Hawthorne Academy of Fine Arts || Will you survive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rose slung her arm over Dom's shoulder and thanked Eli; she then narrowed her eyes some at Logan. So this was the guy Anna was frazzled with, he was cute and maybe could be good for Anna. "Nice to meet you friendly advice you hurt Anna I hurt you. She is family to me and I don't want her heart toyed with or brokeN do you hear me." Rose's vpice was even and calm as she spokE but had a ton of seriousness to it.

Logan
Logan smiled a little at Anna, when she mentioned wearing dresses more often. "I, personally, would not mind that. Though I think you look fine in anything." Logan commented. His personal views on what a girl wore was if they felt comfortable in it, wear it. Though an occasional dress up day was always a good thing. Looking over to Rose, he smiled for a moment. Hearing her warning he gulped. "Got it." He said. He for sure knew not to step on Rose's toes. "It's nice to meet you, Rose." He offered a wave. He than turned to Anna and whispered. "She scares me." He than noticed her blushing. He chuckled a little bit. "Oh now that for sure completes the entire look." He said.
@IceQueen @Poisoned Rose

55b63a_70bf86c7d6d9449f8ebb337fc56212a9.png_650
Anna looked over at Rose as she gave a warning, chuckling at Logan's reaction. She leaned back into his ear, her lips barely brushing the skin of his ear. "She is very protective over me. She has known me for years. Don't worry, she softens up." She said, smiling back up at him. When he commented on her blush, she turned a darker shade of red and playfully slugged his arm. "Hey now, stop making it worse." She grumbled, brushing her bangs to the side a bit to hide her embarrassment.
@Autumn_Burns_Red @Poisoned Rose

Nico
"So you got any skeletons in your closet?"

Nico looked up briefly at Lincoln as the question rolled off his tongue, and bit the inside of his cheek in thought. They were currently walking back since the others were leaving, and Nico's thoughts were still stuck on the confession that Lincoln had told him. Hmm.. what to say? Of course he could confess his feelings to him, but Nico wasn't ready for that. Wait... did Lincoln know his sexuality? Sure, Nico didn't exactly go around telling everyone, but he was open about it if someone were to ask. He cleared his throat before looking at Lincoln again, and chuckled some. "Ah, well... I'm Pansexual." He spoke nonchalantly, shrugging it off as they locked eye contact for a few short seconds. "Thought it was only fair to share my sexuality too." He smiled, and glanced away, seeing the others in the distance as they began to near them. "But your secret is safe with me. Thanks for talking to me, you lifted my mood." Nico grinned, and punched him in the arm playfully before jogging up to the others. He looked at Fiona and nodded, smiling genuinely in a silent apology. "Aye guys! Who's ready to party?!"
@Mr.Scales

Jake
Jake laughed at Quinton's rambling, before tensing a bit as their hands accidentally bumped into one another. She watched as Quinton shoved his hands into his pockets, turning around to call to the others as a portion of distance grew between them. A heavy feeling settled in on her chest, thinking back to the kiss incident as an involuntary blush crept up onto her cheeks. Jake felt guilty about that situation, and she was trying not to think about it too much in fear of spoiling her good mood. She knew that she hurt Quinton by running off like that, but it was like an instinct. A second sense. That month of being with that creep really took a toll on her with all the shit that guy did to her, but she really did make a lot of progress towards getting better with Quinton. She let him touch her for crying out loud, and that in itself was big progress for Jake. She shook these thoughts off as a frown continuously grew onto her features, and instead looked up to find her brother finally making his way back towards them. He looked to be in a much better mood then earlier, and she smiled before running up to him and grabbing on his back. "Up!" Nico laughed, kneeling down a bit to let Jake onto his back. "Aren't you too old for piggy-back rides?" "Aren't you too smart to know I don't care?" "Well said." Jake chuckled.
Iris
"This is going to be fun, whatever you want to do, we'll do."

Iris smiled towards the sound of Seven's voice, holding his hand as he drove the two of them to homecoming. To be honest, Iris felt really nervous to show up to the dance with Seven, his newly-found boyfriend in front of everyone. He wouldn't admit it, but he was a closeted gay, so this was... big for him. Also, he didn't know how he actually looked with this outfit Seven picked out, but he said that he looked handsome, and that's all that mattered to Iris. "Who do you think will be picked for king and queen?" It was a plainly obvious answer, Lindsay and Trent, but he wanted to make small talk so the car wouldn't seem too quiet. Of course, it was a comforting silence, but Iris's nervousness made him antsy. He gave Seven's hand a gentle squeeze of affection and leaned over to rest his head on his shoulder.
@Shattered♦Secrets™

Ashton
Ashton placed the finishing touches to her outfit and smiled at the text from Lindsay, signaling that she was here. She glanced in the mirror at the final product; Bright, eye-catching, and flirty. After a quick touch-up on her wrist with a couple more layers of foundation and powder, she was out the door and walking outside. She wasn't going to let HAGG distort her reputation. Sure, they can toy with her emotions, but she could hide that with a simple practiced smile. Just like the one she had on now. "Lindsay! Is this outfit alright?" She did a quick pose and chuckled at her best friend, giving a cheeky hairflip before pulling her close. "So are you and Trent like... official?" she murmured, her blue eyes lighting up. Then she thought about Jax. That jerk hadn't even asked if she were alright. Where was he anyway? She contained a deep frown as a feeling of hurt settled upon her. She actually really liked the guy, and she just felt.. stood up and hurt. She walked to the car with Lindsay and got in the back, giving a look at Trent. "You dressed him up well. You guys will look great on stage."
@CelestialCellar

Logan
Logan smiled a little bit at Anna. "I totally understand why she would be protective of her. I would be to with how beautiful you are." He chuckled and moved her hair back out of her face. "You don't have to hide from me, Anna." He said, his hand still on her face. He would have kissed her, but he felt like with the way they wanted to take things slower that maybe a kiss wasn't the thing to do right now. "Your blushing is cute." He said rubbing her cheek with his thumb. He then pulled his hand away and looked back to the other guys. "So, are we waiting out here for something, or are we going in?" He asked.

Dominic & Elijah
Elijah smiled. "You're welcome." He said with a calm voice. Looking over to Dominic he laughed a little bit. "You look scared for your life at the moment." He said laughing at Dom's face.

"Shut up, Eli." He said, getting out from under Rose's arm. If there was one women who could absolutely kick his ass, it was Rose. He looked from Rose to Logan. "Um, I think we might be waiting for Rose here's boyfriend." He said. Normally Dominic didn't like jocks or popular people, but after meeting Elijah and seeing he isn't bad, except for when he was around Trent, Dominic really didn't mind them. "Or are we waiting inside for him?" He asked.
@IceQueen @Poisoned Rose

Skye
Skye finally put together an outfit she found suitable for the party, after an hour of pouting around her room, and examined herself in the mirror. Sure, she could have been all formal and stuff with a dress and heels, but she really just wanted to be comfortable. It's not like she was trying to impress anyone anyway. Skye grabbed her phone and looked for Rose's contact, swiping so it'd call. After no answer, she shrugged and decided to just surprise them with her appearance. Though, just in case, she sent a text to both Anna and Rose.

"Hey! I'm gonna meet up with you guys for the time being. Cool? Cool." She tapped SEND.

She excitedly rushed out the door, her messy and untamed hair bouncing about as she jogged down the hallways of the dormitory. Skye was totally pumped about tonight's party, even if she was dateless and a bit awkward. But with her complete carefree and easy going personality, she was sure to make some new friends of some sort. Skye exited the building after only a few seconds, due to her little jog, and saw a small crowd around some truck. She would have thought nothing of it if it hadn't been for the bright purple and blue heads she saw mixed into the little crowd. There they were!

"Rose, Anna!" Skye called, waving as she neared them. "Wow, you guys look great!" She smiled running a hand through her messy locks of dark brown hair, and looked around at the crowd. She didn't really know the other people that were there, so she turned to them and beamed. "Uh.. hey! I'm Skye, nice to meet you."
@IceQueen
@Poisoned Rose
@Autumn_Burns_Red

tumblr_inline_n1xc7awekB1rb3m8r.png

55b63a_aa2e998b388d4969a50c3013cfa3c30e.jpg_512

Q
uin was relieved to see Nico looking so much happier --- the whole night would be a huge bummer if his best friend was in a crummy mood for the entire event. He caught Jake's eye as she climbed up onto Nico's back, and flashed her an apologetic smile. He knew that he was acting different --- he was trying not to, but it was hard. There was no way for him to truly understand her position without having had experienced something like it, and... well...
"Des, give Nico the run down."

55b63a_553226e694d145f2b34b86fabaf2171a.jpg_512

D
estry caught up to Nico and Lincoln, quickly explaining the plan.
"The most important part is to get out of there as soon as you're done pouring the milk, though," Destry concluded after running through the plan in detail. "If you guys get caught, it's game over."
"Well, I don't think it'd be very good if the three of us got caught, either," Quin called, falling back to walk beside Destry. "I'm pretty sure that, while the milk is gonna be messy and everything, the fireworks might land us with an arson charge in court."
"True. How about we all agree to not get caught."
"Easier said than done..."

As they arrived at the Rec, Destry peaked into his backpack to make sure that they had everything they needed to pull the prank off.
"We need to mingle for a while before we do this thing," he said quietly to the group. "Besides, we don't wanna start super early and have a giant lag between the fireworks and the court announcement. Mingle enough to be noticed around, but not so much that everyone notices the second we all disappear."

55b63a_28cb60dbf58f4fa7b3d67ba41b1fd464.jpg_512

L
indsay grabbed Ashton's shoulders, examining her outfit more closely.
"You're an absolute doll," Lindsay simpered before leaning in a little closer. "And yes, officially official." She took a couple of steps back, raising her voice before continuing. "Quincy wants to meet up, by the way. Right Trent?"
After the whole Jax fiasco, Lindsay wanted to make sure that Ashton had a good time tonight.
"He's not bringing a date. You two should definitely dance, assuming you're over that other asshole."

55b63a_743baef0652d4434aea1b3b0790652e2.jpg_512

H
ayden's heart fluttered as she wrapped her slender arm around Jax's.
"This is your car?" Hayden asked, completely in awe. Who was this guy? She climbed in, buckling the seat belt and staring nervously out the window. Despite having been able to talk easily before in the kitchen, she'd spent too much time thinking herself into a corner on this one --- what if she made herself look stupid? What if he realized how socially awkward she was and changed his mind about her? The anxiety was creeping up fast, and Hayden had to control her breathing carefully as they made their way to the Rec.
"So, umm..." Hayden was horrible at small talk, but she could try. "Did you vote for the homecoming court?"

• Love
Reactions: tart.
55b63a_4d5c026752a0476599903a01cdd0c2b2.png_650

Will finally finished getting ready and decided to head over to the rec area. He was hoping that tonight didn't end up like the night before, as he thought he had already had enough alcohol in his system for the past 24 hours. He put his shoes on and checked his phone, feeling a soft pang for not texting Hayden but he shook it off and headed out. When he got there, he saw that there were already a few people there so he decided to wander around a bit.

Stella
Stella finished brushing her hair and finished her makeup. She saw tonight as an opportunity to meet new people and make friends. She put on some shoes and grabbed her purse before heading out. She had missed the party the night before and had only heard stories. This time she hoped to be the one making the stories.

• Love
Reactions: CelestialCellar
Anna sighed slightly as he reffered to her as beautiful again. A darker blush creeped into her cheeks, and she looked down. He wouldn't be telling her she was beautiful if he was sober enough to remember her scars. No matter what he had said at that drunk little party of theirs, she knew it wasn't true. Feeling his fingers brush her face, causing her to look up as he held her cheek with his warm palm. For a second, she could see his eyes lingering on her lips, and her blush deepened, causing her to hide her face again, until Skye popped up out of nowhere. Smiling, Anna waved at her friend, still sticking somewhat close to Logan.
@Autumn_Burns_Red @Poisoned Rose @Tart

~Fiona~
Fiona messed with her long hair, which was now spilling over her shoulders. She looked over at Lincoln, and gave a shrug and a small smile. They had made her outfit a bit more exposing than she was used to, but she figured if she was going to roll with the cool club, she had to mix it up a little bit. To be honest, she was glad that her life was changing a bit. She always wanted to know what it was like to roll with the bad ass pranksters, and with Jake taking a like to her, and her mission to stand by Lincoln, it looked like she would be hanging around them for a bit.
@CelestialCellar @Mr.Scales @Tart

Rose smiled noticing how Dom and Logan were uncomfortable and she smiled and chuckled some. She never really hurt someone until they gave her a reason to which was a rare sight. She looked at everyone. "He told me he would wait at the entrance so let's go guys." She looped her arm through Skye's and walked towards the door.

||August||

This being her first year at HAoFA, August had decided to basically cocoon in her dorm. She had only left the room a handful of times and, by default, hadn't met anyone worth her interest. Of course, there was Alison, her dorm mate but August made it a point to never be in the dorm the same time she was. It was nothing personal, August just wanted so desperately to keep her brand new slate clean, which meant keeping a low profile and limiting her time with other people. Once August had gotten the money from her mother and run off she cut of all communication with her. The brunette hadn't even told her she was coming here. And she planned to keep her whereabouts a secret from the drug addict.

But August couldn't help but ponder on whether or not to attend the event the school has having tonight. It had something to do with homecoming, which wasn't really August's thing. And it would probably be boring as hell but August needed to befriend someone so she wouldn't draw attention to herself. Being completely friendless would draw negative attention from the other students but being too out there would do the exact same so she needed to find a balanced middle. Someone who would be glanced over in a huge crowd. And this was as a good as a time as any to put herself out there. So maybe she would go.
~~~
August got dressed and began to head over to the Rec. She had decided it would've been better to get to know people now rather then when classes start. This was strictly business, she only needed someone who knew the school and wasn't too obnoxious to be her personal bodyguard. August followed a crowd through the entrance door and headed to the nearest available corner.

• Love
Logan

Logan's ears turned up at the sound of a, extremely excited, girl yelling Anna's and Rose's name. Looking over to her, he smiled a little bit. She was, how you say...bubbly looking, which was perfectly okay with Logan. He waved at her for a moment when she introduced herself. "I'm Logan, the taller one over there is Elijah, and the shorter one is Dominic." He said. The other two boys waved at her. Logan smiled a little bit, seeing the Anna hadn't left his side completely. Looking over to Rose, who basically herded them towards the entrance, he laughed. "Let's go." Logan said to Anna.
@IceQueen @Tart @Poisoned Rose

Anna smiled as Logan looked at her, and she tucked some of her hair back behind her ear. She was glad she had brought a swim suit too, because she heard there might be some swimming, but she would wait until later. Smiling at Logan, Anna nodded. "Let's go inside." She offered, before starting to walk into the party that was being held. She knew there was no way she was getting a crown, but that didn't mean she couldn't enjoy herself. She would at the least get a laugh out of a prank that was bound to happen tonight. It always did.

Rose linked up with Skye looping their arms together. "Lets go doll face." She said smiling at Skye then turning and winking at the other. She walked up to the entranced and opened the door for the rest of the group. Rose's blue eyes scanned over everyone it was definitely an assortment but then again that was how Rose's liked her friends.

Skye
Skye nodded and grinned at the people she was introduced to and vice versa before linking arms with Rose and beaming. "Who's ready to get this party started?!" She hollered, nearly bouncing on the balls of her feet as she was dragged by Rose. "Oh oh! I bet that one little misfit group have something up their sleeves. They almost always have something up their sleeves." She chattered on, running a hand through her hair as they entered through the doors to reveal an already bustling room. Music was playing and people were dancing, and Skye began to bounce a bit. "Alright, I'm off to go dance. If you need me I'll be in the middle of the dance floor." She waved and hurried off, disappearing into the crowd of dancing students.
Ashton
Ashton sat in the back seat of the car and smoothed out her dress, double checking her wrist to make sure the makeup was evenly caked on. She'd really laid it on thick this time, making sure it was completely and utterly covered. And, to play it safe, she'd even grabbed a black bracelet to put over it just in case. She wasn't risking anything tonight, and after the whole Jax thing, she was ready to party and forget about him. Sure, at the party he was a total sweetie, but she hated the fact that he left her in the bed like that. He better hope she doesn't catch him with another girl tonight after such a thing. Apparently Quincy was going to the party as well, and Lindsay even said she should try and dance with him. Ashton didn't find this as too much of a bad idea, but she didn't quite know the guy so she hoped it wasn't completely awkward. He was cute as well, so maybe things would work itself out. "I bet the punch'll be spiked again." Ashton piped from the back, chuckling lightly. She wasn't exactly tuning in on her little preppy drama queen side, but rather... on her 'normal', plain old Ashton. Not the Ashton everyone thought they knew. She just hoped people wouldn't notice tonight, because god knows she couldn't take anymore hits on her already fragile facade.

Jake & Nico
Nico listened closely to the plan he'd missed out on when having his little pity party, and nodded as Destry seemed to conclude it. "Alright.. sounds easy enough. You hear that, monkey?" Jake looked down at Nico and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I wasn't out having a hissy fit the first time." She spoke sarcastically and rolled her eyes and Nico chuckled. "Yeah, well.." He continued walking with his sister latched onto his back until they reached the rec, music heard from inside. "Besides, we don't wanna start super early and have a giant lag between the fireworks and the court announcement. Mingle enough to be noticed around, but not so much that everyone notices the second we all disappear." Nico let Jake down and nodded, Jake following suit before looking back at Fiona. "You ready to party like a misfit?" She grinned widely and took her arm, pulling her through the doorway as the music bumped loudly throughout. Nico let out a whoop and glanced at Lincoln, a smirk evident on his lips.
(( Alright, super sorry for the complete shittyness of this post, but my laptop died randomly and took my original post with it. So here's the aftermath, I'm sleepy, I'll make sure my replies are longer tomorrow. Again, super sorry, but hey! Posts! ))​

E r y n
L A W L E S S

The Priah

epd_blue.png

As she pulled the dress on over her head her phone chimed again with a small 'ping', she calmly moved toward the device, the dress swaying with her every step. She flushed slightly at the feeling of the cloth caressing her legs. Dresses were nice, they were pretty, and they made her feel pretty... she was just uncomfortable with her own body, and the... breeze that came with skirts and such. She opened the phone, her eyes scanning over the message, she smiled at the test, and pursed her lips. The asian girl sat on her bed pensively, trying to remember when this thing started, before typing back, "Hmhmhm... well we could meet up by the pool, or the entrance? I don't really know the place too well. Let's be... at the tree! At like, 7:45? I dunno. Is that too late for you? Too early? Is fashionably late a thing?! :flail: "
She ran her fingers through her hair, combing her knots coarsely out. She paused a moment, before typing a second message, "In any case, I'm feeling stuffy here and have nothing to do right now, so I'm gonna head out and wander around. But I'll meet up with you for sure! ^-^"

The girl leaned back on the hard mattress that had been her mother's growing up, prior to her leaving home at eighteen. Before she could hear the odd little ping again, to signal Joanie's response she programmed the sound of receiving an item from Zelda. The girl then rolled back slightly, and used her bit of momentum to hop to her feet. She plucked up a satchel kind of thing, the corners of which were covered in clusters of various nerdy buttons from diverse fandoms, ranging from Hogwarts to Zelda, and everything in between. The bag itself held her laptop, ocarina and bit of other random junk such as colorful pens, and a notepad for various things she feld the urge to write down. Having a bag could prove annoying, but she had a locker to hold it if it became irksome. With that, she threw on a blue double breasted coat that extended halfway down her thighs, the dress itself was about six inches longer, and stuck out from beneath the hem. She threw the brown leather bag over her shoulder and then plucked her phone up. As she moved toward the door, the girl paused, and her thoughts lingered on the pool for a moment. She glanced at the drawer that held her swimsuit. Her eyes resting on to the worn down maple surface for a heartbeat before she shook her head, as if to shake the idea out of her head.The only way she was going into that water is if she was thrown.

epd_blue.png

Characters Mentioned -
@Tart - Joanie Janis

55b63a_aa2e998b388d4969a50c3013cfa3c30e.jpg_512

Q
uinton followed Jake and Fiona closely through the crowd of people. There were already a ton of people on the dance floor, which was surprising considering how early it was. Most of the faces were relatively familiar, but there were some new ones in the crowd, too. Quinton caught zig-zagged his way through the crowd, smiling and waving at some people while scowling bitterly at others.
"Huge turn-out," Quinton commented, stopping next to Jake and Fiona in the middle of the crowd. "This should be good. Dance?" Quin extended his arm to Jake, waiting for her to accept.

D
estry followed the others through the crowd a ways before changing his mind. He wanted a moment for himself to collect his thoughts before the big night.
"I'm gonna go get something to drink. Anybody want anything?"
"Hell no," Quinton laughed from the other side of Jake. "After last night, I'm not drinking anything that I don't mix myself for a long time."
"Fair enough."
Destry weaved his way through the thickening crowd toward the eastern corner of the enormous gym. He ladled some punch into a paper cup, scanning the room for other familiar faces. If he spent too much time with the others, people would be suspicious later. His eyes landed on a girl standing alone in the corner and his heart stopped --- he didn't even notice the cup of punch fall away from his hand.
"M-Maria?" he whispered to himself, completely unable to believe his eyes.
"Hey! Watch what you're doing!"
"H-huh?"
"You better clean that up!" One of the party committee members was clearly upset about the punch all over the floor.
"Oh, shove it," Destry snapped turning away.
"Hey! Get back here!"
Destry ignored the voice, turning back in the direction of the girl, and making his way toward her through the crowd.

Within seconds, Destry was standing directly in front of her, his eyes locked on hers. "Maria?"

55b63a_28cb60dbf58f4fa7b3d67ba41b1fd464.jpg_512

L
indsay rolled her eyes.
"God, I hope not. Last night was disaster." They pulled up to the Rec Center, and climbed out of the car. Lindsay linked arms with Ashton, carefully avoiding touching her wrist. She didn't want to trigger another break down.
"Quincy isn't gonna be able to keeps his eyes off of you."

@Tart : Jake // Ashton
@Yandere-Chan : August
@IceQueen : Fiona

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: sunflower fairy
||August|
Her plan really wasn't going well.. She'd been there, what, ten minutes and she had yet to talk to anyone.. August hadn't moved from her side of the corner and no one tried to make her. In fact, she'd be surprised if anyone had noticed her. The students had already made their cliques, there was no reason for them to try and talk to anyone else when they already had each other. August silently cursed herself for being the bashful person she was. Maybe she could just slip out.. It wouldn't have been that easy and it was obvious there was no point in staying. August would just learn to manage being a social outcast for the next two years. That wouldn't be specifically hard..

Avoiding others like the plague and keeping to herself was August's specialty. Watching the unnaturally loud crowd, August's eyes spotted a pair of pale blue ones staring at her. The brunette instinctively averted her gaze when their eyes connected. It wasn't until she looked back at the male and realized they both hadn't accidentally locked eyes. The male wasn't just staring at her, he was staring at her. And before she knew it, he was walking toward her. August looked at the exit, could she sprint out the door and pretend she hadn't noticed him? She looked back at the brunette man and then back at the door. Shit.. He was already too close.

Damn, he had gotten here fast. Her escape plan had been infiltrated and now she had to have an awkward conversation with the person who had destroyed it. Now standing in front of her, the male was still intently staring at her.. It felt as if the guy was looking through August's soul. He spoke one word to her and the confusion of this situation rose to a high. Did he just call her Maria? "Uh..." Was all she could make out with her words. What was she supposed to say? August came to two different conclusions.. Either the male had a mental illness or he was high... August went with the latter. "No, August."

Last edited:
  • Love

D
estry's heart sank. Of course it wasn't Maria.
She's dead. You're never going to see her again.
"Sorry," Destry mumbled, taking a step back. "You look like someone that I used to --- uh ---" Date? Love? Destry didn't know how much information to disclose to her --- he didn't want to come across as completely weird. "You look a lot like someone that I used to know." Before I killed her. Destry shook his head. "Anyway, I'm Destry. August, you said, right? You..uhh... punch? I mean, do you want some? Punch?"
Damn it, Destry. What the fuck is wrong with you.
Generally, Destry had minimal issues maintaining his "cool" demeanor, but right now he was seriously struggling.

• Love
Reactions: sunflower fairy
Status
Not open for further replies.