Gaming Disasters: Another Slashing Round of SOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, not even you?" Ambriel teased lightly before turning her attention away from the players and started walking a few paces again to another shaggy drooling mutt that prowled the field. "I bet we could be pretty good if we teamed up against something, no?" There was clearly a suggestion in her tone as she waited for the boy to join her.

He looks at her and walks over to her. His curiousity peaked "I have to say I'm intrigued at what you had in mind and agree with you at the same time. So team up how exactly?"

Ambriel looked at the beast from a safe distance and crossed her arms; knowing from the last wolf they fought that if she were to take a step closer it would attack. She had something in mind but it was more of a test to see if it worked really; since she hadn't read the manual yet. "I was thinking I would take a hit at it, then when it comes after me you take a hit from behind. Play the distraction game. Which we might not need now, but it could come in handy if we go up against bigger things. It works in a lot of games, I'm curious to see if it works here."

She shifted her weight and looked to the boy waiting for a reply rather then simply jumping into her idea. She wasn't the type to do that, preferring to plan and talk out before making an action.

The wolf gave a threatening bark, spittle flying off its yellow jowls as it crouched with long black claws digging into the grass much more then there boots did. It was giving a clear snarling threat at how close they were but of course, did not attack.

He looks at her as he ponders what she says. It was a true fact that the strategy she talked about did work in a lot of games but this one might not be so easy to tackle with simple tactics like that. it was a common fact that the game learned along with the players and if you didn't adjust to that sooner or later you wouldn't get anywhere at all. After pondering this for a moment he nods and draws his sword "sure what the hell lets give it a try then I have another idea we can try out after this one"

Ambriel grinned in response and drew her own weapon, taking a single calculated step forward before jumping back on a quick move. From that step the wolf lunged, but she was one move ahead and held her sword back for a split second to charge before lashing out at the snarling mutt. She jumped away again with her boots sliding hard against the ground for only seconds as it went for another snap, meeting eyes with Lucas to see if he was going to move in while the wolf had it's back turned to him snapping at Ambriel.

As soon as the wolf turned its back on him he ran forward and slammed his shield hard into its side and then spun around on his heel to slice into the wolfs hide. The wolf growling spins around and turns to attack him it managed to tackle him and pin him to the ground but Lucas pulled his shield up which became the only thing the wolf could claw or scratch at "damn beast..stay down!" He shoves his blade up through the wolf and in a shower of blue sparks the wolf disappears and Lucas climbs back to his feet "that was unexpected I didn't think it would react that fast"

"Well I guess we know now that won't work," Ambriel helped him up with a hand, and didn't seem down put the slightest that her idea hadn't worked. That it had backfired on Lucas maybe, but he was all right and made it out all right so she gave a smile. It was just a game after all, and they had all the time online to try different things if they wished. Rather then be disappointed, she was curious to find out what would work for working together. "It seems they can't be snuck up on, so I guess if players were working together they would have to... either take turns or attack at once, but we they attacked at once one of us would be bound to get hurt because we wouldn't know who it would turn on..." She brushed her hair back and straitened up. "Any way, you had something else in mind?"

He nods and looks over at the next wolf they weren't anywhere near close enough to raise its alert to attack mode so they had plenty of time to discuss what he had in mind ".I think this would probably work better with a group of people with the same or at least similar equipment as us but my idea is this..I go forward with my shield up you behind me I bash the wolf with my shield and then you reach around with your sword for a lot of quick bee sting like strikes then I also wanted to try a vault in which you use me and my shield like a spring board to launch yourself over the wolf to attack from behind."

"Bee stings?" Ambriel huffed at the term, thinking it sounded a little loose for her attack but she let it slide. It was probably just from his 'sting like a bee' phrase, which she realised only a moment later.

He proposed an interesting technique in her eyes -although she wasn't sure if the second one would play out well, she liked the first. The girl wasn't going to pass up trying both if he wanted. "Hmm... Alright but you need to move quick when I go for my attack, so you're not in my way and I can give full power." She wasn't suggesting of course that she might slip up and hit him or even loose her step if he was in the way of course -as if- but simply that he would provide an unnessicary obstacle should he be too slow. "Although I don't know how well launching myself of your shield will work against some of the faster monsters, it would be good for the big slow ones though."

He nods and moves in front of her and takes a low stance putting his shield up in front he starts making his way towards the wolf "don't worry besides it's just a game trial and error you know?" The wolf looks at them and snarls before lunging at them. Before it got close enough he bashed it hard in the face with his shield and then moved to the side to give her plenty of room for her attack but a small enough gap so he could get back into position when the wolf recovered

"Yup, trial and error. That's how you get good!" Ambriel smiled and followed quickly, moving behind the boy but staying on her toes so she could move at a moments notice -she quite looked like a little bird ready to take flight at any second. Save for the most deadly weapon she carried, which was now poised to strike as soon as Lucas made the first hit.

The wolves face gave a realistically satisfying crunch when he bashed his shield into it, and Ambriel was there in a split second as soon as he moved back to slice at the thing. She gave six quick swipes dropping the health bar to a sliver of red before it regained its senses and went back for another lunge -by that time she was jumping out of the way to avoid a snap of teeth which gave her partner full room and leeway to finish the beast off.

But he wouldn't get that opportunity, not as another player came up to take a slice and shatter the wolf himself in a great strong swipe. He was accompanied by another large male, and one girl who looked as though she had something sour under her nose. The man who had interrupted gave them something of a smirk, leaning back with his arms crossed once he had tucked his large single sword away. "Hey, sorry about that. We weren't sure if you two would be able to handle yourselves, so we thought we would take a step in. A courtesy from player to player, you know." The tall brunette girl gave a snort and rested her hand on her hip, shifting her weight. The other male snickered. "Anyway," What seemed like the leader of there three man bad continued; "We're looking for some new- players to duel. Thought we would play out on something other then a monster, get practice with something that can really fight back you know? Either of you up to it?"

Lucas growls and stands up straight putting his sword back onto his back he crossed his arms and eyed them up and down. Clearly he was pissed he hated players who thought they were the best in the game well he was going to prove them wrong. "I'll take you on if nothing else but to shut you three up. It's clear the kind of players you are you hide at the back let others take the fall and then finish off the rest and take all of the glory your nothing but a bunch of liars and cheats who can't do anything on their own without someone else doing most of the work and what you just pulled with the wolf would only prove my point"

• Love
Reactions: Blue
Ambriel jumped back when the wolf shattered in front of their faces; her own riddled in confusion for a moment because if her eyes didn't betray her, Lucas hadn't jumped forward for the final blow yet. However once the three clearly already more advanced players showed themselves in something of a bullying manner, her brows furrowed even more. The shattered Remains of the wolf dissipated to revel their menicing forward stances and the amused expressions upon seeing her surprised one. That was a jerk move. She was ready to simply walk away though, above starting a fight or taking issue in a game just because some players decided to be online assholes. It wasn't uncommon to run into players who took more fun in playing the bad guy, and she wasn't one to go put them in their place unless they started real trouble.

Unfortunately, it seemed her companion most definitely was. She stared at him with wide eyes for a moment, trying to figure out whether or not this duel was going to be unnessecary trouble. Well... The players were clear jerks or at least the one who had taken down their target, the one who had posed the challenge. Her mouth gaped open slightly at his sharp bold, to the point words she would never have the courage to speak out off of her own tongue.

His challenger seemed equally surprised for a moment, clearly not expecting such a bold and aggressive response. Which was probably why he thought he and his little gang could get away with squabbling like assholes on the two lone hunters. But a moment later, his face twisted into ugly rage and his fist clenched threateningly. "Who the hell do you think you are? You got some fucking nerve talking to me like that, kid! I bet you're some twelve year old who busted your allowance on this game with your little in game bitch of a girlfriend over there -be prepared to get your attitude knocked down a few levels." With a furious swipe of his left hand the guy brought up his menu and challenged Lucas to a duel.

Ambriel continued to look deadly uncertain about this whole affair, she looked on the edge of simply taking her friends arm and pulling him away. Day one was not a good time to start drama like this. Even in his furious state she hoped he wouldn't be too hard to talk over and out of here. However, at the crude terminology and language used at both her and her companion, the girls face hardened into something cold and dangerous. "Raiha... Kick his ass, but save some for me because I want a go too when your done." She growled, crossing her arms.

• Love
Reactions: Andy
He nods and glares at the man he presses the accept button and draws his weapon and gets down in an ready stance shield held out on front and his sword held just out to the side as the countdown began clicking diwn to zero

Ambriel took a few sturdy quick steps back to give the competitors space as their timer counted down. The tall blonde girl accompanying and participating in this asshole squad they could hopefully chase off without too much drama, eyed her up for a moment before giving her a mean sneer so wide it exposed her row of white teeth. However in return Ambriel simply gave a light snort and looked away, brushing her long hair back behind her ear in the process. Yeah no, I'm not going to stoop to your level. Bitch. The last part was slightly uncharacteristic of her and even caught herself by surprise, bringing a slight blush to her cheeks before she shook her head and set her eyes on the fight that was about to start.

10, 9, 8...

The large brute shifted his weight and drew his own weapon, a long thick sword that looked as much of a starter as theirs but was deadly large. It was surprising he was even holding the thing up with such ease. He gave Lucas a brod grin. Maybe this isn't a good idea... we don't want to be making enemies the first day of the game -even if we might not run into them again after this...

5, 4, 3...

The girl opposite from her smirked at Ambriel again, making her cross her arms and lean back. Its not that she didn't have confidence in her companion, he was strong... well ok, maybe that was it actually. She would certainly be rutting for him of course without a doubt, but it was hard to estimate who would win the fight... She hoped it wouldn't give these jerks more of a reason to smirk.

2, 1, 0...

The timer flashed and disappeared, and immediately Lucasus opponent charged forward slamming his weapon down for a brute cut with incredible strength -if not speed, definitely not speed- that was enough to make Ambriel flinch. Oh gosh... come on you can do this I know you can kick his ass...

As the countdown hit zero he stayed in place until the last second waiting for his brute of an opponent to commit to his strike before rolling to the side. He jumped to his feet and ran forward and slammed the edge of his shield into the big mans face before slicing his sword up and across the mans back. He then jumped back to create some distance before the brute could come around with a counter attack a small grin playing on his face.

The look of surprise registered on his face as soon as Lucas dodged his -not so well aimed, although he seemed to think it was- blow which would have clearly been a one hit yellow zone from its sheer force alone. It was clear his size was a disadvantage when it came to moving quickly, and he gave a grunt at the stunning attack and stumbled back which was enough to take half force from the sword blow before jumping out of the way as well. His health dropped only a small fraction though, and the man grinned flexing his shoulders. "That was pathetic."

"Come on Dante, what the hell are you doing? Flatten that little shit!" The girl called, receiving a dirty look from Ambriel and a gruff growl from her companions opponent. Unfortunately Lucas didn't jump back enough, and the next swing his opponent gave was still in range with potential scary damage dealt if it wasn't dodged.

Lucas's eyes wentry wide and he literally did a matrix move the blade just barely passing over his nose without slicing it off. Before he could recover he jumped to his feet and smashed his shield into his face again this time he swungrumpy hard using on of his sword skills he managed to chop his arm clean off

The man let out another grunt when the shield connected with his face and there was a realistic crack of some sorts, but before he could even react and only a few seconds later they were all looking at the mans arm as it came off and shattered into a million blue fragments just as any lost opponent. All eyes in the short distance area were on it, Ambriels' own wide with shock at the power Lucas must have needed to deal a blow that strong. And nobody moved, nobody said a word or made a sound in the shock. Even most slices they had made so far had been just that; slices glowing red which would disappear a moment later and take valuable health points with them against their snarling opponent. Not this one. This one temporarily handy-capped the player crudely addressed as Dante, and clearly stunned him with enough shock to mentally do the same which was clear in the look he was tossing back between his competitor and his arm.

His sword dropped to the ground with a satisfied clang as well as his health points, the weapon freed from its aggressive grip while his health retreated down into the low yellow zone. a sign above announced 'Raiha' had won the duel. No doubt it wasn't permanent, he would be able to regenerate his arm probably from a simple healing crystal even. But from the way he reacted, you wouldn't know it.

"You...cut my arm off?" He continued to stare at the missing appendage, and being the slightly soft soul she was Ambriel couldn't help but feel bad for the guy. This game was very realistic, even down to the need to breathe and the shock each blow brought. Not pain, but it felt like there should have been so mentally your brain really freaked out. She couldn't imagine the shock this man must have been going through, his expression only told half the story.

"Holy s-shit... come on lets get out of here..." The guy who had been watching picked up his companions blade while the girl put her arm around his shoulder and they started to leave; in doing so she shot a nasty glare back over her shoulder. She carried a murderous expression and a shiver-worthy sharp tone that could easily slice steel in half. "You better watch your fucking back, kid."

He narrows his eyes at them and growls "I'd watch your own backs it doesn't take much to beat loses line you and soon everyone will know how so get out of here before I finish the job I started" with that he put his sword away spun on his heel and walked back to her "haha...sorry if I scared you there..I got a little carried away it seems"

• Love
Reactions: Blue
Status
Not open for further replies.