God Is On His Knees (Signups/OOC) (Accepting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GoodEveningClarice

Original poster
Welcome To The King's Court

Beautiful-Castles14.jpg
Roles Filled: 18/24

Setting:

God Is On His Knees is set vaguely in Medieval Europe. Our court intrigue will take place in the fictional nation of Vanqland. It's not much different from England, Spain, or France at the time but is a sort of melding pot of the nations. The culture is rich and unique and known for being especially brutal when it comes to power struggle. Vanqland is located in Central Europe and has a lush forests and fertile soil as well as some of the best hunting among the nations. It has no access to the sea but is plentiful in rivers and lakes to provide fish and fresh water. There are mountains sheltering the Northern half of the country making it near impossible to invade from above and the Southern borders are heavily occupied with forts and noble land holdings. Vanqland finds itself in a time of external peace, but internally a war wages for power, favor, and even love.

Plot:

The plot for this roleplay will be fairly loose in the beginning. The King is holding court in hopes of finding suitors for his two youngest daughters but is also intending to root out his enemies. Why might the King have enemies, you ask? Well, rumor has it that King is a practicing pagan, possibly a demon worshiper, and that both of his beautiful daughters have been involved in rituals of some variety The Kingdom is largely Catholic and thus many of the nobles may not be too keen on the idea of their King, so famous for his brutality in war, does not follow their God. The King will not stand for opposition nor plottings against him. He will burn his enemies from their holes like vipers and he will secure his bloodline in his daughters' marriages. Come to court, the invitation read, come to court and forget your troubles for the Summer.

As the plot progresses, there may be a civil war in the future or an invasion with outside country. I'm more than open to ideas!
Fantasy Elements:
To add additional intrigue, I want fantasy elements included in this roleplay. I'm more than open to your ideas and your characters being more than human. I do not want this to be Percy Jackson or Twilight though, so I will exercise discretion where I see fit.

So Far:
Unicorns are rare trustworthy mounts
It is rumored phae live in the woods surrounding the palace (NPCs only for now)
Someone thinks there is a vampire at court
The King and his daughters may not be human
The King may be consorting with demons or dark deities

The Rules
1. Iwaku's Rules Apply

2. No godmodding/power playing/Mary or Gary Sues (duh)

3. Romance is allowed and encouraged. Pre-existing relationships are also completely fine. Want to be the King's mistress (male or female) let me know! Like the look of someone's character? Send them a PM! As long as it isn't without the character owner's permission I don't care what you do. Oh, and sexy times are to be taken to private message unless you're a minor and then they will be taken no where!

4. Violence and combat are bound to come up at some point. I recommend talking out how the fight will go before hand. Be realistic and if someone ends up dying, you are more than welcome to make a new character.

5. I reserve the right to reject characters for any reason but if I believe they can be saved I will advise you on how to edit them.

6. Multiple characters are fine but for now let's cap it at 2 characters per player.

7. Want some secrets going down? Pm me! Want to suggest a plot point? PM me! Have an idea for a character that goes beyond what's listed above? Just ask!

8. The role cap is currently at 20 but I'm more than happy to raise it once we get things going.

9. Forgot this up there, I want at least a couple of solid paragraphs per post unless it's dialogue or combat. Please post as often as you can.

10. Ummm. Yeah. Have fun?

Last edited by a moderator:
The CS- Feel free to jazz it up with gifs or colors or whatever as long as the skeleton remains intact and the info is there. You can also add categories but do not remove any.

Name:
Title: (N/A for non nobility or military)
Relationship Status:

Species:

Appearance: (Real pictures only! I prefer actors or models so please no ripping off someone's myspace picture. )
Height:
Weight:
Clothing: (You can use pictures, there's tons of great time period appropriate outfits out there)
Distinguishing Features: (Moles, tattoos (better have a good reason), piercings, memorable defects etc)

Holdings: (If noble or military explain their land holding, population, any resources they provide to the King, or just what they specialize in)
House Emblem: (A coat of arms or their banner or whatever they use)
Notable relations: (Are you kin to another character or an NPC of note? For relations to other characters, including the King, ask first)
Military Might: (Explain how much of threat militarily you are)
Loyalties: (Is your house loyal to the crown, itself, The Church, etc)

Bio: (If there's something mysterious don't include but let us know the general aspects of your character. Include general personality here as well. IF character isn't human, make sure to include how all that came to be.)
Religious Views: (Catholic, some variety of pagan, none, whatever.)

Combat abilities: (If you're a 5'4 daughter of a noble whose main skill is needlepoint, I don't expect to see much here)
Skills: (riding, needle point, singing, diplomacy, whatever)

Other: (Anything that isn't included above)

OOC - Mind if I be the youngest princess? -

Title:
Princess Lilith Monroe Fairway

Sexuality:
Demisexual.

Relationship Status:
Single

Species:
Most likely human.

Ellen-ellen-page-1336323-980-1442.jpg

o - o

Lilith Monroe Fairway.

Height:
5'1"

Weight:
130 lbs

Clothing:
o o o.

Distinguishing Features:
A small, moon-like birthmark on her left wrist. Moon.

Holdings:
Lilith holds a small seal, created from a long forgotten kingdom that had been destroyed before her own time. Within the Seal, it gives her small voices in her head that'll either kill her, or save her life. Once married, she will be given the king's ancestral lands.

House Emblem:
Two black pegasuses in rearing in protection or combat.

Notable relations:
Illia Von Bachland - Friend.
Gerald Sake Militia. - Friend
King Maximus Fairway - Father.

Military Might:
Lilith, herself, doesn't hold any Military Armies. The king has complete control over them. She never bothered learning exactly what else The king had earned and ruled over.

Bio:
Lilith grew up with The king, her mother having died shortly after her birth. Still only a child, she has duties as a Princess, but when no one is looking, she disappears within a waterfall, only to learn how to fight from an old Military soldier. His name was Gerald Sake Militia, which was quite a strange name. He had retired from the Military almost ten years ago due to him having been injured within an assignment. He is now almost thirty, and usually stays hidden behind the 'Water fall.' Which he had found once looking for a home. He adores Lilith like a Daughter, and always seems to brighten up whenever she comes to practice. When inside the castle, she acts childish, not very serious half the time. That of course, is an act to keep people away from her. Becoming serious, really doesn't interest her, plus marriage just isn't what she wants quite yet. Lilith always tends to go her own way, always disobeying The King and other high ranks. Lilith is a child of disobedience, and most try to tame her, which never works. She's an independent young woman.

To the town, and her family, she's just a mere itch in the tick. Lilith chooses to be that way, and honestly she enjoys it.. Kind of. Her actions are based on her reactions to people, if they are trying to marry her, then there is no way she'll act mature and nice towards them. But if they're just friends, she doesn't care and she'll be nice to them.

Lilith never really liked staying inside, she would usually sneak out to go outside and mess around with the 'Animals' and the young children of their town, but she always had to make sure she wore mens attire so she wouldn't ruin her dresses and causing her father to get angry. Well, there was no proof that he'd get mad, but she never had wanted to find out. The games she and the children played were usually quite humorous, with the princesses and princes, they reminded her of her childhood. Whilst her older sister stayed inside and acted Mature at a young age, Lilith would go outside and have fun.

With her kindness, she was usually treated with nice things. But then again, everyone was nice to each other.. Besides enemies, but that didn't concern her.

Her general disposition is loud and ignorant, and usually cannot do tasks given to her. She believes that she's pretty but doesn't do anything about it. She's smart when she wants to be, but only to disappoint, she acts like a child and usually gives the wrong answers.

Religious Views:
What has been told to Lilith, is some sort of demonic pagan of sorts. She doesn't really care, having not believing in any sort of religious gods.

Combat abilities:
Lilith has learned how to use a dagger, and wooden swords. She's able to through the dagger within ten feet away and mostly hit her targets.

Skills:
Dancing, Daggers, and her usual choice of personality. (( Able to change her act within seconds, and can practically be a totally different person. ))

Other:
Demisexuals are characterized by a lack of sexual attraction toward any person unless they become deeply emotionally or romantically connected with a specific person or persons. The level of connection it takes for sexual desire to form is dependent on how close the relationship is rather than initial attraction. It is an orientation that is not chosen.

WZjCAGT.gif

"You don't know what you've lost until you remember just how much it meant to you." - Lilith Monroe Fairway.

Reactions: VengefulPeanut
OOC - Mind if I be the youngest princess? -

Title:
Princess Lilith Monroe Fairway

Sexuality:
Demisexual.

Relationship Status:
Single

Species:
Human - A defenseless creature created within the world to cause either harm, or peace.

Ellen-ellen-page-1336323-980-1442.jpg

o o.

Lilith Monroe Fairway.

Height:
5'1"

Weight:
130 lbs

Clothing:
o o o.

Distinguishing Features:
Due to being human, she doesn't have much of anything special. Besides her Hazel eyes.

Holdings:
Lilith holds a small seal, created from a long forgotten kingdom that had been destroyed before her own time. Within the Seal, it gives her small voices in her head that'll either kill her, or save her life. Once married, she will be given the king's ancestral lands.

House Emblem:
Two black pegasuses in rearing in protection or combat.

Notable relations:
King Maximus Fairway. - Illa Von Bachland

Military Might:
Lilith, herself, doesn't hold any Military Armies. Her father has complete control over them. She never bothered learning exactly what else her father had.

Bio:
Lilith grew up with her Father, her mother having died shortly after her birth. Still only a child, she has duties as a Princess, but when no one is looking, she disappears within a waterfall, only to learn how to fight from an old Military soldier. When inside the castle, she acts childish, not very serious half the time. That of course, is an act to keep people away from her. Becoming serious, really doesn't interest her, plus marriage just isn't what she wants quite yet. Lilith always tends to go her own way, always disobeying her father and other high ranks.

Her general disposition is loud and ignorant, and usually cannot do tasks given to her. She believes that she's pretty but doesn't do anything about it. She's smart when she wants to be, but only to disappoint, she acts like a child and usually gives the wrong answers.

Religious Views:
What has been told to Lilith, is some sort of demonic pagan of sorts. She doesn't really care, having not believing in any sort of religious.

Combat abilities:
Lilith has learned how to use a dagger, and wooden swords. She's able to through the dagger within ten feet away and mostly hit her target.

Skills:
Dancing, Daggers, and her usual choice of personality. (( Able to change her act within seconds, and can practically be a totally different person. ))

Other:
N/A

WZjCAGT.gif

Looks pretty good other than that she wouldn't be related to Illia, she has no relation to the King. Other than that is looks good. Maybe a little more detail on the guy who is teaching her swordplay. Fix those little things and you are absolutely accepted!

Alright~

Honestly I wasn't exactly meaning family relation - Except for the king. For Illia, I was saying maybe.. A friendship kind of relationship. But they will be fixed~ Thank you!.

Oh okay! Just indicate friendship then I'm more than happy for them to be friends. Thanks for joining, I'm super excited :D invite your friends!

Oh okay! Just indicate friendship then I'm more than happy for them to be friends. Thanks for joining, I'm super excited :D invite your friends!
Alright! Anyways I fixed her up :3 Hopefully what I've changed works out~

-- Is creating a blog about this now *^*. And inviting friends. --

Reactions: GoodEveningClarice
Name:
Robert Bowman

Title:
Knight

Sexuality:
Heterosexual

Relationship Status:
Single

Species:
Human

Appearance:

Bradley-James-bradley-james-20701840-604-340.jpg

x - x - x

Height:
5ft 10in

Weight:
158lb

Clothing:
tumblr_mbl9keAeYp1qazddpo1_500.png

tumblr_mbj4xhHO5V1qazddpo1_500.png

250px-ArthurMerlinBBC.jpg

Distinguishing Features:
Shining blonde hair and crystal blue eyes.

Holdings:
As a Knight, Robert owns no land. He hasn't been in service of the King for very long and therefore has no holdings. His life is but to protect the Royal family.

House Emblem:
A dragon on it's roost breathing fire.

Notable relations:
None except the other Knights as brothers in arms.

Military Might:
As a Knight in the King's guard Robert is sworn by oath to protect the kingdom and its ruler. He poses no threat to the King except for if he became an oathbreaker.

Loyalties:
Robert and his kin are loyal to the crown. His family has always served in the Kingdom's best interests.

Bio:
Growing up as a member of a family in service to the crown, Robert was raised in the way of combat. His father was a Knight wounded long ago while serving under the command of General Maximus, the current king. Without the ability to fight, he focused on training his three sons. Robert, the youngest, excelled greatly in the ways of the sword and after displaying his skill in the local tourney when he beat his brother in the final he was offered a place in the King's guard. His eldest brother joined the military where as the middle brother became a wanderer. When Robert turned 20, his father succumbed to the long term effects of his injuries and passed away and, in her grief, his mother moved back to their original home in the countryside where she resided with her 2nd son. Robert, with his commitments to the crown, remained in the Capital but occasionally paid visit to them where as the eldest Brother rarely found reprieve from the military. Robert continues to serve the royal family closely and protects them both in the capital and on any excursions they partake in.

Robert has a very light-hearted approach to situations. Having being the youngest of three, he became quickly acclimatised to being the underdog and the bottom of the food chain. In times of severity he often falls back on humour and using such a defensive technique to keep people at a distance. Not given for relying on others for support, his independence sees him trying to take the world on on himself and he uses the skills he has gained to cement his victory in this endeavour.

Religious Views:
Robert gives little thought to the rulers up above. He is simply content to class himself as catholic but is open to variations in the mythos of the world.

Combat abilities:
Fluent in the ways of the sword, Robert's skill is above the average soldier's. He has trained with a blade in his hand since being a young a boy and the recent training he has received while being a Knight has only served to accentuate his abilities. While preferring to fight with a free hand, Robert has also adapted his fighting style to include a shield should the situation call for it and has training to an adept degree with blunt weaponry such as maces.

Skills:
Horse riding, lute playing, cooking.

Other:
N/A

tumblr_static_em9aq9diwj4sgcs04cos8sw8o.gif

I've been watching this thread since this morning to see if there would be any interest. I'm so stoked that there has been! Working on a character now! :) Probably a Duchess or Duke.

jason-momoa-game-of-thrones-the-red-road-gi1.jpg

Name:
Elric Massur

Title:
Duke of Pinecliff

Sexuality:
Heterosexual

Relationship Status:
Widower

Species:
Human

Height:
6'4" or 193cm

Weight:
214lbs or 97kg

Clothing:

Armor is silver and not nearly as decorative. He's not a Lannister, yo.

Distinguishing Features:
Scar across his left eyebrow, Various other scars in various places of his body (some more pronounced than others)

Holdings:
Pinecliff is a relatively large establishment in Northern Vanqland. It derives its name from the pine-trees that are harvested from the mountain side. It is one of the most wealthy establishments in Vanqland thanks to its specialty in providing most of the wood to the nation. It houses a population of 20,000 most of them able to live comfortably except for the few beggers in the street. Their motto is Strike True. The symbol is a Great Pine and the animal is a Great Bald Eagle

House Emblem:
Massur Coat of Arms
Banner consists of an eagle hovering a pine-tree on golden cloth.

Notable relations:
Not yet, but open to offers!

Military Might:
Pinecliff's military is 9,000 men strong. In times of need, another 2,000 can be gathered but that will greatly deplete Pinecliff's resources.

Loyalties:
Pinecliff is loyal to the crown unless the Massur's believe that their people are in danger. The current rumors toward the crown are starting to sway the Pinecliff's loyalty, though Elric Massur is currently at court to try and win the hand of one of the King's daughters.

Bio:
Elric was born during the WinterNacht, a winter that is infamous throughout Vanqland because of its terribly short days, frighteningly long nights, and the many lives that it claimed. Pinecliff was relatively safe during this time, having plenty of wood to eat their homes, but toward the end of the season, their trees were few thanks to supplying the timber throughout the land. As WinterNacht finally passed into Spring, Summer, and Autumn, Elric grew into a rambunctious young boy who always had a tree to climb and a horse to ride.

His mother, Evelyn of the Riverveil, was a beautiful woman of many virtues. She would talk and sing with her son and was known to say her piece in terms of diplomacy. His father, Aldis of Pinecliff, was a strong man of few joys. He would rather spend his time in the mountains than at home with his family and responsibilities. Rumors would run through Pinecliff of Aldis's lack of governance. This was fine with most of the individuals because that meant that Duchess Evelyn was taking the reins.

Grief fell on the family when Elric was five years old. His mother died while giving birth to his sister. His sister survived and in his parents' absence, Elric was given the responsibility of naming her and he decided on Edeva. As she grew older, Elric had the pleasure of educating her about the Pinecliffs and their mother. She was a beautiful girl who favored Evelyn as if they were meant to be twins. Unfortunately, Edeva had her father's temper and during an argument sliced at Elric's face with a dagger, forming the scar above his eye.

At 17, his father died during a logging accident. The responsibility as Duke of Pinecliffnow rested on Elric's shoulders. It was during that year that his 12 year old sister was to be married off to the Duke of SouthernHaven's nephew and he was to be married to his daughter, Nyrida. Nyrida was a beautiful teenager who had been kissed by the sun. Her red hair was vibrant and stood out from her pale skin. Elric swore that she was the most beautiful creature that he had ever seen and they lived many happy years together.

After 17 short years, Nyrida became deathly ill with fever and passed away within hours. The sudden death of his love crippled Elric and he grieved for two years until it was reminded to him that Pinecliff had no heirs in case of his own untimely demise and he needed to marry again soon to have a child. This is what brings him to Court.

Religious Views:
Catholic

Combat abilities:
He has never seen a battle, though he has read about them. He knows how to use a sword and a bow. What he knows about combat in general is what he has read in books.

Skills:
Elric can sing and tell stories. He is an excellent listener and can be known to be good at manipulation as well.

Other:
Nothing that I can think of.

tumblr_mxthrlp5PY1s6n43zo1_500.gif

Where have I heard that quote from before, Chromical? The one you wrote for Lilith. I swear I recognize it ^^

I thought it sounded familiar. I feel like it was in a piece of fiction I read once, though. Bah! Never mind. It'll come to me.

I thought it sounded familiar. I feel like it was in a piece of fiction I read once, though. Bah! Never mind. It'll come to me.

Ah, alright ^^' Heh. I hope it comes back to you soon so it won't bother you.

@GoodEveningClarice, what is the population of Vanqland? I'm trying to figure out what would be a reasonable size for Pinefell, a rather wealthy "city" in Northern Vanqland. I have no idea what to even guess for that. D: D:

Hurmmph.. What if I changed Lilith's race to a Xana? - The xana is a character found in Asturian mythology. Always female, she is a creature of extraordinary beauty believed to live in fountains, rivers, waterfalls or forested regions with pure water. She is usually described as small or slender with long blonde or light brown hair (most often curly), which she tends to with gold or silver combs woven from sun or moonbeams. The origin of the Asturian word xana is unclear, though some scholars see it as a derivation from the Latin name for the goddess Diana. References to where the mythological xanas lived are still common in Asturian toponyms. They also appear in Eastern Galician mythology.

Or.. A Fae of some sort. o-o

@VengefulPeanut

Accepted! Wonderful character!

@Jerelin

France had a population of like 10 million during the time period I'm vaguely basing this off of. But that is too high for me to fathom, and this is fantasy and doesn't have to make sense and THERE ARE NO RULES. So...I guess about 100,000? About 25,000 of that in the capital so probably just under that for a wealthy holding : 3

@C r o m i c a l♥

She can be half that. As her father is a non human there may be some interesting mixing involved there. She would probably only know about that half of herself as Maximus has not informed his daughters of what he is.

Thanks so much everyone! I'm super excited to get some interest : D

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.