Graveyard Incident-Halloween (Taken)

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex nodded, shaking, pulling out his phone and putting it on speaker. "9-1..1." he stuttered. Voice control called.
Areiz winced, gasping for breath, her eyes starting to glaze over and she mumbled something about her brother.
Her brother was dead. died of fever.
Alex stiffened as a voice picked up. He answered all the questions.
The laughter came again.
Areiz started shaking.

"Areiz, hold on, please, just hold on." Cat said. She then whispered, "You're so strong, just keep it up for a little while longer and then..." When the laughter came and Areiz began to shake, Cat found it difficult to keep the pressure. "Alex." She called. When she looked up, he looked shaken. "Alex, you can't do this to me now. What's the matter?"

Alex closed the phone. "Th-they said they c-can't come.." he said, terrified.
Areiz stopped, her breathing slowing, her eyes starting to close.
Alex dropped his phone, which shattered on impact. "Areiz..Areiz!" He said, his eyes widening in horror.
Areiz's head fell sideways, her mouth slightly open. Her heart was slow, barely beating, and she wasn't breathing at all.

"Oh my god," Cat said. Her hands were stained with Areiz's blood. "Oh my god. This isn't happening."

Her head was spinning. She can't move her because that would cause the blade to go deeper into her chest. She couldn't take the knife out because that would cause Areiz to bleed out faster. Cat couldn't believe that no one was coming to help them. Why? Why did they come here?

"Areiz is going to die." Cat said to herself. She was sobbing. "Ari, we love you. I love you. You know that? And we're going to stay here, right here with you okay. I'm so sorry. I wish there was something we can do." She held her hand out to Alex, asking him to join her on the ground beside their dying friend.

Alex fell to his knees, taking Cat's hand and starting to cry. "A--ari..come..come back.." he cried, leaning over and resting his forehead against her's, not letting go of Cat's hand. "P-please..y-you're l-like my..my older s-sister..." he sobbed.
Areiz managed to say something in a strangled whisper. "love..you..two...now..." she coughed slightly. "run."
the laughter came closer.
Alex didn't move.

"When we get out of this place, we'll come back for you. When it's day." Cat said. She touched Areiz's cheek, leaving a bloody finger print. She was sobbing. "Come on Alex, we have to go."

Alex sobbed, sitting up shakily. He kissed Areiz's other cheek gently. "goodnight..sister.." he stood slowly, wiping the tears from his eyes and pulling Cat to her feet. He held her hand, pulling her along behind him.

Being dragged from Areiz felt heart wrenching. Cat couldn't breathe because every time she took a breath she could smell blood. Not to mention, she herself was bleeding. As they walked through the graveyard, things seemed oddly quiet.

"Did you leave the gate open?" Cat said quietly.

Alex shook his head. "The gate closed behind us.." he said. "Like..it was pushed..almost.." he paled. "We have to leave.." He was terrified, he felt his stomach twist from fear and despair.
One of his two best friends just died.
He was going to be the one who got his second best friend out alive.
He picked Cat up, starting to run towards a large tomb, carrying her bridal style.

Cat wrapped her arms around Alex as he carried her toward the tomb, leaving blood marks all over his neck and hair. She felt exhausted as he cradled her in his arms but the feeling of regret wouldn't go away. She buried her face into his shoulder, sobbing. She was trying to keep it quiet though. For some reason she didn't want him to hear her.

Alex carried her into the tomb, biting his lip as tears crossed his cheeks. "W-we need to f-find a way out.." as he stepped forwards the ground below him caved in. He tossed Cat, letting her land on the other side of the hole as he dropped to the ground with a grunt, landing flat on his back. He gazed up, dizzy, his eyes pained. He didn't look hurt. "C-cat?" he groaned. "A-are you okay?" he asked from below.

"Oof!" She landed on her back, the wind knocked out of her. She perched herself on her elbows and felt her head. "I'm fine, Alex. If you can say that..." Cat stood up and walked over to Alex. It was dark and she had to feel around to find him. She reached out and felt for his hand but she felt her fingers touch lips, gently. She quickly pulled away. "Sorry, I think I dropped the flashlight when we were running." She felt in her pockets for her phone. when she found it, she tried pressing the home button but it wouldn't start. The screen just flickered dimly.

Alex sighed and sat up, groaning. "It's okay.." he stumbled to his feet and pulled another from his pocket. "Never come unprepared." he handed her the flashlight, stretching, and picking her up again. he looked around. "Catacombs.." he said in a whisper.

She turned on the flashlight, revealing a thousand toothy grins. This place, it was a grotesque maze. Cat screamed. She almost turned off the flashlight just so she can forget the faces. She just wanted to go home and be safe with Alex.

"We have to get out of here. There has to be a way out though. Alex, I'm honestly scared, I don't like this."

Alex hugged her tightly, holding her close. "It's okay C-cat." he said softly, taking a deep breath. "Lead the way with the flashlight..I won't let you go..I promise." He kissed her forehead softly. "I will make sure we get out..okay?"

"Okay." She said quietly. She pointed the flashlight ahead. Her heart fluttered a bit when he kissed her forehead. In that moment, all she wanted to do was reach up and pull him closer to her and kiss him. But she knew that would be weird. She nestled herself against him, pressing her ear against his heart listening to the rhythmic beating. She felt safe then, even if it was for one fleeting second.

She wondered what Areiz would say if she saw her and Alex. She would probably tease them, then tell Alex that Cat was fully able to walk by herself. Cat drew her eyebrows together. For now, she had to forget about Areiz. She can't be sad, not now.

Alex followed the flashlight beam. He wanted to sit down and curl in the corner, cry over his lost friend, his seemingly older sister, but he could not. He needed to stay strong, to protect his friend..his closest friend, Cat. He held her close, smiling faintly as she listened to his heart. He walked quickly down a hallway, narrow, but it seemed to be unused. "Do you think this has been discovered?" he asked quietly, holding Cat close. He wasn't going to lose her.
Not now.
not ever.

"Someone had to build this." Cat replied. She didn't know what sick mind would create such a preposterous structure, but someone would have have had to built it. Someone long ago and someone who knew how to get their hands on dead bodies. Cat flashed the flashlight to the wall for an instant and caught a glimpse at a tiny skull. It may have belonged to a child. She thought of the gravestones from the front of the graveyard. "Alex, what if all of those graves up there weren't actually graves, just stones?And all the bodies are down here." It was a silly thought but considering what has happened to them it wouldn't be exactly crazy.

Alex thought about it. "It..it makes sense." he said softly, walking forwards. the sound of a car passed overhead and he stopped. "did you hear that?" We're close to getting out! he thought, excited. Just ahead...He started forwards again, holding Cat close.

At the sound of the car, Cat jump. "Can you let me down? We'll get out of her faster that way." Not that she didn't want to stay with Alex in his arms, but for practical reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.