God and Human

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emma shrugged again. A loud buzzing alerted her that her cellphone was ringing. She glanced at Loki, before pulling it out and looking at the caller ID. "Jane's calling me." she said, blinking at the name.

"Well.. ? Are you gonna pick it up then? .. or shall I do it myself?" Loki smirked as he started walking towards the phone, knowing that it would force her to either pick it up or just reject the call.

Emma pulled away from him. "Of course I'm going to pick it up!" she said, pressing the answer button. "Jane?"
"Emma, is that you?"
"Yeah, it sure is."
"Wow, it's great to hear you! How have things been?"
"Well... it's been okay. How is he?"
"Emma, you'll never believe it, but he's right next to me!"
"No."
"Yes! I'm coming to New York, and I'm looking for a place to stay. Do you mind if we come over?"
"Wait, now?" Emma said, panic creeping onto her face.
"Well, yes."
"Um..."
"Please, Emma? Please?"
"Fine."
"Thanks!"
"Uh-huh. Which airport?"
"LaGuardia Airport."
"Okay, bye."
"Bye!"

Emma was pale by the time she hung up. She looked at Loki. "Jane is on a plane to New York to see me. Thor is with her." she said, a look of worry on her face. "If Thor finds out I have powers..."

Loki made a grim face once he heard the mention of his brother's name, his palm balling up into a fist. "He wont, don't worry." Loki assured her as he let loose a deep sigh, not wanting to bother himself with Thor. "Well, I guess I'll be taking my leave then. You probably want to get ready for them." Loki took a small bow before he started walking towards the door.

"No!" Emma said instantly. Then, growing red again, she said quietly, "I want to understand my powers more. Maybe... maybe you could come with me to the airport... it wouldn't kill you to see your brother again, would it?"

Loki couldn't help but laugh at her idea, finding it next to impossible for that to happen. "There is no way Emma, I'm sorry. If I was to go meet my brother at the airport bad things would happen, trust me. It just actually might kill to see him." Loki smiled as he turned around to face her, a small smile gracing his lips.

"Well... will you come back?" Emma asked, a hint of longing in her eyes. She very badly wanted to know more about her powers, maybe even gain a few. And I want to spend more time with him in particular, she thought.

Loki smiled as he walked up to her, leaning forward and giving her cheek a kiss before he vanished into thin air. Definitely. Loki thought to himself as he walked away from the building that he was in a couple moments ago.

(You gonna fast forward or? o: )

(Yeah- how about to when she's meeting Jane and Thor at the airport? Loki could be spying on them...)

(Sure thing miss. C: )

Emma was silent as she watched the plane touch down. Her sister and Loki's brother were on that plane. Finally, she caught a glimpse of Jane, walking towards her with someone else. Jane ran up to her, and embraced her. "Emma! It's good to see you!" she said happily.
"Uh.. you too, Jane." Emma replied. She pulled back, looking at the man beside her. "You must be Thor." she said.
"Yes. I am." he replied. "You must be Jane's sister." Emma shrugged. "I'm adopted."

Last edited by a moderator:
'Hello brother.' Loki grinned as he sat in one of the cafe's that were overlooking the three who were greeting each other. 'I wonder on what terms did father let you go down here this time.' Loki raised his glass and took a sip of his drink as he watched carefully.

Thor glanced around. Jane looked at him, confused. "What's wrong?"
"I could've sworn I had seen Loki." Emma felt a leap of hope. Maybe he is going to come back.

Loki could hear every bit of what they were talking without exposing himself to them at all. He wasn't worried not even one bit that his brother saw somebody who resembled him as he was there under a disguise of another man. There was nobody on this world who could tell him apart from ordinary people, except for maybe he himself.

Emma smiled at Jane and Thor. "Come on, I'll take you to my place." They walked outside, watching as Emma attempted to hail a taxi. "Your sister seems nice." Thor says, turning to Jane.
"Yeah, she really is."

Despite the tree leaving Loki stayed in the cafe to finish his drink, seeing how he had no other business anyway. Now that he has found out that Emma holds a part of his powers he could easily track her down and help her if she is need of it.

They arrived at Emma's apartment earlier than expected, so Emma turned on the TV while Jane made a few quick phone calls. Thor looked at Emma. "I used to have a brother." he said. Emma looked up at him. "He wasn't actually my brother. He was, as you might say, adopted." she nodded at him. "He died a few months ago."

Being a great shapeshifter that he was, Loki shifted into a fly and made his way into Emma's apartment, landing down on the coffee table near Emma and Thor to eavesdrop on the two. 'I wonder what brother really thinks of my death.' Loki thought to himself as he looked up at the two.

Emma looked away, instead watching as a fly landed on the coffee table. "Do you miss your brother?" she asked him.
"I do. I hope that wherever he is now, that he misses me too." Thor replied. "Tell me," he asked, "what is it like to have a sister who will never abandon you?" he sat down beside her.

Loki couldn't help himself but let loose a deep sigh which they wouldn't be able to hear. 'Too bad he is dead so he'll never find that out.' Loki thought to himself as he buzzed off over to where Jane was to take a closer look at this human Thor was so obsessed about.

Status
Not open for further replies.