Gaming Disasters: Another Slashing Round of SOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ambriel gave him the most satisfied look, with crossed arms and a smirk; her weight shifted to one side in a cashual way. "Noted, that was a little harsh no?" But her tone clearly disagreed, the girl was happy they had been knocked down a notch from what ever high pole the three had been standing up on. "Seriously though... that was awesome. I don't even know how you put that much power into -but um I mean..." She rubbed the back of her neck giving him a retreated smile. "Don't make a habit of cutting off players arms..."

Lucas chuckles a bit and shakes his head "your putting to much thought into it, it honestly doesn't take that much power to cut through an arm like I just did it's all about letting the sword do its work like it's real that's all that matters. Yes skill dies take a part on it but actual physical strength doesn't play much into it"

Ambriel caught something between an amused snort and a chuckle. "Alright, still, don't make a habit of it. Hey, how long do you think we've been in game already? Time flies when you're having fun, right?" She pulled up her menu with a quick flick of her hand, and then suddenly her smile dropped. It was replaced with wide eyes that glanced to him first, then back to the screen. "Holy crap -its been three hours already! Shit I have practice in the morning -and I have to get ready for... I hate loosing my sense of time like this." The last part was on a lighter note as her surprise wore down slightly to a small smile. "I should probably go. Catch you another day?"

• Love
Reactions: Andy
Lucas gives her a small smile and nods "I'll try not to but no promises and sure I don't want to hold you back I'm going to stay on for a few more hours I'll see you later though sane time tomorrow good for you?"

"Sounds good," Ambriel was just about to give her new friend a wave goodbye when her hand hesitated to hover above the screen. Where the log out button should have been. Her brows furrowed for a moment before she closed the screen in a sharp movement, re-opened it in the opposite, and took a look long at the place again. The little square which should have allowed her to log out. Empty, just as the first time. Lacking the function it was built for, which brought a long sigh from the girl. There were bound to be bugs on the first day of release of course, but this was a rather surprisingly big one. "Hey, come take a look at this. What do you think, bug?" She didn't sound too concerned.

He tilts his head to the side and walks around her to look at the menu. Not seeing the log out button he opens his own and checks it for his button. Nothing. "Hm..mines gone to...it has to be a bug but..you would think they would send out a mass message before everyone realizes the log out button is gone. That could cause some huge panic and a major problem with future development"

Ambriel crossed her arms in thought; they were on the same track as his. She looked around, even though they were alone in the area, wondering if anyone in the game right now was seriously panicking about the loss of their option to leave. "That's what I was thinking, and especially since this is a pretty big bug too. A huge inconvenience for a lot of people... it can't be more then a few minutes old. Someone is probably on fixing it right now. Wait it out? Unless there is some way to cut the switch without logging out?"

Lucas shakes his head at her last comment "no..there's no way to power off or remove the nerve gear without logging out unless someone in the real world does it for us..but that can be dangerous to say the least..our only option is to wait and listen for an announcement or something to explain what's going on"

"I'm sure there will be something, I mean-" As usual, Ambriel talked with small motions of her hands and was just in the middle of making one when there was a white flash in front of her eyes. What ever she was going to say was lost from the girls tongue as well as her mind from the slight scramble of being teleported. As if she was blinking in white and only for a few seconds before -much to her great confusion- the boy she had been talking too was gone.

In fact the green field full of snarling low level wolves and boars was gone. She was back at the city center where all players had spawned at the beginning of this day only a few hours ago -and as it had been, once again the place was filling up with flashes much like her own in between the npc shops. A forced teleport? A forced mass teleport, perhaps something to do with the log out bug? Large eyes flashed around searching suddenly as she realised her friend was no where to be seen -leaving a tense knot in the girls stomach for reasons she didn't know as she whirled around a few times. "Raiha? What the heck was that... Raiha!""

Lucas stood there in the middle of a large crowd of people a bit blinded by the forced teleport. something like that was never a good sign and an even worse sign was that he had no idea where Ambriel was. Cursing he opened his map and looked around for the key that would show the girls location after locating it he closed his map and instantly began moving towards her position. It was a long and agonizing process pushing through all the people that had gathered around them. what the hell was going on? why was this happening? He shook his head and looked up and smiled in relief when he saw her "Finxie!! over here!"

Ambriel didn't even think to open her map, so it was a blessing sight when she heard Lucas call her name and whirled around to the source of the sound. At lest, she thought it had been him...? The doubt flickered through her mind only breifly until she caught his eyes and moved instantly. As he had also went through, for the small girl in such a crowded space of frantic confused players it was push and shove game-with apologies, of course- until finally her hand reached out to pull him quickly past a few people the rest of the way towards her.

"What's going on?" Of course he wouldn't know any more then her, but she couldn't help to ask and looked around at the player chaos again; and slipped into a quick ramble. "Do you think this has something to do with the log out bug? I mean, it must right because only something big would... I don't understand why we would gather in one place like this, its crammed! Wouldn't it be easier to send out a mass message? Or something of the sort anyway..." She didn't look back to him yet, eyes wondering around for a sign of the reason they had been forcefully teleported here.

He gave a small grunt when she pulled him out of the crowd and into her. He panted slightly from how cramped they were and he thought to himself "bad time for you if your claustrophobic" He looked around slowly as she rambled on with her questions and concerns when she was finished he looked at her and shook his head "no..something has to be seriously wrong for them to mass transport everyone here...and I mean seriously..the only thing I can think of is that they don't know why the log out button isn't there and they want to warn everyone and let them know that they're working to fix it. A mass message might not do the trick because there are always those few people who don't read the messages from the administrators and the game creators"

Ambriel felt her shoulders relax ever so slightly at the simple explanation and a relieved breath escaped her. She forced herself to retrieve the breath left and take another deep one. The girl really wasn't usually this bad with tight spaces, perhaps it was just being brought here against her own choice or one of the other many key factors to bring stuffed in such a close space. "Yeah, that makes sense. That makes a lot of sense." She was caught mumbling to herself as much as him, rubbing her arm in thought. Out of the corner of her eye she caught quite a few lone people making the same swiping hand motion; opening their menus only to find what a few had earlier, it seemed word was quickly spreading in this small space.

Most of the relief she was given however, evaporated and was none-too gracefully replaced with startled surprise as the sky turned red with a slightly shocking three word message. Any artificial light that had been filtering through also shined a startling crimson red and casted an eerie glow on the group. Ambriel had to squint as she raised her head to read the message, tucking a stray hair behind her ear as she did.

WARNING: SYSTEM ANNOUNCEMENT

Her surroundings didn't seem to matter after that, as the game master melted from in between seemingly insurmountable cracks in the game sky; ringing out his message loud and clear enough that there was no mistaking his words. No forgetting his powerful voice. But... They still didn't make any sense? Or maybe they were just hard to believe, impossible to accept. "Fried? The Nervegear transmitter... I never even though of that..." Doing her background research the girl had known this machine they were all playing with was capable of transmitting some dangerously powerful microwaves... but it was supposed to be safe, right? Tested and guarded, it was hard to believe someone could get away with creating a device capable of shorting out the brain in one simple step and selling it for millions around the world. That was most clearly what the game master was saying and it only took a few moments for the words to sink in around the crowd.

All the thoughts of the people around her breaking out in loud panic or her friend -what ever his reaction may have been- was lost to the girl. It was all blank slated to make room for listening and lingering on every word the game master spoke, as if it would help her to regard what he was saying as rubbish. It had to be lies and intimidating threats, because she had soccer practice in the morning. She had a life to log off and get back to, school and work and homework; clear all one hundred floors? Impossible! How long will that possibly take? It sent a pit down to her stomach, the mere thought. No, this had to be a bad dream or something.

Only did she snap out of her completely focused denial daze to pull the gift out of her inventory. A mirror? Simple, square, and showing a startled reflection back at herself for a few moments. And then she watched with near ten thousand flashes around her as people started to change back to what they really were, identity lies unfolding into mass confusion when the pure blue lights faded. Her own hair fell in long thick locks down her back, and age settled back down unto the teen she was. Many others weren't so fortunate, drastically changing in gender and appearance. She didn't care about those, almost ignoring in contrast the second half of the ringing speech and the game masters explanation for all this. Instead the girl looked to Lucas, knowing what she would find in her friend upon appearance already.

Lucas listened to the game master in shock. Each word he spoke slowly allowing dread and realization to seep into his body. It took every ounce of his being to not lose his mind right there and then. He knew the game master could be speaking the truth it was very possible for the nerve gear to kill the user but..why would anyone do this? It made no sense..he looked at his inventory and paused when he looked at the mirror and only slightly paled when his avatar dissapears to show his true form. He looked at Ambriel his eyes wide as he saw her true form as well. His eyes then narrowed in determination and he grabbed her arm and tugged her out of the crowd to the farthest corner he possibly could "we need to go..now"

Status
Not open for further replies.