Grothnor's Fallout 4 Countdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can neither confirm nor deny the fact that I've got it preinstalling as I write this.

Well I keep punching the clock in hopes that it'll hurry on up to midnight.

I guess I'll go and finish off Wolfenstein: The Old Blood up until that point. >.>

IT IS HERE, IT HAS ARRIVED

I feel like a kid on Christmas morning all over again

My FALLOUT 4 PIP-BOY EDITION FOR THE PC arrives in the mail tomorrow before 8 PM.

Fallout4_PIPBoy_Edition_Content11.0.jpg

This game has decided it won't work for me. >:[

To my great disgust however, I have discovered that Fallout 4 supports...a pretty pathetic range of resolutions

Good job Bethesda, it can't even support 1280x1024

After fighting with the computer, and updating drivers, and hating my internet speeds, I finally played it.

And I must say, it is glorious!

Also, this has my favorite "War... War never changes." Despite it not being by Ron Perlman.

Laser Musket is OP as shit, I love it.

Also, that first power armor fight is epic.

Reactions: Minerva
As a console gamer, I'm perfectly satisfied with my "Turn On Console>Press Start Game>Play" sequence of events. Awesome to play after playing New Vegas for the last 5 years.

So I'm the only PC guy here who's had literally no issues with this game and has generally been having a grand old time with it?

Nice.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: SlamifiedBuddafied
So I'm the only PC guy here who's had literally no issues with this game and has generally been having a grand old time with it?

Nice.
Nope, I had no issues either.
Then again, I check and update my drivers regularly to avoid the extra hassle.
To my great disgust however, I have discovered that Fallout 4 supports...a pretty pathetic range of resolutions

Good job Bethesda, it can't even support 1280x1024
That is a bit odd. Though I play most of my stuff at native on my monitor at 1600-900 unless available at 1080. Save for a few games which I play on the television, which usually give different resolutions when my main display is the television. Instead it gives me some weird resolution not even one hundred pixels less than 1080.

Otherwise, game is great. Pretty much what I expected of a Fallout game based on how Fallout 3 and New Vegas were. I do find the building settlements quite fun, really gives a reason to farm a whole bunch of junk and make trips back and forth between the inner city of Boston and what may as well be the Fallout equivalent of Solitude nestled outside the vault.

Another thing which is almost disorienting is that the entire map is much more open. I say that in the way there aren't so many loading screens anymore as at least half of the buildings you encounter are open structures. On top of that, nearly all the buildings located in the city are their own structures, no more long stretches and dead end alleys where an entire area can only be accessed by two or three points.

And there seem to be a lot more ghouls. . . A lot more.

And god damned Deathclaws.
I hate them.
I hate them with every ounce of lead I can fire at them.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game has decided it won't work for me. >:[
Have you checked your Specs?

That's the reason I'm delaying getting it.
My Graphics card is below even the minimum requirements.

I can handle GTA V (with some pixelated rain), but Fallout 4 is on another level.

Thanks again @Alan for bringing that Graphics issue to my attention.
Even if I am now feeling depressed about knowing it's out but not being able to play it. :(
Glad I didn't pay for this. 6/10.
There's an easy solution for that.

Have you checked your Specs?

That's the reason I'm delaying getting it.
My Graphics card is below even the minimum requirements.

I can handle GTA V (with some pixelated rain), but Fallout 4 is on another level.

Thanks again @Alan for bringing that Graphics issue to my attention.
Even if I am now feeling depressed about knowing it's out but not being able to play it. :(

There's an easy solution for that.
It's nothing to do with specs. I can't even physically start the game, nevermind play it XD I downloaded the latest drivers and everything XD

It's nothing to do with specs. I can't even physically start the game, nevermind play it XD I downloaded the latest drivers and everything XD
Not being able to psychically play it (after ruling out not being at your computer, because you said in your last post that it wasn't working) sounds exactly like a Spec's issue.

My brother bought it on his Xbox One through through the online store thingy on there, which is nice because my computer probably couldn't handle it. Played it for a few hours today, probably gonna get another hour or two before I get some sleep. It's pretty damn fun, which was only to be expected, and I didn't notice any glaring issues with frame rates or anything. I'm liking all the updates to the gameplay so far, though the settlement building stuff is probably the least fun new thing and I could have done without it. Might become more interesting once I can generate power, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one.

@SlamifiedBuddafied

Deathclaw's DEFINITELY took a level of badass in this game

And it's extremely odd, all of my friends have noted how strange it is Fallout 4 won't give me the option to select an aspect ratio that supports my resolution

@Jorick

For power, basically put one perk into science, then if you tell it to, the game can be set to notify you what things when you're scavenging provide you with the materials needed to produce something, all pieces of junk in this game can be converted into useful materials, a la Old World Blue's style(sort of)

The thing that's bothering me right now, is I cannot figure out how to get

A. Brahmin to support your food, there's a trough you can slap down, but it never seems to work
B. How the hell do you set up trade routes between settlements?! The game mentions it in a loading screen, but then otherwise completely fails elsewhere to tell you HOW to do it, GUIDE DANG IT
C. How do I increase the size of my settlement? You can put a limited number of items down on your settlement, and all the guides I've seen have mentioned 'that you can put more down once your settlement size expands'

Yet, this never seems to happen, HOW DO I SHOT WEB!?

EDIT

Ah! By the way guys...the steam guides section for fallout 4 provides a fair bit of useful information, like finding materials for your settlement

But here's a general tip from me, if you need food for say...Sanctuary, head to Diamond City, they have a huge farm of mutfruit you can harvest to plant.(Is that considered spoilery? It's so early in the game I don't think so but...)

Last edited:
B. How the hell do you set up trade routes between settlements?! The game mentions it in a loading screen, but then otherwise completely fails elsewhere to tell you HOW to do it, GUIDE DANG IT
This is a perk, i believe. Leader of the Wastes or something like that?

@Hunter of Shadows I'll be on later to look into settlement sizes some more. As for food, I figured that one out fairly early on, finding wild corn or tato out in the wasteland and a few other plants at friendly farming locations here and there. As for increasing settlement sizes, I may need to look over some of the player made material now available on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.