Status
Not open for further replies.

jared555

Hostman / BOFH
Original poster
SERVER TECHNICIAN
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Everyone's favorite troll server admin needs your help!

I am working on setting up a minecraft server for Iwaku members and need people to play around on a test server. Keep in mind that if you do help almost everything on the server is going to be deleted when the final server is set up. I would love coherent suggestions, bug notices, etc.

Right now my plan is for a relatively stock PvE server with PvP arenas. Other servers with more customization may be added at a later date.

Specific things that I need:
  • Getting as many people on the server as possible to see if it starts lagging.
  • Seeing if you can find ways around world protections. PLEASE limit this to the spawn 'camp' and the roads.
  • Looking for commands you shouldn't have access to and also commands that you think you should have access to. (Ex: /list was blocked for some reason)
  • Looking for anything weird in how the world functions. Mob block damage IS disabled so that is intentional.
Things to keep in mind before making comments/complaints:
  • Remember, EVERYTHING WILL BE DELETED AT THE END OF THE TEST PERIOD
  • Spawn, arenas, roads etc. will hopefully be a lot nicer than the current setup.
Rules:
  • Don't be a jerk
  • All Iwaku rules apply.
  • No griefing (other than specifically mentioned exceptions above)
  • No cheats
  • No hacked clients
  • Keep chat PG-13
  • If you find an exploit. Tell me in a convo.
Please keep all discussion about this in this thread and conversations with me. I am currently the only one capable of fixing/changing things. If you ask me nicely I will add a suffix to your name which will show your Iwaku username whenever you talk.

Now for the server info:
Address: iwakuroleplay.com
Port: Default

Thanks for reading this and extra thanks if you help out!

You should probably tell us what version you're using....Just sayin. Just so people know, it's 1.7.9

Last edited:
Sorry about that. 1.7.9 and 1.7.10 should both connect. I have been running my client on 1.7.10 without issue. They only added the realms system so they didn't break custom servers.

I would love to help... Though not sure if I'll be that good at it...

Why not make it an RP server? Or a second server for people who want to RP. If necessary I could help with that, though I failed miserably every time I tried to set up the proper permissions.

• Love
Reactions: IceChateau777
I would love to help... Though not sure if I'll be that good at it...

Just hanging out and playing is actually of help. You don't have to be good at building or anything. The more people the more load the server is under and I want to make sure there will be 0 issues of it interfering with the websites on the server (including Iwaku's).

Why not make it an RP server? Or a second server for people who want to RP. If necessary I could help with that, though I failed miserably every time I tried to set up the proper permissions.

I actually hope to eventually do both a creative and RP server both as time goes on. This is actually my first time running a minecraft server in a very long time so I want to see what resource usage looks like before I add a server with a ton of mods.

An rp server sounds like a good idea, for one it adds another medium for which to rp through. That or I might just be biased since I got my start through minecraft rp.

Yeah, and RP server would be cool. Although it would need a little extra effort to set up ;)

Hmm. I think my first RP was a pokemon Gijinka one :D Or at least the first I remember was. I had a period of about 2 months of just enjoying making characters. I didn't start RPing them for a while. Time to check the server then!

Yeah, and RP server would be cool. Although it would need a little extra effort to set up ;)
If we all pool in ideas it'll take no time at all :D The hardest part would be setting up the permissions. I love MC RP servers, and It'll be great if its one filled with seasoned RPers rather than the amatuers you normally find.

Reactions: Cassette
If we all pool in ideas it'll take no time at all :D The hardest part would be setting up the permissions. I love MC RP servers, and It'll be great if its one filled with seasoned RPers rather than the amatuers you normally find.
21500000703_Product.ashx

We may be seasoned, but some of aren't very mature... ;)

21500000703_Product.ashx

We may be seasoned, but some of aren't very mature... ;)
Hehe who said anything about maturity? Some of the best RPers I know are really childish :D

Reactions: Cassette
Just as long as everyone is well seasoned I'm up for helping out. Now I'm hungry.

Me too. Except I cba doing anything about finding food.

I'd be interested in helping you, as well!

ill join if someone explains how :D

Hrm, do you suppose it should have a texture pack that can be prompted for players to use on joining?

Status
Not open for further replies.