Getting By

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pain . . . All I could feel was pain, that pain was short lived, and slowly washed away into numbness as my body began to loos to much blood. The bullets must have hit an artery7 or something. I'd been shot before and never lost this much blood. Dambit. My eyes grew heavy and I had to fight more and more to keep them open. I knew I had been lifted and carried to threw the forest. I knew I'd been tossed in the back of tyhe truck with the others. But I never felt it. My body had grown so numb, my mind so weak,it was all I could do to keep my eyes open. hen the truck lurched to a stop, and the fire began to surround us, I figured They would leave me and I would die. But they Didn't. Instead they brought me with them.

A week passed and after they'd patched me up I decided to stay with them. My sense of smell helped us avoid the occasional bandit and creature. I hunted for food when I could and helped out here and there but for the most part I stayed to myself. It was when We came to this abandoned building that I stepped away. As I walked around the permiter of the building I took note of windows and the lack of foliage around. This was not my ideal hunting ground in fact. Without the foliage to hide me. I was like a fish out of water.When I finally managed to find a shady spot I sat down and let out a heavy sigh. My home had burnt to the ground, and I was still to weak to survive on my own. In fact I'd be dead If it wasn't For these people. Running my hand through my hair I stared at the sky. Could I really stay with these people? Could I trust them?

The women, Alexia, she was Ok. She didn't care for seeking out violence. She only cared for protecting the people she cared about. In fact. When I was in the verge of dying, waiting to fall into the firey pits of hell, she was the one who protested that they should do everything they could to save me. While the rest wanted to save the supplies, rather then waste them on a complete stranger on the verge of death, I remember her voice ringing out in protest to save my life. Gritting my teeth I slammed my fist angrilly into the ground before mumbling a few curses under my breath. After a long while of sitting there, I finally stould and made my way back to the others. Stepping inside the building I found everyone split into there cliques Like they'd been from the beginning. I'd stayed to myself for the most part so noone knew anything about me. ut I had listened to them. I knew enough to know where myaliegence was going to lie.

With a fire in my eyes I unholstered my revolver and gripped it by the barrel, holding the grip outwards, and made my way to Alexia. As soon as She spotted me headinbg towards her I noticed that hesitation, that fear of not knowing what someone was thinking in her eyes. but I didn't falter. I walked right up to her and held my gun out to her saying "Your name is Alexia correct." It was less of a question and more of a statement and I didn't give her time to reply before I continued on saying "You saved my life. To you it may not have meant much, but to me it showed me the type of person you are . . ." Slowly I raised my hand holding my gun out to her to take saying "You are not a bad person, I can see this clearly. You don't know me, and You may not trust me, But as a thank you I want you to have this. You lost one of your pistols in the forest. I know this old revolver may not be a suitable replacement, but I want you to have it, and I want you to know that you have my help should you ever need it." I stould there offering my hand in friendship. Well gun technically. I didn't know weather she would except or not. But weather she di or not, I would still repay her for what she did for me. One way or another.

Elijah Hayden
(Purple eyes.)
tumblr_motti2NbFx1rej1qno1_500.gif

5107_apocalyptic_destruction.jpg

Elijah sat in waiting by his edge of the city that had fallen to ruin long ago. It was a city were riots had run rampant through out leaving many cars toppled and many windows broken. What they fought over Elijah knew little about. Just the from the age of six, to his current age of 12, a span of six years it was a city where violence was a
necessity. It was a city where violence ruled.

Elijah had been irrevocably changed over the course of one night. In one night he had seen his father beaten to death, his mother raped. He'd seen blood stain his young hands when psychosis set in and begged him to plunge an ice pick into a man's throat and felt his life dissipate with each gurgle and scream. His mother would die later of wounds inflicted on her. This left Elijah with no where to go, no one watch over him, he wandered and eventually found some stability. A band of individuals led by a man named Luke.

There was only one problem though. Their often callous and vicious natures were no where to be seen in the boy. If anything, he often helped his intended targets escape rather than rob them blind. He was too 'soft' too kindhearted to truly be one of them and more often than not it drew the ire of other members who often beat young Elijah silly. Even now as he sat by the window spacing out, he sported a brand new black eye that couldn't help but wince shut. When he did notice movement, it was Alexia as she wandered in from the wastes of the outside...

He watched the young woman like a jackal. He paced the office back and forth trying to psyche himself up for what he felt he had to do--rob this woman of her valuables--then callously ditch her and head back to the meeting point. He clenched his fists with conviction. He couldn't fail, not this time. They had made it it abundantly clear what would happen should he fail this time. They would kick him out of the roving , marauding troupe. He knew he couldn't very well survive on his own.

Fear was guiding his decisions. Fear could do a lot of things to a person and their judgement. Turning someone ordinarily harmless into an actual danger was rudimentary. So, swallowing that otherwise modest and caring nature he carried with him, he pulled out the gun they had given him. It was a Taurus Model 738. The lightest gun Tarus had produced. It only weighed 10 ounces. Although with a lower profile, it only packed 7 bullets per magazine. The bullets themselves for the semi-auto were only .380 ACP. The power of .380ACP did not provide suitable penetration for combat. It did find use as a backup gun due to low recoil. The .380 ACP round was considered suitable for self-defense situations, and as a result, it has been a viable choice for concealed carry pistols. The combination of decent penetration in close range defense situations with light recoil has made it a viable round for those who wish to carry a small, lightweight handgun that can still provide adequate defense.

He fumbled with the gun, obviously not one experienced with guns. He drew the slide back hesitantly and cocked the gun, releasing the slide and allowing it to revert. He then hurried outside, running down halls down two flights of stairs and jogged in a somewhat rushed manner towards Alexia staying behind behind buildings and fences that obscured any view of him. But he never left his eyes off the young woman.

Unfortunately, crawling through abandoned buildings had the knack of being home to many resident animals and this included snakes. So when he stepped out of the alley way, he unknowingly had a small Garter Snake sticking out of the back of his shirt like it w ere an extra head or something.

"H-H-Hey! Y-Y-You! Give me all you got!" He lifted the pistol with both hands, but he was trembling and held his eyes tightly shut like HE were the one about to get shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
He'd lost his gun, about half his food supply, and the remnants of his formerly favorite red shirt, but somehow John had managed to hold onto the radio and his belt. The belt he used as a strap so he could walk around without clutching the radio in his hands. He put on his spare shirt - his last spare shirt now - and with the belt holding the radio his pants felt uncomfortably loose. Someone, in their infinite wisdom, had given him the map.

"You'd think instead of giving me nano meds, the doctors could have found a way to give me the basic ability to read a map," he said as they were all gathered around. He wanted to get a clear indication of what the nearby town was. "Are we in Oregon, or Washington?" He turned the map. "That's not Boise out there, is it?"

Then he had a thought of where they could be and he swiftly turned on Alexia.

"Alexia," he said. "Please tell me that's not Luke's town, the one I told you we should go through all possible efforts to avoid."

Her initial silence was not encouraging. John threw the map to the ground. "It is isn't it?! Damn it! I told you it was a bad idea!"

Alexias eye caught the flicker of movement as wolf approached her clique within the gaggle. She had parted her lips to reply, when he began to speak. She let herself stay silent as he spoke, simply nodding when he basically told her, her own name instead of asking. Surprise flickered through her as he continued his little speech. In the back of her mind, the brunette couldn't help but compare the situation to a knight or something offering his sword to a king. But that would be ridiculous. She wasn't a king and not many folks now-a-days could boast chivalry. Purple orbs bounced between the gun and the man holding it out to her. She flashed a small, hesitant smile at the man before she pulled herself to her feet. She pressed the gun back to him.

"I can get by with the one, you might need that one, keep it." Besides, she still had 17 of her throwing knives left, a knife in her boot and a couple small ones in her bra. But he didn't need to know that….especially the bit about her bra. Those were secret-oh-fuck-how'd-I-get-myself-into-this-mess emergency gear. "I appreciate the gesture." She added, warmth flickering in her violet eyes briefly as she spoke. Then she eased around the man and began to head out of the building, mutely taking first watch as the air outside darkened a little more. (and successfully escaping about halfway through Johns rant as she volunteered.)

The warm night air washed at her face as she ducked through the door and into the old streets, she could still hear John as slid away from the building. She walked along, glancing about as she did. Her hand rested at the Eagle on her hip. She'd have to watch it with her bullets, she only managed to grab and keep a single box of the ammo necessary for it. Hell she didn't have much on her at all. When she'd fled from the truck, she'd managed to grab two boxes of bullets, one of which she lost in the mad dash to get out of the fire, a couple energy bars, a single tank top, and that was only because it had been twisted up in her jacket. Oh, and she still had four twenties still stuck to the inside of her jeans. Other than that though, Alexia had lost everything else except the clothes on her back, including about four inches of her hair.

The brunette fingered the shorter strands. On the way down, something had snagged her hair, and well, needless to say someone, she still couldn't remember who, had chopped it. It had saved time, and it had probably been time for a haircut anyways.

Alexia froze as a young voice rang out from behind her. Slowly, she slid her hands into the air, wry grin in place. Of course she would've gotten snuck up on. That's just how her luck was lately. The brunette slowly turned around, hands still in the air. She glanced at her assailant, taking note of his age, and his eyes, a few shades darker than her own oddly colored orbs. But then, she noticed the snake sticking out from his collar. Without conscious thought, the woman shrieked and jumped backwards in total irreplaceable and irrational fear. She didn't stop backing up until she overturned something at her feet. Glancing down, Alexia screamed again, a high shrill sound before jumping away from the much larger bull snake that had been lurking under the old piece of metal. Well, so much for keeping a low profile. Maybe I should be louder next time. she snarked at herself sarcastically as she jumped up and onto an old dumpster.

I half expected her to refuse my gun, and in all honesty she was probably right. was out of my element and my claws wouldn't do me to well in a long range engagement. None the less I understood. I turned to catch one last glimpse of her leaving before letting out a sigh saying "Cheeky . . ." I didn't much care that she'd refused my gun as I had the fact that she had taken first watch. I liked the solitude of being on watch and much rather preffered the peace and alone time. I slowly made my way across the room to a darkenned corner. It was less out of comfort and more so out of habit that I sought out such places. They were safer. Made me harder to spot. and if several amred men rushed into the room I'd be less likely to get capped first.

Sitting down on the floor noticed a small hole in the wall . . . It was a rat hole. Smiling to myself I pulled out one of my rat traps and set it by the hole. I figured I would either catch something to eat or not. Either way Why not? That's when I heard the scream. I wasn't sure who's it was, but my naturale instinct was to investigate. Standing from my corner I unholstered my gun and pulled back the pin with my thumb saying "Anybody else here that scream?" I didn't mind going out there on my own but I preffered company. Just not the sudo miltary type. I know we were all sort of together now, but I still didn't like the military group. They were obviously trained, and had much more superior firepower. But they used it wrong. If i had access to that Kind of equipment and training. I wouldn't go around offing random people for there gear. I'd spend my time helping people. Of course, I didn't know all of there circumstances. till, I didn't care to much to remember there names one way or another. They were just fodder to keep bullets from hitting me at this point.

Miles Dyson

"You'd think instead of giving me nano meds, the doctors could have found a way to give me the basic ability to read a map,"
John had said. It made Miles mentally want to facepalm the guy.

"Give me that!" Miles grumbled, snatching the map away from him. "You can't read it right, if you have the damn'ed thing upside down." He turned the map right side up then pointed at the map.

"Odd numbered highways like 85, 67, etc then it runs north and south, up and down on the map, as north is ordinarily always at the top of the page. Even numbered highways such as 40, 66, etc always run east to west, from side to side on the map. See? Secondly you need to understand map scales. The map scale shows you a ratio of map distance to real distance. These differ in size from map to map. Look for the scale, generally located on the side or bottom of the map. " He slid his gloved hand down while the other held up the map to be seen. This map is 1:100,000. 1 unit on the map is the equivalent of 100,000 units in real life. You should get
Get a 1:25,000 map for walking, a 1:190,000 map for driving and a 1:24,000,000 map for seeing the whole world." He explained to John.

Reaching down into one of his many pouches along his waist. He had stripped his vest and was wearing the pouches along his waist, that had strapped to his kevlar vest. He still had the vest, but after their cease fire which he did with great hesitation, he had taken it off to tend to the damaged dermal armor. He had to take the entire chest plat off revealing the horrifying appearance of A man that had gone to hell and back. Most if not all of his organs had been replaced with artificial similarities.

Hr retrieved his Swiss army knife, one that had an extendable ruler which he pulled out with his teeth. " To determine how far your destination is, use a ruler and the scale to measure how many miles it is from point A to B." He then explained and held the ruler up to the map. "For example, if your map's scale is 1:250,000, and the distance from point A to point B is 6 inches, the total distance is 6 x 250,000 = 1,500,000 inches. One mile is 63,360 inches, so the distance from point A to point B is 1,500,000 ÷ 63,360 = 23.7 miles. That said..." Miles accurately pinpointed their location. " Yes, I'd say that was Boise."

The map was suddenly ripped out of his hands, in the middle of his tirade, and John didn't mind. The damn thing was useless to him, anyway. He looked over Miles' shoulder as he explained the map, indicating what was what, and explaining scale, which John didn't really care about but listened all the same.

When Miles stopped to open up his chest plate John couldn't help but look. Rude? Probably. A sight anyone could possibly look away from? Doubtful. John couldn't help feeling pity for this man. In his view, Miles was still kind of a dick, but he'd been through Hell, and hadn't come back out completely intact.

"I'm assuming you heard about the nano med project towards the end of the war," he said. "It was meant to stop things like that from happening. Keeping you whole, alive, and healthy. I'm sorry it wasn't ready in time for you to try it out. No one should have to go through what you did."

That being said, there were dangers to the nano meds John decided weren't worth mentioning at the moment. The dangers were mainly psychological, usually giving the patient some kind of god-complex. He remembered Luke, and gave a sigh of relief when Miles told him they were near Boise.

"Good. 'Cause Luke wouldn't go anywhere near Idaho. Looks like you're off the hook Alexia," John said. She was gone. "Alexia?"

Then they heard a scream.

"I'll take that gun, Wolf, if you don't want it," he said.

Syn's team, down to handguns and knives, patrolled the area, sticking within earshot with the rest of the group. Mark was the only one that was still wary of the group; the others were fine and dandy with being in a larger group, despite Henry getting beaten up by some hybrid.

But Mark was the most wary, and knew that any town could be their last. He never left his remaining SMG and handgun anywhere, always holding or holstered them. And in this case, it was fortunate he did so.

From his vantage point on the roof, he had been watching the group stand around consult with the map. When he became bored with watching them, he had moved from roof to roof, looking for a store or something to scavenge, his eyes open and ready for anything.

And when the scream sounded out, Mark went running. Across one more rooftop, then another, then a narrow alleyway. He stopped at the top, checked to see what was below, saw nothing but pipes and trash and dumpsters, so he vaulted over the lip of the roof, dropped to the ground from the 2 story building, rolled painfully, came up with his handgun, and he paused, waiting for someone to fire.

After a moment, nothing happened, and he got up and started running again, out into the street and ducking behind dead trees, cars, buses, anything to give any opportunistic sniper a hard time. All the while, he could hear his squadmates over his commlink, which he scavenged from his ruined helmet, coordinating and moving across the rooftops towards Alexia's position.

Moments later, he turned a corner and found a kid, small and starving by his eyes, eyes shut painfully and holding a little handgun, a peashooter, really.
He guessed Alexia was the one on the dumpster, though he didn't waste time glancing at her, and raised his own handgun, one of the last pre-collapse Sig Sauer handguns, complete with a silencer that doubled the length of the pistol, and a laser sight.

Raising it to sight in on the kid, he yelled out in the voice that was used oh-so-often in his time of US Military Service.

"DROP THE GODDAMN WEAPON, NOW, AND PUT YOUR HANDS UP WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!"

John chased after the military men, not bothering Wolf with his plea for a weapon again. This was Alexia they were talking about. His dear friend, like a sister. He couldn't wait for a weapon. Like the soldiers, he sprang into action, running behind.

He soon calmed down when they found Alexia on the dumpster, some kid standing in front of her. Oh Alexia, he thought. There goes, like, all your street cred. Getting sneaked up on and chased on top of a dumpster by a kid?

"You alright, Alexia?" he asked. "Yeah, she looks alright. Who's the kid?"

I stil wanted the revolver, but I didn't even have the chance to respectfully decline John's offer before they all took off towards the screams. They were quick to move, I hade to give them that. I followed suit after, my plauged with a dull ache where I'd been shot. I quickly lost sight of John and the other's by the time I stepped out the door, so Instead of chasing blindly I unplugged my nose and took a hard wiff of the polluted, possibly toxic, air. The scent was strong and almost nausiating. I hated that about my sense of smell. It was so sensative I almost always gagged when I first unplugged it. I quickly sifted through the scents in the air until I found a familiar one, and then I was off again. It didn't take long to find the Alley That Alexia and the others were in.

I quickly glanced around finding Alexia ontop of a dumpster with john near her, and on the opposite side of them stood one of the military boy's, with his gun trained at the boy's head. I didn't know who the boy was, or why He was pointing a gun at alexia, But In my book you didn't point a gun at a kids head. STepping into the alley I quickly made my way between John and the boy shouting at the military meathead, "Hey lugnut! Lower your bloody gun! He's just a kid for christ sake! Bloody hell man what the hell is wrong with you?" Moving my eyes to meet the kids I smiled hesitently saying "Look you see this gun, I'm going to put it away, So would you kindly lower yours and we can talk, Ok?" I slowly lowered my hand, slipping my gun into it's holster before moving my hand to reach into my side pocket. I then pulled out a piece of dried meat saying "Here, You look hungry. Have a piece of rat jerky." I new the idea of eating "Rat Jerky" might not have sounded like the most appealing thing in the world, but I t was actually quite good in my opinion.

Elijah Hayden
(Purple eyes.)
tumblr_motti2NbFx1rej1qno1_500.gif

There was a long pause. A bated breath--was that supposed to happen? That pause? Elijah winced one eye open, but then she shrieked. Her panic made the young boy panic, nearly dropping the gun when he himself jumped back and nearly cause him to pull the trigger when he fumbled the gun trying desperately to regain composure. His heart was racing. Was that supposed to happen?! Did he scare her?

"Maybe I should apologize.." We whispered. "H-H-H-Hey! I'm s-s-sorry!" He exclaimed taking a step towards her.

His entire body language; from the way he held his hands down low but spread out from his body. To the way he hunched over, keeping his head low. Told anyone more experienced than he was that he wasn't cut out for this sort of thing. He was too nice to be honest. And too honest to be deceitful which had become a necessity in this war torn world. He was truly a person to be admired, if not confounded by for all that he has went through. He was seemingly one of the last truly good people alive in a world that had become so ugly and marred with violence. He seemed to have a clear aversion to violence; when he though he might have to squeeze the trigger willingly, he shut his eyes, hyperventilated and shook madly.

However, in catching his breath he watched the woman who was his 'pick' of the day he noticed her scurrying to get away from a Gopher snake. Gopher snakes looked like venomous rattlesnakes. They had the same markings, and they had extra skin and when they hissed, it sounded more like the rattle from a rattlesnake going off. He might not have been the brightest crayon in the box, but he could put two and two together. She was obviously scared of snakes.

"Oh! Hold on!" He shouted, rushing over to her, the snake stick tucked somewhat in his worn, dingy clothes. He grabbed the fairly sizable snake up being careful not to hurt it but clamping its mouth shut. He carried it away from Alexia releasing it to slither under a turned car. That's when he realized he had a friend in his sleeve. He carefully pulled the Garter snake, a much smaller serpent from his sleeve and released it too back into the wilderness.

"There we go." He erected himself, standing there quite pleased. He then walked back towards Alexia. "There! All done." He smiled then it hit him. He was helping his target AGAIN.

"No, no, no, no!" He grabbed his head seeming quite frantic and distressed. "I did it again! Oh man, I'm never gonna make it on my own!" He started crying but right in mid sob he turned to see man who he might add was much bigger than he was pointing his gun at him.

"DROP THE GODDAMN WEAPON, NOW, AND PUT YOUR HANDS UP WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!"

"You alright, Alexia?" he asked. "Yeah, she looks alright. Who's the kid?"

Animal instinct took over and he immediately aimed his own gun at the man, the look of fear in his eyes could tell him everything. He was being forced to do this. He wasn't a bad boy, he didn't want to to hurt anybody in truth. If nothing else, his trembling belied his reluctant nature to give into the impulse to squeeze the trigger. When the second man, John showed up also arm Elijah became bewildered. And took several steps back, tripping over a rock he collapsed backwards shuffling backward quickly he picked himself back up.

A third man appeared--had he picked the wrong target? He hadn't seen these men near her originally. But as he switched his focus between the three men, his shaking became all too evident. It was sure to be said that he had been abused by his peers it left him entirely unsure of trusting much of anyone. The third man approached cautiously. Not because he was unsure of what Elijah
might do, but rather because he wanted to diffuse the situation in a different way.

"Look you see this gun, I'm going to put it away, So would you kindly lower yours and we can talk, Ok?" He holstered his gun, then reached in his pocket.

Unsure of the movement he trained his gun on the man, but kept switching it back and forth between him and the other man who was pointing a gun at him. When the third man retrieved the jerky, no matter how unsavory it sounded--it was food and he wasn't about to complain about that. He was eyeing the jerky like it were gold or some other precious commodity.

"Drop the fucking gun or I will drop you! You shoot me, I shoot you and 4 more guns will put a bullet in you, so DROP THE FUCKING GUN AND PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR BEFORE I GET TIRED OF WAITING!"

He went to reach for the jerky, almost immediately he heard the first man yelling commands at him--ehich again--startled him back into being defensive. Elijah jerked back, holding his gun up to the man that yelled at him, trembling so bad it probably wouldn't matter if he fired or not. If it didn't penetrate his body armor, it'd have missed him entirely.

===============================================================================

Miles Dyson

Miles was examining the map. Something didn't seem quite right. They couldn't have run over three state lines in their hurry to get the hell out of dodge. But what the fuck was it? He kept feeling like he had misspoke. Either way, he was too busy with the map to notice much of anything, let alone this man noticing the majority of pumps, tubing, wires and artificial organs that made him a macabre reminder of the crude measures that they had gone through to get to John's ability to regenerate.

"I'm assuming you heard about the nano med project towards the end of the war," John said. But even this little hint hardly prepared him for what was to be said next.

"Yeah...I heard about it."He responded to John.

"It was meant to stop things like that from happening. Keeping you whole, alive, and healthy. I'm sorry it wasn't ready in time for you to try it out. No one should have to go through what you did."

Admittedly, Miles became very aware of his exposed chest cavity. He never liked showing it off.It had always reminded him of what he had lost in the war. It made him feel less...human. His arms weren't his own. His lungs weren't his own--even his heart was a manufactured, high quality synthetic. If one listened closely, he didn't make normal breathing sounds. He sounded constantly out of breath or like his voice was raspy and mechanical.

"I wouldn't change a thing." He responded in his deeply mechanical voice. "My country needed me and I joined for that reason. Besides with no me, there'd be no you." He wasn't being a smart ass about it. Hell, even his tone of voice had softened some what. He meant it sincerely. That was what being a soldier was about. Protecting people from the harshness of the world.

Miles drove himself deeper in though, not paying no heed to John as he ran off along with the wolf hybrid or whatever the hell he was--what the hell was he? It would be sometime before he realized that he had read the map wrong--they weren't going near Boise Idaho, they were near Seattle Washington. However, by the time he realized this, everyone was...well, gone.

"Ah shit. Now I have to find that asshole again." He muttered. He then heard shouting. "Oh, there they are."

Wandering over to the area that seemed
volatile. Of course Volatile didn't bother Miles much anymore. As he came upon the group he was still stuck on the map.

"Hey, I had something bugging me so I checked the map twice. We're in Seattle. Not Boise."

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark could've growled like a feral animal. My 'group' would get all pissed with me doing my job, as if protection and staying unshot and safe is tooootttaaallly cool and fun. Dumbasses, you all wanted me along for some reason, and this is my main attribute.
((Right now, think of Mark as more of a Walter-like figure [Walter is from Jeff Dunham, the ventriloquist]. He'll be more prone to kindness the more someone tries to talk to him. He's in the group, ish, physically, but not mentally. Remember, loyalty increases the performance of team members and teammates!))

And now he was almost growling, calling out in a harsh shout, "Drop the fucking gun or I will drop you! You shoot me, I shoot you and 4 more guns will put a bullet in you, so DROP THE FUCKING GUN AND PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR BEFORE I GET TIRED OF WAITING!"

Yup. Isolation may of driven him just a liiiiittle crazy.

Kuroi had been silent, from the time they had to escape throughout the whole time they traveled. He kept emotionless, leaving it bottled inside it didn't even bother him anymore it was just a natural reaction now. He had lost his jacket and now wore only a black muscle shirt, and had a knife holstered to his hip. He ran out of ammo and had to leave behind his pistol, and now he was stuck here with this group of clashing personalities. Kuroi sat in the dark most of the times, and now that everyone was becoming active to the sound of Alexia screaming he had to come out of his corner. He walked calmly towards the group his body motion calm and relaxed. He noticed the groups scattered into their categories, the soldiers trained there weapons on a child with a gun, the animal man trying to coax the kid with jerky and John tending to Alexia oh yes and miles trying to deduce their very location. The soldiers seemed to be in all willing feeling to blow the child to pieces and with them scaring him like that he will most likely shoot. Kuroi placed his hand on Mark's trained gun and pressed it down to aim towards the ground only giving him a glance before walking over to the kid and holding his hand out " Weapon now..no one will hurt you " His face blank and his eyes cold still staring at the kid, He expected the kid to hand the gun over just because the kid himself looked like he made the biggest mistake in his life. Kuroi had a thought in the back of his head that the child might shoot him and if so, this might be the last time kuroi approaches anyone. His eyes locked on the kid, but his ears listening to the surrounding incase he needed to respond in a well mannered action.

Mark didn't budge his weapon. He let him pass, to be sure, but he didn't aim any other direction. The whole goody-goody good boy crap drove him insane, being all nice and calm whenever some idiot kid who had no idea what he was doing decided to point a weapon in everyone's direction.
Fucking insane, and they act like I'm some sort of lunatic. I'm the only with the only fucking brains, because they could just as likely give you the gun as they would put a bullet in your brain.

So, muttering loud enough for the entire group to hear, "The next fucking time someone touches my weapon, I will personally floor them and anyone else that tries to intervene. This is an armed, unpredictable little kid who's scared as hell, who is just as likely to be nice and hand over the gun as he is to put a fucking bullet in your brain, but I'm somehow a lunatic for being the soldier who is well aware of armed threats."

He spit on the ground towards Kuroi, turned around and walked away. Any fighter or warrior of any kind would recognize this as the worst kind of insult; to be deemed so low that they wouldn't even consider you worth the attention to keep an eye out for an attack.

((Mark can be very temperamental. Like I said, he'll be 'in' the group physically, but getting in his way will piss him off quite a bit. Loyalty will have to be earned with him, and I'm not going to make him all easy to gain like every other character. I want to see if anyone actually tries to gain his loyalty, not suppress him, like putting a dam on a very shifty, vengeful river.))

Looking over his shoulder at Mark, Kuroi spoke monotones " If you opened your eyes, and noticed how the child shakes and cannot take aim then maybe you would realize he is not the type of shooter you think he is " Then spit, Spit...came in the direction of kuroi, The man who had the power behind his fist to put a hole in the back of your head. Kuroi's right arm began to hiss as pressure was beginning to build up inside of it, Kuroi turned about slowly to walk towards mark. At this point Kuroi was ready to send him through the wall. " Mark....turn around...now " Kuroi said as he began walking towards him, Kuroi wasn't into sucker punches that was just not his style. His steps calm and both of his arms beginning to hiss a bit from the power being built up behind them.

Speaking over his shoulder as he walked away, he replied casually, "I would remind you that I am the one with squad members on the rooftops, and two of them are some of the best shots in the military before it went down. In addition to that, I have fought against modified, enhanced humans, and other nightmarish, top-secret beasts that I was sent to put down. Do not make me turn around, or you will regret it. Turn back to your diplomacy. There is a reason there was never world peace." And he kept walking. Already, though, he was preparing himself, taking note of the frequency of his follower's footsteps, a small, small hiss from some kind of modification, which is probably heard since most everyone and everything is more or less quiet.

He was a soldier, through and through, from hell and back half a dozen times, and he was not going to let some arrogant false-human beat him. Honor didn't matter anymore; if winning means outnumbering and outgunning, so be it. He still had his pistol in hand, his knife was in his boot, and his SMG was ready to be pulled out and fired, though he would only use it as a last-cause weapon for ammunition reasons.

Kuroi smirked " You think im afraid of being shot down by one of your Bitches? " Kuroi nodded his head " what a great thought, but ya know i dont regret anything in this world anymore " His leading motion blasted a fist of with a large bat of steam surrounding his body in almost a smoke screen. The fist lead off in a quick flash of movement aimed for the back of Mark's head, Kuroi had seemed to create enough steam in the area to cover his position and his opponents position. Kuroi was not an idiot and was not arrogant, but it didn't matter who the person was disrespect is disrespect and he knew mark wanted a reply. Kuroi's body was also very light so his movements were quickened with each punch to extreme speeds, and with power behind it, it would be enough to knock down a moose.

The moment Kuroi made his beginning move, which consisted of a sudden pop and then steam exploding out, Mark rolled forward, not even bothering to try to turn and shoot. Kuroi was deadly at melee, but he was deadly at range. He felt the punch whistle over his head as he began rolling, and on instinct alone, he raised his arms up to grab the arm which would most certainly have forced the steamman to become very unbalanced, and yanked him forward with him, being much heavier and stronger.

Just because he could super-punch didn't mean that he would be able to keep his balance, especially if he were moving and expected to hit a target.

With this out of the way, and more than likely Kuroi on the ground and having to get up, Mark popped up easily, and sprinted, out of the steam cloud and down the street as fast as he could go. Lighter person or not, he was trained to do this, trained to run long and hard, and some civilian wouldn't shame him for that. In his comms unit, all he replied to the sudden traffic was, "Open fire!" which resulted in several cracks as they took random shots at the small steam cloud.

Kuroi felt the man grappled his arm and attempt to shoulder toss him from a roll, Kuroi for a moment was off balance but as he was lifted he twirled his shoulder point rotating easily as he landed on his feet he anchored himself and the arm which Mark had tried to roll over emitted steam from the knuckles increasing the pull back so that the arm would pull out from underneath mark and practically unroll him or making mark let him go. Which would lead into his follow up attack of firing off his second loaded fist, which would slam into the rib cage of confused mark sending him out of the steam and into the open road. The steam around Kuroi still thick as ever, as the second punch release more built up steam from inside of it.

Instead of trying to run again, Mark recovered, jumped up and took note of the fist coming back, and then he jumped forward before he could throw his powering-up fist, slamming into him and, with body armor and a much larger, heavier frame, knocking him on his ass. The next moment was him lashing out with his foot to kick at him, and then grabbing the SMG, just to spray bullets point-blank from his hip at the grounded steamman. He didn't pause another beat, having lost his handgun, and sprinted away, disappearing into the steam, and then running out of the cloud on the opposite side. The first alley he found, he ducked into it, jumped to the top of the dumpster, and aimed at the entrance of the alley as he pulls out his combat knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.