Graveyard Incident-Halloween (Taken)

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex shook his head. "No..I can carry you." he picked up his pace, going faster easily. He didn't want to put her down. He couldn't bring himself to do it..he just couldn't. He sighed, straining to see further.

Cat sighed as well as she held the light up. The darkness just kept going on and on. It was like purgatory. Maybe they died with Areiz and this is where they are now. Purgatory. Cat heard laughter, a snorting malicious laughter. It was the same laughter they heard in the graveyard.

"Oh my god. It's following us!"

Alex stumbled a step at the laughter. He panicked a moment, his heart racing as he stopped, looking wildly around. "The only way is f-forwards.." he mumbled, racing forwards, holding Cat tightly in his arms and following the light. Way way way way off far far far ahead was a teeny tiny light..escape....
but the laughter followed not but too close behind..

Suddenly, Cat felt extremely cold. Her skin pricked up as the voice echoed through the halls. She felt something on her foot. Screaming she kicked her foot but something seemed to be... holding her foot. It was almost threatening to rip Cat from Alex's grasp. But it didn't. The flashlight still lead the way though and she didn't say anything about the hand. She didn't want to worry Alex as much as he already was.

"We're almost there. It's okay, we can get out."

Alex glanced down, still running. "Are you okay?" he asked worriedly at her scream, running faster as the light grew brighter. He held her tighter, closer to him. "I'm not letting you go." he said softly, comfortingly. "Ever."

The light never seemed to come any closer. Suddenly it occurred to her.

"What if that light is just an illusion? What if this is all fake. What if--"

Suddenly she felt something tug her feet. Cat fell to the ground, a pile of broken skulls fell on top of her as she was being dragged back into the darkness. She dropped the flashlight as she kicked as screamed. "Alex!" She took hold of the wall, placing her fingers in a skull where the eyes would have been. The bone cut into her fingers like a knife as she was being pulled by her feet.

Alex yelped as Cat was pulled from his arms. He turned, shaking as he reached forwards, grabbing Cat's hands and pulling against the force. "Cat noo!! No no no!!" he sobbed, pulling, his legs wrapped around a shelf, holding him in place. He felt Cat start to slip from his grasp and he screamed, holding her hands tighter. "GO AWAY!!!" He screamed at the darkness, pulling on Cat, trying to pull her closer, back into his arms. "I won't let you go!!" he told Cat.

Cat said quietly, calmly even to the spirit. "Let...me...go..." She swore under her breath. It seemed like forever but the ghost finally let her go. She gasped, left holding hands with Alex.

She paused. "I... I need a moment." She sat down where she was. She moved closer to Alex and rested her head on his shoulder. She was sobbing even harder, and shaking. The chill didn't go away. She felt like something was watching them. Cat wrapped her arms around Alex.

Alex was shaking, watching her with worried eyes as she gasped. When she sat down, he let her rest her head on his shoulder, holding her tightly, his eyes scanning the darkness threateningly. He wouldn't let anything hurt Cat, or even touch her. He held her tight, his arms around her, protecting her. "It'll be okay..I'm here..I..I won't let anything hurt you.." he whispered softly in her ear, holding her. "I'll protect you Cat. I promise."

Cat just stared at him. She just focused on all his features and let the skulls fade away. That moment seemed perfect. Cat leaned in to press her face against his. That was what she wanted, just him and her, together like this. And when they would get out, it would be even better. She had to remind herself that she would even get out.

"Alex, I know you'll protect me. You always will."

Alex stared into her eyes and the scene around them fazed, his entire focus on her. He didn't want anything to happen to her. and he wouldn't let anything..not while he had her in his arms. He held her tighter, closer. He kissed her cheek softly. "Good." he said softly, holding her tight. "Are..are you ready?" He asked softly, his forehead against her's, his eyes gazing softly into her's.

Cat smiled. Her eyes dried. For the first time she became aware of how bloody her hands were. The blood stained Alex's shirt.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She said. "I guess we should keep going."

She picked up the flashlight and held out her hand for Alex.

Alex smiled softly. "It's okay." he said gently, taking her hand and picking her up again, carrying her bridal style and walking forwards, smiling softly and holding her close. "We'll be out in no time." He said softly, walking towards the light. He held her close to his heart, where he felt she had taken him over. She had taken his heart. He smiled softly, walking confidently towards the light, determined to get her out safe and alive.

It was long and dark and the rocking Alex's arms drew Cat into a null, resting upon his shoulder.

Alex smiled softly, her calm form keeping him calm. He reached the light and blinked, stepping out into the sidewalk. It was morning now, and a few cars where going here and there. He glanced at Cat, smiling. "We made it." he whispered softly, walking down the street towards the police station. they got some curious looks, but no one approached them.

Cat felt like her chest was going to collapse, her heart was going to burst. She smiled at Alex.

"I can't believe this, we made it." She lifted her face as if she was about to kiss him.

Alex stared into her eyes a moment. "C-cat..I..I.." he stopped walking. His face was centimeters from her's. His heart was racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.