GM Guided: Millenium of Omens - A Witcher Story

R

Rosé Moon

Original poster

• It has been 1,000 years since the death of Geralt of Rivia, at the hands of a nameless elf, during a riot in the rural town of his own name; Rivia. After the death of the White Wolf, and the soon-after passing of his love, Yennefer of Vengerburg, it seemed the remains of the Redarnian Army's chances fell with them. The Nilfgardian Army began crushing the Redarnian forces. Perhaps it was the rage of the Emperato, Emerys var Emreis, after losing his daughter to the Witcher but the war ended, suddenly, and after the Nilfgaardian forces should've been powerless, and fleeing.

(**note, this will NOT acknowledge the events of the Witcher games. It will only pay attention to the books, which all proceed the games. This is not to say the games were uncanon. That'll be explained later on.)

One-thousand years later, the Nilfgaard's borders are boundless. From the End of the World, to the Forests of Brokilon and the Kingdom of Touisant, all hung the flag of Nilfgaard. It seemed that the revered, now Legendary, ancient king Emerys had been true to his conquest. Having lost his chance to rule using the Alder Blood, he ruled by strategy, and wit. The var Emreis line still rule to this day and, although never seen, they are revered and loved.

The Witchers of old, and Sorceresses, are now just children's Legends, that most believe are the now-a-days version of the Sifters. Sifters are a division of the Nilfgaardian Army, dedicated to hunting Monsters in the Great Wilds. Sifters are hunters who cleanse area of the Wild that the var Emreis lineage hope to re-inhabit. The Sifters have reached far enough through Temaria that the next area to be Sifted, is the ancient city of Novigrad. Novigrad was once known as the home of the Holy Flame. As magic is a lost art, this is a great interest of the var Emreis', as their Sifters use magic imbued crystals in weapons that allow them to channel magical energy through a medium - their weapon.

----

This story involves a group of Sifters penetrating the Great Wilds of the ancient town of Novigrad. Players will choose between playing a Sifter (all of which are either Elven, who are the common folk, or human (who are seen as less then Elves) or the Wretched. The Wretched are sentient monsters who have just as much, if not more, cognitive power as the Elves. They are also, naturally gifted in using magic, naturally.

• The Sifters
    • Elves - Elves are the most common, civilized, race in all of Temeria. Sometime after the end of the War, Emperato Emhyr var Emreis ended the underlying civil war between human and the Elven of Brokilon and otherwise wild. It took centuries of acclimation, but once the elves had left the forests, it seemed the Elven outnumbered the humans. Suddenly, humanity were the minority.

When selecting an Elf, you are granted +4 to constitution, and +5 to dexterity.
    • Human - Once the rulers of the World, humans have become secondary citizens. With Emhyr's rise, came the rise of intellect over brawn. Human's became field hands, fighters and soldiers. The elves have not imposed any dominance over the humans, but it is well-known the elves believe they are greater.

When selecting a Human, you granted +6 to strength, and +4 to dexterity.

The Wretched
    • Tiefling - An inhabitant of the Lost City of Novigrad. The first of the civilized Wretches. Tiefling are the union of man and an otherworldly kind not known to Elf or man. Because of this, they are dressed in a variety of skin tones, ranging from pink, to dark red. Unlike the other kind of this realm, were the whites of eyes usually are, they have black and their heads are adorned in horns. Male horns being longer then females, but having thinner tails. They are well balanced in mind and body, and like all the Wretched, they are able to tap into natural magic, found throughout the world.

Tiefling are granted +4 in strength, and +4 in intelligence.
    • Aen Vampires - The most uncommon of the Wretched. It is said that the Aen Vampires are the beings that brought forth the hellspawn that bred with man to create the Tiefling. The Wretched Aen Vampires were once the Lords of whatever realm they came from, but found themselves stranded in this world, and cut off from their power source. Unlike the common Vampire, they do not require blood. It was merely a treat they can indulge in. They are the most rounded race in the known realm. Just like their Tiefling brothers, they are blessed with a natural connection to magic.

When choosing Aen Vampire, you are granted +4 to strength, +3 to wisdom, +2 Wisdom
  • hsQg0hO.png

This is Temeria, once just the name of the Nilfgaardian country, it is now the name of the entire Northern Kingdom. Well, that is, the civilized portion is. From the southern country of Nazair to the northern portion of Aedirn. This includes the countries of Aedirn, Lyria, Angren, old country of Temeria, Cidaris, Verden, the Brokilon Forest, and Brugge. This leaves the north western countries of Kaedwen, Redania and the Skellige Islles as what's known as the "Great Wilds".

This little bit above is just a fraction of the actual signup post I'm working on. Please, feel free is ask, if you have any questions.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cloudburst
Hmmm. Might be interested in this

Reactions: Rosé Moon
I am certainly interested in this, and I have read part of the Witcher books. I will keep a close eye on this, and if I have time and this rises in popularity, I will certainly join.

Reactions: Rosé Moon
Hmmm. Might be interested in this

I am certainly interested in this, and I have read part of the Witcher books. I will keep a close eye on this, and if I have time and this rises in popularity, I will certainly join.

So glad to see some interest! Since I've already story-boarded the first and second phase of the story, as well as began the third, I will definitely be posting a signup regardless of interest here, which may ironically get more attention. But that won't be until I get how I want to build stats with levels. I already have base class stats laid out, depending on race, so sometime this week. Ill be sure to tag you both!

I'm always up for some Witcher action, so sign me up.