Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
My time zone is Mountain Standard Time. I work a very stressful job, and am usually busy.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
I don't have a favorite genre. I can role-play under any genre and I enjoy doing so. Though, I tend to stray more towards Fantasy, Modern, Scifi, Drama, Magical, Supernatural, and Romance (BL/Hetero/GL).

cropped-Japan_Forest_City_Art.jpg

"Somewhere deep with in the concrete jungle of Biddeford the warm rays of the rising sun filtered through the young man's window. A disgruntled groan escapes from his diaphragm and off his flesh colored lips. Groggily he sits up, the sheets cascading down and away from him as he runs a hand through his messy hair. He stretches his arms high above his head, another low groan emitting out from deep inside him. Leaving the comforts of his wonderful bed, he walks over to a hibernating computer. Not taking a seat, he simply leans over as the screen lights up. He studies a window that he maximized carefully before a small smile blooms on his handsome face. Stepping away from the computer he walks over to closest window and pulls it open. The sea breeze fills the room as he gets a large breath of fresh air. His playful ambitious eyes look down towards the pavement below, and he could see the poor unfortunate souls scurry about their lives contributing to the usual hustle and bustle of the typical city scene. The breeze rustled his hair as it lazily flowed past him into the dimly lit room behind him. Somehow he had this ache in his bone, and he knew that today is going to be a wonderful day for love to blossom. Spinning on his heels he returns his attention to the monitor glowing across the room. Approaching it, he sits down and begins to work. He is going to make love blossom. "

E vent
- Setting -
Biddeford
8:00 am
Summer
Sunny, Partly Cloudy

The City of Biddeford is lively at eight o' clock in the morning. Schools are in session, work is to be done, and a routine to follow. The citizen's go about their day as planned, but for a lucky few a new opportunity strikes them. They happen across an advertisement, something that came to them either by flyer, commercial, radio, or verbally, that offers a free membership to a new dating website in desperate need of publicity. This lucky individual is immediately captivated, the words are exactly what is needed in order to push them to take the chance on the service it highlights. These curious souls does whatever necessary to remember the information the notice gives them. They take a picture perhaps, print out the ad, or maybe take the flyer with them. With the important information needed to apply for the membership, the small band of hopeful people follow the instructions given to them, and take the first step to finding love.

Instructions:

Tomorrow at 12:00 pm, search for GazeUponMe.Com in your provided search engine.
A link for the website will appear at the top of your search, click on it.
You will be directed to the website, and in the upper right corner a sign up link.
Do not click the sign up link, there will be a "redeem code" option underneath it.
Click that link and you will be directed to a page where you will fill in a text box with the code provided on your advertisement.
If your advertisement is with out a code, please contact this number: 1-800-1063-2333.
The service woman on the other end will ask you a series of questions before offering you a code.
Once you have entered your code and selected the next button, you will be taken to a new page.
One this page you will fill out a series of questions that will help us determine your match.
Viola! You've successfully earned a free membership and a chance for love.

However, after following the instructions carefully, the server kicks them out. They try frantically to reload the page and return to the site, but to your surprise the link to the website has disappeared. Unable to do anything of the situation they wait to see what happens. The following day they receive a notice by phone from the website that their servers were down due to some complications, but were able to receive their clients information. They deeply apologized for the error and assured it wouldn't happen again. Following the notice, the character is given another notice that they have been matched.

T he P arings

~

Brianna Herondale
[spoili]

Noah
Oliver
Hitoshi

[/spoili]

~

Donovan Maynard
[spoili]

His Gaze Is Mine

Unmatched

[/spoili]​

~

Hitoshi Yuchiyama

[spoili]
Kaitlyn
Brianna
Theresia

[/spoili]

~

Junko Saiji
[spoili]

Miriam
Katelyn

[/spoili]

~

Jordan Finnegan
[spoili]

Rosario
Nessa
Katelyn
Oliver

[/spoili]

~

Katelyn Winters
[spoili]

Shiroshi
Junko
Hitoshi

[/spoili]

~

Miriam Foster
[spoili]

Junko
Skylar
Katelyn
Hitoshi

[/spoili]

~

Nessa Blathant
[spoili]

Oliver
Shiroshi
Jordan

[/spoili]

~

Noah Reed
[spoili]

Oliver
Brianna
Nessa

[/spoili]

~

Oliver Kain
[spoili]

Brianna
Nessa
Noah
Jordan

[/spoili]

~

Rosario Castellano
[spoili]

Jordan
Shiroshi
Saul
Noah

[/spoili]

~

Saul Mitchelle Distor
[spoili]

Shiroshi
Yuko
Jordan

[/spoili]

~

Shiroshi Raidon
[spoili]
Thereisa
Rosario

[/spoili]

~

Skylar Metharom
[spoili]
Miriam
[/spoili]

~

Thereisa Fraser
[spoili]

Shiroshi
Oliver
Hitoshi

[/spoili]

~

Yuko Saiji
[spoili]
Shiroshi
Noah
Donovan

[/spoili]

~

Let the game begin.​

Last edited:
Jordan M. Finnegan

Jordan was having brunch with his mothers at a cafe located at King's Beach. He enjoyed the fresh sea breeze every now and again, his company was also quite good. Heather had just finished reminding them of a funny little story that involved a rubber ducky and himself. He chuckled at her exaggerations, and Raina just watched with amusement. Raina and Jordan were more quiet than Heather and preferred to just listen, which is why most people think she's the actual biological mother. "I hope you have fun on your little vacation." He said, finishing the rest of oolong tea before getting back on his feet. Waving to his parents as they separated.

Even though he only intended to stay here for a short while, he changed his mind after getting hit by the sea breeze that would often blow by. 'It'll be alright, I'll finish it after this little walk.' He thought, ignoring the loud noises and let the calm atmosphere the beach had to engross him. Taking a nice stroll on the boardwalk, he let his mind wander. Only to be stopped by a man, handing him a flyer for a dating site. He was hesitant on actually taking it seriously, but didn't want to regret it later on. So he took a seat on a nearby bench and read the advertisment.

He wasn't really that interested to start online dating, but he did admit he was getting a bit lonely. After all, his parents were even going out of the country for the time being and won't come back until God knows when. He was asocial, but that didn't stop the feeling from creeping in. His family also encouraged the idea; dating, that is. He blushed, 'Why has it come to this...?' He didn't judge people because they used dating sites, however he felt that he may screw up. This was ver usual for him, often making himself look like a fool because he can't interact properly. He didn't know where this boost of confidance came from, but he did went along with it.

On his break, Jordan went on a computer to do the deed. The instructions were very specific, and that intrigued him as well. Though, he had never tried going on a dating site before, so he shrugged it off as complete ignorance on the subject. He followed the steps, and finished at a quarter past twelve. But when it kicked him out, he was shocked, "I don't understand, I followed the instructions very carefully!" He muttered, still surprised. Trying to get back on, even. Finally giving up after the third try. "Maybe next time. Or not, this was a pretty stupid idea anyway." He thought, going back to work as he did so.

The next day, Jordan was quite alarmed to see they've actually messaged him. He read it carefully, and his heart pumped a bit faster after finishing. 'Really stupid idea!"

2dkhmkl.jpg

A yawn escaped from one of the twins who sat back to back on one of the benches in the courtyard of the university. One of them had short platinum blonde hair, and wore a black suit jacket with the arms rolled up, under it was a plain worn looking black t-shirt. She had on skinny jeans and under those were black boots, Junko looked very much like a tomboy, her style often surprised the few who actually knew her personality. Leaning against her back was Yuko, who wore a similar black suit jacket with rolled up sleeves, but under was a clean white blouse with frills around the neck, a thin flowing skirt with layers underneath, and black flats to match. Her blonde hair was long unlike her sister's, but they shared big electric blue eyes, pale skin, and the same face. They shared many things, in fact.

Their eyes scanned papers in their nimble hands; concentration could be seen on their delicate features.
"This script…" Yuko said in an admiring tone as she continued to read. Junko lifted her head but her eyes stayed glued onto the pages.
"Yes." The quiet voice of the eldest simply replied.
"And we are to perform this masterpiece? I'm privileged with this wonderful opportunity?" Yuko held her arms up as she spoke, to further enforce the excitement behind her words.
"Mhm… Dramatic as ever, sister." Junko, however, didn't seem as eager as her sister on the outside, but she was just as thrilled. They loved to act, it was their passion, and finding a script to both of their liking wasn't an easy task. If one was displeased, the other was as well, if one was in the cast, the other was there too. The fact that they both were excited is a compliment to whoever made it happen.

The day before was much like this as was many prior, there was one large difference though:
As fate would have it a paper flew into the face of the older twin. Without flinching, she pulled it off and began to read. For a brief moment delight actually appeared on her face before it was quickly replaced by her usual stoic features. Of course, her sister hadn't seen this very rare occasion.
"Yuko… Are you bored? In general?" Junko inquired, hints of mischief could be heard in her monotone voice.
"Maybe, what do you have in mind?" The youngest twirled her legs over the edge of the bench and faced her sister, who handed her the paper.
"A dating site? Why on earth should we join something like that?" Yuko asked slightly taken aback at the odd suggestion.
"I thought you'd jump at the opportunity to break peoples' hearts." Junko tossed her a sly look, and after a moment she received one back.
"You're right, this could be fun." Yuko's lips pulled into an impish grin as she brought out her laptop to follow the instructions. Junko scooted beside her and watched.
"What are the chances of us being set with the same person?"
"100% I hope, double the torture and heart break. Even if we don't get the same person, its not hard to just switch places for a day. That will be so much fun." An evil laugh escaped from Yuko as she entered the redeem code from the flyer onto 2 separate windows then began answering the questions for the both of them.
After a few moments both of them were members and waiting for the results, when the server crashed Yuko gave a snarl.
"This better not be one of those cheap failure sites that some loser in his mother's basement just made at home for free!"
"Just wait." Junko said patiently as she closed the laptop onto her sister's lap and put it into Yuko's backpack.

Today though, they received a phone call around the same time informing them about the server. They checked the site and confirmed that not only was the server back up, but their matches were posted.
"I got Shiroshi Raidon, Noah Reed, and Donovan Maynard. You have Miriam Foster and Katelyn Winters. Why'd you only get two?" Yuko stated.
"I'm perfectly fine with two… In fact that is one too many, I didn't think I'd have to choose." Junko shyly said.
"Dating sites don't just hand you one person and guarantee that he or she is the perfect one." Yuko laughed. "They give you choices."
"Oh." Once again Junko closed the laptop and placed it in the bag.

Yuko then rose to her feet after a moment of silence, she stared blankly into the distance at nothing as she slightly began to tremble. "Did you hear?"
Junko laid back on the large bench using their backpacks as pillows and sighed. "Come to bed."
Yuko looked back at her sister with confusion in her eyes. "You didn't?"
"Hear what?"
"Outside. They're building a barricade."
A flicker of interest appeared in the eldest's eyes. "Where?" She sat up a little and stared at the woman.
"Here. On our street" They're bright azure eyes locked as Junko suddenly turned pale with worry. She rushed to her sister's side and stared into the distance as Yuko did before, but the youngest only stared at Junko with concern, trembling.
"How long?" Junko inquired, still staring into the distance and moving her head as if to get a better view.
"An hour at least."

After a long pause Junko spoke up. "My brother?"
"He's gone. He knew you'd try to stop him, so he left as soon as it started. I saw him go." Yuko replied sadly. Junko's gaze finally turned to the girl; it was filled with anger which manifested into her next words. "Why didn't you wake me?!"
"What could you have done?" With sympathetic eyes Yuko replied.

There was silence between them now, after a moment Junko's gaze softened. The pause seemed to last forever to them as they stared into eachother's eyes. Finally Junko opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by the alarms on their phones which caused both of them to flinch. They shared looks of disappointment and irritation as they turned off their alarms and grabbed their stuff.
"Class calls." Yuko said obviously miffed at the interruption and they started towards their class together.

Theresia Hadley Fraser
32841517.jpg

"Theresia! The front needs to be swept," the manager called from the entrance of Rise and Shine Cafe, adjusting his tie as he approached the counter. She sneered at in response, changing her expression quickly as he came closer. "How many times must I insist you call me Hadley?" she complained, moving to retrieve the broom from the utilities closet. He ignored her, as usual, as he took in the coffee stocks. She groaned and went off to do as he ordered. "And remember, put your shoes back on," he called to her back. This time it was she that ignored him.

Hadley padded out, her blue socks bright in the early morning light. She was happy to get some fresh air. Standing behind that counter was killing me. The morning was a bit slow, but that was to be expected every now and then. Plus we just opened. She chucked at her restlessness, dragging the broom from side to side, pausing to dance with it every now and then, twirling on blue cottoned toes. Leaning on the broom, she sighed. Reaching into her back pocket, she pulled out the flyer Mrs. Harold had given her this morning. It was an advertisement for some sort of dating website. When she asked her about it, her land lord simply said, "Such a pretty girl like you should have a nice man to keep her company, not some wrinkled old lady." She had laughed in response. Mrs. Harold is anything but a wrinkled old lady. Hadley sighed, "I do need someone though." She hadn't dated since her last ex about a year ago, and what a loser he had been. "Couldn't hurt to try again," she shrugged at the broom who kept its opinion to itself. She returned inside, deciding to try it after she got out of work.

"Ugh, you've got to be kidding me!" Hadley scoffed. It was about the tenth time that she had tried to reboot her computer to get the site to come back, yet it came to no avail. The evil ERROR 404 page was as unyielding as ever. She groaned again, heavily leaning back against her desk chair. After all that freakin' time it took just to answer those questions and now I can't even get the site to load. She had gone through with visiting the site mostly to humor her land lady, but now regretted even signing on. "Ugh, forget this. I guess I'll try again tomorrow." It was late so she had no trouble falling asleep.

The morning came and Hadley dragged herself up to prepare for another day of work. I have class today, she thought with a frown. As she brushed her teeth her phone chimed. Picking it up, Hadley noticed she had received a message.
Congratulations you have been matched!!!

Last edited:
Shiroshi Raidon

Shiroshi had begun the day as he always had. He had woken up, showered, and went down to eat breakfast with his mom and grandparents. Talk was light and simple about what the day's plans would hold and what they wanted for dinner that night. Then the family would go their separate ways. His mom would go to work at a small bakery that was just down the street. His grandparents would stay at home and cook and clean and run any small errands that the family needed to run. Shiroshi would start making his way to the Salty Dog to see if the manager would want him to come and play for the night. Most of the time he got lucky and the manager would ask him to stay and play. Other times he didn't and the manager would send him home.

Luck didn't seem to be on his side that day as the manager said he didn't need him to play for the guests tonight since. With a long face and a heavy heart Shiroshi started walking home with his head down and his hands in his pockets. "I want a change..I need something to change..I feel like i'm just going through the same routine each day..the same old story.." He stopped as he caught a glimpse of an ad that had been stapled to a telephone pole. "Find love..just sign up?" Maybe this could be the change he was looking for. Shiroshi tore the poster down and carefully folded it up and put it into his pocket and continued on his way home.

Once he got home he sighed a bit and called out to the house. "Kon'nichiwa ojīchan! Kon'nichiwa o bāchan! Tadaima!" (Hello Grandpa! Hello Grandma! I'm home!) His grandparents spoke English but not a lot of it so most of the time Shiroshi and his mother spoke in Japanese around them. They only spoke in English when they were talking about something private or when they had company over as to not make them feel uncomfortable. He found his grandparents sitting out on the back porch and joined them for a bit. "Ojīchan? Chotto o kiki shite mo īdesu ka?" (Grandpa can I ask you something?) "Anata wa watashi ni nanika o motomeru koto ga dekimasu" (You can ask me anything) Shiroshi let out a slow breath and rubbed the back of his head before asking "Watashi wa watashinojinsei no henka o nozomunara, watashi wa sore o tsuikyū suru hitsuyō ga arimasu ka?" (If I desire a change in my life should I pursue it?) His grandfather merely laughed and smiled at his grandson "Yūki o henkō shimasu. Yūki wa, tatakau tame ni. Yūki wa ikite imasu" (Courage to change, courage to fight, courage to live)

Shiroshi smiled at his grandfathers words. They were the words that he had been raised on and so he should have realized that his grandfather would have told him that. He nodded once and stood up quickly "Arigatō. Ojīchan" (Thank you grandpa) With that Shiroshi hurried up the stairs to sign up for the site that the ad described. He followed each step as carefully as he possibly could. Answered each question with as much honesty as he could and let out a slow breath when he had finally finished. When the site crashed he panicked. He tried countless times to refresh the page, to find the site again but the stupid ERROR 404 kept popping up. He punched his desk in frustration and stood up "Stupid site...I should have known it was a hoax from the beginning" With a heavy heart and a tired mind Shiroshi had turned in to go to bed.

When he awoke the next morning he had started to go through his normal routine again when he suddenly heard his phone go off. That was strange who could be messaging him that early in the morning. He picked up his phone and checked the message only to see the words "YOU HAVE BEEN MATCHED!!"

Brianna Herondale

Mixing the gin, vermouth and Campari equally before garnishing it with an orange wedge, Brianna is proud of her Negroni cocktail. She was working at the Oasis Night Club as a bartender but since its summer and it's her day off, she decided that staying in her apartment while drinking cocktails is the best way to spend her time. She rarely drinks her cocktails for she is avoiding to be a drunkard or a slut. She may work as a bartender at the bar but that doesn't mean she likes the party scene. For her, parties are fascinating to watch behind the counter but something chaotic when invited to. Anyway, back to the story:

"Ahh~ so good~" Brianna cooed as she sipped on the cocktail and turned the telly on only to see an advertisement about a dating site. Hah, dating. Something Brianna hasn't experienced yet. "Who needs a man when you can be independent?" she mumbled to herself before taking another sip of her drink. True that sometimes she gets jealous over her friends who got boyfriends and sometimes that she do get lonely but it didn't matter to her. Why would it when she wanted to stand in her own two feet?

As the day progressed, the advertisement stuck to her mind like gum to a shoe for the whole day. Her friends even tried to convince her to try it even once.

"Come on, Brie! It will be fun!" a friend of her exclaimed as they we're sitting at her apartment's balcony, sipping some cocktails.
"Yeah... remember Steve? I've met him online and look what we've become! Now we're getting married in just a few months!" another friend of hers exclaimed.

She really doesn't like the idea of her being on a date; it's just too much for her. As her friends left her apartment, she unconsciously looked over the clock to see it's near midnight. Sighing, she went over to her laptop and sat down, staring at her the screen. "I guess one little date wouldn't hurt" she whispered to herself before following the instructions. The instructions are simple so she followed it without fail and was quite disappointed when the link to the website has disappeared. "I knew it. Even the web agrees with me" Brianna said to herself and headed to bed, completely oblivious of what's about to happen.

The next day her phone blaring loudly woke her up, only to see a notice from the website and quickly shot out of bed with her heart jumping out of her chest.

"They what?!"

Saul Distor

[BCOLOR=transparent]Saul stared at the blank canvas. No inspiration was coming to him, which would normally bother him, but he was having an off day to start with. If only he hadn't passed by the man who had been giving out advertisements for a dating website. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] He had tried to politely decline his offer, but he was so persistent to the point that he'd feel terrible to say no again, and so he took the flyer. Once he got home, he had thrown away the paper, but ever since, it had been stuck in his mind. It's a rare occasion for something to be stuck in his mind all day considering he is a very forgetful person. Saul had tried convincing himself that he didn't need anyone to care for, which worked for a while, it didn't last too terribly long.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] Saul glanced over at the trash can and let out a long sigh.[/BCOLOR] 'It wouldn't hurt to try, I suppose.' [BCOLOR=transparent]He thought as he walked over to the bin and hesitantly picked up the wrinkled piece of paper. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]He read and re-read the instructions carefully, making sure that he hadn't missed even the tiniest detail. After he finished, he made his way over to his laptop, sat down, and followed the information that was given to him. He filled out the questions thoroughly and finally finished in around an hour.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] Right as he clicked 'Submit', the website kicked him out. His eyes stared at the screen, showing no sign of agitation even though he felt it. He took a deep breathe a clicked the 'Refresh' button to see if it would work, but the website's link disappeared. Saul closed the laptop and got up, walking over to the canvas, disappointed that it didn't work; Although, he did have a bit of enthusiasm to finish his painting now that he had nothing better to do.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] Even though he finished it, it wasn't the most glorious painting he had ever made. It showed signs of pentimento, but he didn't mind. It gave it more character. By the time he stopped judging it, it was already 12: 47 AM. A yawn escaped his throat when he noticed. He shuffled into his room, changing his clothes, and collapsing on his bed, quickly falling asleep.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] He woke up the next morning to the beeping of his alarm clock. He got up and went straight to his laptop, glancing at the advertisement as he did so. When he opened the laptop, the once crashed webpage had a few apologies and large words in the middle that made his heart flutter.[/BCOLOR]

"Congratulations! You have been matched!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Skylar ran a hand through his blue-dyed hair, scruffing it with an almost uncomfortable look on his face. His other hand hovered over the mouse of his computer. He was looking at the screen of his computer with his brows furrowed as if in consternation. He'd just received an email from a friend of his that read:

"Hey!

Y'know Sky, I know you're all cool doing your lone wolf thing, but we've all decided that we're tired of seeing your depressingly ugly mug all the time, and have worked together to find a dating site for you, since you really need a girl, man. Here's the link. Have fun with that! Oh yeah, and if you don't take our gracious offer and sign up for it, we'll set you up with Jason's ugly step-sister."

"Bastard." Skylar muttered. He had no intention of joining any such site, thank you very much, and if he got pestered about it, he'd just have to lie and say he had. They would bug him non-stop if he didn't. A picture of a bright pink pamphlet had been pasted into the bottom of the message, demanding to be looked at, drawing Skylar's eye almost unwillingly. Its piercing pink color was almost blinding, and all the letters were written in an obnoxiously rounded font that made him want to throw something at it. The words, so carelessly thought out and written, however, made him pause. "Tired of watching your loved ones crumbling around you? Want to find a good partner to help you make sense of it all? Join, and we'll see what we can do." A touch of irony, a pinch of brutal honesty, and the words he'd always wanted to have fulfilled, "make sense of it all. For a long time, he just read those words again, tracing each nasty, heart-encrusted letter with his eyes. No. He shouldn't let himself get sucked into these things. He clicked "Reply" and just wrote back, "F--- off, Bastard." Then, he closed the email and his computer and got ready to go to work.

The aquarium somehow always seemed to bustle with life. It wasn't like there was anything particularly interesting about fishes gaping at each other all day, so he didn't know why this place, out of all others, attracted tourists. He shook his head, as he swept up some popcorn that had gotten spilled all over the floor. Honestly, they didn't even sell popcorn here, which meant someone had brought it in from outside. Wasn't there a sign that said, "NO FOOD" even with pictures and all right outside the entrance? People. Seriously. A little four year old girl came up to him in tears. It seemed she'd been wandering around for quite some time. Skylar was quite used to this occurrence, as it happened nearly every other day. He crouched down in front of her, "Hey, you lose your parents, little girl?" He asked her without much compassion in his voice. She nodded tearfully and held her arms out to him for him to pick her up. He sighed as if he really didn't want to do it, but picked her up anyways, "C'mon, let's get you to the office so we can call your mommy." He said calmly, walking away from his janitor's cart for the moment. "You got a name?"

She nodded and sniffed. "I'm Julia." She said, quietly.

Skylar took Julia to the office, where he was reprimanded severely for picking up yet another child, because of course they were supposed to just leave crying children to their own devices. If they got accused of a kidnapping it would be a huge scandal after all. He just rolled his eyes at the manager, who would never fire him for a reason like that anyways. Since they'd employed Skylar, the number of panicking parents kicking up a stink had been reduced exponentially. As much as he was reprimanded, what he was doing was more of an extra service for the aquarium than anything else. In the middle of her lecture, however, a little boy who shared a strong resemblance to the girl came bursting into the room yelling, "Julia!"

The small, brown-haired girl immediately burst into tears and ran into the boy's arms. Skylar ignored his manager as a pair of adults followed the boy into the room. They cooed to the little girl reassuringly before finally taking her off the aquarium's hands. By that time, the blue-haired boy was already long gone, back to his real job as a janitor and guide. As he finished sweeping the floor clean of popcorn, however, he remembered the way that little girl had jumped into her older brother's arms. Come to think of it, something like that had happened to him when he was young, too. But that was back when his brother hadn't been broken. Man, it was hard to even remember what his brother had been like before he became the shell of a man he was now, the boy Skylar had looked up to almost like a father. He shook his head, trying his best not to think, "what if." What if his brother had found a girl who was truly worth his while? What if? He shook his head again, as if more securely shaking the thought out of it.

When he got home later that day, though, he clicked on the link, without really thinking about it. It felt almost as if his hands were doing something his brain was not aware of. Following the instructions carefully, he signed up for the program - though why in heck would someone call a dating site Gaze Upon Me? That sounded more like a stalking site - and just after he clicked submit, and saw the confirmation message the site crashed. For a long moment, he blinked at his computer in surprise, then he shrugged. Well, this had to be some sign from God that he shouldn't get romantically involved. Yup, it was better for a monster like him to stay a monster alone. He shrugged and turned away.

The next day, he was a bit surprised to find an email from the site, telling him he had been matched. Already..? He looked at the proffered names. Two names. What a surprise. Who were Miriam Foster and Eloise Madeu though? Eloise Madeu, fancy name, sounded French, delicate. Well, whoever these two were, he hoped one of them had a strong constitution

Last edited:
Donovan.png
It was late in the evening. The house was quiet as usual, only breeched by the sound of Donovan's tireless typing and the 7th Symphony of Beethoven playing in the background. On his desk beside him lay several essays he'd just finished marking a while ago, and beside that stood a half empty wine glass, the red liquor glimmering in the illumination of the computer screen. Leaning back in his chair, he stifled a yawn and readjusted his glasses before quickly reading through what he'd written. It was a reply to one if his students asking if it would be alright to hand in an essay the day after the deadline, since he'd been hospitalized for quite a while. In Donovan's mind it didn't matter when they handed it in, as long as they did hand it in before he had to set their final grades. Of course, he appreciated punctuality – yet if something happened to come in between, there wasn't really a lot to be done, about it, was there? Breathing a soft sigh, he clicked "send" before continuing to browse through the unread emails of his inbox. He was just about to close the tab when a new email arrived. "Gaze Upon Me - The Chance of Your Life!". He arched an eyebrow. Usually, this sort of thing didn't interest the high school teacher. Even so, something compelled him to click on the email anyway. Perhaps he was just so incredibly bored that he thought he may at least take a look.

To: [email protected]
Re: Gaze Upon Me - The Chance of Your Life!

Tired of spending your evenings alone? Want some excitement in your life? With these simple steps, your life will take a turn for the interesting in no time! Sign up for Gaze Upon Me tomorrow, and discover the love of your life!

Instructions:

Tomorrow at 12:00 pm, search for gazeuponme.com in your provided search engine.
You will be directed to the website, and in the upper right corner a sign up link.
Do not click the sign up link, there will be a "redeem code" option underneath it.
Click that link and you will be directed to a page where you will fill in a text box with the code provided on your advertisement.
If your advertisement is with out a code, please contact this number: 1-800-1063-2333.
The service woman on the other end will ask you a series of questions before offering you a code.
Once you have entered your code and selected the next button, you will be taken to a new page.
One this page you will fill out a series of questions that will help us determine your match.

"Simple my ass." It looks like way more work than it'll be worth. Besides, I have a nagging feeling this is a scam. Shaking his head he marked the email as "spam", before he closed the email and logged out. Then he turned off the computer. Whatever it was, Donovan had better things to do than bother with this sort of thing. He picked up his wine glass, breathing a soft sigh as he took a casual sip. A sweet, silky taste filled his mouth and he shut his eyes for a moment, enjoying the quality of it. A moment later he opened them again, glancing at the aged grandfather clock behind the sofa. It's nearing midnight. Time for bed, I'd suppose. Donovan finished his wine before eventually getting up and turning off the music and lights.

The following morning Donovan was woken up by his alarm clock and radio. There was nothing out of the ordinary about it. It had started exactly at 06:00 as it always did, set on radio as Donovan enjoyed listening to the morning news whilst getting ready for work. The only strange thing about it was the commercial running at exactly that moment. "Tired of spending your evenings alone? Want some excitement in your life? With these simple steps, your life will take a turn for the interesting in no time! Sign up for Gaze Upon Me today, and discover the love of your life!" A slight frown settled across his features. "Really now?" He reached for the off button, pressing down on it with his thumb before getting up and heading for the bathroom. Surely it had just been a coincidence. At least that was what he told himself, as he undressed and stepped into the shower.

Before long Donovan had finished showering and gotten dressed. He was wearing a v necked black polo shirt and a stylish pair of black jeans. A silvery watch hugged his right wrist and as always, a pair of glasses rested on the bridge of his nose. He was seated at the breakfast table, flipping through the pages of the daily newspaper when something (guess what?) caught his attention.

"Tired of spending your evenings alone? Want some excitement in your life? With these simple steps, your life will take a turn for the interesting in no time! Sign up for Gaze Upon Me today, and discover the love of your life!"

"..." Ignoring the ad, Donovan finished with catching up on the latest news before folding the paper and laying it down beside his plate.

He was on break next time he encountered rumors of this peculiar match making site. This time he happened to overhear two of his colleagues talking about it. Maybe I should give it a try? I mean, what's the worst that could happen? Who knows, perhaps it would be able to provide me with at least some kind of entertainment – and if not, it'll be a way to kill time before I'm off to class. His lips curled into a slight smile as he briefly glanced at his watch. It was almost twelve. Perfect. And so Donovan found himself following the instructions, despite earlier dismissing the entire thing as a scam. He didn't answer any of the questions particularly seriously, as he wasn't very serious about the dating site in the first place. Even so, he made sure to sound convincing enough. Once he was done, he clicked submit, only to–

404_not_found.png

Donovan paused, arching an eyebrow as he stared at the 404 error screen. He tried refreshing the page once, but since he got the same results, shrugged his shoulders and closed down the browser. "Go figure." Since his class would be starting soon, he wasn't really given the time to mull over it. In fact, Donovan didn't give it any more thought. That was, until he received a message by phone the following day.

Greetings, Mr. Maynard.
We deeply apologize for yesterday's error and assure it will not happen again. Our servers went down due to some complications. We would like to inform you that despite this, we were able to receive your information.

GazeUponMe.com

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Esmeray and Sinopa

hqkzXPi.gif

~Katelyn Winters~

The bright screen of her laptop reflected off the surface of orange rimmed glasses as the eyes behind stare at the screen with absolute defeat. There was a trembling to to her limbs as her lower lip trembled in disbelief, her mind working to try and figure out why this site had suddenly booted her and vanished! Vanished! Katelyn reached up, her index finger and thumb began to tug the sleeve of her light material blazer in worry at the sudden disorganization of her plans, anxiety creeping in as she reached over to close her laptop. Katelyn had followed all of the instructions given to her and it failed, quickly becoming the most recent issue of her life. It took a few moments before the brunette sighed deeply, letting her head fall onto the wood of the oak desk in the corner of the library, a groan tumbling from her throat as she closed her eyes, ignoring the feeling of her glasses pressing against her skin, digging in.

A while later, Katelyn had gotten herself up and stretched, her lips pursed in to a thin line that shined with a light gloss. "...I knew these sites were dodgy." The woman murmured, reaching over to clasp orange clad nails around the back of the closed laptop, bringing it up to shove into the dark brown leather back after she fumbled with the silver clasps upon its side. "I should of just listen to everyone..." Katelyn had even to come accept that this site may be legitimate, that it might just be a chance she had at finding someone. Even with all her issues! A sigh escaped those lips as brown orbs flitted fleetingly to her bag, only to dismiss it seconds later as she turned upon her heels to head back home. She had to go to bed early to night. She had to do a few shifts at the cafe tomorrow, having accepted the hours of two other employees after all.

~

The next day, Katelyn was at work in a local cafe by her apartment, her phone shoved into the pocket on her apron. She wore her usual uniform as she waited on the tables, an elegant smile plastered onto her face as she noted down the orders on a small pad slipped between her hands. A crisp white shirt was tucked into into a pencil black skirt that fit her well as it stopped just above her knees. Around her waist was a wrap of red ribbon as it kept the dark red material, the apron, around her hips as she would soon place back inside the pad, full of orders for the chef. Accompanied by a pair of black tights and her usual dark heel combat boots. Luckily, her manager allowed her to get away with that lone. Her mess of dark brown curls was pinned up into a high ponytail, a few rebellious locks escape to fall over her features. The whole uniform was topped off by a red tie that was settled around her collar, falling to the top of her apron.

Having finished receiving an order from their newest guests, she had given a polite bow of the head before informing them she would return promptly with their orders before she had hurried off to inform the chef. The words had tumbled easily from her lips and to the man stood behind the window, her eyes not even gazing to the note she had taken. There was no need, after all, Katelyn never forgot. Once she had relayed the information thrice, Katelyn had brushed off his minor insult upon her memory before requesting to take her break when she heard her phone beep with the familiar tone of a message.

The taps of her heels against the marble floor barely distracted her as she walked down the hall to the staff room, her hand reaching up to unwind the band holding back the wavy locks, letting them free to fall across her shoulders. It was a quick push of a swinging door later before Katelyn had collapsed into the black leather cushions of the staff break room, a happy smile appearing on her lips at the sudden comfort presented to her. For a few minutes, silence engulfed her as her mind, in its inability to forget, recalled a poem she once read about the silence before it reminded her about the familiar tone of her mobile device from before. "Oh right..." She mumbled to no one in particular as she fished out the orange cased device, flicking on the screen with a single pressed before she typed with practiced ease, her pass code.

Katelyn however, was stunned into silence when she opened up the message she received. Her eyes had gone owlishly wide as her lips fell agape, fingers pressing down harder upon the familiar orange case she she felt her brows raise in utter disbelief at the new information. For a moment she was stunned, stilled in silence as she watched an motionless screen.

...Congratulations! You have been matched...

It was those five words alone that had the device fall into her lap, Katelyn's eyes wide as she furrowed her brows, glasses having slipped down the bridge of her nose as he gaze shifted to the wall opposite her.

"...What?"

• Love
Reactions: Esmeray and Sinopa
tumblr_inline_nq3iiyb9Zg1t70mop_540.png

"Sí, mí tía… Sí, sí, yes…" Rosario ran her free hand through her hair and sat back in her chair, waiting for her aunt to finish her rambling on the other end of the phone. She knew Alba meant well, but the woman could lecture for days if somebody let her.

On the desk before her was an open French II textbook and a notebook filled with doodles and lines of messy cursive handwriting. The ink changed color half way down the page since she lost the blue pen after getting up to take a water break. The curtains to the window were thrown open, the sunshine filling the room with warm morning light. There were clouds in the sky, although it was a promising day. Maybe Rosa would pick up some groceries today. She had been living off of ramen noodles for the past three days.
On the other end of the phone, her aunt finally paused. Rosa jumped on the chance. "Tía, I have to go. Sí. Sí. Yes, tía. Hasta luego." Ending the call as quickly as she could, she took a moment to stand and stretch. She had been studying since she had woken up, preparing herself for her sophomore classes once the fall semester rolled around. She was always worried about failing them. Rosa was worried about a lot of things all the time.

Grabbing her bag off the counter, she left her apartment and headed downstairs. Once outside, she lit up one of her cigarettes and inhaled deeply, savoring the smoke clouding her lungs. It was one of the many things her Aunt Alba lectured her about, but it was also one of the few things that kept her calm. Upon arriving at the grocery store, she ground what was left into the brick wall and tossed it in the recycling. If Rosa was going to smoke, she would at least buy the kind one can recycle.

Once inside, she looked over the bulletin board near the entrance. It was where she had found the flyer for her job, and it had become a habit to check it whenever she came in. Today, a particular flyer caught her attention. Removing it from where it was pinned, she examined it.
It was for a dating service. Rosa hadn't dated in quite awhile, a few years at least. Very few people could handle her fidget-y, anxious nature, and even less wanted to get romantically involved with that nature. Still, she took the ad with her, folding it into a neat rectangle before slipping it into her purse. She was hyperaware of the piece of paper as she made her way through the store, the nicotine from her cigarette not enough to banish the excitement twisting in her stomach.

In the blink of an eye, she had finished shopping, checked out, and was back to her apartment complex. Rosa set the grocery bag down on the counter, filled with probably less food than she needed, but her appetite had been killed. The instructions on the flyer had said to wait for until a set time, which was weird, but then again she had never really used a dating service either. Maybe punctuality was important.

She whittled the rest of the day away by cleaning up her apartment and studying some more, keeping herself as busy as possible. Once 12:00pm hit, she sat at her desk and followed the instructions step by step. Pleased with herself as the process went smoothly, Rosa was immediately taken aback when the server kicked her out.

"What- Oh shi-" She swore under her breath, frantically searching for the site again but to no avail. Crumbling up the ad into a paper ball, she threw it in the trash can with a little more aggression than necessary. Romance would only be a distraction anyways. Still angry, and more than a little jittery, she had another cigarette out on her balcony before going to bed.

Rosa was woken up by the notification ping on her phone, and she rolled over to search for it. Through bleary eyes she squinted at the message. It was an apology from a company for their servers going down.

Another ping sounded and a message appeared. "Congratulations! You have been matched!"

• Love
Reactions: Esmeray
Nessa Blathnat

Nessa had been on the phone with her mother for nearly half an hour now and she was speaking rapid Gaelic at the woman on the other end, it was nothing of consequence but there was work that she had to do, so she needed to hang up, she says good bye and clicks the phone shut finally looking up at her surroundings. She stood in a beautiful park and patiently awaited her clients; they were a newlywed couple and Nessa herself felt slightly jealous over it, but she didn't have the time nor really the desire to try and seek out a partner at this point; who would want anything to do with the overly quiet red head anyway? With a sigh and a shake of her head she looks around and notices the people headed towards her. She shakes her usual shyness away and smiled widely at them, before proceeding to instruct them on where to stand and started snapping photos with her beloved camera.

This was her third couple today...she probably could have done more if she was with a company but nope she was a freelance photographer she dictated her own work, and at home worked on her games. This couple was odd though and at the end of the shoot walked up to Nessa and handed her a flyer for something, turning it over she found out it was a flyer for a dating site, that made her blink several times but she takes the paper, thanks the couple, and heads home for the night. Well what ever maybe she should try it?

At home she works on retouching her photographs for the evening then settles to work on her game design work which actually keeps her up far later than she had intended...actually it was close to 11:30 in the morning she may as well stay up and do that application for this dating site. She waits the half hour and follows the intructions; what annoyed her though was the fact it had crashed! Oh whatever, it was probably a prank anyway...shrugging she stretches and taps her cheeks to wake up a bit more she had pictures to deliver! Her day resumed as usual and she ignored that site and it's errors doing her regular errands on no sleep. She would sleep tonight though definitely so it wasn't all bad.

When Nessa had gotten home she had crashed, nearly instantly onto her bed, not touching anything. It wasn't until her phone went off the next day that she woke up, really grumpy but she did wake up and picked up her phone staring bleary eyed at it. "'Sorry for the errors'? What...? Ooh it's that site huh? So it wasn't a---eep!" Her phone went off again startling her and making her drop it on her own face, she mumbles an ouch and picks up the phone again and reads the message. "You have been matched...oh boy I wonder what'll happen from here on out...? I'm kinda worried..." She mumbled this to herself and sat up getting out of bed to get prepared for the rest of her day.

• Thank You
Shiroshi stared down at the large bolded words that rang across his phone. He had been matched?! seriously?! He couldn't help the slow smile that crept across his face and he jumped up out of bed and laughed a bit to himself. He couldn't believe it! The site worked! It had really worked and it had found someone that thought he was compatible with! Yeah he knew that sometimes these things didn't always work. A site can say all it wants about how compatible he is with someone else but it wasn't up to the site it was up to the people themselves. When he finished his initial celebration he plopped back down onto his bed and opened the message more to find out who he had been matched with "Theresia Fraser, Rosario Castellano, and Eloise Vanessa Madeu. Interesting names for all three..but yet again so is mine. I wonder if they got matched with me as well? or if the site is just saying that these girls are compatible with the answers I gave."

He had no way of knowing the answer to his question for sure but he did know that he needed to get ready for the day. He let out a slow breath and stood up and made his way to the bathroom. He stripped off his clothes and got into the shower and turned on the warm water. He winced slightly at the sudden blast of hot but he quickly got used to it and let out a small sigh as let the water relax him. After his shower he got out and dried off. Wrapping the towel around his waist he went back to his room and quickly got dressed in a pair of blue jeans with a few small rips in the knees. He then threw on a dark blue t shirt and then put on a blue and white zip up sweater. He left the zipper undone and grabbed his headphones and put them around his neck to complete the outfit. "alright. Let's get the day started" With that he turned and made his way downstairs.

He looked around and didn't see his Grandparents anywhere "they must still be asleep" He said silently to himself. His mom would have left for work by now so he knew he wouldn't see her. He was never hungry in the morning so he didn't make breakfast and instead just grabbed a bottle of apple juice from the fridge and stepped outside. He let out a small sigh as the cool morning air hit him. A few birds were chirping in a nearby tree and that made him smile a bit more. He rubbed his eyes and took a deep breath and let it out slowly before he hurried down the steps from their porch and made his way to the side of the house where he kept his bike parked. He quickly undid the lock and chain that held it in place and hopped on. He then pulled out his phone and plugged his headphones into it and started playing some music to listen to as he started peddling his way into town. "Today is a new day"

Last edited:
hqkzXPi.gif

~Katelyn Winters~
~The Cafe~

The brunette scrambled to pick up her phone, her fingers winding around it as she hurriedly brought it up, closer, as she flicked across the screen to the matches. To who this site, with its credibility, had matched her or her answers to. When the two names had appeared, deep brown orbs blinked curiously as she cocked her head. "Junko Saiji..." There was a brief pause as she turned to the next. "Shiroshi Raidon..." Seconds later, the names evidently now in her memory as the screen was switch off to black, Katelyn furrowed her brows, a curious expression dawning in its place. "Japanese names..." It took her a few seconds before a small smile traced itself upon her lips, her hands encasing the phone as she brought it to her chest, sighing deeply. "I just can't believe...that I was matched..."

For ten minutes at the most, Katelyn had relaxed within the silence of the staff room as a small smile refused to part ways from her lips. With a small huff, she had shoved the phone into the pocket of her apron as she pulled herself up to stand, simply brighter than normal at the recent news. Expertly, hands weaved within the shoulder length chocolate brown locks as she ran them through as she pulled them back. A quick motion of her fingers, she had wound the previous band around them to finish the ponytail as she turned her attention then, to her glasses. A quick adjustment later, Katelyn was actually heading back after her break with a large grin.

Walking back over to the counter, the Brunette grabbed the attention of her co-worker as she received a question about her current mood. "...Mhm...I'm not really sure why I'm happy." She pointed out, shrugging her shoulders lightly as she picked up the notepad and pen, spinning around to head over towards the newest table with a smile. "Katie! Remember to write it down!" The cook called out, his brows furrowed together in a weary expression that caused the lines of his face to become visible. Though it caused her to pause momentarily before nodding, calling back. "Got it, Marcus."

When she had reached the newly occupied table, Katelyn settling the open pad upon the flat of her hand as her fingers curled around it, as if to encase it permanently as she rest the tip of the cheap pen against the fresh white surface. "My name is Katelyn and I'll be serving today. Would you like to order now or should I return?" Was the question that came out, her voice almost melodic in her more chirpier mood. She received pleasant responses before she ended up jotting down the couples order. "Understood! Any drinks?" She asked. "One herbal tea and one Latte please." The male ordered, causing Katelyn to finish the page as she nodded. "Ill be back with your drinks then~"

Heading back over to Marcus, she passed him the torn sheet before she headed behind the bar to work on the drinks. "See~ Paper this time" She teased cheerfully, heading over to pick up a china cup and such to start on the drinks. "Ha.Ha." Was the response as Marcus headed behind the swinging doors. "Just keep it up, Katie" "Okay, Okay~"

Reactions: Esmeray and Andy
Brianna Herondale

Reading the text message, Brianna stared at her phone screen for a minute. She can't believe that she's been matched and that she's compatible with two persons. "Noah Reed, Oliver Kane and Hitoshi Uchiyama… I wonder who they are..." Brianna mumbled to herself before getting off the bed. Can she really find her true love online? Or the site is just playing with her? Taking a quick shower and dressing herself, her mind wandered off to what those men looked like, which immediately made her blush. "Stop it Brianna!" she scolded, taking the bacon and eggs off of the stove and eating it. Just what is wrong with her? She is an independent woman who doesn't need a guy on her life. Why does she need one anyway? She's been taking care of herself for almost 2 years without a man by her side; she didn't see any reason why she now needs one.

Brianna does believe in love and always wanted to live her own fairy tale love story with the man she'll spend the rest of her life with, but she's not ready yet. She just gained her freedom and independence not so long ago and she's not willing to give it up because of love. Sighing, she then fed her pet cat Felix and waved him goodbye before heading to school.

The names of the two males are still etched on her mind as she went to the Biddeford University. What if one of those two is here in the hallway searching for her too? What if he was the guy she bumped into on her way to her locker? Or maybe the guy who asked her if she have a pen he can borrow? Lots of what ifs were swarming on her mind as she grabbed her textbooks and headed to the gardens. She was way too early to be in the university which was fairly odd of her. She was usually on time or late, but never early when it comes to school.

As she sat on the fountain with her textbooks in hand, she started reading and memorizing the generally accepted accounting principles. Brianna is currently studying Accountancy and Finance to help her parents with their business. She can be the heir of her family's multi-billion conglomerate so it's best that she's prepared. If not, she can use her knowledge to have her own business.

Sighing to herself and finally memorizing half of GAAP, she stared at the clear blue water of the fountain and thought of the boys once again. Why can't she keep their names away from her mind? She admits that there are times she felt jealous of her friends being happy with the guy they love whole heartedly. She also feels lonely sometimes, but she brushed it off because she's too busy working or studying. Maybe she does need a man in her life; someone who she can share her cocktails with and be her confidante besides her cat. She needed someone who can take care of her, tell her that she's working too hard and just shower her with affection. Just thinking about it made her blush, now completely decided on what she should do next.

"Alright, I'll let fate decide what will happen to me from now on. You hear that fate? I'm letting you decide! Make sure you make me a strong independent woman with a man by my side!" she giggled before packing up and going back inside the university with a bright smile on her face, hoping that she'll meet her perfect match.

Last edited:
Oliver Edit.jpg
Beep. Beep. Beep. A groan escaped his lips as Oliver struggled to find his alarm. Hoping not to get out of bed, he stretched from the edge of his bed toward his desk. As his fingers grazed his phone, the sheets shifted below him, throwing him to the floor. Air escaped his lungs as his body hit the floor. He cursed internally, knowing it was a bad idea to begin with, but mostly sad he had to leave the warm solitude of his bed. With the alarm still going off, he got up and grabbed his phone. "Yeah yeah. Just shut up already." He grumbled at his phone, silencing the alarm. A new message had appeared during the night.
"Congratulations! you have been matched!"
Oliver stared at his phone, confused as he knows he would never sign himself up for such a thing. How did this happen? He thought to himself. Then he remembered getting that weird call from his sister. Punching in her number, he paced the floor. I might actually kill her. On the fourth ring, she answered.
"Oli, sweetie, how are you? I didn't even know you could function this early in the morning." She cooed, teasing him. She always teased him when she knew he would be upset.
"Anne, what did you do?" Oliver asked, emphasizing each word.
"I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about." She replied sounding hurt. He knew her tricks though.
"Is that so? So you're saying one of my other siblings signed me up for a dating service?" He asked calmly, knowing Levi would never do that.
"Levi can be unpredictable." She half sang through the phone. Talking to his sister was impossible at times.
"Well, I guess that means I can delete this message from them containing my matches. Who knows what Levi answered those questions with." He mocked her.
"You got matched?!?" She said, with genuine surprise in her voice. "That's usually what happens when you sign someone up for a dating service." He stated sarcastically, shaking his head at her.
"But the site closed down and didn't work. I even followed all the instructions, but it just went poof!" She was clearly very confused.
"Clearly not before all my information was put in. Please tell me you at least answered everything like I would?" Oliver groaned. If he had to pretend to be anything like his sister, he might actually go insane.
"Of course Oli, I'm hurt you could even think I would do anything different. Have a little faith." Anne said smoothly.
".... You're not going to stop if I don't at least go on one date will you?" Oliver questioned, knowing Anne could be a pest.
"Nope!" She gleamed. He could imagine the grin that must be on her face. "Tell me their names!" She cried, needing to know every little detail.
"Sorry sis, seems like... we're breaking up...." Oliver ended, hanging up the phone, pretending the connection was dying. He wouldn't give her the satisfaction of know he had four matches. Brianna Herondale, Nessa Blathnat, Noah Reed, and Jordan Finnegan. How did she even get me four matches? How did she even get me one?!? Oliver thought to himself, feeling very confused and overwhelmed all of a sudden. He rushed around to get ready for class, knowing that this conversation with his sister probably made it hopeless to be on time. He grabbed his backpack, threw his laptop inside, grabbed his phone, and rushed out the door, taking a moment to lock it behind him. As he arrived at campus, he was still thinking about the matches his sister had gotten for him. He thought about what they could be like, and if they could even be on campus at uni, if they were in one of his classes. It made him nervous to think about one of them being in his class, because he paid so little attention to the names around him, they could even sit right next to him. Oliver shook his head, trying to regain control of the situation. Nope. No time. Philosphy now. Dating later. He convinced himself as he walked into his class, only 2 minutes late.​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
2dkhmkl.jpg
The twins entered the class together, today the class was in the theater for practice on stage. The two took their seats in a row behind the rest. Junko sat up straight beside her sister who was relaxed back with her feet crossed on the empty chair in front of her. They adored this class, it was their passion to act, like it was for their classmates. They were all eccentric in their own way, and they weren't judgmental like people they have met in the past.

The teacher was interesting too, she didn't put them to sleep. The teacher explained what they were all supposed to do, and then put on a little performance of her own on the stage as an example. When she was finished she called upon some students to start. The twins gave the actors their full attention, and when it was their turn they glanced at eachother with similar smiles before making their way onto the stage. They began the play they were practicing earlier, the emotion in both of their eyes and movement made it seem almost real. Everything and everyone was blocked out, all except for eachother, they put themselves into their character's mind. Soon they approached the part they left off.

"What could you have done?" Yuko voice was laced understanding and compassion. When Junko looked into her sister's eyes her own softened, knowing that her words were true, knowing that she couldn't do anything.
"It's really happening. I can't believe it." Junko said with astonishment, placing her hand lightly on her own forehead. Yuko then stepped forward and grasped her sister's hands, and looked at Junko with hints of fear in her eyes.
"A-are you afraid?" Yuko inquired
"Are you?" Yuko shook her head in response, but her fear was obvious as she trembled. "I had a feeling it would happen. A premonition. It's been too quiet. There's been nothing for days now. The factories have been closed. The roads have been almost empty. Even the air feels cleaner." Junko paused as she glanced to the side, giving the invisible window a slight gaze as she continued to speak. "I went outside tonight… there were no lights, no cars, nothing. Not a single sound of the city, just… quiet." Her eyes filled with wonder turned back to Yuko who stared at her in awe, truly listening to her "husband" and holding on to "his" every word. "If you closed your eyes you really would have thought you were somewhere far out in the country. It had that smell, you know, whatever it is, that smell of spring nights… of fields and flowers and dew. I heard a dog bark, and it rang out so clear. It struck me… you never notice things in the city; there's too much going on. It made me laugh."

After a moment's pause they both flinched in surprised and shot their glances towards the window simultaneously.
"Listen, a dog is barking now." Junko said with a small smile tugging at her lips. After another moment Yuko pauses as if to listen to something, then rushes towards the empty space they deemed the window and pointed out. Much to their displeasure the bell rang, causing both of their faces to twist in irritation for an instant, before turning towards their classmates to bow. After receiving an applaud they returned to their seats to grab their bags then left the theater room with the rest of the class. They returned to their spot in to courtyard to sit, once again, back to back to further study their scripts, deciding to skip the next class.

*If anyone wants to interact with the twins feel free too... just remember their douchebags XD and I'm sorry ahead of time for the evil things my characters may/will do in the future of this rp XD*

Oliver Edit.jpg
Tapping his pen against his page, Oliver failed to focus on his class. Every other word would remind him of the dating site and his matches. Oliver sighed slightly, as he pulled out his phone and read his matches again. He knew that focusing on this class was a lost cause. Brianna... He decided he might as well start at the top, so he checked the information he had for her, and decided to text her.
Hey.. My name is Oliver and I was matched with you on GazeUponMe. I wondered if you wanted to meet? It can be at the location and time of your choice... If you would rather not, it's okay. I understand.
Knowing he would never like what he sent, Oliver quickly hit send. His insides churned as he waited for a reply. Even though he knew she might not even answer, he was nervous about what might happen.

• Love
Hitoshi Uchiyama

It was 8:00 a.m in the morning but unlike some of the other students who attended Biddeford University.Hitoshi was already awake,dressed and had just finished eating breakfast by the time it was 8:00 a.m.It seemed like it was going to be another usual summer day as he went to go check the mail.Since his mother had already left for work earlier checking the mail and taking out the trash was his responsibility.Once he went outside he stopped and gazed up at the sky with his violet eyes,'Hm...it's sunny yet party cloudy today.It looks like it's going to be a good day and so far everything is on schedule.'He thinks then continues walking to the mailbox.Upon reaching the mailbox he opens it and takes the mail out of it before shutting it.He stands there and begins to look through the mail seeing a letter from his aunt Tatsuki to his mom.Then he sees other regular mail,some junk mail and a strange pink piece of paper that is folded over.He raised an eyebrow upon seeing the paper because he hadn't expected something like that to be with the mail.Upon further inspection he was sure that the mail man had not delivered it.Since there was no address or label anywhere on it he was sure someone else had stuck it in the mailbox.

Hitoshi was curious to know what it was but he would wait to find out for now.He wanted to go back inside the house first because he always read the mail that addressed to him inside.Do to the paper not having an address he had already figured out that it was a flyer but not what it was for.As he held the mail and the flyer in his right hand he made his way back to the front door then opened it.After stepping back inside he shut the door locking it behind him then he walked into the living room to sit down.Now that he was comfortably seated on the couch he laid the mail down and curiously opened the folded flyer.He blinked in disbelief at the Heading,"Gaze...Upon Me? What kind of weird flyer is this and who put it in the mailbox?"He said in a confused tone while thinking out loud.Then his eyes begin to carefully scan the text as he silently holds the flyer giving it his full attention.

[bg=#F660AB]

Gaze Upon Me - The Chance of Your Life!

Tired of spending your evenings alone? Want some excitement in your life? With these simple steps, your life will take a turn for the interesting in no time! Sign up for Gaze Upon Me today, and discover the love of your life!

Instructions:

Tomorrow at 12:00 pm, search for GazeUponMe.Com in your provided search engine.
[/bg]

Now that Hitoshi had read and reread all of the text from the flyer his mind was processing what he had just read.He had never heard of Gaze Upon Me so he guessed that it was new,"A flyer for a dating site? How strange.It's probably a scam or some site for adults looking for fun instead of love.Maybe I should just ignore it and throw it away.Then again...what if it is a site that actually matches people looking for love?"He calmly thought out loud.At the moment the gears of his mind were turning as he was analyzing the situation,"I've never had a girlfriend before.Maybe I'll give it a try.What harm could come of it after all?"He thought finally reaching his decision.

Hours later after going to his class at Biddeford University then working afterwards he was now tired and back at home.After getting home and eating,he was on the site carefully following the instructions on the flyer step by step.In nearly an hour he was reading his last question,"What kind of person would you best describe yourself as? Select all that apply.Hmm...I would best describe myself as...honest,introvert and intellectual.Okay,now...submit."He says reading while thinking out loud some.As soon as he clicked the submit button the page began to load then all of a sudden he was kicked out of the site.He furrowed his brows in confusion at the ERROR 404 code.Upon that happening he couldn't believe it because everything was all gone,"What? What's going on? I guess that site was just someone's childish prank."He said in a disappointed tone.

He let out a sigh then he closed his web browser and turned his laptop off,"I'm just going to forget all about that idiotic site and go relax instead."He said still feeling disappointed and frustrated.So he walked over to his vinyl records picking out Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata and putting it on the record player.After turning the record player on and placing the needle on the record he went to his bed to lay down.He removed his black frame glasses placing them neatly folded on his nightstand and laid down on his back on his bed.As the song began to play Hitoshi closed his eyes and smiled as it's melody began to soothe him.He would just lie there on his bed allowing himself to forget all about the site.

He knew his mother had came home earlier shortly before he did but she had fixed herself up for an evening out.When he got home she told him she had bought some food for him to eat and that she would be back later.Which was at almost 8:00 p.m because of how much time she spent with her romantic of a boyfriend.He mind her boyfriend at all since he was a nice guy who was very organized and well mannered.As long as he continued to treat his mother right Hitoshi would continue to be fine with him dating her.As he silently laid there in thought Hitoshi slowly drifted off into a peaceful sleep before he knew it.By the time he woke up it was morning and since his mother didn't want to wake him she had left him a note.He looked at the time on his black watch seeing that it was 9:00 a.m then he sat up in disbelief,"I overslept?! That isn't like me at all...my internal clock normally wakes me up at the same time every morning."He said then quickly got up from his bed.

He turned the record player off then rushed into the bathroom took a quick shower,brushed his teeth and got dressed.Once he was dressed he styled his hair covering one eye with his hair like always then his books shoving them into his backpack.He grabbed his phone and the note his mother left from his nightstand quickly reading the note before rushing out of his room.Since he didn't have a alot of time he checked the mail and took the trash out before leaving since he would get something to eat on the way.He quickly arrived at his favorite coffee shop,bought a French Vanilla coffee and éclair to go with it.After paying the man at the cash register he began leaving when he heard his phone's text notification sound off.

He paused and put his coffee down on café table next to him then took his phone out of his pocket.Upon unlocking it's screen he taped into his texts and read a text from GazeUponMe.com to his surprise.The text explained about a technical problem with the site and how it was taken down to be fixed.Then the text ended with an apology and saying that his information had still been received then another text arrived.Hitoshi clicked into the text to see the words You've been matched,"What? I was matched...so soon?"He uttered under his breath while staring at the text in total disbelief.Hitoshi blinked his eyes and shook his head,"I've got to get to class...I'll click the link to find out my matches later."He said locking his phone's screen and sliding it back into his pocket.Then he picked up his coffee and walked out of the café in a rush.

Last edited:
  • Love
Noah Reed

"Hey Noah, maybe you should sign up for this!"
"Huh?"
"Here, just look."

Noah took the pink flyer that was being thrusted at him by the pint-sized blonde next to him and frowned slightly. "A dating site? Really, Casey...?" He watched as his friend nodded, undeterred.
"Uh-huh! You've been single for waaaay too long now - not that there's anything wrong with that for a lot of people, but you...anyway, you should totally try it!" Casey's bright smile was difficult to argue against and Noah's gaze flicked back to the text in front of him. Gaze Upon Me...kinda weird name, he thought to himself before shrugging. It couldn't hurt to sign up at least and if he did get matched with someone nice then, well, he might as well give it a shot.
"I'll sign up when I get home," He promised, feeling just a tiny bit hopeful as he stuffed the flyer into his pocket.
That hope had lasted until the site crashed on him after he had gone through the entire application process. After staring at the screen in disbelief for some seconds, Noah tried again only to find out the website was still down. Click, refresh. Still down. A quick look at the clock on his laptop screen told him it was too late to be searching for love anyway and, feeling a little disappointed, he went to bed.

The next morning he woke to find a message waiting for him that told him not only had his application gone through but he had two matches. Honestly he'd have been surprised enough to get one. "Brianna Herondale and Oliver Kane..." He read the names quietly to himself and then paused, wondering what to do now that he had been matched. Contact them, obviously. Trying to tell himself there was nothing to be nervous about, Noah started typing.

Hi Brianna, I'm Noah and it looks like we got matched together. I've never used a site like this before so I'm a little nervous, but...nice to meet you! I feel like this is where I should include some sorta cheesy pick-up line but I can't remember any except one about a polar bear which you've probably heard before. Anyway, I'm 20 and a nursing student in Biddeford. I'd love to get to know you a little better so reply if you can, and maybe if things go well we can even try meeting up sometime?
Noah

Reading and rereading the message Noah sighed before finally hitting send. It had taken way longer than he'd hoped to write and now there wasn't time for him to message Oliver as well. Sure he could just use the same message and change the names, but...doing so felt like cheating. If he was doing this he might as well do it properly, and he could always try to message him from his phone during break. "Sorry Oliver," He said, shutting the laptop screen. Somehow Noah had the feeling that he'd be very distracted today...

Status
Not open for further replies.