Gotta Catch 'em all! (Private RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlynn was startled by the sudden clapping as she came in the gateway. Looking up, she saw Aaron. She blushed a little as she came up to him. "Thanks...It means a lot. Your battling is a lot better though...I'd like to improve even more. I usually just use my own strategy, not counting what my pokemon can naturally do. But I'm glad Weavile did what she wanted 90 percent of the time. Because what she did helped me to help her win...Things like that...Maybe I'm just thinking too much..." She blushed harder, knowing she was talking way too much and probably annoying him.

Aaron chuckled lightly. "That's quite alright. I like hearing about others accomplishments. If you have some time, I can show you some strategies you can use with your Pokemon." He suggested. He did find her cute and he loved to work with new Pokemon.

Ember's eyes lit up.

"Really? I would love that so much! It would have to be after this tournament however. I have my battle that decides if I go into the semi-finals in about 30 or so minutes so I need to go take care of my pokemon.
Do you have a battle coming up or do you have some time where you could come with me and give me few pointers before my battle?"

She hoped and prayed that he would say yes.

"Actually I do have some time. I can come give you some pointers." Aaron loved helping other people. He wanted her to be her best because she wanted to be her best. His mother always helped him and he wanted to help others like she did.

Emberlynn smiled.

"Thank you so much Aaron! I only have 30 minutes, but teach me all you can in that time!" taking his hand, she dragged him to a open, grassy area where she could let out her pokemon with ease, but she waited to see what kind of pointers he had.

"I'm your student for 20 minutes! Teach me!"

Aaron was shocked by how energetic she was. He chuckles before saying, "ok. Show me you working with One of your Pokemon." He called Leafeon over to help him out. Leafeon was acting like a diva and walked over like she was a superstar, which made Aaron roll his eyes.

Emberlynn called over Jolt.

"What do you want me to do? Battle you? I'm unsure of what you want me to show you!" Emberlynn looked a little confused as Jolt trotted over to her side. She squatted down to pet Jolt and looked up at Aaron, looking for some sort of direction.

(Sorry I'm writing small amounts)

"Just do a basic attack. I want to show you new ways for your Pokemon to move instead of just regular dodges." Aaron said. He petted Leafeon before telling her to get ready. She walked a little forward and looked at Jolteon with a smirk.

A light went on in Emberlynn's brain.

"Oh, ok! Sorry...Jolt Quick Attack!" Jolt dashed foward, showing off his speed. He swiftly executed his attack, quickly returning back to Emberlynn's side. She patted his head, smiling.
"Is that what you were looking for? What do I do now?" She looked at Aaron Expectantly.

"Now watch this. Leafeon, Quick Attack!" Aaron commanded. Leafeon responded and took off. She went straight of Jolteon. Before she got close to hurt him, she did a flip over him and finished the attack on the other side. Aaron smiled, proud of his Pokemon.

Emberlynn watched in awe as his leafeon did the same attack, but moved differently in case of an unexpected frontal attack. Emberlynn applauded.

"Your Leafeon is more well trained then mine back at home....How did you teach her how to do something like that? Is she a contest pokemon as well?"

That seemed like the only explanation for how his leafeon just moved, but then again, Aaron was pulling all sorts of tricks with his pokemon out of his hat. There was a possibility that he didn't teach them this and they just do it cause they want to or that he did teach them this and now that they know how to do it and do it instinctively by reading the opponent pokemon's body language? Many possibilities went through her brain as she spoke up to Aaron.

"What did you do in order for her to do that?"

"I let her come up with it." Aaron answered and he chuckled after seeing Emberlynns confused look. "See. Couple of years ago, I was battling a gym leader and I performed a quick attack with her thinking that that my opponents was down for the count. But just as she was about to hit him, he awoke and punch her hard. She was badly hurt and I wanted to come up with ways so that if that happened again, we'd be prepared. So we all come up with ideas and Manetric is the one that came up with the flip trick." Manetric roared a bit with pride.

Emberlynn nodded, taking all this in.

"So he developed away that if the Quick attack looked like it wouldn't work that he could easily stop himself and get out of the way before the next attack huh? Very clever! Your pokemon are super smart! Maybe me and my pokemon can come up with our own ways to do that.....Hmm...Oh, any more pointers for us before we go into battle in like, 5 minutes?"

She took note of what Aaron had shown her, ready to use these techniques, but in her own ways during the next battle she was in.

He thought for a minute of what he could say in 5 minutes. "Well sometimes I don't give commands. I let then fight in their own." He treated his Pokemon like family. So that meant he let them think like family members. They were his only family after all.

Emberlynn sighed.

"So letting them do what they want sometimes isn't a bad thing. Some people say it is bad to let them do what they want, but letting them do whatever they want sometimes is a good thing. That's good to know. You know, you've helped me out a lot. Thank you! I've gotta run, hope you can watch my battle, if not, good luck on your own battle!" she ran over to him and placed a kiss on his cheek. She then ran to her next battle after quickly switching out the pokemon she was using. She apologized to Houndoom and Weavile as she placed them in the PC for a short time. She took out her other two pokemon that would be a big help to her during this battle. She was definitely using Gyarados as one of her pokemon, but for the other two, she chose a ground type and another water type. She pulled out her trusty Krokorok and her Feraligatr. She tried to let out each and every one of her pokemon out as much as she could, but these two hadn't been pulled out in a while. She sent them out, seeing if they were still keen on listening to her.

"I'm so sorry guys...Forgive me for keeping you in those pokeballs for so long...can we battle together today?" They both hugged her, almost crushing her. She laughed when the let go and she called them back in so she could use them in the battle. She arrived and the bell rang almost immediately to begin. The fire trainer first sent out a charizard. Gyarados was her first choice for this one. Charizard immediately flew into the air and fired a Flamethrower at Gyarados. Gyarados Fired a Hydropump at the ground, propeling it off the ground just enough to dodge the attack. Emberlynn was impressed. Her pokemon were getting the hang of doing things on their own.

"Ok Gyarados, show him another Hydro pump with all you got!" He shot down the charizard easily.

His other pokemon were easily taken down. His Pignite lost in a battle of might against Krokorok and his Darmanitan fell to Feraligatr. She ran over and hugged them, praising them for using their own wit matched with hers to win! She left the field feeling accomplished!

Aaron blushed as she kissed him on the cheek and left to go to her battle. Arcanine saw the kiss and gave Aaron the love look. Aaron saw this and laughed. "Oh stop it!" He said. Suddenly he heard his name being called for the next battle. He felt bad that he couldn't go watch Emberlynn battle and hoped she wouldn't be upset at him.

Before going to the field, he went the PC to switch out his Pokemon for some others. He wished with all his heart that he didn't have to have only six at a time. He felt like he was abandoning them when he sent them through that machine. His next opponent was an electric Pokemon trainer and he didn't want his Marill or Pilloswine to get hurt. Before putting them through the machine, he took a few minutes to give some loving and kind words for them to remember until he got them back. They were sad to leave him but they understood why he was doing it. Soon he received his Lavitar and Cubone. He let them out to see them and they were ecstatic.

After the reunion, they headed to the field. The match didn't last long at all. Lavitar did his digs which was his speciality and Cubone used his bone as a boomerang. Victory was own and Aaron hugged his ground Pokemon.

Emberlynn ran to Aaron's gate just as his battle got over.

"Dang, i missed it...But guess what? I'm in the semi-finals! I hope you got to the semi-finals because I really want to see you there! Oh and Come with me! I want to introduce you to two of my other pokemon!"

She grabbed his wrist and dragged him out to an open field just outside the arena. She sent out the pokemon she had needed to win against the fire user, her Krokorok and her Feraligatr. They came out and gave Ember another hug again. She hugged them back and turned them to see Aaron. They gave big goofy grins as she introduced them.

"Krockorok, Feraligatr, this is Aaron, my new friend!"

Aaron started to apologize for missing her battle but then he was suddenly whisked away to another arena. Then he realized Ember wanted to show him something. He saw two Pokemon came out and smiled. "Wow! They look awesome!" He commented. "And yes. I'm in the semi-finals too." He said, finally able to answer her question.

Emberlynn smiled and cheered.

"That's so great! I hope they pair us for battle! I definitely want to battle you! I also want to thank you for the pointers before my last match. It really helped me get to the semi-finals...so thanks!" she walked over to him, this time, placing a kiss on his lips. A short and quick one, smiling at him afterwards. Her Krokorok walked over to him, eyeing him and looking him over. He then extended his paw. Emberlynn watched Krokorok's behavior as she had never seen him do this before. Krokorok was abused in the last party he was in, so it was hard for him to warm up to anyone anytime soon. But it was unusual for Krokorok to warm up to someone so quickly. A tear fell from her eye. Krokorok was finally warming up to others. She was so happy. Emberlynn waited to see what Aaron would do.

Aaron smiled as she thanked him for all his help and before he could say your welcome, he was suddenly kissed. He was surprised that that happened so quick. Did this girl really just kiss him? He snapped out of it when Krokorok walked up to him. "Why hello there." He said with a smile and knelt down to it's level. When he extended his paw, Aaron gently took his paw and shook it. "Nice to meet you too." Aaron looked at Emberlynn to ask her what his story was but then he frowned, seeing a tear run down her face. "What's wrong? Are you ok?" He asked with a worried look. He stood back and went over to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.