Give In To Me

"He did not give me any of his blood. He drained me to a fraction of death and then left me to die," he said shrugging. "I honestly don't know how it works or how I'm alive, but I am and I took my revenge on the lord and lived my life to continue my work as a hunter, no matter how much the hunters hunt me in return," he said shrugging. He was truly alone in his endeavor but it didn't seem to bother him. He threw the cup out and went back over the beds. He grabbed his weapons and began prepping for the night. "Your weapons are on the table if you wish to leave. I have no more questions for you. I have to follow up on another lead I have about the amulets," he said, pulling his duster on. He turned and looked back at Reza. "You can stay or leave, its up to you. Or you can come with me to find out about these amulets," he said to Reza, giving him the option.

Then Reza really had no idea how Joshua gained some of the qualities of a vampire. New vampires are made only when a vampire drains a human completely of blood and then proceeds to feed the human some of its blood. Somehow, though, that wasn't the case here. Just what was up with that? Reza was definitely curious. And very, very confused.

He looked over at his weapons, debating on what to do. "If you're not going to try to kill me," he said, "then I'd like to find out what those amulets mean. It could be a hint as to those vampire's plans. Can you give one to me? I can see if my elders know what the symbol means. They are far older and wiser than I am."

Joshua nodded his head. He had a handful of them. He pulled them out and handed it to Reza. He had a very old looking scar in his hand, right in the center of his palm. It looked like someone stabbed him through the palm. He let Reza took the amulet. He then stepped back. "I'm not going to be in this area in a few days. I'll leave something here for you to see," he said to him.

"It isn't really the business of a hunter," Reza said, "but I would like to contact you if my elders recognize this mark. If you're leaving the area, how can I reach you?" Reza had a phone, but he wasn't sure if Joshua did. It would be strange to give his number to a hunter, but he really did want to keep Joshua informed. If it was something very serious, he wanted to be able to warn the man.

"Here, you can use this number to contact me," he said, handing Reza a piece of paper with his number scribbled onto it. It was the new number he would be using in the new city he was moving on to. He always changed his numbers, so no one could track him. He didn't like being tracked, it annoyed him more then anything else. "I'll hear from you then. Goodbye Reza," he said to the vampire. He bowed his head a bit in respect before he turned and headed out of the warehouse.

Reza programmed the number into his phone before leaving, making his way back to his haven. His elders didn't even ask him where he'd been. Apparently they didn't really care that much, since he was there now. He sought out one of the three in particular to ask about the amulet. The answer he received was concerning in the extreme, especially once Reza received a bit of a history lesson. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but if it wasn't...

He looked into the matter himself for a few nights, gathering more information. Joshua was probably out of the city by now, and Reza finally got around to calling him. Hopefully the hunter was awake.

Joshua had moved to all the way to Savanah, Georgia, where another tip led him, about the amulets. He was currently sleeping in an abandoned brewery that he had taken and secured from a small group of vampires. He had their bodies piled in a corner and was burrying the bodies. He felt his new phone going off. "Hello," he asked, answering the phone. He didn't know who it was.

Reza was surprisingly glad to hear the hunter's voice. It didn't sound like Joshua knew who was calling him, though, but Reza didn't leave him in suspense.

"Hello," he said. "It's Reza." He doubted the hunter actually had expected to hear from him ever again, and yet Reza had indeed called him. Hopefully the hunter would appreciate that. A vampire actually contacting a hunter of their own free will was just about unheard of.

Joshua was very surprised by who had called him. "Reza? You actually called? Alright, that's a surprise," he said more to himself but he had said it out loud. He cradled the phone between his ear and his shoulder and continued to shovel dirt onto the dead bodies. He grunted a little, lifting another body up and tossing it into the next hole. He had a habit of saying a blessing over the bodies, thinking that it would keep them dead but he learned that it never worked. But he had burned the heads so the bodies can not come back to life.

"I did indeed," Reza said, smiling to himself. He was making this phone call from his room, lounging around on his bed. He'd be going out later to search for more information regarding the amulets. "It sounds like you're busy, though. Should I call back later?" He didn't want to be interrupting something important.

"Nah, just burying some bodies and then going to grab some food and then rest. Why what's up?" he asked still shoveling dirt for a few more minutes before he was finished and then walked back into his new home. He was running water and washing his hands of dirt and blood. He hadn't found anything pertaining to the amulet yet since he arrived last night.

"Burying bodies?" Reza inquired, sounding amused. "That's a little unnecessary, don't you think? Wouldn't burning them suffice? Or just waiting for them to turn to ash on their own?" Burying the bodies was kind of pointless, but oh well. Hunters didn't know what vampires knew, even a hunter like Joshua.

He decides to cut to the chase. "I have information about the amulets," he said. "I don't feel comfortable telling you the details over the phone, but I think you should take a great deal of caution if you want to keep looking for answers about that symbol."

"Old habits die hard," he said chuckling. When he was human, he would severe the heads with a blade made of silver and drenched in holy water. He even went as far as to bury the bodies with crosses of silver or usually a cross made of wood and soaked in holy water. He had been a very religious man, but that all died many years ago. He had seen and lived long enough on this earth, that there was no god, but he had habits that he couldn't break. He did however burn the heads and throw the ashes onto the graves. It was just his way of being.

When Reza got straight to the chase he became serious. "There's no need to worry. I change my number every time I move locations, you are the only one who has my number," he said. "Perhaps we should meet and talk more. I've found out a few things myself," he said.

"Where can we meet?" Reza asked. He didn't know where Joshua had gone to, and Reza couldn't travel outside the city without the permission of his elders. Not that Reza would want to leave. He had a mission of his own to be working on, and he was loathe to leave it behind even for something like this. No, he needed to stay in New York.

"I'm in Savanah right now. I can't leave until I follow up on the lead, where the next vampire 'elder' would be with the amulet. I'll see if I can meet you back in New York in the same warehouse where we met," he said softly into the phone, pouring out a bag of blood. This blood seemed fresher but blood was blood to him. It would suffice to keep him strong for the impending fight.

"All right," Reza said, though he sounded a little worried. "Just be careful. There is something very serious going on with those amulets." He was quiet for a moment, letting that sink in, before saying, "Call me when you're back in New York. You should have my number now, yes?" If his phone had caller ID, that would be the case.

"Alright, I'll call you in a few days then," he said, saying goodbye. He finished feeding before he decided to go to sleep. The days passed and Joshua had not called Reva around the day he had said he would call. After a few hours until the next day started, Reza's phone rang. It was Joshua. "Hey... Sorry for not calling for so long, got busy," he said softly. "I'm at the place so you can go and meet me here," he said into the phone.

Reza answered the call, glad to hear from the hunter. He went to meet the man at the designated place, going armed as usual. He wouldn't go anywhere unarmed. It would be suicidal for him to go out without them, of course.

"Joshua?" he called as he entered the warehouse, looking for the man. The sooner he found him, the better. They had a lot to discuss tonight. Plus, Reza was thirsty. The sooner they were done talking, the sooner Reza could get something to drink.

Joshua was sitting on a ledge looking out into the night sky. He heard his name and saw Reza walking into the warehouse. He jumped down and chuckled. "Sorry, admiring the night sky," he said softly. He had the same black leather duster and black leather boots. He had a plain black shirt that had blood splattered on it. Seemed he found someone to kill. That would explain the new dirt pile and ashes next to it. He looked over at Reza, a calm expression. He pulled out the newer amulet. It was a bit different from the others, but still had the main symbol in the center, but it was surrounded by other symbols. "This was with the last vampire I found in Savanah. He wouldn't tell me anything else, so I took this and let him burn," he said casually. He handed it to Reza, not knowing of the dangers the symbol held.

Reza took the new amulet from Joshua, giving it a close look. He didn't hand it back to the hunter, though. Instead, he pocketed it.

"I want to show those other symbols to my elder," he said. "He might know what they mean." With the amulet put away, he went into his explanation about the symbols. "There is an ancient group of demon-worshippers known as the Baali, and that symbol is their mark," he explained. "They were thought to have been wiped out and their dark masters destroyed, but if these symbols really are theirs, then clearly some survived to pass on their arts."

He didn't sound happy about this at all, and he concluded with, "These ancient sorcerers nearly wiped out my clan a very long time ago. If they really are returning, then it is my duty to ensure their destruction."