Status
Not open for further replies.

Hecatoncheires

un jour je serai de retour près de toi
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
9hooP0T.gif

HEY FUCKERS, I HEAR THERE'S AN ELECTION HAPPENING SOON.

So lemme get out ahead of this, before General Chat turns into Iwaku's own version of The Purge.

Y'know, more than it fucking is already.

Politics threads tend to go to hell in a hand-basket faster than you can scream "HITLER WAS RIGHT", and with this current election cycle that's never been more true. At the end of the day, we're a roleplaying forum and we really don't need politics coming into spoil everyone's nice time: this is a place folks come to for escapism, after all, so having the election cycle chase them here is less than ideal.

BUT WAIT, I'M NOT FINISHED.

At the same time, we also don't want to go laying down blanket statements about what you can and can't say on Iwaku. Goes against that whole "flexibility of speech" thing we have written down somewhere that @Jorick and @Astaroth keep yelling at me about whenever I suggest we just ban all of you and have done with it. With that in mind, we're gonna try and find ourselves a middle ground solution that allows folks to have their say without the entire forum descending into a clusterfuck of angry, bipartisan bullshit.

Again, more than it already is.

SO HEY, YOU GOBSHITES WANNA TALK ELECTION 2K16?

YOU DO IT IN THIS THREAD AND THIS THREAD ALONE.

To prevent me from rambling, lemme bullet-point how this is gonna work:
  • WE'RE KEEPING THINGS LIGHT. NO BIG RANTS ABOUT HOW HILLARY'S A FUCKING LIZARDWOMAN AND/OR HOW TRUMP IS HITLER 2.0.
  • We're keeping shit civil, too. Discussions are cool, but if you start slinging insults about (or, given how you fuckers tend to work, passive-aggressive sniping) you will get spanked.
  • Any overtly rant-like/insulting/snipey posts will get edited by our lovely security team to be more user-friendly. We will insert butterflies, rainbows and other nice suggestions so you all maybe calm the fuck down or something. You'll know they've edited a post cos it'll be all red. Like the blood of our enemies.
  • Gary Johnson is my husbando. You can't have him. He's mine.
  • Seriously. Mine.

Hopefully that clears everything up about the purpose of this thread. Now go fucking kill each other.

Or don't, actually. I think that's why I got asked to write this.

Gary Johnson is my husbando. You can't have him. He's mine.
Good thing you're a guy. If you were a chick and trying to get pregnant, you'd be SOL. His sperm count is in the negatives.

• Love
Reactions: XIII
>Scottish staffer posting election thread
>topkek

Being European and all I'll just sit here and watch this thread unfold....
Can I join you? I'm so ready for this shit to be done and over with. Thank god tomorrow is election day! Hopefully there's no need for a damn recount to drag this endless nightmare out even longer.

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kaisaan and Navuso
Can I join you? I'm so ready for this shit to be done and over with. Thank god tomorrow is election day! Hopefully there's no need for a damn recount to drag this endless nightmare out even longer.
We have "election night" at our school where the students can sleep over while watching the election and I'm just like

I just want it to be over ??? I'll sleep through it, thank you

Reactions: Takumi
We have "election night" at our school where the students can sleep over while watching the election and I'm just like

I just want it to be over ??? I'll sleep through it, thank you
I'm not taking my medicine tomorrow just so I can finish off my bottle of wine and hope I'm too drunk to feel the misery of the next four years hitting me. I'll wake up the next morning hung over and full of regret, just like we'll all be feeling. Sadly, this is my first election where I've actually felt sick about the results. =/

Also joining you guys. As an Australian we're kind of just sitting back with the rest of the world (except we're in da footure!) and chillaxing, watching the world ever so slowly crumble down.

Like a really bad group reaction video.

*clears throat*

HITLER WAS RIGHT!

giphy.gif

I'm not taking my medicine tomorrow just so I can finish off my bottle of wine and hope I'm too drunk to feel the misery of the next four years hitting me. I'll wake up the next morning hung over and full of regret, just like we'll all be feeling. Sadly, this is my first election where I've actually felt sick about the results. =/
I feel so bad about this whole thing. Nine months and all they've accomplished is hating on each other and being real bitchy

No fucks given. You know who I'm voting for?

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

The entire world is going to be throw into a four year emotional depression, whether it's Hillary Or Pepe Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.