Give In To Me

"Demons? That sounds.... Interesting. Might be a challenge for me now," he said chuckling at the thought. He leaned back against the wall his shirt was opened at the top, bandages poking through. He had been attacked and harmed but he never bothered to be worried about them. He seemed fine however.

Reza noticed the bandages, and he gave the hunter a look of concern. "You all right?" he asked. "And I would recommend that you stop investigating the amulets. Leave this Baali mess to my clan. We'll take care of it." And if they couldn't, they'd have to enlist the aid of the other clans. Reza was going to inform them of this mess anyway, seeing as one sect in particular seemed to be throwing their lot in with the Baali.

"It's nothing just a bite from the one who had that amulet," he said shrugging. When Reza began saying to stop looking into it, Joshua frowned. "Your CLAN wouldn't even know that these demons were back without me so no, I will not back off. So you better tell your clan I'm in on this or they'll have to worry about me as well," he said in annoyance. He was cooperating because what he found was not good. They had humans locked up in cages and that did not sit well with him. "I've been tracking them for months, you didn't even know that they were back until I caught you and asked you about them," he said. The bandaged area was starting to burn and hissed at the sudden shock of pain. "Damn it. That fucker used venom," he said more to himself.

Reza frowned at the man's insistence, but he didn't keep arguing. Joshua had a point. Without the hunter's information, he wouldn't have known that the Baali were back. That would have been bad. He couldn't afford to let the Baali have that advantage over his clan. And vampires in general, really.

"Venom?" he asked, looking a bit confused. He'd never heard of other vampires using venom. Well, besides his own clan. And even then, it was actually more on the side of poison than venom.

He gave that a few moments of thought, weighing the risks, before asking, "Do you want me to suck out the venom?" He could allow Joshua to take his blood in return, he supposed. It would be almost like a blood transfusion.

Joshua was glad that Reza was not going to argue with him about the subject. When Reza offered to suck the venom out he shook his head. "I think this could kill you. They made it to kill me but it's toxic to other vampires, I know I've tested it," he said. He pulled his duster off and then unbuttoned his shirt. He had bites littered all over his arm and the one on his chest. the only one still open and looking painful the one on his chest. He pulled out a syringe from his duster and then cut the bandages. The skin around the area was bruised and the wound was bleeding a bit. He cleaned it of blood and took the syringe and injected it into the bite. He hissed once more, his muscles contracting painfully. The bruising was healing up and greenish liquid seeped from the wound. He took some fresh gauze and wiped the liquid away before he disinfected the area and re wrapped the wound. "Much better. The little fucker had doubled the dose on the little guy," he said buttoning up his coat. "They genetically changed one of them to secrete the venom through their fangs. It kills them after a few years though," he explained.

Reza looked extremely annoyed at that. "I find the very idea of altering a vampire in such a manner to be utterly insulting to my clan," he said with a frown. Creating poison was his clan's art. It was a carefully-guarded secret, and Reza was not pleased to hear that other vampires had started to create such abominations. Shortening the lifespan of such vampires, too... How despicable. At least Reza's own clan didn't have to worry about dying from their own poison.

"Well, I've been after them for months, I think they might have gotten desperate," he said chuckling slightly. "By the way, what is your clans's mark? Because while I was in Savanah one of the vampires to get away had an odd crest on his forehead. It's not on the amulets I double checked, but I'm just asking since he was the one who sent the venom vampires after me, and the one that bit me had that amulet on him," he explained, pulling his duster back on. He walked over to a a pit and took out a match. he lit it and tossed the match in there he then threw the syringe and blood gauze down into the fire.

Reza tensed as Joshua lit the match, but he didn't flee. A match wasn't enough to make Reza run, though some other vampires might have done so. Especially if they didn't expect the sudden flame. What made Reza tense even further was the subtle insinuation that Reza's own clan might have been in possession of some amulets.

"My clan's sign is a bit of Arabic script," he answered, still tense. "I highly, highly doubt that my clan would wear an amulet with the symbol of the Baali. We are old enemies, and I would be shocked if any Assamite would betray the clan." He realized after a few moments that he'd just told the hunter the name of his clan, and he quieted up quickly.

Joshua''s ear's perked up. "Okay, so now I know its not your clan. Because I know your clan's symbol and it's name, I just didn't know if you were from that one. The one on the mans forehead is from the Tzimisce clan," He said taking out a knife and carving the symbol into the wooden table. "That was the symbol on thee mans forehead," he said pointing to the marking, a sword like symbol.

Reza raised an eyebrow at Joshua's comment about not knowing which clan Reza belonged to. "You really don't know much about vampires, do you?" he asked. "Only how to kill them. Of course I'm an Assamite. I know it is sometimes difficult to tell by appearances, but my clan is pretty distinctive." His clan was based in the Middle East, after all, and Reza was obviously from that part of the world. He also wasn't pale like other vampires. His skin tone was actually normal.

He looked down at the symbol, giving a small shake of his head. "That's not the Tzimisce's sign. That's a reference to the Sword of Caine, if I'm not mistaken. The Sabbat, in other words." That sect was the one largely in control of New York, and Reza despised them. "I'm not surprised if they've been associating with the Baali. It seems like something they would do..."

(( -_-! ))

Joshua shrugged. "I've met pale vampires from your clan its not hard to be mistaken. Although I don't really hunt them since they don't very much bother the humans or kill humans as often as most clans," he said shrugging. He thought a moment and he looked at the symbol. All of this symbol crap was starting to hurt his head. He'd just rather kill the bastards that serve Baali and be done with this whole business.

Reza shrugged. "If you've met pale members of my clan, then they must've been very young," he remarked. The members of his clan darkened with age, as opposed to other vampires who just got paler. An elder Assamite could have skin that was the color of obsidian. Far darker than any human skin tone.

"There's a very good reason that my clan doesn't often murder humans, but that's neither here nor there," he said. "Anyway, I'd rather not talk about the little details of my clan. I could get into a lot of trouble for it." And he certainly didn't want that to happen. "The Sabbat need to be stopped regardless of any association with the Baali, but at least this could get more of my clan involved in fighting them. We try to remain neutral and accept jobs from either side, but I think it's time for a change."

Joshua nodded his head in agreement. "Alright. Let your elder's know they have my help in this. They have been turning too many humans and its been getting out of hand," he said to Reza. He was starting to look a bit sickly. He had begun to feel sick as well. The venom must still be in his system. He closed his eyes a moment and let his hand grip onto the table. He looked pained.

"My elders can't know about you," Reza said hesitantly. "I didn't tell them where I got the amulet from. I didn't want them to know about you, since I doubt they'd approve of us associating with each other. Hunters don't exactly have the best reputation among vampires, as I'm sure you can imagine. I'd rather not risk my clan coming after you. Or me."

He noticed that Joshua looked pained, and he asked, "Is it the venom? My offer still stands. I doubt the venom could really kill me. Poisons are something that I'm used to being around."

Joshua opened his eyes once more, his eyes now completely black. He fell to his knees the veins in his body popping out slightly as if pushing against his skin. He felt like his body was on fire and he began to tremble. He was in so much pain but he refused to pass out, not with Reza there, not without making the area safe.

Reza didn't know what to do. Was Joshua dying right in front of him? What was happening to the man? Reza's eyes took on that honey-gold hue again as he observed the hunter, looking for some indication of what was going on. If it was the venom, then Reza really didn't have a choice now. He'd have to get it out of Joshua. If he didn't, then he'd probably end up watching the hunter die.

He went down to the floor with Joshua, making short work of the man's bandages in the process. After a quick bite to his own wrist to draw blood for Joshua, he latched himself onto the wound that had been made by the envenomed bite. He started to drink from it, though he moved his wrist to Joshua's mouth to encourage him to drink. His own drinking was done quickly, and he trembled a bit in his own pain from taking Joshua's blood. Unfortunately, the venom had little to do with Reza's pain. He was actually handling that well. There was something else about Joshua's blood that was causing Reza physical pain. He didn't stop, though. He was determined to get that venom out.

Considering Joshua's current state, he likely wouldn't feel much of the pleasure that usually accompanied a vampire's feeding. Usually it was bordering on orgasmic to have a vampire feed from you, but this was not a normal case.

Joshua was wincing but drank and after a while he just passed out, leaning against Reza. He couldn't handle it. The pain had subsided though but he couldn't handle the teeth in him. He didn't know why but it brought back painful memories. He didn't know this, but when a vampire would feed from him, they would be in intense pain, he had no idea why, it must be because his blood has never been replaced. Its odd but he didn't have time to deal with that now. He was heavy, almost like a dead body. It was odd, since he hadn't fed until just then.

Reza nearly panicked when Joshua passed out. He hadn't realized that this half-vampire didn't quite digest blood the same way as full vampires did, and he was seriously concerned for the man's life. Had he taken too much blood from him? Reza himself was on the verge of collapse from his own pain, but he wasn't going to let that get in the way. He had to help Joshua somehow.

He checked the man's pulse, confirming that he did indeed still have one. Then he checked the wound, making sure it wasn't still bleeding. It was, and Reza took care of that quickly with a swipe of his tongue. The wound closed from the lick, and Reza was satisfied that Joshua wouldn't be in further danger from blood loss.

Ignoring his own quite considerable pain, he stayed by Joshua's side and checked his vitals every few minutes. If he started to get worse, Reza would have no choice but to take him to a hospital. Not the best of options, but he didn't know what else he could possibly do. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that, though. Hopefully Joshua would wake up on his own.

Joshua just laid there for a few hours. His body would heat up with fever and then disappear after a while but it was his bodies way of burning the venom in his blood, what was left. He opened his eyes after a few hours and looked straight up at the ceiling. His eyes were still black but the slowly turned back into the chocolate brown they usually were. He hadn't expected to wake up. He thought that Reza would have killed him and then left. He didn't expect to see the vampire next to him, still there and him still able to feel his heart beat. "You didn't kill me," he said softly, still starring straight up. He had a bit of confusion in his features.

Reza continued to worry about Joshua in those hours, placing his cool hand on the man's forehead whenever his fever rose to help lower his temperature. All things considered, Reza was doing a rather good job of taking care of Joshua. That was lucky, since Reza really didn't have much of an idea of what he was doing. He was definitely not a doctor.

He was greatly relieved when Joshua awoke. Even after those hours had passed, Reza was still hurting from drinking the man's blood. Reza honestly hadn't expected the pain to begin with. He'd thought Joshua's blood would be human enough for him to safely drink it, but the semi-vampiric state of the hunter had activated the curse Reza was under, leaving him with that pain. Not that Joshua was aware of Reza's pain, seeing as the vampire was doing a fine job of hiding it.

At Joshua's words, Reza looked puzzled. "You're human enough for me to not kill you in cold blood," he said with a small shrug. That movement made Reza wince slightly, but he quickly made his expression neutral again. "I have principles, you know." He forced a small smile, then asked, "How are you feeling?"