God Is On His Knees (Signups/OOC) (Accepting!)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Should the knights be wearing their full armor or be wearing more casual clothing?

At the event they'd be in a ceremonial armour: cloaks, no helmets, embroidered cloth over the chainmail etc etc ^^ Nobody wants to see someone fully ready for battle hanging around the buffet ;)

Or at least that's what I'd assume. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: GoodEveningClarice
Everyone is doing fine~ once the older princess makes her appearance the king will arrive with a little more direction.

At the event they'd be in a ceremonial armour: cloaks, no helmets, embroidered cloth over the chainmail etc etc ^^ Nobody wants to see someone fully ready for battle hanging around the buffet ;)

Or at least that's what I'd assume. ^^
Ah. Makes sense.

Question: Should the knights be wearing their full armor or be wearing more casual clothing?
More casual clothing. In medieval Europe, armor was usually worn on the battlefield by knights and left on their stands when at court. Court is where knights get to show off their finery, after all, a knight was a part of nobility mostly on behalf of not being a peasant, but he wasn't in charge of lands or holdings. That's a different issue altogether though.

And even ceremonial armor is heavy. Would you really want to be standing around in it all day? ;)

Yes. Back on page four, I believe.
Okay, good. Thanks! I was going to feel bad for making a nun while the other sister was still up in the air. xD

*goes back to making her Meryl Streep Nun"

Meryl Streep nun is so exciting. And yeah, ceremonial armor or even more casual. Doesn't much matter to me.

More casual clothing. In medieval Europe, armor was usually worn on the battlefield by knights and left on their stands when at court. Court is where knights get to show off their finery, after all, a knight was a part of nobility mostly on behalf of not being a peasant, but he wasn't in charge of lands or holdings. That's a different issue altogether though.

And even ceremonial armor is heavy. Would you really want to be standing around in it all day? ;)
Indeed, but in a court where the King is intending to "burn his enemies out of their holes" I'd assume they'd step it up a bit. The Knights here are acting as a security force. That's not saying they'd be built up like Juggernauts but light chainmail and decorative over-dressings wouldn't be too out of the question, I think. Plus, it adds a nice fantasy element.

But that's just me.

I have made my first post. Until there's more interaction between the guests or more Knights sign-up or post that was the best I could do ^.^ Sorry if it's terrible. I wrote it all during my college class. Forgive me!

iv9z01.gif
No, it was amazing~ ;3 No worries.

Since the Knight Commander spot isn't taken... may I?

Since the Knight Commander spot isn't taken... may I?
As in Captain of the Royal Guard? If so then that is me.

On the same note, I'd like my name to be listed as Captain of the Royal Guard, please.

@O|NoSoul: If you want to play a big Knight Guy (or Gal), Pinefell needs a Captain of the Guard of sorts. Elric could use some protection and friends. :)

EDIT: I am finishing the series of Breaking Bad. Got a few more episodes left and then I have a test to study for. Will be posted afterward. :) NO SPOILERS ON BREAKING BAD IF YOU'VE SEEN IT AND CHOOSE TO RESPOND TO ME.

@O|NoSoul: If you want to play a big Knight Guy (or Gal), Pinefell needs a Captain of the Guard of sorts. Elric could use some protection and friends. :)

EDIT: I am finishing the series of Breaking Bad. Got a few more episodes left and then I have a test to study for. Will be posted afterward. :) NO SPOILERS ON BREAKING BAD IF YOU'VE SEEN IT AND CHOOSE TO RESPOND TO ME.
IT WAS ALL A WEIRD COMA DREAM AND BRIAN CRANSTON WAKES BACK UP IN MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE

And Pinefell may get their (wo)man.

Still looking for a suitable picture for little ol' servant lad/lass. I would've used Arya but I don't think she's 18.

I sadly don't watch Breaking Bad. So I don't know what's going on. XD

It's okay, Cromical. Neither do I. Apparently, according to everybody else existing on this planet, that is incredibly weird and odd. Aren't we the lucky delinquents? :3

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
It's okay, Cromical. Neither do I. Apparently, according to everybody else existing on this planet, that is incredibly weird and odd. Aren't we the lucky delinquents? :3
Yes, indeed we are. Breaking Bad just.. I don't know. I don't have any interests in that type of show so.. I just never watched it xD

Reactions: VengefulPeanut
Status
Not open for further replies.