Gaming Disasters: Another Slashing Round of SOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon recieving her copy Ambriel turned it over twice in her hands quickly as she examined the cover before smiling at him again. "Thank you... honestly that was really kind of you. My uh... character name..." She tugged at her sleeve -obviously a nervous habit- and gave a shy smile. "Well I mean its almost part of my last name but people I know in real life like to giggle at it..." She mumbled something quietly that wasn't quite caught but then cleared her throat and tried again. "Its Finxie... My last name is Herfinx."

He smiles at her and nods a bit "it's cute I like it reminds me of Pixie which fir some reason I think of when I look at you..that's a compliment not an insult..so what do you say we meet at the center if the map when the game starts and we log in?."

Ambriel gave a slight blush at his pixie comment and tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear... she had had people mock the name before saying it was cute or innocent and laugh at it but the way Lucas spoke seemed more like a light-hearted compliment really. That's why it drew such a pink blush into the girls cheeks as if someone had leached the color from rose petals and painted it strait on. "Uh yeah sounds good... the game launches at five right? I can imagine it will be pretty packed in the middle of the map but it shouldn't be to hard for you to find me -I don't know about you but I usually stick to an appearance similar to my own. And I'll keep an eye out for your player name..."

Ambriel gave a soft smile thanking him again for not only going in for her but also for keeping her company in the line. "I have to go get my homework done if I want to get online at that time, but I'll see you then... ok? Don't be late!" With a small light wave she headed off out of the crowd -who was just starting to groan upon realising the store was sold out- and her eyes trailed on Lucas for a bit before he dissapeared into it. She had a good feeling about the rest of today... knots in her stomach welding up from excitement for the game of the century and a promise to have someone to explore it with for a little while. Yeah, this was going to be am exciting day.

He had blushed slightly upon seeing how rose her cheeks had gotten. Swallowing hard he could only nod at her comments and smile as she left and before he knew it. She was gone swallowed up by the large crowd smiling he then quickly went home and started uploading the game to his nerve gear. It was strange. It made him touch himself everywhere it had never done this for any other game. Maybe it had to do with some kind of special feature? After that was done he looked at the clock and smiled 4:30 only 30 more minutes

• Love
Reactions: Blue
Even after being out for so many hours, as soon as the excited girl got home she received but a wave from her mothers sister before she was ignored again as if she had never returned home in the first place. They were the only two in the house from 7:30am to 4:45pm... but it was to be expected that she wouldn't get a warm welcome. The woman had lived with them for a few months now and Ambriel had a hunch she wasn't paying rent with all the alcohol she brought home on a daily basis and a part-time job. There wasn't exactly family love or even like on either side of the table when it came to Ambriel. Oh well. She couldn't care less at the moment, practically buzzing with eagerness for the clock to hit 5:00PM even more so then she had been when the game was not in her possession. The case was beautifully simple and itching to be cracked open... unfortunately she had a few things to do first.

By the time she was done it was at a threatening time of 4:43PM and Ambriel rushed to skid on the hard wood floor of her room -and slammed into the corner of the wall as usual. This was an occurrence that took place almost every time she was in a running rushed flurry of a hurry to get to her room, the floorboards here being smoother and more warn from walking and as a result her socks would side on them. -Thump- "Oh gosh ow ow ow... hello wall, hello fresh new shoulder bruise..." Even though the hit was loud enough for downstairs to hear no one called up to check if she was alright. They were used to it.

Ambriel didn't have enough time to wonder why the game needed a full body pat-down from her, by the time she was done the girl had five minuets to create her character and sign in. Of course it wasn't too hard as she was so used to creating the same one character that the options and sliders were basically second nature. It was almost like looking in a mirror really, she believed keeping a real appearance added to the experience -her only change was instead of long hair the character had hers cropped to her shoulders. There. Much more convenient. She really did need to get her hair cut, for soccer too...

T-minus two minutes until the launch. -tap tap tap- Her long nails threaded and ticked at the desk staring at the clock in wait. Not enough time to do anything, just enough to watch the seconds tick by. She couldn't help but wonder what Lucas was up to... hopefully finding him among the crowd wouldn't be too hard in the chase that was day one.

Lucas was getting Antsy as well he had already made his avatar because he was transtransferring an old one from a different game and reseting the stats. His avatar was the same height and build but had long blue black hair instead of his short brown hair. As soon as he saw the clock hit five he grabbed the helmet and shoved it on his head and shouted "Link start!!" Within just a few minutes he was now in the world of Aincrad "..I'm finally here...this is amazing.." slowly he moved around to get a feel of his avatar before grinning ear to ear he started running through the streets towards the center if town. He really hoped she'd be there..if not we'll then he'd move on and find something else to do oh well. Stopping at the fountain in the center of town he sits on the edge with a sigh and a smile as he scams the crowd for her username

Ambriel pulled on her gear with a minuet to spare, laying on her plain tall white bed with her hands crossed over her chest comfortably as she closed her eyes lightly and took a deep breath. The air tasted like burnt toast, someone must have been trying to cook in the house. She didn't care, the girl would be gone from this world for a bit in seconds. Back into the gaming world, but a new world this time. Hopefully she wouldn't be bugged for some time, no doubt she would be up late tonight and carry a tired walk the next morning but it was definitely going to be worth it. She gave a light exhale, pushing math homework and practice from her mind; in fact everything except what lied ahead.

"Link start!"

Where she spawned there were plenty of players, all new coming in for the first time with her and it was very crowded. It was also incredibly beautiful. The graphics were amazing as all now adays were but reaching a hand out in front of her Ambriel felt like she had literally stepped into another universe. The back of her hand was smooth and free of the two small scars she normally had on them, a reminder that this was just a game but at the moment she was going to live it to its full extent and push that aside.

"This in incredible..." Finally she scanned around and started walking at a slow pace away from the hoards of players coming in. She looked like every other one at the moment, glancing around at the crystal blue skies and other gamers walking around admiring their simulated surroundings. Opening her menu the girl scanned her map for a moment, the motion already second nature from past experience with nerve gear although it took her a moment to figure out the direction she should be heading. Her starter gear was uncomfortably comfortable as it was perfectly fit for her and not happily baggy as she was used to, but it would be changed later anyway so she didn't care. The center of town did not disappoint, as jam-packed as expected.

But there in the middle with flowing clear water as a backdrop was a familiar user name, if not face. A smile spread across the girls face as she picked up her pace and gave a wave so he would see.

Seeing the familiar username he smiles nice and wide before jumping to his feet. Unfortunately for him as he climbed to his feet he took a misstep and fell backwards and with a giant wave of water fell into the fountain. His legs were sticking up in the air but his upper half was completely submerged in the water only a few bubbles coming up to simulate the air that he wasn't really breathing. With a strong push he jumped out of the water and sighed he didn't even cough because he knew he didn't breathe in this world. Sighing he stood up and started wiping the water from his face before he gave a kind smile to her and waved back. He then closed the remaining distance between them. "hey there Finxie...long time no see..yeah I know I'm a little wet but I'll be ok its not like I can catch a cold in here haha. anyways I'll dry off soon enough. again putting my wet state aside where did you want to go first? find a sword shop and get a little bit better gear then head out for some easy monster kills?"

Ambriel have a wave back when he finally saw her and then both hands went to clamp over her mouth when the boy fell backwards dramatically, giving a good splash of simulated water she had been admiring a moment before. The water flowed over and pooled against cobblestone grounds below, she had to keep her hands over her mouth to stiffle the aggressive giggles coming out. Quite a few players turned to look at the scene but she was the only one who held a gaze for more then a second. Everyone was highly caught up in their own worlds.

When he sprang back with gusto, she was still chuckling lightly but stopped so he wouldn't feel embarrassed and helped close the distance by stepping forward. "Well, that's a dramatic entrance if I've ever seen one... I hope you don't plan on making such a scene every time we meet." She teased lightly looking up to I've him a smile. It was true they couldn't catch a cold, ahh the bliss of gaming worlds. The girl also seemed a bit more relaxed here, her nervous pause lessened but not gone completely.

"Well yeah, putting your wet state aside I say that would be a good place to start." She laughed lightly. "I'm sure there's a starter shop we can go to for now, and then probably a pretty low-level hunting ground while we figure out how to fight." She started walking but paused briefly, waiting for the wet boy to catch up with a smile.

• Love
Reactions: Andy
He nods and looks at her before flicking some of the left over water from his fingers into her face. Chuckling he slowly looks around and points out a sword shop over to their left "That looks like a good a place to start as any so lets go check it out. We don't have much gold so I imagine we'll only be able to purchase a sword so the armor we've got for now will have to do for a while." He winks at her and starts walking towards the shop. He clearly wasn't as nervous has he had been in the real world he was confident and knew almost exactly what he was going to do next..ok that spill in the fountain wasn't one of those moments but everyone messes up every now and then.

Ambriel flinched back in surprise when the water speckled her face before laughing lightly and rolling her eyes at him. He most certainly did seem more confident here, the boy even carried himself differently as he walked along side.

The shop had only cheap basics and starters as to be was expected in the town of beginnings; but still a variety for them to choose from, as their first weapons would most likely be the one they kept to work on skill with in the department be it a lone long sword or a short sword and a shield. Ambriel went for the first rather then the latter, ignoring the shields for now in favour of learning to use what this game was all about. "we can probably head right outside of town for some low level monster kills,". She hummed paying for her short but thin and light weight weapon. She looked at him with a slight smirk. "If you think you can handle that yet, I don't want you dying hand having to reload on me now."

He would roll his eyes at her comments and shake his head. Looking among the weapons he would find a simple long sword and a simple round wooden shield that he liked he paid for those as well and went to his menu equipping the shield and the sword to his back. Looking at her he smiles and starts walking out of town towards the fields "Just don't make me have to jump in and save you its still to early in the game for you to be playing the damsel in distress and me your knight in shining armor"

Ambriel followed along quickly after paying and placing her weapon away as he had done, she ended up bumping some one on the shoulder in the process. Of course the girl immediately went about rambling off a few dozen apologies before she let them be on their way again and turned to catch up with Lucas -Raiha?- before he had completely slipped from her sights.

From what she could see just on the edge of town, outside scattered in the feilds was a few low level wild animals and nothing that looked potentially dangerous -large tusked boars that looked as though they had a temper and a bit farther out seemed to be lone wolves scanning the area. It left her wondering how artificially intelligent the monsters in this game were. But then she ran back to his comment with a smile, pushing that from her mind because they would find out soon enough. "Damsel in distress -isn't that your job? I think you'd suit the role a bit better, seeing as you've already managed to cause yourself a bit of watery distress." She teased lightly before pulling out her weapon again as they approached one of the snorting creatures.

He rolls his eyes and draws his sword in his right hand and grips his shield tightly in his left. Looking at her he grins and winks "just try to keep up with me" he runs forwards and bashes one of the boars with his shield and then slices down as hard as he can the sword giving off a faint glow as he swung the boar nearly being cut right in half

Ambriel rolled her eyes in turn, shifting her weight to the side as the boars health points dropped once from the bash and then again from the slice, the easy target glowing for a split second before shattering into a million small glass-like fragments from one blow. "Not bad... But you know, you were kind of slow. I'm surprised it didn't hit you." There was a grin in the words, she was clearly playing around and rolled her shoulders before giving her sword a few practice swings. The blade was very light and easily thin enough to slice through the air -obviously it wouldn't deal as much damage as his sword and shield combination. But she could handle it easily, and that was what mattered.

Eyeing up her next target a new one spawned almost immediately and pranced a few paces before coming to a stop to chew on some simulated grass. It was almost amusing how realistic the thing was. Taking advantage of the fact the boars didn't seem to attack until provoked, the girl took a moment to scan for possible attacks before lunging forward with amazing speed and giving it a good slice in the rear. Before the thing could whirl around to hit her with its tusks she was already moving to the side to drive her weapon down again and then once more until the thing finally managed to but her back hard enough for Ambriel to stumble slightly in her steps. With one more stab she finally dropped its health completely and the boar shattered.

Hers had taken more hits to take out and she had even lost a few health points, but in her quick motion it had almost taken the same amount of time his deal with the sword and shield had. Still, he hadn't taken any damage and it was vaguely clear who had just come out better in their little unspoken competition. She gave him a small smile before a light laugh followed. "I guess I need to work on my dodging, hey?"

He chuckles and walks over to grip her clasp his hand around her forearm and pull her to her feet "yes that would probably be a good idea especially since your sword is speed based it's meant for a lot of quick stabbing not really much for hacking and slashing like mine is so you need to think like a boxer in a sense you know? Float like a butterfly stink like a Bee"

Ambriel frowned at him mildly, clearly disliking being told how to fight even if it was useful advice. She already knew it was speed base which was why she had picked the weapon out, having a feeling brute force wouldn't really be her style. The girl just needed some time to get used to it, so she told herself as she have a few more practice swings slicing through the air close to him but clearly carefully handled so a slip up was not possible. Already she didn't seem like the type to slip up or miss, any way. "Mm-hmm. I'll get the hang of it and hey, you just watch and wait! I'll be so quick soon you won't even he able to see me coming to kick your butt."

She gave a grin before poking him in the arm lightly. "Come on, those were to easy. I need something that will actually fight back." Moving out a bit more into the field she nodded him over to where the lone wolves paced around; spaced too far apart to team up and become a real threat. The beasts levels were still low enough that no real danger was possessed but even walking they were clearly faster. And she was determined to show him up already, flashing a smile that clearly said Ambriel was having fun.

Lucas flashed that smile right back at her. A lot of the online girls he knew in real life weren't like she was and even less so in the game they tried to act defenseless and weak to play the cute and innocent girl who everyone wants to protect. She wasn't like that she wanted to do well she wanted to get better and she wanted to fight. Which is problem what drew him to her right now. Yeah she was cute beautiful even but she had an attitude that he rarely saw and it excited him. Too busy watching her he hadn't been paying attention and nearly had his face bit off by a wolf. Cursing he slammed his shield into the wolf's body and quickly stabs it through its eye. The wolf then shattered in the array of blue crystals like all the other ones had. "That was close.."

"Gott your mind on something?" Ambriel mimicked his last movement to slice down on her targeted mutt a few times and jump back from it's quick footed attacks before it shattered. She stopped to watch the small fragments dance for a moment before desolving. She was bent on improvement. "Time to get your head in the game! Figuratively anyway... Because technically it already is..."

She stretched her arms out in front of her for a moment before giving the sword a swing and sliding it against her back again; giving his shoulder a bump to let him know she was just kidding. Out of the corner of her eye she caught something, two players not far from them locked in very quick dual before the winner was announced. She was surprised to see the quick movements, how used to the game on of them seemed while the other was still clumsy and fresh like the two fighting off wolves. "Is that a beta tester do you think?"

He looks at her and then over at the dueling players the way they danced and jumped around so quickly and efficiently it was clear they were "they have to be no begging could be that good."

Status
Not open for further replies.