn't tell, I'm starving."

I nod "it shall be done" I give you a wink to let you know I am just teasing with you as I step out into the busy street. I turn and offer you my hand to help you across the street without incident. As we stroll through the market I look around discreetly. Keeping my eyes open for anyone who might recognize me.

I stroll alongside Dun, hands in my pockets. I ignore his hand as it stretches towards me to help. I almost laugh, almost snap a harsh response, but keep my mouth shut. As much as I hate to admit it, I can't lose him if he's helping me find Nils. The sooner I find this guy and kill him, the sooner I'll get paid by Sebastian and leave this hellhole of a city.

I lead you further into the market and down into the shadowy alleyways of the old section of the city. "the guards rarely come down here because it is so decrepit, also to any newcomer the streets are very confusing." I lead you down into the depths of the city until the sun is blocked out by the buildings towering over us. "word of the wise, do not stop to help anyone down here. Any sign of compassion and you instantly make yourself an easy target."

"Yeah, yeah, I know," I mutter as Dun tells me thing I'm already aware of. Do I look like someone that has no idea what she's doing or something? I've lived on these streets for a long time-too long, probably- and I'm pretty damn good at defending myself- or attacking people. Whatever comes first.

The darkness thickens around us and I walk with the same confidence I had when we were bathed in sunlight. My shoulders are back and chin high. My arrogance comes off of me in waves and the cold knife in my boot is reassuring.

We arrive at a solid steel door that is part of a large imposing building that towers over us. I knock on the door with the flat of my hand and wait. A peephole cover screeches open and we can see a pair of beady eyes examining us. After a moment the person grunts approval and opens the door for us. We quickly step inside and are greeted by a pungent smell and a wave of noise. "welcome to the black market Miss Blair.." I smile as I look out over the familiar building.

Status
Not open for further replies.