Happily ever after

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guard looked back to the group, a tad confused to why everyone was walking along. He didn't question it, and walked along.

The halls they walked through on their way to the audience hall were strangely simple. They weren't extravagantly decorated, instead keeping a somewhat simple look. The small amount of decor and furniture that was available, though, was very fancy-looking, as was expected by this kind of higher-ups.

As they approached a large set of wooden doors, the guard halted the group, keeping them there until he heard a barely audible knock from the other side of said door. As he did, he turned around and proudly announced to the group: "Honorable guests, please bow for the royal family of Ente." As he opened the doors. Inside was three other guards, stationed in each corner of the room, except for the bottom left. On the other side were three thrones, the largest one in the middle. Said throne was empty, but the other two was filled by the Queen of Ente and Sadao. They both did a respectful bow as their guests entered the room and the guard filled the remaining corner.

Xera and her group bowed, as was customary. She followed the guard in as directed, and noticed the Queen, who she had never met before, and Prince Sadao. Xera then, introduced her party, and their presence. "I am Queen Xera of Ilum, accompanied by my handmaiden, Reira, and my royal guards. I come not in a royal capacity, but on a personal one. I wished to visit Prince Sadao."

The Queen seemed a bit confused at the request, but obliged it, nonetheless. She left the room with a door in the back, while Sadao walked up to Xera with a smile. "Hello there, Xera. How have these past years been for you?"

Xera smiled at Sadao. "The years have been a learning experience for me. My father had position the kingdom well for a new ruler, but there were many growing pains to overcome. A lot of issues needed to be decided on immediately, which caused me to be very obsessed with the kingdom for many, many months. It's only now, that the affairs have been stabilized." She looked him over. "You have grown much since we last met, Sadao. You've grown into a man, it seems."

"And you seem to have grown into a fit ruler of your kingdom." He smiled. "Now, then. While you're inside, would you like a small tour? I don't know how long I can be of service, though. The king has fallen ill, and I need to be at his side."

Xera smiled. "I would love that tour Sadao". She turned to her handmaiden to speak to her. "Reira, please stay with the guards here, I shall return in time."

She had concerns, though, of the situation that was described, and those concerns she voiced to Sadao. "I would be honored to meet your father," she started, "but, I have a fear, that meeting me will bring about a fate similar to my father, shortly after he had met you. I do not wish for history to repeat itself." She looked at him and asked, "are you sure, given what I just said, that you would like your father to meet me?"

Sadao just chuckled a bit. He didn't really believe in coincidences like that, and besides, it was no fatal illness. He nodded and explained. "Xera, I don't think that my father will die just because he accepted a visitor, and besides, he just has a cough. I doubt that what you fear will become reality." He smiled and kept walking.

"Very well then," Xera said, with a smile, "I have confidence in your words." She looked around at the palace, with so much curiosity, since it was her first time here, and she'd thought of the place where Sadao was on many occasions. "And I do hope your father gets well soon. Sometimes even the smallest of symptoms can eventually lead to the worst outcome."

"Oh, I still doubt that he'll face his demise any time soon." He said as they approached another set of doors. "Well, excuse me while I inform him about your presence." He said with a smile as he walked inside.

After a while, he walked back out, holding one door open. "The King will see you now, Milady." He announced with a bow.

"Okay", Xera replied, and she stepped in slowly, following Sadao. He remembered the things he said about her father years ago, still. She wondered, with her common type clothing, if she wasn't good enough for Sadao. A funny thought, but it was what came to mind for Xera.

Inside the room, Sadao's father was standing proudly. At least for a few seconds, before he was overcome with a cough attack, sending Sadao over to him to offer his support. As the King declined his offer, he backed off once more.

"Ah, hello there, miss Xera. I'm glad that you could take time out of your schedule to visit our beloved kingdom."

Xera bowed. "It is a pleasure to meet you, your majesty" she said as she bowed to him. She wanted to ask Sadao, how much his father knew of her, but wasn't sure how to approach asking the question. She simply looked at Sadao, wondering what to do or say next.

"And I'm glad to see you too, Your Highness." The King responded, bowing politely before being interrupted by a coughing fit.

"I must apologize. This can't be a very good first impression... Anyway, I've heard a lot about you, Your Highness. Mostly from my son, it'd seem." Sadao's cheeks went slightly red as he looked away a bit.

"Really?" she asked the King. She looked at Sadao with a smile. "What stories has the noble Prince been telling you?"

"Well, let me just tell you that whenever he tells them, he has a dreamy look on his face." Sadao tensed up a tiny bit, probably embarrassed. "I-I do not! That's... That's false!" The King smiled a bit. "Son, it's not polite to lie. Especially not in front of the woman you love."

Xera blushed a bit, and was surprised. Love, she thought. She was feeling a bit conscious of herself now, but decided to play along. "Love, he says?" Xera said to the King. "I am quite flattered, and perhaps I would like to have a private word with the dreamy face, later."

She smiled at the King. "It is refreshing, to see you in good humor and spirits. And it is a pleasure to meet you, finally."

Sadao just stood still and grumbled for now... He had a feeling that 'dreamy face' was some sort of new nickname.

The King just nodded. "I try my best. Even though my health isn't in top shape. I try to keep spirits high."

"Having a son like Sadao, though," Xera mused, "it must be a help to you, in keeping the mood brighter here. I know he has done so, for me."

She looked at Sadao. "Even during the darkest times, when I was struggling in my new role, I would try to find inspiration, even if just in a thought or two, to help me overcome and accomplish goals."

"Yes, that's correct." The King chuckled. "There's never a dull moment with him around... Be it for better or for worse." Sadao looked like he just wanted to crawl up in a hole right about now.

Xera was enjoying the moment with the king, she felt that despite the age difference, they could share so much in common with regards to roles, experience, responsibility and the like. But, she traveled there for another reason.

"We must continue this conversation, if your schedule allows," she said the king, "but, would it be okay if I continued on the tour with your son?" She smiled. "We have much to catch up on."

Status
Not open for further replies.