Gaze Upon Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE 5]Brianna Herondale

As their hands touched, Brianna immediately felt the warmth of his hands that sent shivers running down her spine and a light tinge of pink crept into her cheeks. The contrast of their hands somewhat mesmerised her. While her hands are small, soft and pale, his were big and the perfect balance of soft and rough.

Smiling back at him, Brianna clasped her hand behind her to hide her trembling and clammy hands. She never felt so nervous in her entire life! She may look calm on the outside but inside, she's panicking. What if she made a fool of herself? Say something embarrassing and make things awkward?

"Oh no, not at all!" she replied honestly, fidgeting a little on her spot. "I wouldn't really meet up with a stranger but uhm..I guess I wanted to do something spontaneous?" she rambled, her cheeks heating up as she realized she's not making any sense. "Anyway, shall we have some tea? There's a cafe nearby that got the greatest blends and the perfect pastries." she mumbled, not really sure of what to say.

Shiroshi sat nervously as he waited for a reply. What should he expect? was his message too casual? was it not casual enough? He felt like ripping his hair out of his head he was so nervous. Why was he so nervous all of a sudden anyways? He had never met these girls yet he felt himself caring so much about what they thought about him. A few minutes had gone by and he hadn't gotten a message back so he was starting to think they weren't interested.

Then it happened. His phone vibrated and showed he had a message. He quickly fumbled with his phone as he opened the message from Theresia and read it. She wanted him to call her Hadley instead? Why was that the first thing that jumped out at him. He should be more interested in the fact that she wanted to meet up with him! He felt his stomach knot up inside him and a small blush rise to his cheeks as he quickly typed out a reply

"I'd really like that Hadley. I don't have anything going on today so we can meet up whenever your free. I'm just a little tied up at the moment since my bike is in the shop getting fixed. so..name a time and place and I'll see you there. I'll see you later then :)"
Just as he hit send he felt his cheeks warm up in a blush and he covered his face with his hands. What was going on with him? He hadn't even met the girl in person yet and he was acting like a nervous little kid with a child hood crush. He didn't have much time to dwell on that matter when his phone rang again with the text from Rosario. He read the text and couldn't help but feel slightly down at the short reply from her. Maybe she was just nervous and didn't know what to say? or maybe he had made a bad first impression with his text.

He pondered what to say next. With Theresia she seemed a bit more..casual yet fun with Rosario it was hard to get a read off her from the simple one lined text. He didn't want to insult her by saying to little or to much nor did he want to insult her by being to casual or to formal. He sighed and leaned back in his seat. Finally after a few moments he sent a quick text back to her.
"I'm glad your interested in meeting me as well. As of right now I'm free today and tomorrow so we can meet up when and wherever it is most convenient to you. I look forward to getting to know you better."

With that he hit send and let out a small sigh. He was possibly setting himself up with two dates now. He didn't know what to think or do. Where would they want to go? what were they like? Would they be interested in getting to know him as much as he wanted to get to know them? Gah! the entire situation was enough to drive him crazy! Once again though his thoughts were interrupted by a server walking up to his table and asking him a question. He looked up at her and gave a small blush. She was really cute in his opinion and she seemed nice enough.

"oh..I'm sorry what did you say your name was? Katelyn? I'm sorry I was spacing out there..this is actually my first time here so I don't really know what you have to offer" He blushed a bit more from embarrassment and gave a small chuckle and rubbed the back of his head. "oh my name is Shiroshi Raidon by the way. You gave me your name it's only fair I give you mine as well" Why was he such a nervous wreck today? was he really that concerned about the girls and this dating site? or was he just thinking too much about it?

@Aka~Kitsune @Naberius @Rin Mico

• Love
Reactions: Rin Mico
Oliver Edit.jpg
Oliver couldn't help but chuckle at the small girl. She was cute, and he noted her slight blush as her words poured out of her mouth. "I'm glad you decided to be spontaneous." He offered her honestly, hoping to put her at ease. Seeing someone else be nervous made Oliver want to help ease their nerves. It also helped to soothe his own.
As she mentioned the tea, Oliver motioned his arm to the side. "Lead the way!" He had no idea where she planned to go, but was surprisingly eager nonetheless.
@DANAsaur

large (38).jpg

Theresia Hadley Fraser

"Alright class, that's it for today! We'll continue on our projects next time," the instructor ended the class with a few minor announcements about upcoming due dates and class work. Hadley wiped some sweat from her forehead, her dirty hands leaving a smear of clay across her forehead. She stood, leaving the worked clay at her station to go to a nearby sink and wash her hands. She returned, spritzed her project with some water before wrapping it up into a clear bag and sealed it tight. She let loose her ponytail, her red auburn hair cascading down her shoulders. She let out a satisfied sigh, content with the day's work. She put her stuff away in the assigned areas before packing up her stuff and exiting the class, calling out goodbye to her class mates and instructor.

She reached into her bag for her phone and noticed Shiroshi had replied. A smile played on Hadley's lips as she thought about how to reply. They had texted awhile ago, yet he did say he would be free all day. Her next class wasn't until later on in the day. She had set up her schedule like that so she'd be able to have time to grab something to eat after her runs. Hadley paused by a bench and stretch out her legs, which had grown stiff from sitting. Typically she wouldn't be able to stand being stationary like that, but her hands were always so busy that she forgot about the rest of her body. "Another great class," she murmured to herself. "And it's also helping me sit still for once." She sent a quick message to Shiroshi.

I'm out! I don't have class for a couple hours or so, maybe we can grab a bite? I haven't had a chance to eat yet and I'm starving. Just let me know if you want to meet up.

She pressed SEND, her heart fluttering in her chest. She hoped this would be okay. Her feet moved without her, aimlessly wandering about campus as she waited for his reply.

@Andy

• Love
Reactions: Andy
Shiroshi gave a small jump as he felt his phone vibrate again. He gave a quick apologetic smile towards the waitress before he turned his attention back to his phone. It only took him a second to recognize the number as Theres- No Hadley's. He felt butterflys floating in his stomach in just a moment and his hands got sweaty and his breath got hitched in his throat. What had she said? Did she agree to see him at some time? or had she shot him down completely. He didn't think it was the second option from what he knows of her so far it just..didn't seem like her character to him.

With one final breath he quickly opened the text and read what she had wrote. He felt like his heart dropped into his stomach. She said yes?! she wanted to meet him now?! Wow..maybe luck was on his side after all today! He would have typed out a reply right there and then but he noticed that the waitress was waiting for him so he gave her a quick smile "um..actually I think I'm going to be having someone join me in just a moment so..I'm going to wait for them to get here before I order thank you though." He had no idea what the waitress would say or do now he just hoped he wasn't making her job harder "sorry about that..I didn't expect to be meeting someone now it just kinda happened. I'm really sorry if I caused you any trouble"

He needed to get a reply to Hadley before she thought he wasn't interested but he didn't want to be rude to the waitress and go straight to his phone to text. He didn't really have a choice in the matter though. After his last apology he quickly turned to his phone and swallowed hard. What should he type out. He obviously could invite her to join him now but he didn't want to sound pushy or anything like that. If he did this correctly he would have a date in a matter of minutes. If he typed this reply out wrong well..then he would strike out yet again.

"It's nice to hear from you again. I hope your last class went well. I'd love to grab something to eat if your up for it as well. I'm already at a small cafe just across the street from Biddleford University. I'm assuming that's where your having your class haha. I've honestly never eaten here before so I don't know what's to offer so if you want to come here that'd be coold. If you'd rather go somewhere else though I have no problem meeting you there. um..so yeah I'll see you soon then?"
Shiroshi let out a slow breath as he read over the message like five times. He thought it sounded good but the issue was how would Hadley take the message? There was really only one way to find out. With a slow breath and a rapidly beating heart he hit send and set the phone down on the table with a small clatter and leaned back in his chair as he waited for a reply. As he waited Shiroshi silently thought to himself "man...if all dating sites are like this I'm glad I've only signed up for one..I don't know if I can take all of this nervousness from the waiting.."

@Aka~Kitsune @Rin Mico

• Love
Reactions: RaccoonKing
Brianna Herondale

Brianna smiled as he agreed to go with her at the cafe, her nervousness now gone and was replaced by her usual collected persona. "Alright then. Please follow me."

As the two of them walked side by side, Brianna just kept her mouth shut and enjoyed the silence between them. She knew that it's improper for a lady to ask personal questions so early and she also knew that she can't come up with anything to converse about so she just walked, hoping that Oliver doesn't find her boring.

Arriving at The Brew cafe, the sweet smell of coffee being brewed and pastries being baked immediately met her senses as the door opened, almost making her stomach growl and her mouth water. "Well, here we are! I hope you like tea. They got the greatest blend all over Biddeford." Brianna said excitedly, clearly showing her interest about the said beverage.

She then looked around and scanned the area only to find a few customers, mostly students or professors of Biddeford University. She recognizes some familiar faces, but she didn't really know them so she just shrugged it off. "Oh, looks like there's a table right there." Brianna mumbled, seating herself near the window and waited for her companion to sit down, totally oblivious that one of her matches is not far from her, talking to the lovely waitress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kitsy

circus%201adsfadfaa_zpsgsdcxru6.jpg

Masque de la Cirque
#eb2f09

- Introduction -

A mail carrier approaches the steps of the building with a dazed vacant expression plaguing his face, this was the fifth resident he has visited today to drop off an important envelope. He carefully slips it through the mail slot of the door before turning on his heels to proceed to the next location. His empty gaze looks up to the cloudy skies for a brief moment, thankful the clouds were covering the sun's light. He had been piratically baking on his run, so the shade was much appreciated. The man looks at his watch with a sigh before pushing onward, in route to the next house on his new list.

The extra hours were taxing, but he was glad to have the up coming weekend off. The famous Masque De La Cirque would be visiting Biddeford for the first time and would be the final stop on their nation tour. The city parks will be filled to the prim with big tops, but the main event takes place at the convention center. It is said to last a couple weeks, and be the biggest festival the city has seen for several months now. Excited the mail man scurries off to his next stop and deliver their envelope; humming a pleasant tune.

- Event -

The Match Maker has sent all of his clients a pair of tickets for the main event. The name of your partner is etched in ink on the small rectangular ticket. With the tickets there is a lovely hand written note which reads;
"Dear [insert character's name here],

As part of our program we, of the Gaze Upon Me Dating Service, have taken upon ourselves to arrange a get together with one of your matches. This is the first of many opportunities that our company will provide for you. We hope that you will enjoy your night at the main event, and assure you that everything has been arranged and taken care of. Once again, we thank you for signing up for our service and opening yourself up to everything we have to offer.
Sincerely, The Match Maker."

The date in question is not set for another several days, so everyone has time to finish up their business and possibly contact those that they are taking to the event. You, the players, have four days to wrap up your plans and sign up for the event. You sign up by making a response post, and can accept the offer or toss it. Tossing the offer means that you will not be participating in the event, which is fine. Those who participate will be rewarded when the event comes to a close the following week.

- The Pairings -

Brianna & Noah ✔

Hitoshi & Thereisa ✔

Junko & Katelyn ✔

Rosario & Shiroshi ✔

Absent Characters; Skylar, Donovan, Yuko, Saul, Jordan, Oliver, and Nessa.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sinopa
Oli Banner.jpg
Oliver followed Brianna, keeping up with her pace, not wanting her to have issues matching his strides in heels. He didn't mind the silence of them walking. It was honestly fairly comfortable, and he hoped she thought the same. The bitter smell of coffee flooded his head. Coffee wasn't really his thing, but he could at least handle the smell. The pastries though, were an entirely different story. He could smell their savory goodness from the door.
"Well, here we are! I hope you like tea. They got the greatest blend all over Biddeford."
Oliver smiled to himself as he followed her through the door. "I won't lie, my knowledge of tea is pretty nonexistent. I'll probably need some help to pick one." He admitted, hoping she wouldn't mind. She seemed excited about being here, so he was glad she picked a place to go. Mostly because Oliver wasn't extremely picky, and mostly just wanted her to enjoy it.
He followed her to the table she picked, the window behind their table faced the street, though because classes were in session, there weren't many cars on the roads. It was mostly the cars of aimless shoppers.
Sitting across from her, he decided to start the conversation. "I assume you like sweets then?" He questioned. She was clearly interested in the tea, but the sweets were a whole different story.
"My Mom is a baker, she has a shop a city over." He added, hoping to add to the conversation. He hoped this shop would be half as good as hers when it came to sweets.
@DANAsaur

Reactions: Esmeray
hqkzXPi.gif

~Katelyn Winters~
@Andy

Katelyn simply blinked when his name was mentioned, the very words seemed to spark a struggle in her mind as her brows furrowed in confusion. She believed in consequences to a degree. Katelyn seemed almost pale as her thoughts went haywire for a few moments, distracting her from Shiroshi before she reached up, pinching her own cheek as a quick distraction. She was over thinking things, majorly, and that never seemed to be a good thing. "Y-your Shiroshi Raidon?" She asked, her expression still seeming quite distantly confused as she tilted her head, lips pursed.

It took a few more minutes of contemplating before Katelyn finally let a small smile stumble across her lips, a gentle hum leaving them as she seemed to regain her usual posture and attitude. She decided that she could at least ask if he was the correct one, though she doubted otherwise considering she had already met one match at random. "I know this is very strange...But you are on the site Gazeuponme.com, right?" She asked quietly, her fingers curled roughly into the surface of the crisp white paper.

At however, his mention of another arriving, Katelyn quick chose to not continue on the subject because it was possible, more like highly so, that he was going to meet his own matches considering that he kept looking to his phone. A deep sigh troubled her as her shoulders slumped slightly. Katelyn hated leaving things unfinished but...was it fair to disrupt his date? Shaking her head lightly, she smiled calmly before nodding as she put the paper and pen back into the pocket of her apron.

"Thats fine."

Stepping back for a moment, Katelyn muttered a quick "Excuse me" before she headed over to one of the clear tables to pluck a menu from a stand. It was a cream white base with dark black letters in a elegant font. The inside of the folding article was filled with pictures and numbers, brief descriptions of their meals. Walking back to his table, Katelyn had settled the menu down before smiling. "Anyway! That is our menu. Right now the chef is out but he should be back any second so it works out." She paused, pursing her lips before brightening up again. "While you wait, would you like any kind of drink?"

Reactions: Esmeray and Andy

Brianna watched Oliver sit across her with a smile. She's a regular customer of the cafe so she knows every kind of tea blend they offered. "Tea is one of the drinks I still have trouble choosing. With so many flavors and blends, it's hard to choose just one." she giggled, folding her hands on the table before speaking again "I usually order their wild orange blossom tea blend because it smells so good and it always soothes me.. Also, its pink when brewed." she giggled once again, realizing that she's just rambling nonsense. Pull yourself together Brianna and stop talking about tea. He'll find you boring if you keep talking about it.

Thinking of a new topic, she was glad that Oliver decided to ask her a question. It would be so awkward if Oliver was uninterested with her. "Yes.. I love sweets, especially french macarons and tarts." Brianna replied excitedly, now getting more childish around him. Her eyes then sparkled with interest when Oliver mentioned his mother having a shop over the next city. "Really? Well, I believe that she's a good baker. I've always wanted to bake but with school and work, I hardly have time to do it. Anyway, how about you? Do you like sweets? Do you know how to bake pastries?" she asked, her voice laced with excitement as she leaned in closer to him with every question. She was so interested to know more about him that she haven't notice how close their faces are.

Blushing madly and sitting back to her seat, she realize that she's behaving so unlady like today that the queen of England will be ashamed of her conduct. Biting her lip and twiddling with her fingers, she lowered her head, ashamed of how childish and giddy she's acting."Uhm..I'm sorry, Oliver for being so childlike... I just uhm..don't know how this stuff works.. I mean.. I haven't dated anyone before, so uhm..forgive me if I'm messing things up."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Hitoshi Uchiyama

@Aka~Kitsune

He gazed at Katelyn still not realizing that he was slightly blushing,"Really?If I had known you were working here I would've been getting my orders for here...instead of to go."He said with a warm smile.He reached for the cup as soon as she sat it down before him and slightly touched her hand in the process.It was then that he realized he was blushing because his blush had increased.Seeing her smile so brightly made her look even more attractive to him,"I know I'm going to thank him for sure."He said then lightly chuckled.After he asked her out he nervously waited for her answer,'I really hope she doesn't turn me down.If she does...at least I tried.I've never had the courage to talk to a girl like this before.So...finding out about GazeUponMe has already helped me more than I thought it would.'He thinks still feeling some nervous.When she finally grinned at him after adjusting her glasses she said that she would love to which make him excited.He smiled at her and just when he was about to respond to her he noticed her look toward the door.He turned to see a male who had came in and sat down at a table.He looked back at her and smiled,"Okay."He said in an understanding tone as he watched her walk around the counter and pass him.Then he took his phone out of his pocket and looked at the time,"I had better get going or I am going to be late to class."He said to himself.He put his phone back into his pocket and picked his coffee up.With his coffee in hand he spotted a tip jar with a piece of tape on it that had Katelyn written on it.He checked to see if Katelyn was looking before putting the cost of his coffee into the tip jar.

He smiled and began to walk toward the front door while looking in Katelyn's direction.He took a deep breath to calm his nerves then called out to her,"Hey.I have to get going but you can text me after you get off work and I will reply.Bye for now and have a nice day Katelyn!"He said with a smile.Just as he was leaving he saw a female and a male come into the café.He was pretty sure that he had seen the two before at Biddeford Academy but he really wasn't 100% sure.He glimpsed at the pink haired female who he also thought was attractive but looked away because she appeared to be on a date.As he walked out of the door it wasn't long before he was preoccupied with thoughts of if he had made a good impression on Katelyn or not.Feeling excited about meeting one of his matches so soon he made his way to Biddeford Academy in no time.He was thankful that upon arriving he still had a couple of minutes to spare and made it to his class.Only moments after he had sat down the bell had rang out signaling the beginning of class,'Thank goodness...I made it just in time.'He thought and let out a sigh of relief.Time seemed to pass slower than normal for Hitoshi but he didn't mind.

All during class he felt like he had an extra burst of energy.Which he was sure that it was because he had met Katelyn early that day.He couldn't help but smile while taking notes in class and listening to his teacher speak.It had been long time since Hitoshi had enjoyed such a good day and he felt excited.During his first class his mom who came home early for lunch just happened to see the mailman leaving the house.She smiled,"Thank you and have a nice day!"She said to him before checking the mail.After checking it she saw that there was a letter for Hitoshi,"Huh? What's this?"She said puzzled.She takes out her phone and looks at the time,"Hitoshi should be heading to lunch now.Good."She says then dails him.

Hitoshi was walking to the cafeteria when his phone started ringing,"Who could be calling me?"He says.He takes his phone out of his pocket then swipes the screen to the right to answer it,"Hello? Hello mother.Why are you calling is everything alright?A letter? How strange...I wasn't expecting anything and I rarely get letters.Can you open it and read it to me?"He said then waited for her to open.Once it was open she read everything the note inside said...

"Dear Hitoshi,

As part of our program we,of the Gaze Upon Me Dating Service, have taken upon ourselves to arrange a get together with one of your matches. This is the first of many opportunities that our company will provide for you. We hope that you will enjoy your night at the main event, and assure you that everything has been arranged and taken care of. Once again, we thank you for signing up for our service and opening yourself up to everything we have to offer.

Sincerely, The Match Maker."

She then removed the tickets from the envelope seeing that Hitoshi's name was on one and the name Thereisa was on the other.He was surprised by all of it then thought about it for a moment and decided that going to Masque de la Cirque sounded like fun,"Okay,thank you for letting me know.We can talk about this later since I need to get to lunch right now.Okay,bye and I love you too mother."He said then ended the call.He looked at his phone for a moment thinking,'I think now would be a great time to text her.'He thinks.He takes his phone out of his pocket and begins typing with his right thumb.

[bg=white]
Hello,I'm Hitoshi Uchiyama.You and I were matched on the dating site GazeUponMe.I just received a letter that had tickets with our names on them.So do you plan on going to Masque de la Cirque? [/bg]

After proofreading his text he finally hit send then put his phone in his pocket before continuing to walk to the cafeteria.

Last edited:
  • Love
large (38).jpg

Theresia Hadley Fraser

Hadley had paused to get a drink of water from a nearby water fountain when her phone chimed. She jumped a little and quickly opened the new message with a smile. This Shiroishi sounded cuter and cuter with every message.

Oh I think I know which one!That place will be fine, we don't have to go anywhere else. They have pretty good sandwiches if I remember correctly. :3 I'll head on over just give me a couple of minutes to get there.

After sending her reply, Hadley headed toward the cafe, mentally reviewing her appearance. She pulled her hair out of its tie and finger combed through it gently. It was naturally wavy which was both a blessing and a curse, depending whether or not it decided to cooperate. Without a mirror it was impossible to tell, so she could only hope for the best. Hadley ran her palm against her cheek, happy that she wasn't overly sweaty and for the first time ever she wished she hadn't ran that morning. Her running clothes surely weren't the best date attire. Well can't do anything about that now, she thought and discretely sniffed near her armpit. Thankfully it smelled like her deodorant and not sweat. She crossed the street in a jog and came to the cafe entrance still doing last minute sprucing. Taking a deep breath, Hadley entered their meeting place, the door chiming closed behind her.

She gazed around and noticed there were a lot of people in this particular cafe. No wonder it's doing so much better than mine, she thought with a bit of sadness. Her foot began to tap against the floor, as it was fond of doing when she stood still for too long, but Hadley wasn't sure which boy Shiroshi was. I probably should've asked what he looked like or told him how I looked, she thought with a sigh. There was a dark haired male, but he was accompanied by a pink haired female. They seemed like a couple so Hadley ruled them out. And a boy with glasses left just a few seconds after she came in so it couldn't be him; he had promised to meet her after all. Not able to stand still any longer, she approached a nearby waitress who looked cute in her uniform and her light brown hair tied. She was taking the order of a brunette male. "I'm sorry to interrupt," she came in after the break where the waitress had asked the man if he wanted anything to drink. "But I'm looking for a guy named Shiroshi." She chuckled nervously. "I don't suppose you happen to know who that is? Oh wait I have his number! Let me call him." She reached out and grabbed her phone before the girl could answer and dialed his number, waiting for it to ring. After a few seconds, she heard a phone go off in front of her and looked up at the brunette man with a blush. "Shiroshi?"

@Andy

• Love
When the waitress suddenly started acting nervous because of his name he looked up at her and then gave a small nod at her question "yes..I'm Shiroshi Raidon. Why? do I know you from somewhere?" Not a moment later she asked if he was on the gazeuponme website. That caused him to pause again as he stared at her. Was she..one of his matches? No..she couldn't be he only had two matches and Katelyn was not one of them. But..just because he didn't get an alert saying she matched with him..doesn't mean she didn't get an alert saying he was matched with her.

He was speechless. Here he was about to meet Hadley for lunch and one of the other people on the site was their waitress. And to make it even more nerve wracking he was one of HER matches. Talk about ironic timings. He wanted to say something but she had walked away too quickly. He had wondered if maybe he had upset her somehow but then she came back with a menu and he gave a small sigh of relief. He hated hurting anyone even if it was by accident.

He looked back up at Katelyn and swallowed hard "Look um..I know this might be awkward for you but..if I'm one of your matches..I wouldn't mind getting to know you better. I'll admit i'm meeting one of my own matches here in a few moments but I'm not a player or anything I'm just..trying to be friendly that's all I mean..you are really pretty and I would love to get to know you better.." He paused and fell silent. Where was he going with this? He did want to get to know her better and if he was one of her matches he only figured he should give her a chance as well. it was only fair wasn't it? He wasn't trying to hurt anyone by it or as some would say "play the field" he was honestly curious to get to know all of his matches whether he was matched with them or she matched with him.

He sighed a bit and rubbed the back of his head "i'm um..i'm sorry if i'm making you uncomfortable in any way or if i'm giving you the wrong idea about myself. I don't mean to be like this I'm just..new to this whole online dating thing and i'm not sure how to go about it exactly.." It was the honest truth and he hoped that it would help get rid of any negative thoughts or feelings she might be thinking about him. He really didn't want to give anyone the impression that he was a bad guy that was just trying to "get some" before moving on to the next girl.

He had been so busy talking to Katelyn that he hadn't noticed the beautiful red headed girl that came into the cafe. But then his phone rang. He nearly jumped out of his seat as he went to answer it but then he stopped as he heard his name from a different voice. Swallowing hard he looked up at the girl who said his name and blushed a bit. He couldn't help it. Here he was surrounded by two of his matches both girls incredibly beautiful and now he didn't know what to do. He swallowed hard and then nodded a bit as he stared up into Hadley's eyes "y.yeah that's me..I'm..assuming your Hadely?" He mentally kicked himself for that. Of course it was Hadley! who else would it have been?!

Shiroshi put on a small smile and glanced at Katelyn before his gaze returned to Hadley "its..it's really nice to meet you Hadley. I'm glad we have the chance to sit and talk a bit. I was just about to order something to drink." He looked at Katelyn and gave her a small smile "I'll um..I'll just have water Katelyn I heard it's supposed to get warm today and since I'm riding my bike all over town I should probably stay hydrated"

@Rin Mico @Aka~Kitsune

• Love
hqkzXPi.gif

~Katelyn Winters~
@Andy @Rin Mico

Katelyn was obviously left with a slight discomfort at her recent decision but it didn't allow the faint smile to part from her lips. It seemed far to natural for her to just stop. As he spoke, Katelyn rubbed the back of her neck as she just chuckled softly. "Ah...You are right." She pointed out, letting her arm drop back to her side as it soon enough interlocked with the other behind her. "You are on my list of matches...It shocked me really." She mumbled, letting her gaze narrow slightly. She was wondering what the chances of meeting two of her matches one after the other actually was.

Shiroshi tried to explain and Katelyn just brought her hands up in defense, waving them dismissively as she chuckled. "Its fine, really! I believe you." The brunette pointed out as she grinned. "I am more shocked that I met you today, is all. " Was her quick reply before she cocked her head, humming. "I mean, I ran into you and another match today so that is quite odd..." She grumbled before shrugging, brightening up soon after. "But its fine, I would like to get to know you as well, if that is okay of course!" Katelyn was generally interested in all of her matches, more specifically, finding out what about them caused them to be 'matches'.

The arrival of the other female caused Katelyn to take a step back to allow them two to interact before she decided on getting orders. Other than that, Katelyn needed to clear the remaining tables. Snapping out of her moment when Shiroshi asked for a water, Katelyn just nodded and grinned, turning to the other. "Got it, one water. Would you like to order a drink as well?" She asked politely, only diverting her attention when she took note of Marcus' return to the counter and kitchen, an action that caused her to sigh in relief. She did not want to try cook any of the meals...

Noah Reed

Somehow, still giddy from the brief phone call with Oliver, Noah managed to get through the rest of lunch and his one remaining class without remembering about the text lurking in his phone that was still waiting to be opened. It was an easy enough thing to forget -one irritating little alert when he was trying to focus most if not all of his attention on Oliver's voice- and so it was understandable that it wasn't until his journey home that he finally saw Brianna's message. Of course, had he been expecting a reply from her this soon he probably would have noticed it a lot faster. Noah found himself smiling at her offer to meet up and quickly texted a reply, deciding to keep it short considering how much his earlier message had rambled.

Sounds great, I'll see you there!

"Pink hair, huh..." He murmured thoughtfully to himself before continuing on his way home.

However once he reached his apartment and checked through his mail he almost wished he hadn't noticed the text until a little later. Wondering what to do, Noah gazed at the two tickets with both his and Brianna's name etched neatly on them. To be honest he was pretty amazed by how fast this dating site worked. And that it was free, especially if they were giving away tickets to such a famous show. Still, Noah was the trusting type and rather than consider the possibility that it was some sort of scam he instead began another text to Brianna.

Actually, scratch that...courtesy of Gaze Upon Me I've got two tickets to the circus that (literally) have our names on them if you don't mind postponing our first date for a couple of days. What do you say, Brianna with pink hair?

Of course, if she still wanted to meet up that evening as well Noah wouldn't say no. It's just that this spontaneous and slightly mysterious pair of circus tickets seemed...well...a little more fun for a first date. Since he supposed that was what this was, given they had met through a dating site. Then again, if it seemed like she or Oliver or anyone else he ended up matched with would work better as friends that was fine too. Whether they had a romantic connection or not it would still be an experience and making new friends was always fun.

@DANAsaur

• Love
Oli Banner.jpg
Oliver couldn't help but chuckle at Brianna. Her enthusiasm was almost contagious. He noted her favourite tea from here, assuming things didn't end horribly, it would be good to remember which tea she liked. He couldn't help but notice how relaxed she seemed here as well. It was clearly a place she came often.
He had assumed she liked sweets, most did, but her tastes were different from others. Macarons and tarts weren't normally sweets people mentioned. "Yes, I'd like to believe she's quite talented." He replied in regards to his mother. Since he grew up with her sweets, it was always hard not to compare them to hers. Oliver raised his eyebrows at her, when she mentioned she doesn't really bake. "My mother taught me how to bake, and since she had the shop from before I was born, I think it would have been impossible to not enjoy sweets." He answered honestly. "I can even make maracons and tarts." He added, giving a toothy grin.
He took notice as Brianna pulled back in her chair, he hadn't noticed she had gotten so close. He tilted his head to the side, as he watched her demeanor change. "Uhm..I'm sorry, Oliver for being so childlike... I just uhm..don't know how this stuff works.. I mean.. I haven't dated anyone before, so uhm..forgive me if I'm messing things up."
Oliver reached over and placed his hand on hers before thinking. He could feel the heat rising to his cheeks, but he didn't pull back. He waited till she looked at him before speaking. "Please don't apologize. I'm glad you're excited. You should just be you without worry of what I will think." Pulling back his hand, he gave what he hoped was a reassuring grin. "Plus, you haven't scared me off yet, so you're doing something right." Oliver could feel whatever confidence that overcame him, fade quickly. He could feel his heart begin to pound. His lungs felt as if he couldn't get enough oxygen to them. He started to take slightly deeper breaths, Oliver knew he could control what little anxiety he had currently. He just needed to breathe.

@DANAsaur

Brianna.png

As Brianna listened to Oliver, she felt her pocket buzzed and excused herself for a moment to check who sent the message. She can't help but smile at his response, excited to see him later at the bar. Well, she did kind of feel bad for Oliver since it felt like she was cheating on him, but she's certain that Oliver got more matches beside her. I mean, everyone who joined GazeUponMe.com got more than one match right?

Shaking her head and focusing on the task at hand, Brianna continued to listen to Oliver and hid her phone back to her pocket. "I wish I can bake often. Hey, how about you teach me about how to make macarons and tarts? That is, if it's alright with you.." she asked when he said that he can make macarons and tarts. Truth be told, Brianna does know how making them, but she's put a bit of a practice. Besides, a second date with him doesn't sound bad, right?

Feeling another buzz in her pocket, she excused herself once again to check her phone. "Who could it be this time?" she wondered, reading the message before rereading it again. Again from Noah? Huh.. Tickets for Circus?

Brianna had heard about the circus in town and she wanted to see it, but she heard that it's very hard to get tickets for its a famous one called Masque De La Cirque. Oh, how thankful she is that Noah invited her and that the website provided them tickets. If she knew who made the website, Brianna is certain that she will hug him/her to death as thanks.

Trying to hide the excitement she's feeling about it, Brianna replied to Noah in the most calm and collected way she can: I don't mind our date being postponed. It would only be proper to meet such a gentleman like you to a Circus. Besides, that would be a fun date than in a bar ;)

Finally happy with her text, she hit the send button before returning her focus back to Oliver, realizing that he placed his hand atop of hers, enough to send shivers running down her spine and a blush creep into her face. "I..uhm.. I'll try.. It's just.. I'm not used to hum.. interacting with the boys.." she confessed, breathing normally now that he retracted his hand from her. Brianna wouldn't lie, but it actually felt nice to feel his hand. Oh God, what am I thinking? This is just the first date for heaven's sake. Pull yourself together

2dkhmkl.jpg
"Rubin, we're hungry." The youngest announced as the twins as they stepped into the spacious back seat of the small luxurious black limo.
"Yes ma'am. Where would the young misses like to eat?" Replied a long haired blonde from the front seat, whose voice sounded regal, yet obedient.
"Uhhg!!! I don't know!" Yuko exasperatedly retorted after a drawn-out sigh.
"Something takeout…" Junko intervened quietly.
"Yeah!" Yuko blurted causing her sister to jump. "And quick! We don't care just pick a place and order us some food already!"
"Yes ma'am." Rubin responded as the car started up and left the front of the university.
"So, I think I overheard mom talking about a visit to grandfather's the other day." Yuko sighed again.
"Fuuuuun." The elder sarcastically responded as she crossed a leg over the other and clasped her hands together gently in her lap. Yuko mirrored her and her gaze turned to two letters placed on seat across from them.
"Rubin, what's this?" Yuko questioned as she reached over and grabbed them.
"I picked them up at the door. Since they had your names on them I thought to bring them." The chauffeur answered as the twins opened their letters.

Dear Junko/Yuko,​
As part of our program we, of the Gaze Upon Me Dating Service, have taken upon ourselves to arrange a get together with one of your matches. This is the first of many opportunities that our company will provide for you. We hope that you will enjoy your night at the main event, and assure you that everything has been arranged and taken care of. Once again, we thank you for signing up for our service and opening yourself up to everything we have to offer.​
Sincerely, The Match Maker.​

"A carnival?"
"Mm…"
"Sounds interesting."
"Hmm…"
"You don't want to go." Yuko didn't mean it as a question, she knew her sister very well enough to know the answer.
"Not at all." Junko's reply was as expected, but as she continued to stare at the writing the side of her lips slightly curved upwards for a second as she convinced herself more and more to go despite her reclusive tendencies. Of course this smile remained unnoticed as it vanished quickly.
"I need to study for the upcoming exam, so I won't be able to go. I'll probably chill in the library."
"Ours or public?"
"Hmmm I'm thinking public, I like the air there."
"I do too…" Silence lingered between them for a moment; to Junko it was very awkward. She had something to say but was worried about her sister's reaction. "I think I may go…" The silence then continued as Yuko slowly turned towards her sister with a look of perplexity.
"To the Library?" Once again Yuko knew the answer, but she was so bemused that she had to make sure she was right.
"No." She was right, Junko had just decided to go to a public function that would force her to, not only be surrounded by hundreds of people , but to also talk, no, spend time with a complete stranger.
Instants passed and soon Yuko was pulling Jun's head towards her to examine it closer.
"wha-hey!" Junko struggled as her sister laughed ruffling her hair.
"Are you okay? I think you need a check up or something!"
"S-stop it!" After much struggling Junko gave up and rested her head on Yu's lap, who finally stopped torturing her and began to brush out the short hair between her fingers.
"So, what made you decide to do this all of a sudden? It's not like you."
"I do not know. I just feel like doing something different."
"Oh? Strange."
"Yeah."
"What would you guys like?" They heard from the front.
"Chicken Caesar salad with a sweet tea." They both answered simultaneously.

Once their food was ordered they told their driver to stop at the New Pieces community park, where the twins left the car to sit on a bench beside the garden to eat.
"Are you okay going alone?"
"I'll be fine."
"Well, I know that. You know what I mean."
"Of course."
"I swear, sometimes you can be so difficult."
"You're one to talk." The eldest received a huff. "How about you?"
"Oh you know I'll be fine."
"I bet you'll miss me more."
"Bullshit!"
"It's true."
"Yeah sure. Wanna bet?"
"You're on. No cheating either."
"You know the rules."
"It's not cheating unless you get caught." They smirked as they quoted their rule together.
Rubin leaned against his limo, silently watched them carefully as the two continued to happily converse and eat their food.

*If anyone wants to interact with the twins feel free too... just remember their douche bags XD and I'm sorry ahead of time for the evil things my characters may/will do in the future of this rp XD*

As shiroshi had been waiting for a response from Hadley his grandfather had gone out to check the mail. His grandfather raised an eyebrow at the letter for Shiroshi from a plaza called gaze upon me. His curiosity getting the better of him he opened the letter to find the tickets for Shiroshi and for whom his grandfather assumed was his girlfriend.

His grandfather smiled at the tickets and made his way back inside to text shiroshi "shiroshi. You have received a letter from gaze upon me. Along with tickets for the circus. Invite your girlfriend Rosario to go with you. Have fun and spend time with her."

Shiroshi gave a slight jump when he felt his phone vibrate again. He looked at it and gave a slight frown when he saw it was from his grandfather. He opened the message and quickly read it before he blushed a bit from his grandfather's assumptions. He'd have to talk to his grandfather later about it but at the moment he couldn't help but think about taking Rosario to the circus.

He quickly typed out a message to Rosario asking her to go before he pressed send before he looked back to Hadley. "Hey Rosario it's me Shiroshi again. I just found out from my grandfather that I got some tickets in the mail from the gaze upon me site to go tov the circus thats in town. I was wondering if you'd want to go with me? I know the circus is in a few days and I'm free this weekend so..I hope you'll want to go with me. Maybe I'll see you around I hope your day is going well"

@Naberius

Last edited:
hqkzXPi.gif

~Katelyn Winters~

Katelyn was distracted from her job when a soft voice called out, one that made the brunette sigh in relief at. Her shift was over! Brown orbs flickered from the table towards the petite blonde who was garbed in the same attire of her as she slowly wound her hair up to a ponytail. "Alice..." She called out as she hurried over to the other. "Its your shift now?" She questioned, receiving a grin and a nod from the other. "Yep! Covering for someone this shift so you can go if you want." She told her, an action that had Katelyn delighted. "Brilliant!" She replied, pulling out the notepad and pen to pass to the other as she began to undo the knot on her apron. "Have fun then Alice!" She cooed, already hurrying off to the staff room to grab her coat and belongings.

Around five minutes later, the part time worker had slung a dark green jacket across her shoulders along with her bag where her phone now rested. Her hair now fell back across her shoulders as the ribbon was around her wrist, tied. Exiting the back room, she walked over to the counter to say her goodbyes to Marcus and grab the collected tips for her before she gave a small wave and hurried from the place. She had no classes today, thank god, though she did have some work, Katelyn planned to just laze around for the day, maybe even send messages to her matches.

As she left the doors, Kate simply yawned, pulling her glasses away for a moment as she rubbed at her eyes, only replacing the spectacles a few moments later before she headed to the nearest crossing, a hum on her lips. "Maybe I should text Hitoshi...I never did get to say goodbye properly." She muttered, pressing an orange nail against her lip as she crossed, only to take the next left. "Then there is Shiroshi...but he is busy." She added, bringing three fingers up to her line of site. "Then the last, Junko." Counting the last finger, she paused in her steps for a moment. "All...are Japanese names, right?" She questioned herself, brows furrowed before shrugging. "Interesting."

Around ten minutes later, Katelyn was digging out a set of keys from a smaller inside pocket of her bag before unlocking her door with a soft huff. Finally back, she placed her keys on the table at the door before pulling off her coat and bag, putting them on the couch as she entered the living room of the apartment. "What to do...food?" Katelyn walked over to the fridge, the only sound following her being the sound of her heeled boots on the tiled floor of the kitchen area.

The brunette was about to pull out a milkshake and some fruit from her fridge when a sound echoed from her door, making her peer up for a moment before she headed over, door closing behind her. She had trudged back through the hallway and to the entrance with a curious expression upon her features, specially as she pulled open the door. "Hello?" At her door was a man garbed in a suit and styled back hair, the formality in the air made her cautious for a moment. "U-Um...Can I help you?" She asked. A nod was all she got before he spoke, a ticket held out for her to take. "From Miss.Junko, for the Circus event."

Noticing the name, of course as she could not forget, Katelyn took the item delicately before frowning. "Wait...what event?" But by then, the man had left and Katelyn was left in utter confusion. "What event?" She questioned before closing the door, a frown on her features. It was only then that she noticed the few envelopes that had piled up on the floor just below the door. Blinking owlishly, the girl reached down to pluck them from the floor, the ticket in her other hand as she headed back to the couch, slumping down.

Pulling open the one from Gaze upon me, Katelyn found herself both excited and anxious. While it sounded interested to attend a circus along with meeting her match, she could not deny that the lack of information on the other was causing a small bit of panic. In the end, she decided to put her thoughts on it aside until the day, for not to just focus on dealing with her hunger.​

Status
Not open for further replies.