Gaze Upon Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan Finnegan

It took him a good few minutes before he actually began to compose himself, and when he did, all he could find himself doing was stare onto his computer's screen like it grew legs and started dancing. "Yo, Director, you okay?" One of his fellow peers asked, more specifically, Dylan Kite. He got into the family buisness through his mother, Heather. He needed help putting his life back together after getting divorced, and since he was her godson, she agreed to let him become an apprentice to Jordan. Who soon concurred out of guilt for the man.

"I-I'm not alright! The opposite in fact!"

"Woah, what's the problem?" Dylan asked, and when Jordan explained, he immediately regretted it. The other male started to snicker, then eventually going to full out laughter. "What the hash browns? That's your big problem? Just pudding call one of them." He said in between laughs, and like usual, the funeral director carefully censored any curses in his co-worker's sentence.

"Alright, that sounds easy enough!" He said, and began to pick up the office phone, but was suddenly stopped by Dylan.

"You think they'd be happy answering to a number from a funeral home? Just use your damn cell." And Jordan slowly nods, before removing his hand from the phone and to his coat pocket to take out his personal phone. Then looking back to the other man, hoping for more advice to be given. "If you don't have the balls to say anything, just text them." He complied. Jordan was much more relieved in going for that route, thus he messaged the first person who popped up for him.

'It's usually set up so the person you have the most in common with, is the first name that would be listed...So I should start with her...maybe?' He thought, and pressed send once he finished.

"Greetings, Miss Castellano, I am Jordan Finnegan. I believe we were matched in a dating site, and would love to meet you. However, for now, I'll just be introducing myself."

• Love
Reactions: Esmeray
Oliver Edit.jpg
As the clocked ticked on, Oliver decided it probably wasn't his best idea to text Brianna. Or anyone from his matches, he had no idea if any of them would even like him. As these thoughts caused turmoil in his mind, the bell sounded, announcing that his class had ended. Shaking his head, he started to throw everything into his bag, half of it ending up on the floor. Oliver had never felt so off. Why did she sign me up for this.. he thought as he picked his stuff off the floor and was the last student out the door. As he checked his phone again, hoping to see another reply, his stomach growled loudly. Oliver almost never remembered to eat in the morning. His brain didn't function enough to remember that food is often required to survive the day. Knowing he had another class, but wanting to avoid all the people in the cafeteria, Oliver debated eating on campus. He didn't want to go the whole way home. Biting his lip, he decided to face the cafeteria. After grabbing food and claiming a table in the corner, he couldn't help but look at his matches once again. Maybe I should message someone else.. Oliver knew he should be so paranoid as it had only been an hour or so after he messaged Brianna, but that didn't stop him from worrying. He needed to know that someone from his match list would reply. He needed to know that someone wanted to know him.
Let's go for the bottom this time. As he grabbed Noah's number from the match listings, he starting typing a text.

Hello! I am Oliver Kane and I was matched with you. I was hoping we could get to know each other better. If you'd like to, just call or text me anytime.

Oliver felt as pathetic as he sounded. He rest his elbow on the table and placed his head in his hand. Staring at his phone, he he read through the text multiple times before finding the strength to hit send. Well, if he doesn't answer, there's only two more people to try. Worst case scenario none of them reply back and then I can go back to being antisocial.

Noah Reed

Noah's morning had been very busy. Not busy in the sense that he was doing a lot, but he'd had a lot to occupy his thoughts. Like what he was going to message Oliver when he got a chance and just how stupid that morning's message to Brianna had been. Doing things like that first thing in the morning was just as risky as making decisions late at night yet it was doing both of those things that had got him exactly where he was now. Still, he wouldn't say he was unhappy about the situation. Nervous excitement could be fun too sometimes.

This was what he decided on as he sat in the cool shade beneath a tree in the Tidewater Community College campus Noah had just begun to eat lunch (intending to contact his other match after he'd eaten, although he still wasn't sure what to say) when he felt his phone buzz. Reading the text he recognised the name of his other potential date instantly and for a moment freaked out just a little. He hadn't even considered that he might message him first but it wasn't as though such a thing was impossible he supposed. But what should he reply? Or should he phone him instead? He did say 'call or text me anytime'... he mused. If Oliver was a student like him then he'd probably also be on a break right now. If he didn't answer or didn't want to talk then it wouldn't be the end of the world either.

After taking a couple of seconds to mentally prepare himself, as well as taking a quick swig of water, Noah hit the call button on his phone. In the seconds whilst he waited for it to ring with stilled breath he thought he could hear his own heart beating.​

• Love
Hitoshi Uchiyama

After walking out of the café he took a bite of his éclair and started to chew while he walked as fast as he could.Once he stopped at a crosswalk he took a sip of his coffee only to surprised by the taste of black coffee.He frowned from the bitter taste that he wasn't used to,'What is this? This isn't what I asked for.What should I do?'Hitoshi thought feeling disappointed.He looked around then looked at his watch,'Good,I still have forty five minutes left until class starts.So I'll quickly go back to the café and get what I asked for.Then I'll get to class before I'm late.'He thought then swiftly turned around and began walking back to the café just as swiftly.Once he arrived at the café again he went to the counter and hit the bell causing a soft ding to ring out.Since the guy who rang up his coffee and éclair wasn't there anymore he had to wait for someone to show up.

Although Hitoshi hadn't been waiting long he found himself growing more and curious about his matches.So he sat his coffee down on the counter and took his phone out of his pocket again.He unlocked his phone's screen and clicked into his text then without hesitation clicked the link to view his matches.As soon as the page loaded he read the names,"Katelyn Winters,Brianna Herondale and Theresia Fraser.Hmm...those are all such beautiful names.Since Katelyn is at the top of matches she must be my most compatible match.I wonder what Katelyn is like?Should I text her right now?"Hitoshi says thinking out loud.While he was reading and thinking to himself he had forgotten all about the world around him.Right now he was focused on trying to imagine what his matches might look like and what kind of personalities they have.He even found himself wondering if they lived in the same state as he did,but little did he know how close his matches were.

• Love
Brianna Herondale

[imga]http://p1.i.ntere.st/f7288b3d745ea15dc08858176f173e4a_480.jpg[/imga]

As Brianna walked down the hallways with her shoes clicking everytime she took a step, she felt her phone vibrating and stopped. Who on earth would send her a text message at this hour? All of her friends know to not disturb her when she's in the university, so, who could this be?

She then fished out her phone from her pocket and read the text message, shocked and flabbergasted. "Oh no..." Brianna whispered as her heart pounded loudly and her stomach churned. She can't believe that her match texted her and wanted to meet up. Is fate really playing with her? She just declared a couple of minutes ago that she's ready to find a man, but she wasn't expecting it to be now!

Brianna's mind is going haywire, thinking of what to do. Of course she wanted to meet one of her matches, but is she really ready? She quickly ran to the bathroom to check herself in the mirror. Her long pink hair is tied up in a side ponytail with a bow holding it into place, her lips still glossy from the lip gloss and her face still looking fresh. "W-Wait.. Am I.. blushing?" she asked herself, noticing the faint pink tinge on her cheeks. She can't believe she's checking herself in the mirror because of a guy! This is the first time she did that ever!

"God, what is happening to me?" she mumbled and shook her head. Brianna then took a deep breath and gulped, staring at the screen before texting back with shaky hands. She didn't know what to reply, but she did her best to sound as nonchalant as possible. She didn't want his match to think that she's desperate to meet him, but not to the extent that he'll think she's not interested.

"I would love to. How about today around noon for tea time? You'll find me in the Biddeford University's botanical gardens. I assume you know what I look like? If not, look for a girl with a pink hair. I'm sure I won't be that hard to find."

Moments after she sent the text message, another message popped into her screen which surprised her. The number is an unknown one, but its not from Oliver. Curious, she opened the text and let out a faint smile after reading it. So Noah Reed is a nursing student of Biddeford? Sure she was shocked at first but quickly recovered at his awkward text. Why does it feel like he's a fun guy? Deciding that she'll also meet him today, she sent him her reply.

"I would love to meet up with you but I'm afraid I already have plans this afternoon. Perhaps we can meet later in the evening? I'll be at the Oasis Club. In case you don't know what I looks like, I'm the girl with pink hair. I'm sure I won't be hard to find"

Last edited:
  • Love
Skylar's morning had been... uneventful. Having been matched on some dumb dating website hadn't changed his routine or mentality at all. Instead of worrying about it, he had strolled to class that morning with his headphones on, humming along quietly. He'd paid attention, taken notes, done the same thing he'd always done. Once class was dismissed and it was right around lunchtime, he, as usual, met up with his friends in the cafeteria - the same friends that had set him up with that website. Brender, the one who had sent the email in question, slung his arm around Skylar the minute he reached their usual meeting spot. He was wearing a black beanie and was dressed not unlike Skylar himself, though he was definitely the flashier of the two. Despite also wearing simple jeans and a sweater, the other boy had three piercings on his left ear and wore a thick gold band on each thumb. A bracelet of solid red metal hung from the right wrist, the left being occupied by several leather-and-bead bracelets. Surprisingly enough, he was not in possession of any tattoos. "So, you see my email last night?"

"You see mine, you blinged-up two-faced donkey?" The blue-haired boy shot back disdainfully, poking fun at the jewelry the other boy wore so flamboyantly.

"I saw something, but I figured a poor pathetic desperate soul like yourself would never turn down such charity. Don't tell me, you've been hiding the fact that you're scared of girls finding out your hair down there is blue, too. We all know it's true already, crack-pot." What proceeded was a rapid-fire conversation that mostly consisted of increasingly colorful and inventive obscenities. The exchange seemed downright caustic to those around them, but the two of them barely glanced at each other as they spoke, and never once raised their voices, simply grinning when one of them pulled off a particularly stupid insult. They got their food continuing this largely meaningless back-and-forth and were joined by a couple other boys as well. One - the aforementioned Jason who did not, in fact, have an ugly step-sister - jumped right into the game, swapping cleverly thought-up adjectives with a great deal of aplomb. The other just snorted and got his food in silence. This was not exactly an irregular occurrence. The four of them had been friends since high school, and though their group used to be bigger, they didn't stop treating each other like family.

Although their weird little game was kept alive while they got their food and found a good table, once they'd all properly settled in, the tone of the conversation calmed dramatically, though it still maintained that air of slightly sarcastic flippancy. "So, did you sign up for the site or not?" Jason asked.

For the briefest of seconds, Skylar considered lying about it, but he banished the thought immediately. They'd be on his back until he signed up for something. "Yeah. By the way, which one of you assholes came up with this great idea in the first place?"

"It was my idea actually." Said the one who'd been relatively quiet the whole time. His name was Max. He munched on his egg sandwich casually. "Felicia's been complaining about you guys coming over all the time. These two jokers would probably come over girl or no girl, but I figured a girl might leech some of the stupid out of you at least." Skylar wasn't quite sure if he'd just been complimented or insulted in this case, but that happened so often with them that he just took it in stride at this point.

"Hey!" Brender protested, "What happened to 'bros before hoes,' man?"

Max gave a slightly wicked smile. "That rule only applies when we're single cause we don't have the balls to commit. So... guess it still applies to you, but not me anymore."

Brender snorted. "You sound like a girl. I could commit whenever I want, but I like being a free man."

With his usual equanimity, the other boy ignored their mutual friend and spoke to Skylar directly. "So, you like the site? Found anyone?"

Skylar shrugged. "They recommended one to me, but I haven't gotten around to contacting her yet. Anyways, I gotta go get some more water." Without waiting for them to figure out whether or not they wanted to pester him more about it, he jumped up and refilled his cup of water, hoping they'd have moved on by the time he returned. Unfortunately, the trip didn't go as smoothly as he had hoped. While he managed to pour the water without any difficulty, on his way back, someone in the seat he was passing jerked up, forcing Skylar to move suddenly. He had managed to stay free of any injuries, but the water came flying out of the cup, drenching both himself and a boy sitting all alone next to the wall (Oliver Kane). The blue-haired kid looked at the other boy in silence for a moment, then just opened his mouth long enough to swear before going back for napkins. Lots of napkins.

@Kitsy

[BCOLOR=transparent]Colab post between Oliver Kane and Noah Reed
( @Strawberry275 , @firejay1 )
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Buzz, Buzz. Buzz. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Oliver jumped at his phone ringing against the hard table. As he picked it up, mid drink, he almost spilt it everywhere. His heart dropped to his stomach and his brain went into overdrive. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]That was fast.. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]He thought as he tried to calm his breathing. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]What do I do? What do I say? [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Oliver realized his phone was going to go to voicemail if he didn't answer it within the next few seconds. As he cleared his throat, he hit answer. And that's when the water hit him. He didn't even notice anyone was behind him. He stared at the guy, taking in his blue hair and slim face. Oli had no idea who he was, only that he'd probably almost hurt the poor guy in excitement. He stared bewildered, as the boy turned away. Oliver decided to stand at this point, because of the water pooling in the seat of his chair.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Hello?[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] His voice came out, frail and soft.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Noah could hear ringing on the other end of the line and waited patiently for Oliver to pick up. Then waited a little longer. Then a little more. Just when it seemed there wasn't going to be any answer it connected and he heard a faint hello.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hey, Oliver? It's me, Noah. Ah, if you're busy right now we don't have to talk though, sorry to disturb you. I just thought it was worth a try since you offered..."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Realising that he was probably rambling Noah trailed off, feeling a little sheepish although his own uncertainty was masked by the cheeriness of his voice. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Anyway, uh...hi." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Nono, I'm fine to talk. You're not a disturbance. I just didn't expect you to reply so quickly." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Oliver said quickly, smiling to himself. Sure he was drenched, but he would handle that in a minute. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"I'm afraid I don't have long though. I might have been so excited about your call that I almost backed my chair into someone, in which he accidently gave me a nice shower of water." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]He rambled on, unable to stop the words from pouring out of his mouth. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Nice, Great. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]he thought, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]I'm sure I sound super normal now.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Oliver hung his head, trying not to be as awkward as he humanly could. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well, I'm on lunch break right now, so-"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Noah was interrupted by the [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]ding[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] of his own phone alerting him to a new text. Not wanting to try and open it now in case he messed up and somehow hung up by accident or something (he was not very good with technology even at the best of times) he ignored it and instead focused on what Oliver was telling him. Something about getting splashed with water…? [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Aww, you okay?"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Noah asked, suppressing a soft chuckle. He felt bad for laughing but he couldn't help it; it was a pretty funny image. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]And that sorta clumsiness is kinda cute.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"Go get cleaned up. We can always talk more another time when you're not soaking wet." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Uh, yeah. I'm fine. Kind of cold now." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Oliver could swear he could hear almost hear laughter at the other end. He looked over and noticed the blue haired man grabbing that seemed to be a million napkins. Oliver shook his head. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"I would like to talk to you again. I really am glad you called Noah." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]He said in his most sincere voice. If Oliver had more conversations like this, maybe his sister wasn't wrong in signing him up. He would never let her have the satisfaction of knowing it was a good idea though. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"My offer always stands. You can always call or text me at anytime. If you ever wanted to meet up, we can figure that out too. As long as I'm not working or in class, you'll have my full attention" [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Oliver added, not quite knowing where that courage came from. For once, he didn't regret saying being so honest. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yeah, it's probably not a good idea to stay like that for too long,"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Noah nodded, hoping he would at least be able to find a towel or something. It wasn't a particularly cold day or anything, but...it still wasn't a great idea to wander around soaked in water. As Oliver told him he wanted to talk again some time he found himself smiling, pleased that despite nerves and some awkwardness on both sides their rather brief conversation had gone well. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"I really enjoyed talking to you too, Oliver. Same goes to you, feel free to get in touch whenever. Good luck finding a way to dry off, and...I guess I'll see you around sometime,"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] He finished lightly.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'm counting on it." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Oliver smiled as he hung up. He may have been soaked, but not even that could put a damper on his mood. Things had gone.. well. Much better than probably either of them expected. It felt like a school child inside, all giddy and nervous. It was a good feeling though. One he hadn't felt in a while. As he started off into his own little world, he noticed Skylar coming towards him. Oliver, still having a smile plastered to his face, tilted his head toward him. [/BCOLOR]

hqkzXPi.gif

~Katelyn Winters~
@Hisoka Kobayashi

As time passed, the amount of people in the cafe dwindled to a much more manageable number for one person alone, which left Marcus to depart for a while for his own break as Katelyn had enough experience to at least keep the place running in the down time. The brunette was currently cleaning one of the smaller tables, her brows furrowed into concentration as she ended up glaring at the table moments later when the small mark refused to vanish. "...This is getting annoying" She ended up hissing as the wet cloth continued to try and wash away the stain left by the last customer. While she wanted nothing more than to leave it there, her mind became a mess at the idea that there was dirt, obvious dirt, just in front of her... Waiting... Winning.

Snapping out of her moment, Katelyn grinned brightly when the dried stain lifted and she could see the smooth surface of the wooden tables became clear, the shine itself bringing a joyous glimmer to her brows eyes as she reached up to adjust her glasses, sighing in relief. "Done~" She cooed, placing the wet cloth into the grey box, she pulled dry one from its confines before drying the table so it could be used for the next customer. "And~ This is why I don't let Marcus clean...Loads of dirt...stains...crumbs" She just shook her head vigorously at that, shuddering in disgust as she picked up the box, turning around to head back to the counter.

While she had her attention changed to the counter, Katelyn noticed a customer waiting, a fact that caused her brows to raise before she frowned. "How didn't I notice?" She asked herself quietly before rounding the corner, leading herself behind the counter as she put the cleaning supplies back before she turned to the Male. Katelyn studied him for a second before turning to the sink, turning the taps before she began to clean her hands, not wanting to serve anything with cleaning supplies being a free addition to their orders. She dried her hands on the apron before momentarily pulling out her phone to see a new message. Unlocking the phone quickly, the brunette furrowed her brows as she opened up the message box from the site, noting the new addition to her matches. "Hitoshi...?" She whispered, nodding as it was committed to memory before she put her phone back, now turning to the customer.

A smile settled itself on her features as she returned to her server's persona, her tone becoming lighter. "Sorry for the delay, sir~" She pulled out the small notepad, in case Marcus returned soon, setting it on the surface between them. "Currently the normal guy to take orders from here is on break. Anyway! I'm Katelyn Winters, I'll be taking your order then." It was her normal, rehearsed greeting in most cases, just the addition of an apology as well. "So, what will it be? A coffee? Tea? Lunch?" She questioned, still smiling quite happily. She just couldn't help it! She had matches and the second she was finished with her shift, Katelyn planned to message them all personally.

Reactions: Kitsy
Environment Event
@Andy

During shiroshi's casual bike ride around the bustling city, the boy quickly came to realize that the brakes to his bike were malfunctioning. This is very dangerous, but luckily for him he came to a stop at a shopping center with a repair shop. He could drop off his bike there to have it inspected and possibly fixed. It would take a while though, so there is no harm in looking around the shopping center is there? A near by sign reads "Sheryl's Way Shopping Center" and underneath it are small advertisements for the stores located in this shopping center. There is a Sandals the smoothie place, Jim and Davids the arcade, The Brew, which is a popular cafe in this area, and many other places.​

Reactions: Andy
Hitoshi Uchiyama

While deep in thought he hadn't realized that a female had walked over to put her cleaning supplies away.He had felt the breeze of air that her movement had created but he was distracted.He was busy deciding if he should text any of his matches but he wasn't sure what he would say,'I think I'll text Katelyn,but what should I say to her first? Hello,I'm Hitoshi.We were matched on GazeUponMe.com?That doesn't sound good enough.'He anxiously thought.

Hitoshi was so preoccupied with his own thoughts that he got a little startled when the female spoke to him.He quickly looked up from his phone at the female,"Huh?Oh...uh...my apologies.I got kind of lost in my thoughts for a moment."He said in an embarrassed medium tone of voice.He quickly closed his phone and slid it back into his pocket.Then he reached up to rub the back of his neck with his right hand,"So what did you say your name was again? Since full names are being given...I'm Hitoshi Uchiyama."He said and gave her a charming smile.He removed his right from his neck and grabbed the cup that he had sat on the counter picking it up.As he held the cup he pointed to it with his left hand,"I already placed my order but the guy who was here a few minutes ago gave me Black coffee instead of French Vanilla coffee.I'm sure it was a mistake so I don't mind paying again.He said in a calm and gentle sounding tone of voice.

As Hitoshi did his best to play off his embarrassment he couldn't help but wonder why he hadn't seen the female before.Then he realized that he always rushed in got what he was going to get and rushed back out,'Oh yeah...that's why I haven't noticed her before.I'm always in a rush or distracted by my own thoughts.I have to admit that she's very attractive but she probably has a boyfriend already.'He thinks to himself trying not to get to wrapped up in his thoughts again.The way he saw it either a girl was taken or she just wasn't interested in an eccentric guy like him.

hqkzXPi.gif

~Katelyn Winters~
@Hisoka Kobayashi

The brunette simply blinked when he revealed his name, causing her eyes to widen briefly. "Hitoshi...?" She questioned quietly, her attention fading as she became distracted. Was this one of her matches? Was this seriously happening? Snapping out of her thoughts, Katelyn turned her attention back to him as a small smile appeared upon her features as she shook her head. "N-no! You don't have to pay again, It's a mistake on our part after all." She replied, tugging on the hem of her sleeve unconsciously. "Oh, I'm Katelyn Winters."

Nodding her head, Katelyn turned around to her side as she pulled one of the take away cups from the stack before she headed off to start on his drink. "French vanilla coffee..." She chimed as she gathered the supplies, having to head over, away from the station, to go and pluck the milk from its new spot before she returned, setting it down for a moment. Luckily, the process for making this drink she remembered quite well.

Glancing over her shoulder, Katelyn spoke. "If I can ask, did you sign up for the dating service, GazeUponMe?" Her voice had lowered, becoming increasingly quieter as she felt anticipation and slight caution. If she was wrong, she had just asked a complete stranger if they were on a dating site...Katelyn turned around for a second, raising her hands "I'm sorry if its random! It's really just that your name is familiar, one of the names I was sent, so I thought that it could be you..." She paused, pursing her lips in thought for a moment before she returned to her usual smile as she turned back to making the order, even though her attention was clearly on Hitoshi.

Last edited:
Hitoshi Uchiyama

@Aka~Kitsune

Upon seeing how she had reacted he couldn't help but wonder if he had said something wrong,'Why did she react like that as soon as I said my name?'He thought feeling confused.Just as she started acting odd she suddenly turned her attention back to him and smiled which slightly caught him off guard.He waved his left hand back and forth a bit,"It's fine with me...I want to pay.I know that the money goes toward the profits of this place of business,paying the utilities and purchasing more inventory.Oh I know...how about I give it to you as a tip instead?"He says kindly.

The moment he heard her say her name his eyes widened for a moment as he gazed at her in disbelief.Once he realized he was staring he cleared his throat,"I'm sorry about.You...you have a very beautiful name.It's fits you well."He said trying to regain his composure.He was having a hard time composing himself though,'How can this be possible? One of my matches is standing right in front of me.It really is a small world after all.I hope she doesn't think that I'm weird.I've got to get it together before I blow it.'He thinks.Hitoshi takes a deep breath and slowly lets it out while Katelyn was getting started on his coffee.Now that he was feeling a little calmer he opened his mouth to speak but she beat him to it which surprised him.

When he saw her gaze over her shoulder at him and ask about GazeUponMe.com he simply nodded.He was at a loss for words at the moment which rarely ever happened to him.Finally he managed to think of something to say,"It's okay,it isn't random.It's just surprising to find out that you're one of my matches.I've come here a million times and today is the first time I've actually had time to slow down and notice you.Weird huh?"He said warmly smiling at her.He would've never thought that he would meet one of his matches so soon,"I have to admit that I'm glad my order was gotten wrong.If it hadn't have been messed up...then I wouldn't be talking to you right now.I'm also glad I signed up on GazeUponMe.So...uh...would you maybe like to go out for something to eat?"Hitoshi said trying to be as smooth as possible.Little did he know that he was slightly blushing in front of Katelyn.

((Sorry for short post. In foreign country. Tired. Exhausted.)

Skylar grabbed as many napkins as he could hold, putting his cup down on the counter. He returned to the table of the boy he'd splashed water all over and began sopping it up. The boy looked... oddly ecstatic about having gotten drenched. A rain enthusiast maybe? Nah, more like an idiot. Whatever, it didn't have anything to do with him. He didn't try to converse with the other boy as he cleaned up the table and chair, and was actually trying to avoid too much of a conversation. Handing the boy the last of the napkins, he met his eyes casually and said, "Hey, sorry about that, man. You startled me." He was tempted to ask if the other boy was high, but decided against it as he didn't really feel like prolonging the conversation.

Making a fast escape, he returned to his table minus his cup of water. Jason looked up at him skeptically as he slid back into his seat. "I thought you went to get water."

"I did." Sky said with an irritated sigh. He went back to his food, praying that the conversation wouldn't turn to his lack of water or the stalking dating site they'd managed to convince him to sign up for.

ratta ratta ratta ratta ratta. Shiroshi frowned as he looked down at his bike chain that was practically falling off not only that but the brakes on his bike weren't working either. He cursed and shook his head. Either the chain had really broken and it needed to get fixed or someone from town was screwing with him and his family again. He gave a soft sigh and shook his head again. There was never a dull moment around his home. And now that he had found this dating site and had actually been matched with someone? Things were going to get really interesting. He let out a small sigh of relief when he saw that there was a repair shop nearby and quickly pulled to a stop outside it. He looked around quickly before he made his way into the store to quickly speak with the workers. After they took his bike away to have it looked at he walked out of the store with his hands in his pockets and looked around.

He looked down at his phone to see if maybe anything new had been posted to the dating site. Nothing. He gave a small sigh before he looked at the Cafe and rubbed the back of his head "it'll be a nice place to kill some time at least.." With that he made up his mind and walked inside. Upon entering he looked around slowly and made the conclusion that it was a nice little place to grab a snack and maybe meet up with someone. But he wasn't sure if it was really date worthy material but he tried not to judge a book by its cover. He went to one of the tables and sat down and waited to be served. As he waited he couldn't help but pull his phone back out and check for any messages.

He silently thought to himself "should I message one of the girls I was matched with? would they want to meet up with me?" He let out a slow breath and stared at his phone as he tried to make up his mind. After a few moments he finally made his decision and texted both girls. He messaged each of them separately so he didn't have to send out a group message nor worry about the girls thinking that he was some kind of player which he wasn't. He seriously wanted to get to know them both and maybe hook up with one of them but he would by no means do anything to hurt either of them. so he typed out two separate messages but the text was pretty much read the same thing except for the girls names.

"Hi (girls name) my name is Shrioshi Raidon and we were recently matched together on that online dating site. Um..I am curious to get to know more about you and I would hope that you are curious to get to know more about me so..if you ever want to meet up just send me a text back and maybe we can work something out. I hope to hear from you soon and I hope we can meet each other even sooner then that. So um...maybe we'll see each other around then?"

@Rin Mico @Naberius

Oliver Edit.jpg

As the boy cleaned the chair and table, Oliver watched him, expecting him to say something. "Hey, sorry about that, man. You startled me." As the boy walked away, Oliver finally found the words to say. Noo, it's my fault. I'm clearly a bumbling idiot. Oliver was scolding himself mentally while he felt his phone vibrate in his hand.

"I would love to. How about today around noon for tea time? You'll find me in the Biddeford University's botanical gardens. I assume you know what I look like? If not, look for a girl with a pink hair. I'm sure I won't be that hard to find."

Oliver checked the time. Brianna was probably already in the garden as it was 5 minutes till noon. He already felt the nerves in his stomach. He ran into the bathroom to see how wet he was. As he approached the mirror, he ran his hands through his hair, most of the water had missed his head and instead ran down his back. His black jeans hid the water, but his white shirt clung to his skin. He sighed and walked briskly to his car, not wanting to keep Brianna waiting, but wanting to change.

This was one of the few times that Oliver loved his sister. She always would store extra clothes she made in his car. He popped open the trunk. He chuckled and grabbed the one marked Errday with a sticky note. As he slipped off the wet shirt and put on the new, he wondered how many outfits his sister had hidden away in his car. His new shirt was black and clung to his skin, but in a comfortable way. A gray tribal dragon stretched from his left shoulder across his chest and wrapped around his stomach, avoiding his right shoulder entirely. He shot a quick text to his sister, thanking her for the clothes.

Noting the time, Oliver slammed his trunk closed and ran off toward the garden. He had only been there a handful of times, but the campus wasn't so big that you would forget where it was. And even if you did, you could practically smell the flowers all over campus.

As he walked through the archway, it was hard to miss the pink hair as Brianna stood with her back to him. Suddenly Oliver's heart realized it should be panicking his nerves caught up to him. His stomach churned in the torment his body was now experiencing. Oliver took a deep breath, and approached her.
"Brianna?" He questioned, not seeing how else it could be.
@DANAsaur

• Love
Brianna Herondale

Sighing to herself, she shoved her phone back into her pocket and went to the gardens to meet up with Oliver, her nerves starting to get the best of her.

She wasn't really used to meeting new people and doing something spontaneous, but she couldn't back down from her words. She's a Herondale, and a Herondale's word is its code.

As she finally reached the gardens, she was a bit surprised of seeing no one else but her. Did Oliver decide to not meet her? Did he chickened out? Negative thoughts flooded her mind and she began feeling disappointed. Disappointed? Why would I feel disappointed? I'm a strong girl who doesn't need a guy. Why should I feel disappointed?

She was about to leave the place when a masculine voice called out to her, making her entire body frozen in shock.

"Oh my God, oh my God. He showed up. He showed up! What am I going to do? Please someone help me!!" her mind screamed as panic coursed through her veins. She didn't know what to do!!!! This is her first time meeting someone from a dating site so everything is new to her "Okay, Brianna. Calm down. Cool and collected. Be casual, okay? You can do this. " She thought to herself, taking a deep breath before turning around to see her match.

Rainbow colored hair and piercings greeted her eyes as she looked at Oliver. Is he really my match? She thought to herself. She didn't mean to be rude or anything but she was expecting someone less... tattoey and piercey. Upon further observation, she noticed how green his eyes were. Gosh. He really is my match. Such beautiful green eyes.

Call her weird or anything but Brianna has a thing for eyes. She thinks that the color and the way it shines definitely shows what that person really is. She believed that the eyes are the windows to the soul and seeing Oliver's eyes, she knew that he's something else from his appearance.

"Uh..Hi. You must be Oliver." Brianna stated, reaching her hand for a handshake and letting out a sweet smile "I'm Brianna Herondale. Pleasure to meet you"

• Love
2015%2B-%2B1

Theresia Hadley Fraser

Hadley hadn't looked at her phone all morning. As soon as dawn decided to show its face, she rose with it to start her day despite the late evening she had. Hadley had done most of the chores before the sun finally broke through the light grey sky. As she got ready to go out, he phone chimed and she noticed the message that contained her matches. She slowed the toothbrush in her mouth as she considered opening up the full message to reveal her matches...but then her alarm rang and her eyes grew wide. She quickly spat, rinsed out her mouth and tugged on her shoes, lacing them up quickly. She threw her notebooks into her small bag and secured it to her shoulders, rushing outside calling a quick "Goodbye!" to Mrs. Harold before bolting onto the sidewalk. Her running group was making its rounds, barely passing the front of her duplex. She let them pass and she stretch lightly before tailing the last of the group and slowly making headway. "Nice to see you with your shoes this time," an older woman to her right teased behind her right shoulder through huffing breath. Hadley let out a small chuckle. "If I could I'd run barefoot!" she exclaimed in reply. "But alas shoes are needed when running through the streets." She feigned crying, running her fingertip down her cheek and earned a couple of laughs. Things fell quite as everyone got back into their rhythms. He heart raced and sweat ran down he back, and nothing could be more perfect.

Hadley began to veer from the group as they started to approach the campus of the community college. She waved good bye, earning a few farewells. She jogged a couple minutes to cool down, her phone ringing from her backpack. She slowed to a stop to catch her breath as she checked it. It was a new message.

"Hi Theresia Fraser, my name is Shiroshi Raidon and we were recently matched together on that online dating site. Um..I am curious to get to know more about you and I would hope that you are curious to get to know more about me so..if you ever want to meet up just send me a text back and maybe we can work something out. I hope to hear from you soon and I hope we can meet each other even sooner then that. So um...maybe we'll see each other around then?"

The frown that formed on her face was automatic; it happened every time someone used her full name or her real first name instead of the one she preferred. But she quickly shook herself. How can he know if he doesn't even know you? she scolded herself. Shiroshi huh? It was a nice name and his text was kinda cute she had to admit. Hadley checked the clock. Her class was going to start soon. She decided to reply.

Hi Shiroshi. It's Theresia...Well you can call me Hadley, everyone does. :3 I would like to get to know you as well! I have class right now, but I can definitely meet up with you later if you'd like?

Hadley tried to ignore the jitters that pooled in her stomach and pressed SEND. She rushed to her ceramics class, getting there right before the professor began instruction. For the next hour, Hadley slapped and molded clay, working the soft muddy substance between her hands, all the while pushing the world and the thought of her potential match, to the back of her mind.

• Love
tumblr_inline_nq3iiyb9Zg1t70mop_540.png
Rosa stared at the message for a few long moments before it caught up with her half-asleep brain. The dating website! She scrolled through her matches with a shaky thumb before falling back into her bed. All male, by the looks of it, and four of them, which was four more matches than she actually expected to get. The text had provided contact information for her matches, but it wasn't like she had the confidence to start a conversation with a stranger. With a heavy sigh she got out of bed and got ready for the day, leaving her phone abandoned on the bedside table.

After her morning routine, she set out for work at the Café, an early morning cigarette between her lips. The sun was just beginning to peek over the horizon, casting orange light into the sky. Rosa had decided against taking classes during the Summer semester, although she still occasionally met with teachers at the University to go over the studying she was doing for the Fall semester. She worked most days instead.

The bell connected to the door jingled as she entered, and the owner greeted her with his usual cheer. Setting her things behind the counter, she pulled her hair up into a ponytail, cinched an apron around her waist, and rolled up her sleeves to begin prepping the shop for opening. The time passed easily and the morning regulars came and went before she took her first break, sitting outside with a chai tea and another cigarette. Just as she sat down, her phone buzzed twice. More than a little perplexed, she opened her messages to reveal two new ones from two different numbers. Rosa picked at the lid of her cup, trying to remember anyone she had given her phone number to recently. She hadn't spoken to any new people in at least a month. To satisfy her curiosity, she opened up the first one and nearly spilt her tea in surprise.

"Greetings, Miss Castellano, I am Jordan Finnegan. I believe we were matched in a dating site, and would love to meet you. However, for now, I'll just be introducing myself."

One of her matches! Of course, if she had their number, then obviously they had hers. The second message was probably another one. This Jordan guy seemed nice enough, but then again it was a three line introduction text message. Hard to screw that up.

Butterflies fluttered in her stomach as she stared at the blinking cursor in the reply field. What did she say back? Should she try for aloof or nice? What if she came off as boring? Was she the only one he texted or were there other? Rosa knew that she was overthinking it, but knowing didn't stop it from happening. She could just… not reply. Just screw the whole dating thing and go back to being lonely. At least being lonely was easy.

Rosa took a deep breath and held it before letting it out slowly. She had to try this, if not for herself then for her father. He would be over the moon if he heard she was at least speaking to a potential date, even if it never went anywhere.

Her fingers trembled as she typed out her reply, the nicotine not enough to stifle her anxiety. She erased words repeatedly, added them back in, changed them, and was left with a final result that she neither hated nor loved.

"Good morning, Mr. Finnegan. Please, call me Rosa. I'd be interested in meeting you sometime too, but until then, we can just get to know each other."

Rosario immediately regretted sending it, but what was done was done. Plus, she had wasted ten minutes of her break fretting over a stupid text, and now she only had five minutes to send a decent reply to the second person.

"Hi Rosario Castellano my name is Shiroshi Raidon and we were recently matched together on that online dating site. Um..I am curious to get to know more about you and I would hope that you are curious to get to know more about me so..if you ever want to meet up just send me a text back and maybe we can work something out. I hope to hear from you soon and I hope we can meet each other even sooner then that. So um...maybe we'll see each other around then?"

Rereading the block of writing a couple of times, she mauled over a response in her head. His text was far more… casual than the previous one. Should she reply in kind, or keep her usual formal air? Then, she noticed the time. "Mierda." Rosa hissed, gathering up her things quickly to head back inside to end her break. Making a split second decision, she copied and pasted the same reply she gave to her other match and simply changed the last name. Kind of lame, but they didn't have to know.

She went back to the work a bit more jittery than before, thoughts of her messages rolling around in her brain. She shouldn't really care what two people she had never known thought of her, but she did none the less. If none of her matches were interested in her, what would she do then? She rested her head against the tea dispenser as she filled someone's order, a quiet sigh escaping her. Even the internet couldn't fix her love life.

• Love
Reactions: Esmeray and Andy
OLIVER KANE

As Brianna turned around, for a moment, all Oliver could do was stare. He hadn't gotten this far in his head. He wasn't at all ready to reply. Brianna seemed so tiny, regardless of her height. It felt as though if Oliver moved wrong, she would break. She stood tall though, and she was clearly beautiful, which only made Oliver more nervous.
Finally her words registered.
"I'm Brianna Herondale. Pleasure to meet you."
Oliver met her outstretched hand with his own. "Oliver Kane. The pleasure is mine." He gave her a tremulous smile, drawing his hand back.
"I'm glad you agreed to meet. I was afraid I had scared you off." Oliver admitted, probably a little too honestly. All too often Oliver's outer thoughts ended up coming out of his mouth.
@DANAsaur

(Please forgive me for it being so short. x.x My brain is fried.)

hqkzXPi.gif

~Katelyn Winters~
@Andy @Hisoka Kobayashi

Katelyn finished of the remake of his order, listening to him throughout the whole time, as she slipped the plastic lid over the drink before grabbing a napkin, wrapping it around the takeaway cup as she set it before him, smiling brightly. "Well...I may of seen you here a few times..." Her memory could recall someone with his features after all. "But, you were never at a table when I was on a shift, Marcus deals with the customers on the counter here. So, I guess we never had the opportunity to speak to one another." Katelyn pointed out. Smiling brightly seconds later, the brunette nodded. "I might just thank Marcus for screwing up an order..."

When Hitoshi asked her to go out to Eat, the female paused with widened eyes. She hadn't expected to meet any of her matches on the same day and she didn't expect this any more. Her lips parted for a moment, as if to reply, before they closed. Katelyn simply adjusted her glasses before grinning. "I would love to" She answered. She reached into her apron, checking her phone time to see how long was left on her shift before she turned back to him. "When would you like to go?"

Turning away from a moment when she heard the door, Katelyn watched as a new customer entered. "Ah..." She paused, turning back to Hitoshi for a moment. "Excuse me, I need to go take some orders." She replied, smiling happily as she stepped around the counter, checking she had her notepad. Katelyn headed over to the newly filled table as she put a smile on her face, pulling out the notepad, pen at hand. "Welcome! I'm Katelyn, the server here, are you ready to order anything?"

Status
Not open for further replies.