Green Valley High

"That's our plan then okay after school we meet at your dorms where ever that might be, now is anyone allergic to anything...?" Courtney fely that this was definitely something she should know, because having a visit to the hospital on the first days of school seemed like a horrible way to start out a friendship.

Reactions: 2 people
Devon was late. He wasn't even surprised, as he awake in his dorm- a different one than last years, he noted- to notice the afternoon sun shining in through the window. As he mumbled curses and stumbled around his room to throw on some clothing, Devon wondered what classes he may have missed, and where he was supposed to be. Dressed, half asleep, and looking some-what decent, Devon found his schedule, and swore again. Devon decided, that, at that point, there was no use trying to run to the second period class. Rather, he took his time, finding the stroll to the classroom entertaining. He arrived at the classroom, to hear the end of Courtney's question. Shrugging his backpack off onto one of the far away desks, he announced, "I'm allergic to stupidity, does that count?" cynicism dripping from his words. He took that moment to actually look around the room, at the other students he would be spending the next year with. The boy with cat ears stood out to him, amoung the other strange, hormonal teenagers. "I think I daw a puddy cat." he muttered to himself, pulling out one of his journals to begin writing boys with cat ears in it.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Jayson blushed a shade of pink for once, watching the boy come in. He bit his lip to keep from giggling at his comment. He thought he heard the boy mumble something about cats and blushed, realizing that he was still wearing the cat ears. He reached up to touch them, debating on if he should take them off or not. He lowered his hand slightly, remembering that he told Skylar he would wear them. He absently wondered what he looked like and if he really did look cute in them, like everyone has said.

Courtney laughed a little "Stupidity is a reasonable thing to be allergic to but your safe with us we've been checked and cleared, you have a very slim chance of having an allergic reaction to us but i can't be so sure about the rest of this school." She smirked and offered her hand "My names Courtney, the guy wearing cat ears is Jayson, the guy holding his bag is Micheal and The girl with the purple hair is Skylar, nice to meet you."

Last edited by a moderator:
Devon looked up from his 'Journal Of Goodness and Unicorns' or whatever the fuck his therapist wanted to call it, from where he had been attempting to draw a little doodle of the boy. He saw the boy with cat ears fidgeting with them, and cracked a smile at them. A genuine smile, not the usual sarcastic one he seemed to wear. He realized the boy probably could have heard him muttering from where he was, and may have made the boy self conscience. Devon closed his journal, and tossed it back in his bag, twisting in his seat to get a better view of the other. "Hey, puddy cat," he began teasingly, but with a tone that he hoped showed he wasn't trying to be mean, for once, "I do, honestly, like the ears," he admitted, tilting his head to admire them from a better angle. "It's cute." was his final judgement on them, before he slouched back on the desk seat, trying to analyze the room. Unfortunately, his attention kept being drawn back to the boy with cat ears.

Courtney's prompt caught Devon's reaction, and he looked away from Jayson. He smirked at her, and stuck his hand out for an exaggerated shake. "Nice to meet you, too, Courtney," he replied, a hint of laughter evident in his voice, "Skylar," he nodded at her, and finally, looked back at Jayson, the boy with cat ears. "And, you, puddy cat. Jayson does suit you much better."

Jayson blushed scarlet once again. Why do people keep calling me cute? I need my plants. He licked his lips self consciously before biting the lower one. He looked over at Courtney to gauge her reaction to the boy, but she seemed as friendly as she was with him. He looked back over at him and tried to will his blush away, but looking into his grey eyes really wasn't helping.

Devon held Jayson's gaze, risking to raise an eyebrow in mock challenge. His genuine smile returned again, and he looked down at his backpack, trying not to laugh at Jayson's blushing. In a good way, of course. He looked back at Jayson, who was still staring at him, and locked onto his blue eyes, finding the colour interesting. "You're blushing," he observed, unsure how else to continue conversing with the intriguing cat-boy.

"I-I am?" He felt his blush spread. He looked down at his feet and scuffed his shoes slightly. He took in a deep breath before looking back up at him. "W-ould you like to- um, c-come with us to see my garden?"

Courtney didn't know how exactly to react to Devon as of yet but figured that he was just having fun. She turned to Jayson who was blushing full on now. "Oh that would be even better." She turned to Devon "I'm bringing the snacks and a couple of more things. He's going to teach me how not to kill plants."

Devon cocked an eyebrow at that, blinking a few times. "Yes, you are, but... Your garden?" he asked, slowly, and suspiciously. "That could be taken many ways, cutie, you might want to specify what you mean by that." Devon leaned forward, closer to Jayson, biting his bottom lip to try not to laugh at all of the images coming to his mind.

"I- wha-?" Jayson froze, blushing again once he thought he finally had it under control. He could feel it spreading down his neck. "Th-that's not wh-what I meant. I- um, I have plants and um-" He fiddled with his fingers as he spoke. "N-not that."

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Devon raised his arms as a sign of peace, and let out a small laugh, smile unstoppable. "It's okay, Jayson," he started, hoping to soothe Jayson from his blushing and stuttering. "Actual plants," he nodded to himself, content. "Yeah, I'd like to come. I love plants. Nature, in general. I promise I won't be too much of a pain to be around." he added on, hoping that sharing his own interests and talking would help the flow.

Jayson stopped sputtering, blush still lingering. He smiled and nodded a bit too enthusiastically. I'm going to be showing my friends to my children. He suddenly looked out the window and let his mind drift. Friends? Is that what I have now?

After thinking about it for a few seconds he decided to stay in class a little longer he turned around and headed back to his desk. He places his backpack on the side of his desk and sat down and leaned back on the chair listening to their conversation

Jayson snapped out his thoughts at the sound of Michael moving. He bit his lip and watched the teacher walk in. "Um. C-can I sit with you?" He asked Devon.

"Jayson!" Devon mock scorned, "no talking in class." he shook his head, tsking, and let out an exaggerated sigh, shooting a smirk at the teacher. Devon moved his bag off the seat next to him, kicking it under his own chair. He looked back at Jayson, biting his lip to keep from smiling as he gestured for him to come take the empty seat beside him.

Jayson blushed a bright red and gingerly sat down beside him. He pulled out his books from his satchel and stared down at the blank pages, trying to hide his blush. This boy was different from most people. He normally didn't like sarcasm, but with Devon it was different.

Devon leaned over Jayson's shoulder, to look down at his papers. If he noticed Jayson's blushing, he didn't say anything, he simply grinned. "Shouldn't you be taking notes?" Devon asked, breath hitting Jayson's neck. Devon shuffled Jayson's binder more towards himself, and began casually rifling through the things "You're new, I guess," Devon added, not even a question, but a known statement.

Jayson looked up at Devon, blush deepening slightly. "Y-yeah I am." He mumbled, watching Devon go through his books, too shy to say anything to prevent him. He bit his lip and sputtered as a drawing of two men flipped open.

Reactions: fvanjik