Her Target[dunruffle x violet shadows]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My eyebrows raise at the mention of Nils's name and I try to keep my expression neutral. I yearn to question Dun about Nils, but refrain from doing so. I don't want to seem too curious.

"So are you still working for the Prince? What's he like?" I ask the question to try and throw him off of my own trail. The last thing I need is to connect myself with Prince Sebastian while he's saying that he knows him as well.

My eyes scan Dun's face once more, hunting for some spark of recognition. I know there are at least one hundred guards, but I'm certain that I've never seen Dun among them. I know I could be dead wrong, but something tells me that Dun is lying about his job. What would he be doing in an abandoned apartment if he was a guard? Shouldn't he be with Sebastian?

I notice the expression at the mention of my name. so she knows of me...she at least could be a spy
I sigh "well some of the guards..including myself..thought it would be helpful to try to offer the prince our advice..boy were we mistaken. The prince calls us a bunch of meddling fools and immediatly strips us of our ranks and kicks us all out of the palace..now we are living off scraps and hiding in sewers.."
I feel actual emotional pain since the events I said are very similar to my real situation

"Sounds like a nice guy," I remark dryly. I cross my legs and angle myself towards Dun, biting down on my lip thoughtfully. The moonlight streaming in from the window throws itself against me, shading my face in a silver gleam. "Is he, Prince Sebastian, I mean? I mean, other than the firing you and all?" I'm surprised at how well I'm playing this dumb blond role. Pride fills my chest and I bite back a smile, batting my eyelashes a few times in Dun's direction.

I laugh in my mind as I see you trying to seduce me
I think about it for a minute "he used to be nice..he was fair and got along well with others..but ever since he got engaged to that girl he has been acting more and more paranoid and cruel every day"

Seeing Dun's disinterest in me, I suddenly feel dismayed. Guys in the past have always jumped at the opportunity of being with me, and seeing Dun's interest not only disappoints me, but makes me dislike him just a little bit more. Who could possibly say no to me?

Thoughtfully, I listen to him and nod along, deciding to keep up with the clueless act. "Yeah that's right- he did get engaged to that girl, what's her name-?"

I pretend to roam my mind for it, even though I know damn well who he is talking about. Clara Silvren. I met her once, she was very shy and whenever she's around when I have a meeting with Sebastian, she avoids my eyes. Maybe she's afraid of me. That makes sense. Sebastian did hire me to kill people, after all.

"clara..." It slips out of my mouth before I can stop myself
I look over at you and notice how your posture has changed
I sigh and and catch your gaze with mine "look Blair, I know you have been trying to get my attention and I am flattered. Its just that in the guard they train you to not be distracted by women in case they are trying to get to the prince. You are a beautiful young lady and if I was a different man I would jump at the chance to take you out to dinner...but right now I have problems that I need to deal with..I am sorry"
I actually am sorry because I dont like hurting women's feelings and it makes me feel guilty whenever a girl thinks I am snubbing her

I just shrug like I don't care. "It's not a big deal. There are always other men." Turning, I lean against the wall so both of my shoulder blades are touching the hard plaster. I bring my knees to my chest and prop my arms on them.

Backtracking, I fix my eyes on my hands and nod. "Yeah. Clara. That was her name. So was she a bitch or something? Do you think she's why Sebastian changed so much?"

I shrug "I honestly dont know why prince Sebastian changed...he used to be a good man"
I look over at you and notice how lightly clothed you are. "here" I take off my cloak and drape it over you. "That should keep you warm for the night"
I sit back in my chair and listen to the rain falling outside.

"Oh," I say with surprise, hesitantly tightening the coat around me. "Thanks." Dun's warmth emanates from it and I'm comforted. The silence that ensues lulls me to sleep in a few minutes and unconsciously I rest my head against Dun's shoulder. Even as I sleep, I don't feel the loneliness I usually find in my dreams.

I smile as I feel you lean against me "sleep well" I lean my head against the wall and drift off to sleep as well

A sharp blade of morning light awakens me and feeling Dun's shoulder against my cheek, I jerk away. Yawning, I rub my eyes and look around the room, trying to find the memories of last night. Slowly, they come to me.

Shit.

Sebastian's expecting that I have Nils by now. A familiar feeling of unease settles in my bones and I groan, rubbing my temples. He's going to kill me.

I wake up and yawn "oh..good morning Blair..."
I see the troubled look on your face. "is everything alright?"

"Yeah," I mutter, shaking my head. "I just have a work thing-" Sharply, I stop myself and just shrug my shoulders instead of continuing. There's no way in hell I'm telling him that I'm an assassin. I stand up and stretch before telling Dun, "I guess I should be heading out soon."

I stand up and clear my throat
"hey Blair..you are looking for this Nils guy right?"

My head snaps to Dun and I narrow my eyes. An eyebrow raises with curiosity. "How do you know that?"

I shrug "you are asking a lot about him, indirectly. As a bodyguard for the prince I spent enough time around politicians to pick up on when people want to know something"
I look at you "I will make you a deal, I will help you find Nils. He is the whole reason why I was kicked out of the guard. I want answers"

A slight smile touches my lips and I relax slightly. "Yeah? You'll help me?" I nod at Dun and smile appreciatively. "Thank you." I take a few steps closer to him and throw my leather jacket over my shoulders and shove my hands into my pockets. "Tell me everything you know about him," I say, my eyes bright with enthusiasm.

I smile "alright, this guy Nils, full name Nils Maupin. Dont know much about his past but he made quite a name for himself in the legion's scouts. You name a battle and he was there days before hand gathering intel and assassinating targets. His nickname was the Specter. He is one slippery and crafty bastard. He personally saved the prince's life on several occasions. Thats how he became so close to him. When the prince returned to the kingdom he took Nils as his personal adviser..Thats all I know unfortunately.."
I look you in the eyes "are you sure you want to go after this man? He is very dangerous and always fights dirty"

Listening to Dun and straightening when he mentions Sebastian, confusion washes over me. Nils saved Sebastian's life, yet the Prince still wants him dead? And then Nils was his personal adviser-? The two sounded like they were pretty close and I can't help wonder what could've happened between the two.

Nodding with a grin on my face, I say, "Yeah, I do. I just wanted to ask him a couple of questions." I shrug and brush my hands on my jeans. "Do you know were I could find him?"

I shrug and decide to throw in a little deception. "word has it that he went to ground and is planning on joining the underworld to offer his services as an assassin for hire.." I am suspicious of your answer because nobody simply wants to talk to someone who has disappeared unless its for a very important reason. I don't know much about the local underworld so I am afraid I wont be of much help on that front."

I make a show of looking you over "no offense but if you are planning on finding Nils you are going to have to deal with some dangerous people..I was thinking maybe I could go with you and offer my services as a protector. Nobody has any real use of a former bodyguard like me so I figure I might as well do what I am best at.."

Status
Not open for further replies.