Status
Not open for further replies.

Hecatoncheires

un jour je serai de retour près de toi
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
9hooP0T.gif

HEY FUCKERS, I HEAR THERE'S AN ELECTION HAPPENING SOON.

So lemme get out ahead of this, before General Chat turns into Iwaku's own version of The Purge.

Y'know, more than it fucking is already.

Politics threads tend to go to hell in a hand-basket faster than you can scream "HITLER WAS RIGHT", and with this current election cycle that's never been more true. At the end of the day, we're a roleplaying forum and we really don't need politics coming into spoil everyone's nice time: this is a place folks come to for escapism, after all, so having the election cycle chase them here is less than ideal.

BUT WAIT, I'M NOT FINISHED.

At the same time, we also don't want to go laying down blanket statements about what you can and can't say on Iwaku. Goes against that whole "flexibility of speech" thing we have written down somewhere that @Jorick and @Astaroth keep yelling at me about whenever I suggest we just ban all of you and have done with it. With that in mind, we're gonna try and find ourselves a middle ground solution that allows folks to have their say without the entire forum descending into a clusterfuck of angry, bipartisan bullshit.

Again, more than it already is.

SO HEY, YOU GOBSHITES WANNA TALK ELECTION 2K16?

YOU DO IT IN THIS THREAD AND THIS THREAD ALONE.

To prevent me from rambling, lemme bullet-point how this is gonna work:
  • WE'RE KEEPING THINGS LIGHT. NO BIG RANTS ABOUT HOW HILLARY'S A FUCKING LIZARDWOMAN AND/OR HOW TRUMP IS HITLER 2.0.
  • We're keeping shit civil, too. Discussions are cool, but if you start slinging insults about (or, given how you fuckers tend to work, passive-aggressive sniping) you will get spanked.
  • Any overtly rant-like/insulting/snipey posts will get edited by our lovely security team to be more user-friendly. We will insert butterflies, rainbows and other nice suggestions so you all maybe calm the fuck down or something. You'll know they've edited a post cos it'll be all red. Like the blood of our enemies.
  • Gary Johnson is my husbando. You can't have him. He's mine.
  • Seriously. Mine.

Hopefully that clears everything up about the purpose of this thread. Now go fucking kill each other.

Or don't, actually. I think that's why I got asked to write this.

Ben Carson's "campaign" was actually just the most elaborate book tour of all time, as evidenced by him taking breaks from the campaign trail to do book signings and such. :D

Ben Carson is too busy uncovering the truth about ancient Egyptian grain silos (you might know them as pyramids) to waste time on foolish ventures like managing a country.

Also it just dawned on me... With most TV shows when they have the President as a character they make one up or get half-assed impersonations.

In this case will Donald take breaks from Presidency to act? XD
(Highly unlikely, but funny to imagine).

Did anyone else watch Trump on 60 minutes? Thoughts?

I could only sit through the first 20 mins. It felt really awkward.

Did anyone else watch Trump on 60 minutes? Thoughts?

I could only sit through the first 20 mins. It felt really awkward.
I would rather listen to glass in a blender or a million dying cats than five minutes of Trump talking. He has got to be the stupidest non-puppy like person to ever be elected for President, and I thought GWB was pretty damn dumb.....

Really, it's asking a lot for me not to insult the guy. He's a walking joke.

Well, there go all my nonexistent plans of visiting America. *Insert rolleyes*

Well, there go all my nonexistent plans of visiting America. *Insert rolleyes*
I don't want to visit here either. I wonder if I can convince my landlord to sell the tiny portion of land my house is on to a foreign country and be considered a citizen there. That would be nice.

Reactions: Greenie
Didn't bother, was curious to know if we're even going to have anything resembling a working executive branch come January.

Also, Trump is the only president that I will actively avoid to watch for more than very short lengths of time; the guy is absolutely indigestible otherwise. I can't wait to see what his state of the union speeches are going to be like. Or the reaction.
Well Obama kinda proved you can go with no president for 8 years so Trump can't be that bad...

Reactions: Ukei Kaito
I don't want to visit here either. I wonder if I can convince my landlord to sell the tiny portion of land my house is on to a foreign country and be considered a citizen there. That would be nice.
To be honest, I would've loved to visit, America is naturally a beautiful country. But yeah, crap policies and attitudes is why I'm picky even choosing which countries my flight will take me through (eg I'd rather be in an eighteen hour flight than transit in France.)

Don't get me wrong, I love my country, but I really freaking hate my government right now, or the future government I should say. I'm as white as they come and I'm terrified of what's going to happen. I can't even imagine what my Hispanic next door neighbors are going through. Considering the shit show that's been going on in my town with some guy in a MAGA hat trying to break into my kids' school on Friday and some random protester banging on the windows of all the schools, I really don't know what it's going to be like next year. Considering that I live in a town where they've had their first murder in over a century just recently, that's kind of saying something. (It was a murder/suicide, so I don't think it could have been stopped.) And with a police force of only 8 cops (4 day shift, 4 night shift) safety is starting to feel like an issue. We moved here to get away from the damn chaos, and it seems like there's no escaping it now.

Donald Trump 'planning register for Muslims'

:D "We're not nazis. we are just taking some ideas from them."
It's not the first time. Welcome to wartime hysteria. Only last time we shoved all the Japanese Americans into overcrowded camps in a 48 hour time frame. The camps had no plumbing, medical care, or cooking facilities. People in prisons had more comfort than people with Japanese ancestry. Let's hope it never goes this far.

Depending how this ends up the next president might have to write up another Civil Liberties Act.

So FML! Weed was decriminalized in Maryland, and I moved out of there! FUCK! I'm so pissed off. I could be killing my brain cells while watching the U.S be destroyed....

I think we're going to want to open up a separate political subforum to contain the outrage that's going to be coming. ._. 'Cause now Japanese internment camps are being talked about with respect to the proposed Muslim Registry.

Also this video is just perfect:

I think we're going to want to open up a separate political subforum to contain the outrage that's going to be coming. ._. 'Cause now Japanese internment camps are being talked about with respect to the proposed Muslim Registry.

Also this video is just perfect:
That video! I'm seriously near tears. That man is my hero, and I am praying that there are more people like him who are willing to speak out rather than normalize the travesty that is Trump.

The thought of internment camps is making me ill. What's making it worse is no one's stopping to ask, when will it stop? It will start with Muslims, but what's to stop it from moving to other groups? What about the Hispanics? What about the other immigrants that are here? What about the LGBT community? What's to stop them from being placed in camps? What's going to stop genocide from starting up? There is no real outrage for this. Congress is doing nothing at all to talk people down from their panic. There is no damn opposition coming from our elected officials. These are the people we have to rely on to stop this, and they're more worried about repealing ACA and privotizing Medicare. It's a fucking nightmare, and people are genuinely terrified.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours
I'm seriously worried and sad for my friends in America. :(

• Thank You
Reactions: Shiri
Status
Not open for further replies.