God and Human

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emma looked him in the eye. "You're Loki! I should have my suspicions, shouldn't I?" she yelled, walking towards the alley. He's also cute. She froze. The thought had just popped into her head.

"Well of course you should. I am the trickster God after all. Nobody ever trusted me so why not be the first?" Loki asked through laughter to her remark, finding the woman's behavior both amusing and cute. "No need to be afraid though, if I wanted to hurt you I would have done so a long time ago. I assure you."

Emma looked away for a moment. I might as well let him help me, she thought. "I'll take you to my apartment." she said softly.

They walked through the door into her apartment, a large penthouse. "So, this is where I live." she said, spreading her arms out, making a huge gesture. A green glimmer appeared on one of the walls. She waved her hand across it, causing it to disappear.

"It's very nice to say the least.." Loki mumbled out as his keen eyes carefully studied out the apartment and the decoration of it. "So.. Emma.." Loki started as he walked around the place, continuing to study the place out. "Tell me about your powers a bit more.."

Emma looked at him. "It started when I was a little girl." she began. "I wasn't exactly the happiest girl in the world, so I used the illusions to my advantage." she walked over to a small picture frame, revealing a younger version of Emma and another girl, standing on the edge of a huge canyon. "Only my sister, Jane, knew about it."

Loki made his way over to Emma, his hand reaching forward and taking up the picture frame so that he could examine it. "Knew? I'm guessing Jane passed away then?" Loki asked curiously, not even thinking that it could bring up a painful memory within the woman's mind.

Emma turned around. "Oh, no. We just don't talk to each other a lot, at least after my parents sent me away." she looks at the picture. "She has a lot more to do than talk to me, I'm sure. You probably know about the attack on Greenwich."

"Yes, I've heard of it." Loki spoke in an overly sarcastic tone of voice as he was the one who lead the attack on it. "Why do you ask Emma?" Loki asked curiously, placing the picture frame back into its place before he would continue to circle around the living room.

Emma looked at him. He surely could have put the pieces together by now. "My real name is Emma Foster. The woman who helped Thor- I mean, your brother, is my sister." she said.

"Aaaah.. Jane. I see." Loki muttered out to himself, mumbling something out in an angry tone of voice before he turned his attention back to Emma. "What made you two stop communicating?"

Emma turned away, her eyes watering. "My parents saw me using my powers, so they got really mad and Jane stepped in to calm them down. During some point in their conversation my dad mentioned that I wasn't even their child..." a tear slid down her cheek. "Jane didn't say anything. She let them take me to juvenile hall, she didn't talk to me at all on the way there... I guess I just lost contact with her after that." she said softly, rubbing her eyes.

Loki couldn't help but feel a bit sad cause of the woman's story, his gut becoming slightly heavier. "I'm sorry to hear that Emma." Loki let loose a small sigh before he made his way over to the young woman, his hands wrapping around the woman's body, pressing it against his own as he hugged her tightly. For some reason he could relate to the girl because back when he was a kid everybody in Asgard saw him only as a menace and wanted to get rid of him all the time.

Emma grew red again, and pushed away. "I'm alright." she said, trying to conceal her blushing face.

"If you say so." Loki replied nonchalantly, shrugging a bit at her behavior to seem uninterested though he found her to be highly cute at the moment. "So, Emma, where did you get your powers from?"

"I don't really know." she said, shrugging. The red on her face began to fade. She began to turn around, until a thought entered her mind. "Wait a minute." she looked right at him. "When Jane and I were little, a long time ago, we were biking down a path. I fell off of my bike, and for a moment I blacked out. When I woke up, I saw someone." she paused, trying to remember more. "He was wearing strange clothes, and he was looking right at me. I don't remember his face, though."

"Do tell me more." Loki's interest was piqued by the woman's story, his gaze focusing entirely on her. "Did he say anything or did he do anything to you?" Loki asked in a interested tone of voice, thinking that the man she met back then could be the one who gave her powers.

"He didn't say anything to me." she replied. "To be honest, he looked... sad. It's like he wanted to tell me something, but he couldn't." Emma looked back at the picture. "The next thing I knew, Jane was shouting my name, and I was on the ground."

Loki's face went from an interested one to a painful for a split second, his gaze breaking away as he moved over to the window. "Do you think he gave you the powers.. ?" Loki asked as he recalled the whole event, remembering the whole thing she talked about.

"Maybe..." Emma replied. "What's wrong?" she says, looking up at Loki. "Do you know?"

"Who knows? Could be.." Loki spoke out and had suddenly disappeared only to reappear behind her with his head leaning over her shoulder. ".. then again it could have been just a man helping damsel in distress." He then leaned away and continued walking around the place, thinking about nothing but Emma and her powers. 'I gave her a portion of my powers to save her life back then.. guess this is something like destiny then?'

Status
Not open for further replies.