Graceling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what that post was ^ but alright.

-Pokes the quiet thread- So...anyone else read all the books besides the first one? I read three...I don't know if there are more. Graceling, Fire, and Bitterblue

N A M E:
Savien

T I T L E / R A N K:
Seventh Prince; Illegitimate Child

A G E:
Eleven

G E N D E R:
Male

C O U R T:
Osion

A L L E G I A N C E:
Currently Undecided (For good reason)

A P P E A R A N C E:
One of the first few things you will notice of the young prince, is how uncharacteristically pale his skin, would be due to the lack of melamine in his body, with light blonde hair-almost white, streaked with brown; the tips of his hair curling, giving him a messy tousled look. Plump lips, accentuated delicate slight upturned nose, a natural blush in his cheeks, perfectly shaped brows with large beautiful eyes, or rather eye due to the fact he wears an eye patch so they would be unable to discern whether he is a graceling or not due to personal reasons, one has a minty ice blue color while if one were able to see would be purple iris; With such effeminate features, one would not so easily discern Savien's gender, who has an overall androgynous appearance, his slim frame not helping him even if he would argue that he is still in a middle of growing.
P E R S O N A L I T Y:
Savien, like every other being out there, has a complex personality. He has a natural snobbish, arrogant personality while retaining a childish playfulness. He is highly ignorant and inexperienced, in what you may say the real world and to make matters worse, he is narcissistic and think of himself to know better than himself, though he is apparently not all talk at all. Savien is a highly intelligent young boy, maybe even more so than most grown men, with exceptionally sharp memory with wit. He is a curious individual who yearns to learn more, especially the world he has yet to explore because of his background, he tends to be more easily fascinated in most things people would take granted, and has a highly adventurous spirit which shows his more childish side. He is clueless of people suffering, or even the fact that you need money to live which would end up people resenting him or deeply misunderstanding Savien, who has no complete idea on how to interact with other people in the first place, and would act most likely based on the books in his library of his ideals. Unexpectedly, even though he can be seen as a bright and cheerful though overbearing, Savien also is unable to comprehend emotions especially such as loneliness and sadness, which he has been ignoring throughout his life, and yearns for a bit of affection of others despite not knowing how. At the moment, he places himself above all the others and does not care for others. He could also be described as cowardly, hiding behind his arrogance, pretending he does not care at all, of his origins nor his parents and never actually braving himself to breaking the unspoken rule of never leaving the mansion, and face the world outside. There are times when he would have a more mature attitude, and is not all ignorant and can be quite observant sometimes, having realizations and be more understanding of what is going on. Savien moves between a snobby know-it-all brat and to a more adult figure struggling his own fears.
G R A C E:
memory
Savien has the grace of memory, the ability to recall almost anything perfectly which would explain his extraordinary intelligence. He is able to read very fast, and remember anything he once read, or seen, or taste, his brain a vault of knowledge. Once, Savien was watching the cook make dinner, he is able to perfectly recall all his movements and the ingredients and amount. He knows to differentiate all the faces of all the servants. He is able to recall events (of history) in perfect order, from what he has read or seen. Downside, if he were to eat something horrible, he will never forget the taste and able to recall it perfectly as if tasting it again; If one were to be killed in front of him, he will never forget how exactly it happened, and how it would appear. Based on his personality, these things would come back to haunt him, as he is actually unexpectedly soft-hearted.

H I S T O R Y:
He lives in a mansion, far from civilization, in a middle of nowhere, in a forest with maids and servants, serving his every need. Savien never knew a world outside, which would explain his pale appearance but despite living a well-off, but in terms of company he had none. All the servants would not talk to him, pretending he does not exist, despite tending his every need. When he is sick, there is no one to comfort him. In the large lonely house, he calls home, his only world, the only things close enough to be his company are books, they were his only friend. In all truth, a child such as Savien was never supposed to exist. He was born in one of the King's weaker moments. Drunk and completely Enthralled with Savien's mother's beauty, who wanted to make her, his. Using his power as the King, forced her with him. When he noticed what he has done could be used against him, stating she bewitched him with her witchcraft, he ordered that Savien's mother and Savien, who has yet to be born, to be killed before any would be aware of Savien's existence. It was only due to the kind Queen managed to spare Savien, at the very least, however his existence must never be known to public, and the Queen made extra measures to protect the child, in case the King would have a change of mind, and want to use Savien especially once he was figured to be a graceling, letting him wear an eye patch, for how long Savien has remembered. Thus, Savien, only world ever known is the large mansion. It explains why the servants are afraid of communicating with him, because of their fear of the King. He is unaware of his status, nor who is taking care of him, and only cares of whether they would supply him his next books to read, which is favorite thing to do. Having spent all of his life isolated in with little else to do, he is proficiently educated in literature, and talented in almost all areas such as music and even more advanced subjects like astronomy, though he enjoys creating little traps for his servants from time to time to time, to pass time in the large house. He would often watch through the window, imagining what it would be like to be in the world outside.

O C C U P A T I O N:
None

O T H E R:
inexperience
One could not describe how terribly inexperienced Savien is, of the world. In otherwords, he had everything given to him in a silver platter. There was nothing for him to ever worry about. He is unaware of the conflict going on, and only knows what is written in his books. This could also be said in how he does not know in how to interact with others. This would prove to be very frustrating to his future companions, with added point on how he acts that he knows everything despite in reality, he does not. He has reads wars, but never know how they are truly like. He has read poverty, but not knowing what it is truly like. He has never experienced hardship nor any idea of pain.
knowledge
Everything Savien knows, is from the books he has read in his library, which he basically have almost read everything; from Royal History to Medicine to even Children's story so basically he has knowledge of based on context, but not of the real world. He is highly independent on the knowledge of the books he's read, as he considered them to be the only thing he can trust, though through reading different books who had ideas, he can only conclude facts. From the same books, he has read of a courageous traveler who has seen many things and saved a kingdom, which is currently his aspirations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only read the first, which is pretty much what any basing of this roleplay is on.

Sorry I've been a bit absent. I've been working on other things, and waiting for CS's. I'll probably try to make a banner and stick up an ad to try and get a few more people but I think we can work quite well with what we've got.

@aeterna I'll read that in a bit. I've got to go shower and run some quick chores.

N A M E:
Savien

T I T L E / R A N K:
Seventh Prince

A G E:
Eleven

G E N D E R:
Male

C O U R T:
Osion

A L L E G I A N C E:
Currently Undecided (For good reason)

A P P E A R A N C E:
One of the first few things you will notice of the young prince, is how uncharacteristically pale his skin, would be due to the lack of melamine in his body, with light blonde hair-almost white, streaked with brown; the tips of his hair curling, giving him a messy tousled look. Plump lips, accentuated delicate slight upturned nose, a natural blush in his cheeks, perfectly shaped brows with large beautiful eyes, or rather eye due to the fact he wears an eye patch so they would be unable to discern whether he is a graceling or not due to personal reasons, one has a minty ice blue color while if one were able to see would be purple iris; With such effeminate features, one would not so easily discern Savien's gender, who has an overall androgynous appearance, his slim frame not helping him even if he would argue that he is still in a middle of growing.
P E R S O N A L I T Y:
Savien, like every other being out there, has a complex personality. He has a natural snobbish, arrogant personality while retaining a childish playfulness. He is highly ignorant and inexperienced, in what you may say the real world and to make matters worse, he is narcissistic and think of himself to know better than himself, though he is apparently not all talk at all. Savien is a highly intelligent young boy, maybe even more so than most grown men, with exceptionally sharp memory with wit. He is a curious individual who yearns to learn more, especially the world he has yet to explore because of his background, he tends to be more easily fascinated in most things people would take granted, and has a highly adventurous spirit which shows his more childish side. He is clueless of people suffering, or even the fact that you need money to live which would end up people resenting him or deeply misunderstanding Savien, who has no complete idea on how to interact with other people in the first place, and would act most likely based on the books in his library of his ideals. Unexpectedly, even though he can be seen as a bright and cheerful though overbearing, Savien also is unable to comprehend emotions especially such as loneliness and sadness, which he has been ignoring throughout his life, and yearns for a bit of affection of others despite not knowing how. At the moment, he places himself above all the others and does not care for others. He could also be described as cowardly, hiding behind his arrogance, pretending he does not care at all, of his origins nor his parents and never actually braving himself to breaking the unspoken rule of never leaving the mansion, and face the world outside. There are times when he would have a more mature attitude, and is not all ignorant and can be quite observant sometimes, having realizations and be more understanding of what is going on. Savien moves between a snobby know-it-all brat and to a more adult figure struggling his own fears.
G R A C E:

memory
Currently unaware, he is graced. Savien has the grace of memory, the ability to recall almost anything perfectly which would explain his extraordinary intelligence. He is able to read very fast, and remember anything he once read, or seen, or taste, his brain a vault of knowledge. He can decode ciphers with more ease than most. Once, Savien was watching the cook make dinner, he is able to perfectly recall all his movements and the ingredients and amount. He knows to differentiate all the faces of all the servants. He is able to recall events (of history) in perfect order. Downside, if he were to eat something horrible, he will never forget the taste and able to recall it perfectly as if tasting it again; If one were to be killed in front of him, he will never forget how exactly it happened, and how it would appear. Based on his personality, these things would come back to haunt him, as he is actually unexpectedly soft-hearted.

H I S T O R Y:
He lives in a mansion, far from civilization, in a middle of nowhere, in a forest with maids and servants, serving his every need. Savien never knew a world outside, which would explain his pale appearance but despite living a well-off, but in terms of company he had none. All the servants would not talk to him, pretending he does not exist, despite tending his every need. When he is sick, there is no one to comfort him. In the large lonely house, he calls home, his only world, the only things close enough to be his company are books, they were his only friend. In all truth, a child such as Savien was never supposed to exist. He was born in one of the King's weaker moments. Drunk and completely Enthralled with Savien's mother's beauty, who wanted to make her, his. Using his power as the King, forced her with him. When he noticed what he has done could be used against him, stating she bewitched him with her witchcraft, he ordered that Savien's mother and Savien, who has yet to be born, to be killed before any would be aware of Savien's existence. It was only due to the kind Queen managed to spare Savien, at the very least, however his existence must never be known to public, and the Queen made extra measures to protect the child, in case the King would have a change of mind, and want to use Savien especially once he was figured to be a graceling, letting him wear an eye patch, for how long Savien has remembered. Thus, Savien, only world ever known is the large mansion. It explains why the servants are afraid of communicating with him, because of their fear of the King. He is unaware of his status, nor who is taking care of him, and only cares of whether they would supply him his next books to read, which is favorite thing to do. Having spent all of his life isolated in with little else to do, he is proficiently educated in literature, and talented in almost all areas such as music and even more advanced subjects like astronomy, though he enjoys creating little traps for his servants from time to time to time, to pass time in the large house. He would often watch through the window, imagining what it would be like to be in the world outside.
(I'm thinking of either he would be rescued by someone, or they will take refuge in his home. I'm still debating.)

O C C U P A T I O N:
Prince

O T H E R:
inexperience
One could not describe how terribly inexperienced Savien is, of the world. In otherwords, he had everything given to him in a silver platter. There was nothing for him to ever worry about. He is unaware of the conflict going on, and only knows what is written in his books. This could also be said in how he does not know in how to interact with others. This would prove to be very frustrating to his future companions, with added point on how he acts that he knows everything despite in reality, he does not. He has reads wars, but never know how they are truly like. He has read poverty, but not knowing what it is truly like. He has never experienced hardship nor any idea of pain.
knowledge
Everything Savien knows, is from the books he has read in his library, which he basically have almost read everything; from Royal History to Medicine to even Children's story so basically he has knowledge of based on context, but not of the real world. He is highly independent on the knowledge of the books he's read, as he considered them to be the only thing he can trust, though through reading different books who had ideas, he can only conclude facts. From the same books, he has read of a courageous traveler who has seen many things and saved a kingdom, which is currently his aspirations.
( Note: If you have problem with it or something, don't hesitate to tell me ^^ )
Solving ciphers, I believe, would have little to do with a memory Grace. He would be able to remember ciphers he'd cracked before and could use them for his own purposes, but wouldn't be able to solve them any easier than an ordinary person.

As far as recalling events of history, I figure as long as he's read about them, he can remember them. If he's heard/learned about them, the same. But he can't just know them. He had to have learnt them from somewhere.

He technically wouldn't be considered a prince if he was a bastard child. Of royal blood, yes. But it would have to be remembered that he is an illegitimate child, and thus will never get the throne unless all the legit heirs somehow die. You don't have to change anything for this, as in some ways he is still a prince by birth, but he would likely not be called "Prince Savien" by anyone other than the Queen who cares about him. It'd be more likely he would lack a title (in the case that the population doesn't know of his existence) or his title would be "Lord" or "Sir" Savien.

I'm also going to assume the Osion king has several illegit children if Savien is the seventh of his children- just for backstory purposes.

As for dragging him into the present story, I do have a few ideas to introduce him to the other characters, if you're interested.

Solving ciphers, I believe, would have little to do with a memory Grace. He would be able to remember ciphers he'd cracked before and could use them for his own purposes, but wouldn't be able to solve them any easier than an ordinary person.

As far as recalling events of history, I figure as long as he's read about them, he can remember them. If he's heard/learned about them, the same. But he can't just know them. He had to have learnt them from somewhere.

He technically wouldn't be considered a prince if he was a bastard child. Of royal blood, yes. But it would have to be remembered that he is an illegitimate child, and thus will never get the throne unless all the legit heirs somehow die. You don't have to change anything for this, as in some ways he is still a prince by birth, but he would likely not be called "Prince Savien" by anyone other than the Queen who cares about him. It'd be more likely he would lack a title (in the case that the population doesn't know of his existence) or his title would be "Lord" or "Sir" Savien.

I'm also going to assume the Osion king has several illegit children if Savien is the seventh of his children- just for backstory purposes.

As for dragging him into the present story, I do have a few ideas to introduce him to the other characters, if you're interested.
I totally agree, found it a bit awkward when I put it there.

Yeah, I need to clarify that.

I already put illegitimate child but for some reason I erased it; I think I'll erase the title.

So besides that, are we have no problems with his character?

I'm PM you?

I totally agree, found it a bit awkward when I put it there.

Yeah, I need to clarify that.

I already put illegitimate child but for some reason I erased it; I think I'll erase the title.

So besides that, are we have no problems with his character?

I'm PM you?
Yeah it's good.

I have one question. How is he unaware that he has a Grace. Has he never looked in a mirror? Everyone is taught to have the knowledge of people with two colored eyes to be graced

I have one question. How is he unaware that he has a Grace. Has he never looked in a mirror? Everyone is taught to have the knowledge of people with two colored eyes to be graced
There's no mirror? Lawl, joke.
I honestly did not think about this through.

Oh wow, I think he's aware of the grace, since their part of history but at the same time, he's only a child.
The servants, who fear interacting him, when grooming him, would not want to looking at him especially his eyes, as much as possible.
Graceling seem to be hated enough as it, much more when he bring a possibility of facing the wrath of the king.
I think there is one time, he would not have worn the eyepatch which caused a commotion with the servants even though he was still not graced.
Then I believe he realized that he should never take it off or look at his eyes (avoiding to look at mirrors or his reflection especially when he bathes)
Savien is already being ignored, he didn't want to be treated like a monster.
At some point, he grew attached and would feel naked without it.
Around this time, he was probably graced then.

I assumed you meant that he knew he had a Grace, just not what it was.

I assumed you meant that he knew he had a Grace, just not what it was.
I think he knows but does not understand, in a sense, he knows he has a grace, not knowing what it is, but it has not sink in yet
since the purpose of the eyepatch is to keep others not knowing he is graced, so he too, pretends he is not.

Reactions: Rainjay
-Pokes the quiet thread- So...anyone else read all the books besides the first one? I read three...I don't know if there are more. Graceling, Fire, and Bitterblue
I read all three. ^^ I think I finished Bitterblue a couple years ago, and as far as I know, there's only three out.

Yep, only three.

Okedoke I'll be trying to get the IC up today!

My entire post was "I tried" DX I forgot how bad I am at writing first posts on a thread.

People still here?

So quieett

Im waiting to reply. Dont wanna clutter the IC thread with back and forth without other people posting @.@

Im waiting to reply. Dont wanna clutter the IC thread with back and forth without other people posting @.@
It's totally alright. I'm trying to set things up so we can get Savien and another character involved in the story. It helps since we have no Asene characters (yet anyway) but I need a chance to set the beginning of actual action.

orz, I wasn't sure how to reply the first time. I'm not sure how to insert my character in again and I might wait until someone notices him :cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.