Heaven's Descent

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
She bites her lower cheeks contemplating. Slowly walking small steps towards him after standing up. She really did want to be able to have a good night's sleep. She's been so paranoid that if it weren't necessary to rest for her health- she'd spent the luxury of suffering insomnia. She sat down beside him, playing with her fingers in her lap. "You're sure you don't mind right?' she shyly looks up at him. "I-I'll take your offer then." Nervously, she moves her head closer to his lap until she's finally lying down.

Tatiana thinks she might be too nervous to be able to sleep but once she's laid down. She felt all warm and fuzzy. He made her feel relaxed and she entrusted her entire body to him. The last she's seen before she entirely closed her eyes was Prince coming closer before he laid beside her. She puts her arm around him, nuzzling his fur- drifting to deep sleep after a long time.

Her chest rises up and down as she's completely fallen asleep. Tia moves her body around trying to become more comfortable as she didn't really enjoy fur getting into her mouth as she slept. Unknowingly, she wraps her arm around his waist- moving closer and closer to his chest. She had placed herself in a precocious situation, her lips opened slightly as she breathes in and out.

• Love
Reactions: Sylvinar Cross
Daedalus patted his lap yet again reassuringly. "Lay down your head.. I shall watch over you as you sleep.. I truly do not mind Tatiana." Daedalus Exclaimed as he started to brush her hair out of her face when she laid down. Seeing how at peace she appeared Daedalus wrapped his wings around her protectively as the way she moved it forced him to lay on his back.

Tatiana had forced Daedalus to lay down in the meadow with her and Prince. As he lay there he continued to wrap his wings around Tatiana to keep her warm and safe from the wind and any danger. The way he had his wings wrapped around her made Tatiana feel like she was wrapped in a blanket of silk and clouds.

Daedalus smiled and closed his eyes to listen to the world around him. Daedalus never needed sleep so he merely closed his eyes to listen more intently to the world around himself.

• Love
Reactions: euphoria
Tatiana's lips curl into a smile as tightens her grip around him. Her soft breathing could be heard. Time was peacefully passed by like this.

She woke up by the light of dawn. She felt so warm and comfortable, she fears that something would break if she moved too much. Her green eyes slowly move around, trying to take in her surroundings. She had woken up, but she hadn't truly woken up in essence as she was still dazed.

"Mmnn." she lets out a soft moan as she buries her face in his chest. Dazed, she looks at her current position. Somehow they've become an entangled body of limbs, while she was still blanket by the wings she had grown so attached to in a short period of time. Prince disappeared. He might have woken up earlier and started wondering, or scavenging food for him to eat or back to the river to drink.

Her eyes trail back upwards. She didn't feel any embarrassment as she wasn't in the right state of mind yet. The man truly looked like he didn't belong in this realm. His muscles were lean and wonderfully sculpted. It was simply enticing for her to touch. Her gaze moves up to his face. She wasn't poetic enough to be able to describe, she could only describe him as utter perfection. She had never met a man who could make her feel this way.

Tia couldn't believe he was real and so close for her to touch. Touching him like this felt like she was committing an honest to goodness sin that she wouldn't mind committing again and again. She randomly traces patterns on his chest as she greedily takes her fill in looking his face. His supple pink lips as though longing to be kissed. She can't believe she kissed him yesterday.

Daedalus looked down at Tatiana as he stated into her eyes with his golden hues. "I see you have finally awoken. Did you sleep well? It is a wonderfully warm and sunny day." Daedalus exclaimed as he held onto her as he sat up slowly and kept his wings wrapped around Tatiana.

His smile was so sweet yet it seemed to be filled with sorrow at the same time. She couldn't tell since it was dark last night but his eyes and expressions were always filled with a pained and sorrowful darkness hidden behind them under the surface of his kind and sweet smiles and eyes.

The pain he showed below the surface was most likely a product of being alone for so long, or for the fact that he had seen all of humanity die out except for Tatiana's life.

"G- Good Morning." her voice was a hoarse, a bit thirsty. At his mention, she looked up in the sky. It was bright and sunny but not to the point of being harmful to the skin.

She frowned slightly seeing his expression. "Are you alright?' she asks him, leaning her body to his. "Is something wrong?" Tatiana searches his face and looks around his body, trying to search for some clue to what might be the reason that made him feel that way. Was he hurt? Did he get injured somewhere? But when she had openly gawked at his body, she hadn't seen any scar nor injury.

It pulled on her heartstrings to see if him to feel this way. If she could she wanted to do something to help.

Prince barked signalling his return. He seemed unusually tense. "What is it boy?" she asks him. He barked twice as he runs around in place, nuzzling his nose to her face before looking at the direction that he originally came from. She blinked twice before fixing her hair. "I think we should leave soon." she tells Daedalus. She wanted to talk more but she needed to prioritize her life, otherwise they're wouldn't be any talking, She reached for the car keys in her pocket. Learning her lesson, she kept a knife in her bucket and in her back pocket she kept her gun. It was slightly uncomfortable when she slept but she didn't noticed when she slept. It simply felt that comfortable.

"I am alright Miss Tatiana, there is no cause for you to alarm yourself with me." Daedalus exclaimed as he pulled away and stood up stretching his wings out to loosen them up to fly. "I agree, it's faint but I sense some malevolent creatures near, but do not fret.. As long as I am near I will keep you and your pet in good health." Daedalus started to scan the horizon.

His nature seemed so calm and laid back on top of being gentle and sweet. Daedalus reached down and pet Prince to calm him. It was astonishing as when he pet Prince, it seemed like Prince instantaneously became calmed down and relaxed.

"Okay." Tia nods resolutely, as she watches him interact with Prince. She didn't even question on how he read her thoughts or how he was able to tell that the cannibals were approaching. Before he could make any attempt to fly, she tugs on his waist of his pants worriedly. "You'll stay nearby, right?" It's been so long since she last talked to a person, even if he was an angel. She didn't want him to go away. Her lips quivered, his presence made her feel that she wasn't so alone in this world. She didn't want to admit to it but she felt really relaxed and comfortable in his embrace last night.

It reminded of her foster father. Even if he wasn't her real father, she was a complete daddy's girl. When he had become infected with the radiation- tears prickled her eyes.

She didn't want to experience it again. She didn't know what but she was wanting something from him. But she didn't want to force him, despite his promises. The only thing she believed was constant was that to be change. She didn't want to force Prince to suffer with her, he was smart. If worst could happened, he could survive on his own. But at the same time, a dog's life could only be so long. If they did manage to survive for so long, one day he would still live her and she'd truly be alone in this world.

Tatiana swallowed the sob threatened to leave her throat. "I understand." she calls out for Prince. "Let's go." she moves quickly and cautiously back to the car. She checks to see if everything was the same when she left it before entering the shotgun seat for Prince to enter before closing it and going to her seat. Tia starts the car, and glances over the map, placed in front of the seat, Prince was sitting in. "Just a bit more and we can find the shore holding a small yacht of dads." she tells Prince. She prayed there wasn't any cannibals at sea.

"I shall be right behind you Miss Tatiana, do not fear. As I have promised I will keep you safe." Daedalus said to Tatiana as he followed after her to the car and stood outside of it. Before anything else could be said Daedalus took flight and flew above the car.

He waited for Tatiana to take off on the road so he could fly after her and watch over her from the skies. Daedalus was going to keep an eye out for any cannibals or zombies. Though he had hardly known her he made it his purpose to keep her safe from harm.

She lowered the glass window to check on him. True to his word, he was there. Seeing the majestic sight laid in front of her made her release her breath that she was unconsciously holding. The only problem was that in heading to the shed where it held the yacht was that they needed to reach to a port. It meant encountering people- she shakes her head. Tatiana needed to stop thinking they were people. They were already akin to monsters. Her hands stared trembling as she tightens her grip on the wheel. She had the experience of killing their kind though, most of the time they were accidental. She was purely moving in instinct and adrenaline in order to survive. When she finally regains her wits, the body was already in a pool of blood.

She takes a deep breath before the look in her face changes to something more mature and resolute. Tia stepped on it, and left the place to the dusts. She inputted the place to the GPS. It was around a 50 kilometer drive. There wasn't any choice since she was using the long way which wasn't often used. It was like entering a vast empty dessert, barren and empty. It comforted the female. It meant there was an unlikely chance of meeting a cannibal.

Taking deep gulps of water as she drove. She observed her surroundings. Besides the long road stretched in front of her, it was rather empty. There was a few occasional glimpses of patches of green and trees but otherwise empty.

It was really a good thing that her foster father liked to be prepared. Among the special survival kit he gave her was a multi-purpose card and key that would allow her access and use to their various estates and commodities, with a map showing their various resources. There was a black card and bills of different currency but in their time, money was no longer an issue. She wasn't sure if it would be the same for other countries but she wished they could truly still be saved. A phone used in emergencies, she saw one like it in movies- it seemed to be those use by the military but she didn't know how to use it. There was a various list of contacts though. That was the only things she checked in the kit so far. There was still a various of items that she still hadn't explored the rest since she didn't have the time.

Tatiana singled out the key because it was part of her father's plan. To sail out to sea, find help or go to their private island. Whatever was possible to go first. She had only learned how to sail on her father's whim when they took a vacation in the sea. He had told her that he didn't want to be the only one responsible for steering the yacht and you'd never know what would happened in the sea. He had already allowed her to take lessons in flying a plane, why couldn't she learn how to steer a boat as well? He scolded her. So reluctantly she took his spartan lessons. Out of the things she learned, she didn't expect it was going to be useful.

She was truly lucky of her adventurous spirit and that she was adopted by her foster father, who indulged her. Maybe they shared the same spirit of wanting to be careful, because it felt like he was preparing her. Tatiana's greatest worry was that she felt like her life was always at risk, she confided it to her father and even with bodyguards- she felt insecure. She wondered if it had something to do with the memories she didn't remember. Her memories reaches until her age of ten, and according to the orphanage- her appearance was completely horrendous when she entered. Acting like an injured wild animal but she had no recall of those.

Last edited:
Daedalus flew over head of the car and landed down on the docks at the yacht port. He looked around and took care of any of the remaining cannibals in the area. Daedalus made sure they were all gone before he went to Tatiana.

"It is safe now.. I took care of the immediate danger in the area. We can go now Miss Tatiana." Daedalus smiled at her as he seemed a bit tired out from using his powers on the cannibals.

Tatiana parked the car in a secluded hidden spot. She didn't dare go so close fearing that she would attract the attention of the cannibals with the sound of the engine.

She was confused at his words. What did he mean? Did he do something? She opens the car door and gets down to look at him. He seemed a bit tired, she reaches out to him- trying to help him steady himself. "Are you okay?" she prioritized his well being instead. If he did what he did a few weeks ago- it meant that the cannibals were gone. It made her feel touched, warm and happy that he helped her get rid of the cannibals because they terrified her. It terrified her of the possibility of becoming their next meal.

She looks at the distance. The yacht was just a few distance over. She just needed to load up the rest of her stuff in the yacht. They had a warehouse nearby as well. Most likely the one facing directly the yacht. If the yacht lacked any of bare necessities she could check the warehouse. "I'll fix my stuff." she tells him before entering back inside the car. She picks up what she deemed necessary before stuffing it inside her bag. "Here, prince." she handed some of the stuff that he could carry to help.

Once she's done. She carries her backpack, and opens the door on Prince's side. his tail wagging. He runs ahead to the yacht, sniffling the air knowing that it was perfectly safe. "Let's go check it out." she tells Daedalus. She checks inside. It was a similar model to what she's driven before, it actually looked newer but still luxurious. As expected of her father. The interior inside was like a room back home. A living room, bed room, kitchen rolled into one. Of course there was a bathroom as well. She checked the cupboards and cabinets. There was food, emergency kit, water. "Hopefully they aren't expired." she mumbled, checking the dates.

Daedalus nodded his head in affirmation of her question. "I'm fine, I took out all of the cannibals in the area. It just tires me out when I use my powers to much.. When I do I'm technically drawing power from my grace, which drains my energy.." Daedalus said to her as he followed her around the area to look around with her.

"What is it we are searching for may I ask?" Daedalus asked her as he looked around the warehouse with her. He didn't know what to look for and he wanted to be sure he got what she needed even though he didn't need anything himself.

"My dad. He's kind.." she ponders deeply about it as she tries to think about it. "-eccentric. He may have traveled her from time to time. He probably didn't want to attrack attention which is why despite looking like a vacation house inside, he designed it to look like a warehouse as not to attract a lot of attention." she explained to him. Though the yacht would probably attract attention by itself though. She internally face palm.

"There's food here. We don't know how long we'll be at sea, so I guess it's best to bring extra." she looked around the drawers and found garbage bags for her to use to stuff it in. It was much easier to simply put in there than carry it in her hands and go back But there was a sensation underneath her stomach that been tingling for awhile. Tatiana had been trying to ignore it but now that they were alone and far from danger.

She plays with her hair, and looks at him expectantly. "Um. This is kind of embarrassing to say this." Her cheeks flushed, as she purses her lips.

"I-I need to go to the comfort room! I'll be back in a bit!" the embarrassment made her voice speak louder and she runs away before she could hear his reply.

"I see.. So this was your father's place.. It certainly looks nice in here, despite it being a warehouse on the exterior." Daedalus said to Tatiana as he stood there and waited for her to come back. He didn't mind she needed to use the restroom. It was a normal occurrence do humans.

"I'll be here when you get back." Daedalus said as he looked around the luxurious looking warehouse with Prince in tow. Since he took care of all the cannibals he knew that Tatiana was safe going alone.

She came back feeling pleased. She had been holding it for a while.

"Okay. Let's start fixing up!" she tells them as they started to prepare what was necessary for their ride on the boat. It had already been dark out without her noticing. There was a least six garbage bags filled with different food and miscellaneous stuff that she decided they needed. They had already carried some of them inside the yacht. Tatiana explored the yacht and it's engine and mechanisms. She was certain she was able to drive it's engine. They had fuel, and extra fuel inside. Certainly inside the yacht, everything was there already to at least last a month.

She entered back inside the warehouse. "It's too dark out. I don't think it's a good idea to sail out to sea at night time." she voices out her concerns. There was a bed and kitchen. Tia felt kind of happy at the prospect of getting to eat warm food again and not dried meat or canned goods. "Do you think they'll come back before early dawn tomorrow?" she asks Daedalus. They, meant the cannibals. They'll just rest for now and early tomorrow, they'll sail out to sea after bringing all their stuff to the boat.

Daedalus shook his head as he looked at Tatiana. "I don't think that we'll see any more trouble, but even if we do encounter more I'll take care of them." Daedalus exclaimed as he smiled at Tatiana. "We can just stay in the boat until you wish to set sail." Daedalus said as he helped her carry all of the bags to the yacht.

"There sure is a lot of food in these bags. Are we going to be on the sea a long time." Daedalus asked as he put the food away and sat on one of the beds in the yacht.

Tatiana was suprised at his suggestion but nodded. She didn't strain him too much. He had said that his power came from his grace but it had left him tired from using it. Putting two and two together that the fact he was here, she didn't want anything bad to happened to him from using his power too much.

She followed him into the yacht. He was really strong. The way he did it made him look so manly and strong that her heart skipped a beat. "That. that's because I'm kind of.. a worrywat?" She tells him, embarassed. "It's quite embarassing to say this but I haven't really ate my fill for so long..Prince also needs to be fed too" She had become quite skinny because of trying to frugal with their resources, especially since she shared with Prince as well. She really felt bad for Prince though and wanted to treat him better despite the situation.

• Love
"I understand Miss Tatiana, then I suggest you should eat." Daedalus smiled at her and flapped his wings softly to shake the stiffness out of them from flying so far earlier. "You humans certainly have to eat often don't you?" Daedalus asked as he sighed relaxing and pet Prince's head as he walked over and scratched his chin softly.

Daedalus seemed to really have an affinity to attracting people to him. He didn't even have to try to win Prince over, all it took was a simple petting. It must have been his kind and gentle nature that drew people and animals to him.

"Okay." She walks to the kitchen and starts cooking some mac and cheese for herself. It was simple and didn't take long. While cooking, she found dog bowls for Prince. She filled one with food and the other with water.

Prince relaxed around him and nuzzled his head towards him affectionately. "Arf."

It took her couple of minutes and the food was finally cooked. She placed some in a bowl, returning back to where they were. "Are you sure you don't want some?" She asks him. He didn't need to eat but he could enjoy eating for the sake of eating. "It's good if I say so, myself."

• Love
Daedalus shook his head as he looked at Tatiana. "No, but thank you. I don't require sustenance.. It would be best to save it all for yourself.. true it is delicious, but it would go to waste on me." Daedalus said to Tatiana as he watched her make the macaroni and cheese.

It was true that food was delicious but Daedalus had no reason to waste any of her food on himself. He didn't need to eat and he didn't want to be taking food out of Tatiana and Prince's mouth. He didn't know how long they would be out on the sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.