Henry: Iwaku Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, on the Guild, everyone said they wanted to throw this girl out a window or something.

I was not expecting everyone to be attracted to her, here.

Reactions: Ashi
Ok, on the Guild, everyone said they wanted to throw this girl out a window or something.

I was not expecting everyone to be attracted to her, here.
The Guild wasn't always the nicest place though to be fair.

While on Iwaku? Well you don't make over a dozen new friends in the first week without the site being at least somewhat nice and welcoming.

She's also sort of a conspiracy nut who thinks that the government will put her on some sort of "list" if she acts even slightly outside the norm. It only just recently occurred to me that it's probably a little too late to be concerned about that -- yet she still uses that as an excuse to never put anything even the slightest bit unusual about herself on the internet.
So... you have this roommate who tells you deeply personal things about her fears, and you do the exact opposite of what she would actually want in order to "entertain" the masses? How do you think it would make her feel if she ever saw this thread? Do you think she'd be okay with your putting information about her personality and behavior on the internet without her consent, even if you're not using her real name? Do you think she wants to exist to entertain strangers or to have people talk about her like she's someone to be mocked? Sounds to me like she probably wouldn't. It kind of seems to me like your intent was to either make fun of her or to gain sympathy for how "annoying" it is to be forced to live with her or maybe both. Either way, you're coming across as kind of a jerk. I wouldn't want a friend (because someone who tells you so many personal things probably considers you as one) or a roommate who spilled my secrets to strangers, who went against my beliefs for mere entertainment. I definitely wouldn't want to associate with someone who had a habit of making fun of me and trash talking me behind my back everywhere (s)he went.

If you don't like to be around her, I recommend trying to get a different dorm or a different roommate. Regardless, I suggest you start treating her with more respect and start treating her like a person instead of an object that exists for your amusement.

My name is Henry and this... interesting thread caught my attention.

I never knew the name 'Henry' was feminine, though.

So... you have this roommate who tells you deeply personal things about her fears, and you do the exact opposite of what she would actually want in order to "entertain" the masses? How do you think it would make her feel if she ever saw this thread? Do you think she'd be okay with your putting information about her personality and behavior on the internet without her consent, even if you're not using her real name? Do you think she wants to exist to entertain strangers or to have people talk about her like she's someone to be mocked? Sounds to me like she probably wouldn't. It kind of seems to me like your intent was to either make fun of her or to gain sympathy for how "annoying" it is to be forced to live with her or maybe both. Either way, you're coming across as kind of a jerk. I wouldn't want a friend (because someone who tells you so many personal things probably considers you as one) or a roommate who spilled my secrets to strangers, who went against my beliefs for mere entertainment. I definitely wouldn't want to associate with someone who had a habit of making fun of me and trash talking me behind my back everywhere (s)he went.

If you don't like to be around her, I recommend trying to get a different dorm or a different roommate. Regardless, I suggest you start treating her with more respect and start treating her like a person instead of an object that exists for your amusement.

She already knows that I talk about her online. So long as I'm not using her real name, she doesn't mind that much.

Besides, I don't really hate her. She's ridiculous and I like telling stories about her because she's just so strange and it feels like a waste to not be able to share such things. :P We sort of have a weird love-hate relationship and I kind of like rooming with her.

Edit: I appreciate your concern, but we really are a lot closer than I made it sound on the OP.

dude she sounds like the main heroine from that anime chuunibyo

does she also got dat ass?

*Henry being compared to anime girls*

Wait... you guys aren't turning her into a waifu or something, right? o.O

My name is Henry and this... interesting thread caught my attention.

I never knew the name 'Henry' was feminine, though.
ditto all of this

Kaga, you should make a webcomic based on your and Henry's adventures.

Welp, can she pay the bills?

Idk... It sounds like she takes drugs. And that could be an issue down the road if you're still living with her.

Not to mention a cockblock for the dating life...

This feels like a gossip mill.

I missed reading about Henry's adventures on the Guild, so glad this is back :D

Status
Not open for further replies.