Henry: Iwaku Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm totally hoping somebody with some artistic talent could give the webcomic a try. It'd be hit.

I approve of this idea.

But yeah, she might hate drugs, but that might just way of keeping her closet (ehehe) locked. Or, you know, weed is natural, yeah....so is peyote, and ergot....and DMT's got no side-effects, although if she were tripping on that, she'd probably be unresponsive or something.

If she was on something, she'd never be able to remember where she stashed any of it. She loses her phone like every five minutes. She apparently lost her glasses and still can't find them...

Anywho, she has decided that the closet is a "really cool place to hang out". She also thinks it's weird that I've never slept in a closet before.

YEAH, OK. I'M WEIRD.

So I told Henry that some people on the internet think that she isn't real and I'm just making the whole thing up. (Not sure if that happened on this thread yet but I feel like it was mentioned on the Guild at some point.) She was very shocked to hear this, apparently.

Henry: Why would anyone think I'm weird?! I'm not that much different from your average bear.
Me: She said as she climbed back inside her closet...

Reactions: LunaValentine
So I told Henry that some people on the internet think that she isn't real and I'm just making the whole thing up. (Not sure if that happened on this thread yet but I feel like it was mentioned on the Guild at some point.) She was very shocked to hear this, apparently.

Henry: Why would anyone think I'm weird?! I'm not that much different from your average bear.
Me: She said as she climbed back inside her closet...

from the average bear? so shes yogi?

I feel if bears had a civilization and society, they would sleep in some sort of closet.

Why not?

A closet is rather cave-like but I can't imagine a dorm room closet would be at all comfortable. My closet is hardly big enough for one person to stand in, though I suppose the floor was clear and you were a small person you could make it work. If I was a tiny closet-dwelling person I'd opt for the top shelf.

A closet is rather cave-like but I can't imagine a dorm room closet would be at all comfortable. My closet is hardly big enough for one person to stand in, though I suppose the floor was clear and you were a small person you could make it work. If I was a tiny closet-dwelling person I'd opt for the top shelf.

Oh, yeah, these closets are small. And, I mean, Henry's kind of small, but, the floor isn't clear, either, so... I dunno. I think last night she said she was uncomfortable (so I told her, again, that she should just sleep on the bed...) but now she's saying she's grown fond of it, so, I dunno.

Yo, are you saying androgynity ain't hot as shit?

You go Henry-gurl, don't let "shallow as a puddle Kaga" and sanity hold you down.

But there are 2 kinds of androgynous people. You have your beautiful, generic human whom everyone says ought to be a model and then there's your slightly-pubescent-less-attractive-can't-quite-decide-whether-or-not-it-might-be-an-alien person.

That sounds horrendously harsh, uncalled for and shallow of a description. Not to mention androgynity can take many shapes and appearences in style

:I With you, I never know if its Sarcasm or not.

Truly insane people are never the one's to admit they are insane. :P

I mean I'm insane, but I can admit it.
So I'm not truly insane.
Would probably receive bad ratings. A show completely about someone as out of their mind as this wouldn't be very appealing....this Henry character sounds too unnatural to make good stories with. No regular tv audience would think this were real. Even I don't, however much I know this is...
I would honestly expect the main concern to be sensitive mothers crying about the show going "It's making fun of mental illness! There's nothing funny about mental illness! Waaaah!".

Well, Making fun of mental illnesses done wrong is tacky and shitty and would deserve the criticism it'd be getting. I am sure we both know someone who is rather tired of people missrepresenting certein mental states as it were.

I might be wrong here, But she might be desperate for attention this Henry...

Well, Making fun of mental illnesses done wrong is tacky and shitty and would deserve the criticism it'd be getting. I am sure we both know someone who is rather tired of people missrepresenting certein mental states as it were.
I know. But then there's actual mental disorders.
But then cases like Henry, where she's apparently seen doctors but hasn't been diagnosed with anything.

Yet so many people are convinced there has to be something she has.

Oh well yes. There are plenty of strange, non deranged people in the world. Some people just want to badly to be different from others.

I know.

But my point is some parents might look at a show of Henry, and grow paranoid that it's "Teasing mental illness", even if it isn't.

A webcomic though? That's where your audience changes from cable reliant households to constant internet users, huge audience change, one not as easily offended by such things.

That sounds horrendously harsh, uncalled for and shallow of a description. Not to mention androgynity can take many shapes and appearences in style

:I With you, I never know if its Sarcasm or not.
Well I don't think it's all that terrible seeing as I used to be the latter, so the joke is kind of at my expense. Of course there are lots of different types of androgyny that swing between both extremes or even fall outside of them, I wasn't trying to be mean or disrespectful.

Rule of thumb: if you're not sure whether or not I'm serious I'm probably not being serious, I'm probably being the antithesis of serious. Seriously.

I might be wrong here, But she might be desperate for attention this Henry...

She is insanely shy, though. If someone merely tries to be friendly to her, she has a tendency to interpret that friendliness as creepiness and assume that anyone who gets close to her (especially men) are just planning to do horrible things to her. I'm pretty sure the only reason she and I are so close is because we were kind of forced to live together. If we weren't roommates, she probably would've never tried to get to know me.

There's no way this is attention-seeking.

Status
Not open for further replies.