Graceling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally instead of instinct I was gonna go with Luck, which is still valid. Different than Instinct, which is a gut feeling, like how you drop a glass and you feel that little zing in your head telling you to grab it but your sluggish human body doesn't act enough on it, or how you get a gut feeling to run away from something and then find out it's dangerous. Luck would be randomly guessing how many beans are in the jar or hitting the bullseye 5/10 times even with no archery skill. The thing with luck as a Grace though is you'd have to have something to need luck for. So you'd have to be trying to win an archery competition or trying to guess the beans in the jar to win dinner for the night, etc.

I think I'll go with the Grace that the guy in one of the books had. Basically he could remember everything he ever read. I've got a character who would suit that...

Now, which kingdom needs a noble's daughter?

I think I'll go with the Grace that the guy in one of the books had. Basically he could remember everything he ever read. I've got a character who would suit that...

Unfortunately that Grace has already been taken. Page 2, Savien.

I think any of the kingdoms are up for that, but might I suggest Asene (one of the twin daughters), as it needs some people.

@Mistress Dizzy If you need ideas, there are a number of defensive Gracelings (although I'd guess instinct could be both; shout-out to Robyn for potentially carrying the group with great archery), an offensive one might be good? (just a suggestion of course~ don't let me hinder creative juices)
Actually Robyn's is kinda lame in the fact that he never needs to sleep. Idk if insomnia actually counts as a grace. Does make him a little strange though. People who never sleep learn a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
Dangit! I missed someone's profile!

Hmm... Ok...

Okay, I do have another idea for a Grace. I think. Having a skill with music. Being able to play and sing almost anything. A voice that... well, it defies description. Can hit soprano and bass notes... can memorize music, can play many instruments with little to no practice...

Is that a good one?

I can make her a noble young woman and have ideas of how to make that particular Grace useful for spy work.

@LeVen Oops, I meant Eren xD;

I'd argue in favor for it though, I've always been under the impression some people handle sleep deprivation differently than others, and by extension better than others? I knew a guy who spent three days straight (willingly) by playing Skyrim, meanwhile my record is barely 48 hours (and we're talking several near slip-ups), so I think not needing to sleep could be argued as a heightened talent.

Dangit! I missed someone's profile!

Hmm... Ok...

Okay, I do have another idea for a Grace. I think. Having a skill with music. Being able to play and sing almost anything. A voice that... well, it defies description. Can hit soprano and bass notes... can memorize music, can play many instruments with little to no practice...

Is that a good one?

I can make her a noble young woman and have ideas of how to make that particular Grace useful for spy work.
That could work.

So... you want my character to be a daughter or relative of one of the... twin princesses?

Am I getting that right?

So... you want my character to be a daughter or relative of one of the... twin princesses?

Am I getting that right?
It was just a suggestion. When you mentioned:
Asene has openings for princesses, if you'd like to take the place of one, but any kingdom can have a simple noble. While we need some people from Asene, you don't have to have a character from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.