Help testing an awesome Minecraft server

Status
Not open for further replies.
The word is that the new version, 1.8, will be launching tomorrow (or today, for those of you not in the Americas). The server currently does not support 1.8, however, so here's what you can do:

Note: If you already know this information, disregard the entirity of this post. Don't tell me you already know, as this is for people like me who've never dealt with an update before. I know there's a few of us lurking around these parts :)

How to play a previous version of Minecraft:

1. Start the Minecraft Launcher.
  2. You can elect to create a new profile (call it something like "Old Minecraft Version") or edit your main profile. The steps are the same from here.
  3. Upon clicking "New Profile" or "Edit Profile," you'll be greeted with a configuration screen. A little more than two-thirds of the way down the new window, you will see "Use Version" and a drop-down menu. From that list, you should select 1.7.10.
  4. Click "Save Profile" and launch.
  5. Click "Play" and continue to immerse yourself in the world of Iwaku Minecraft!

Since we're still testing the server, it's probably a good thing we've run into this issue *during* testing instead of after, so we all know what to expect, as well as knowing how quickly the issue can be resolved -- whether it be by way of a small patch, or a new release of the server software.

---

As for the question of whether we're still actually testing, the answer is yes. However, it's partly due to some real-life things that have come up. Real life, after all, should be addressed before anything else, right? If nothing else, it's given many of us an opportunity to decide what we're going to do, and how we're going to do it, when we go live.

As a note, about a month ago, both water and lava buckets were disabled on the server.

Jared has re-enabled those for people who are not guest users on the Minecraft server.

If you are having problems using these items, let a member of staff on the server know (denoted by the [Staff] name prefix) for help or to report the bug.

i slapped a fancy HD shader on and decided to share some pics of the server as a sort of trial run. If you guys like it I can take pictures of all the awesome features/creations in the server
KHAmRjj.png
tnmP6gv.png

47flydc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.