Game of Thrones (Spoilers if you have not seen all seasons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are giving Sansa a lot of shit (and man I hated her too at first ><) but she's had to go through a lot of bullshit and is kinda growing as character. O___O Her life was spoiled and she was brat. But then she got to see what a real brat was like, and what power and abuse does, death of her whole family, the liars and psychos of the world... I think all that is going to make her a badass.

Look at what all that pain did for Daenerys. 8D

DRAGON WOOOMEEEEEEN.
Yeah, but Daenerys rose up quick. She didn't sulk and whine about how hard her life was. If she had been in Sansa's place, she would have had Ramsay whipped and jumping when she told him to instead of acting like a pathetic little bitch and cowering whenever the guy looked at her. What I don't understand is how the hell she didn't expect to get raped! That was normal. A couple gets married, their not considered married till after they're bumping uglies. Whether she wanted it to or not, it was going to happen and she should have understood that from her previous arrangement with Joffery.

Yeah, she might grow up a bit this season, but the fact remains she let Ramsay do what he did to her. She should have owned that shit like a bitch, but instead she gave him all the power he wanted by crying and sniffling like the little girl she is. She's a redhead FFS! And you all know what they say about redheads.

more production spoilers.

there's actually a new character coming.

but its not Lady Stoneheart.

there was a distant cousin of the stark family:

a7f13f509b57aeadfea365d59747e51f.jpg

Yeah, but Daenerys rose up quick. She didn't sulk and whine about how hard her life was. If she had been in Sansa's place, she would have had Ramsay whipped and jumping when she told him to instead of acting like a pathetic little bitch and cowering whenever the guy looked at her. What I don't understand is how the hell she didn't expect to get raped! That was normal. A couple gets married, their not considered married till after they're bumping uglies. Whether she wanted it to or not, it was going to happen and she should have understood that from her previous arrangement with Joffery.

Yeah, she might grow up a bit this season, but the fact remains she let Ramsay do what he did to her. She should have owned that shit like a bitch, but instead she gave him all the power he wanted by crying and sniffling like the little girl she is. She's a redhead FFS! And you all know what they say about redheads.
Daaaammmnn

Sansa is just a teenager though and teenagers aren't exactly known for making wise decisions. O__O

She's also scared. D: And I get that. Unlike Arya who believes in herself and her own personal power and is totally fearless, Sansa isn't. Sansa was a derpy girly girl, never a fighter and she got in the middle of friiiiiightening shit. It's easy to say bitch-be-brave, but when you're a derpy girl and all these people are bigger, stronger, more intimidating and psycho than you are, all you can think about is trying to stay as small and harmless looking as possible. >>

Seriously, the show would be over if the following chars were still alive and, you know, not douching out:

Eddard Stark

Stannis the Mannis Baretheon

Tywin 'Tywinning' Lannister

plus Tyrion

These four got their shit together and combined their superpowers into a Voltron mecha, they wouldn't need dragonglass or dragons. They'd just roflstomp the white walkers.

Fortunately, they would never work together and many are dead, thus opening up the possibility of the aforementioned idea that arya could be a ninja dragon rider. because holy shit, that's a great idea.
Well if Stannis is still alive (which they never showed dead) he might still be able to whip an army into shape.

Sansa is just a teenager though and teenagers aren't exactly known for making wise decisions. O__O

She's also scared. D: And I get that. Unlike Arya who believes in herself and her own personal power and is totally fearless, Sansa isn't. Sansa was a derpy girly girl, never a fighter and she got in the middle of friiiiiightening shit. It's easy to say bitch-be-brave, but when you're a derpy girl and all these people are bigger, stronger, more intimidating and psycho than you are, all you can think about is trying to stay as small and harmless looking as possible. >>
I can see your point but it is messed up she told her family to get bent and die and when it happens she gets all emotional. it's like bitch you didn't want anything to do with them now your crying, she got her father killed it is her fault. Well that and Joffery was a little bitch. I laughed when he died made me happy

So my Husband and I are talking about The new season and some of the old. We're wondering if the red Priestess is bringing Jon Snow back, because he is the only one with kings blood. What do you think?

People who we think are still alive or will be

The hound- Don't actually show him die
Jon Snow- above why
Arya sword instructor- Don't see him dead

Which ties into what was Jaqen H'ghar doing caught in a cage. He is a bad ass mother fucker who was in the strong hold ganking people left and right and can change faces. He can take sight and do all this stuff so why was he in that cage? we think he was Arya's sword mentor

Two things will happen at Kingslanding crazy Religious nuts will take over or Zersie will win with the mountain and she will loose a lot of people.

Also Jamie is pissed about what happened to his daughter What will happen their?

Sansa is a sadly protected by Theon and little finger so her ass can't get ganked. Stupid Bitch I hate her.

Daenerys is captured but has the two men coming for her but that one guy has greyscale so let's see if he can stop it. Also want Daenerys to be slapped for locking up her dragons like a dumbass.

Bran I hope is going to be a dragon rider, that be really cool.

also if Jon Snow lives he is gonna be pissed and rage the hell out.

Let me know what you think will happen or ask for more info on certain things I have said.
My thoughts;

-Jon is almost certainly going to get resurrected, but we probably won't like what comes back. Berric Dondarian, that dude we haven't seen in ages who keeps getting saved from death by Thoros of Myr, mentioned that every time he's brought back, he's less of who he was before. Knowing GRRM and how Game of Thrones usually rolls, getting Jon back from the dead isn't going to be the usual heroic resurrection we're used to seeing in other stories.

-The Hound is alive, I believe. A scene in the books heavily implies this, but I don't want to elaborate and risk potential spoilers for the show only crowd. Plus, in my heart Cleganebowl still has to be a thing.

-I think Syrio Forrel (I'm probably butchering that spelling, but fuck it) is dead. Lots of people die off screen in the show and he wasn't that important of a character. I'm pretty sure if he did survive his duel, word would have gotten out and not just brushed off. Plus, I think the whole "water dancing" style he taught Arya is kind of a deconstruction of the trope of a mythical martial art or fighting style besting everything else. Every time we see Arya try to fight anyone that isn't just straight up murder, she gets shut down hard, and the water dancing wasn't effective against a heavily armoured knight with extensive training and combat experience, especially with a wooden sword.

For the same reason I don't believe he's Jaquen. Syrio had a reputation as being the First Sword of Braavos, and there wouldn't be much reason for the Faceless Men to occupy a position in Kings Landing for such a prolonged period of time only to become fixated on Arya after Ned hires him to teach her, and then fucking off back to Braavos shortly after. Why was he in Kings Landing? If it was to assassinate somebody in court, he must not have completed his mission. The Faceless Men don't strike me as the kind of people who hold down an identity for longer than it takes to do their assignment.

-Hard to say what's going to happen in King's Landing, but I'm pretty sure this is going to tear a bigger rift between the Great Houses and the common folk. I think the Sparrows as we know them are pretty much done for the moment either the Lannisters or Tyrells march on them. The only reason they haven't is because their high born namesakes are being held hostage. They have to move soon because they're losing face to a bunch of commoners and religious zealots in a city they supposedly control with an iron fist.

-The Lannisters will seek retribution against Dorne, and how they will go about it remains to be seen, but they're in a position where they can't march their army down there because of everything else that's going on (including the Lannisters being hugely broke and more or less holding the bag for the massive debt the crown owes to the Iron Bank). Not sure how this is going to play out, but Dorne doesn't want to evoke the wrath of the combined might of the Seven Kingdoms... or at least the ones that aren't in open rebellion against the throne.

-Nobody's safe in Game of Thrones. Sansa might meet a horrible fate, but you should probably cut her some slack. She'd just hit puberty at the beginning of the series, and was forced from her comfortable and safe life into a hard reality where her family was murdered and she's had to adapt to try and survive without knowing who to trust. I doubt she's going to trust Littlefinger again after being bartered off to the Boltons and raped and terrorized at the hands of Ramsay. Seriously, she's still a teenager who doesn't know if anyone in her family's alive and hasn't been in a position to find out. Most people in her position would make a lot of the same choices, or worse. This is coming from a guy who absolutely hated her for the first couple of seasons because of how annoying she was and I still don't like reading Sansa point of view chapters in the books. It's kind of like the hate Theon gets thrown his way for betraying the Starks; once again, sixteen year old kid who's been told his entire life that he's little more than a glorified prisoner to the Starks who will kill him if his father strikes out again, and thinking he can bring their houses closer together to fight the Lannisters, ends up discovering his father can't be reasoned with and he has to prove himself if he wants to be accepted. So you end up with a young man who is making world changing decisions without any experience because he wants to be accepted and loved by somebody, and he comes to realize too late that he made a terrible mistake, and he ends up paying for it in the worst way possible.

In short, people need to cut Sansa and Theon some slack.

Dany's probably not going to be rescued by anyone, but she may find being khaleesi still counts for something even among other Dothraki. She wasn't dumb for containing her dragons because they were straight up starting to murder innocent people while the biggest one ran away and is unaccounted for and she's trying to figure out how to govern and rule, but is finding out that it's a fucking impossible job to balance being kind and benevolent while maintaining a powerful military presence. If she ever gets back and starts to reassert her power, I imagine she's going to largely be done trying to play nice with the local customs and fully embrace what it means to be Targaryen and let her dragons have free reign, since they're a part of her and super symbolic on so many levels.

I don't think Bran's going to be seen by anyone ever again. Part of his story arc seems to be erasing his identity to embrace his potential with his abilities. Plus, the White Walkers are becoming more and more powerful and we saw what it cost him just to reach the Three Eyed Raven. There's no going back, not while winter is coming.

-As mentioned in the other thread, if Jon is resurrected I think he's not going to be quite the same person.

So, in her position, you'd resist Ramsay after seeing what he's been doing to Theon, a boy you literally grew up alongside who is now a terrified broken husk of a man who is literally missing parts of himself, and knowing full well that Ramsay flays people alive and sends his dogs to maul people?

Dude is terrifying. He'd break anybody, and you'd find there's fates so much worse than death if he set his mind to it.

My thoughts;

-Jon is almost certainly going to get resurrected, but we probably won't like what comes back. Berric Dondarian, that dude we haven't seen in ages who keeps getting saved from death by Thoros of Myr, mentioned that every time he's brought back, he's less of who he was before. Knowing GRRM and how Game of Thrones usually rolls, getting Jon back from the dead isn't going to be the usual heroic resurrection we're used to seeing in other stories.

-The Hound is alive, I believe. A scene in the books heavily implies this, but I don't want to elaborate and risk potential spoilers for the show only crowd. Plus, in my heart Cleganebowl still has to be a thing.

-I think Syrio Forrel (I'm probably butchering that spelling, but fuck it) is dead. Lots of people die off screen in the show and he wasn't that important of a character. I'm pretty sure if he did survive his duel, word would have gotten out and not just brushed off. Plus, I think the whole "water dancing" style he taught Arya is kind of a deconstruction of the trope of a mythical martial art or fighting style besting everything else. Every time we see Arya try to fight anyone that isn't just straight up murder, she gets shut down hard, and the water dancing wasn't effective against a heavily armoured knight with extensive training and combat experience, especially with a wooden sword.

For the same reason I don't believe he's Jaquen. Syrio had a reputation as being the First Sword of Braavos, and there wouldn't be much reason for the Faceless Men to occupy a position in Kings Landing for such a prolonged period of time only to become fixated on Arya after Ned hires him to teach her, and then fucking off back to Braavos shortly after. Why was he in Kings Landing? If it was to assassinate somebody in court, he must not have completed his mission. The Faceless Men don't strike me as the kind of people who hold down an identity for longer than it takes to do their assignment.

-Hard to say what's going to happen in King's Landing, but I'm pretty sure this is going to tear a bigger rift between the Great Houses and the common folk. I think the Sparrows as we know them are pretty much done for the moment either the Lannisters or Tyrells march on them. The only reason they haven't is because their high born namesakes are being held hostage. They have to move soon because they're losing face to a bunch of commoners and religious zealots in a city they supposedly control with an iron fist.

-The Lannisters will seek retribution against Dorne, and how they will go about it remains to be seen, but they're in a position where they can't march their army down there because of everything else that's going on (including the Lannisters being hugely broke and more or less holding the bag for the massive debt the crown owes to the Iron Bank). Not sure how this is going to play out, but Dorne doesn't want to evoke the wrath of the combined might of the Seven Kingdoms... or at least the ones that aren't in open rebellion against the throne.

-Nobody's safe in Game of Thrones. Sansa might meet a horrible fate, but you should probably cut her some slack. She'd just hit puberty at the beginning of the series, and was forced from her comfortable and safe life into a hard reality where her family was murdered and she's had to adapt to try and survive without knowing who to trust. I doubt she's going to trust Littlefinger again after being bartered off to the Boltons and raped and terrorized at the hands of Ramsay. Seriously, she's still a teenager who doesn't know if anyone in her family's alive and hasn't been in a position to find out. Most people in her position would make a lot of the same choices, or worse. This is coming from a guy who absolutely hated her for the first couple of seasons because of how annoying she was and I still don't like reading Sansa point of view chapters in the books. It's kind of like the hate Theon gets thrown his way for betraying the Starks; once again, sixteen year old kid who's been told his entire life that he's little more than a glorified prisoner to the Starks who will kill him if his father strikes out again, and thinking he can bring their houses closer together to fight the Lannisters, ends up discovering his father can't be reasoned with and he has to prove himself if he wants to be accepted. So you end up with a young man who is making world changing decisions without any experience because he wants to be accepted and loved by somebody, and he comes to realize too late that he made a terrible mistake, and he ends up paying for it in the worst way possible.

Dany's probably not going to be rescued by anyone, but she may find being khaleesi still counts for something even among other Dothraki. She wasn't dumb for containing her dragons because they were straight up starting to murder innocent people while the biggest one ran away and is unaccounted for and she's trying to figure out how to govern and rule, but is finding out that it's a fucking impossible job to balance being kind and benevolent while maintaining a powerful military presence. If she ever gets back and starts to reassert her power, I imagine she's going to largely be done trying to play nice with the local customs and fully embrace what it means to be Targaryen and let her dragons have free reign, since they're a part of her and super symbolic on so many levels.

I don't think Bran's going to be seen by anyone ever again. Part of his story arc seems to be erasing his identity to embrace his potential with his abilities. Plus, the White Walkers are becoming more and more powerful and we saw what it cost him just to reach the Three Eyed Raven. There's no going back, not while winter is coming.

-As mentioned in the other thread, if Jon is resurrected I think he's not going to be quite the same person.

Yes but Jaqen has many faces he could very possiblybe him Yes it implies he is dead but we didn't actually see him die like the hound. I mean look at the facts Jaqen is to smart to be in a jail cage. He had no crime like the other so what was he doing their. Because at the stronghold he killed guards and pinned them up while still walking around free. Killed that one guy in the door way. He can change faces like that so where is the proof he can't be the sword trainer. He keeps faces and what was he doing over their in the first pace when his castle was on the other side of the map

My thoughts;

as for the Sansa love my point, She told her whole family to go fuck themselves basically and go die. Look they do and boo hoo she crys. she asked for it then she whines and complains about being in the castle 6 people offer her a way out. she declines then cries about it. She deserves everything she had coming to her and more. She is a not poor little girl at all.

For Daenerys actually only one dragon was and it wasn't the ones she locked up The black one, if you remember the people complained about a black dragon not the other two so she was dumb, because they listened to her more then the black one.

Will see with Bran he is not around much.

Yes but Jaqen has many faces he could very possiblybe him Yes it implies he is dead but we didn't actually see him die like the hound. I mean look at the facts Jaqen is to smart to be in a jail cage. He had no crime like the other so what was he doing their. Because at the stronghold he killed guards and pinned them up while still walking around free. Killed that one guy in the door way. He can change faces like that so where is the proof he can't be the sword trainer. He keeps faces and what was he doing over their in the first pace when his castle was on the other side of the map
You didn't actually see the Hound die, either. Arya walked away from him while he was still shouting after her. By that logic, Stannis is still alive, even though we didn't actually see Brienne cut him down.

There's something supernatural about Jaqen's abilities, yes, but it doesn't mean he's infallible. He works best from the shadows, and if he was caught in the act of doing something or was caught up in a sweep, there's not much he's going to be able to do against multiple soldiers without being cut down. The Faceless Men also have this thing about taking lives that aren't theirs to take; Arya had to threaten him with his own life before he agreed to help her escape by taking more than 3 men's lives. He also ends up punishing her for taking Trant's life without being authorized because of the whole thing where it wasn't her life to take.

As I said, Syrio's whereabouts had been pretty well documented and he'd been at Kings Landing for quite some time with a reputation. It would not make sense for a Faceless Man to adopt a roll for that long without assassinating their target. As soon as he was free and out of Harrenhall, he returned to Braavos to resume his position. So if he was Syrio, who did he kill after being under cover for so long? It doesn't add up. Two separate men with only a passing familiarity with Arya, it's not uncommon. We simply don't know why Jaqen was in Westeros to begin with, but I don't think it would make any sense for him to risk his own life at the off chance a girl he sees as a potential recruit would save his life (he risked execution or torture by getting captured, and it was by chance Arya saved him, Roake, and Biter from the fire. You can't plan for that).

as for the Sansa love my point, She told her whole family to go fuck themselves basically and go die. Look they do and boo hoo she crys. she asked for it then she whines and complains about being in the castle 6 people offer her a way out. she declines then cries about it. She deserves everything she had coming to her and more. She is a not poor little girl at all.

For Daenerys actually only one dragon was and it wasn't the ones she locked up The black one, if you remember the people complained about a black dragon not the other two so she was dumb, because they listened to her more then the black one.

Will see with Bran he is not around much.
She didn't. Her father was arrested, and she did the only thing she thought possible to save him. Remember, Ned was being tried for treason and was to be executed; she was told by Cersei that speaking out against her father would end up sparing him and have him sent to the Night's Watch, as is usually customary for a lot of disgraced high borns.

And once again, she was a teenager who had JUST HIT PUBERTY. Think of how many great decisions you made at that age; she doesn't know who to trust, everyone she thought she could trust betrayed her, and she was caught in a shitty situation where if she was caught trying to escape, they'd kill her, too. The Hound threatened to rape her and kill her, don't forget. The only reason she remotely trusted Littlefinger is because she believes he loves her mother.

Honestly, it's a fucking horrible situation she's in and the only power she has is to try to manipulate people. It isn't much.

Yes, but one dragon starting to kill people doesn't mean the others wouldn't eventually. You know how people freak out about pit bulls because one or two badly raised dogs maul people and end up getting the entire breed banned in municipalities? Now we're talking about mythological creatures that the only things people know about them is that they burned entire armies alive, and the fruits of their labour can be readily seen at Harrenhall where their fire melted entire towers and everyone inside. Dany doesn't have control over her dragons, and they are hardly a stabilizing element.

Last edited:
I'm starting to like the Boltons and I hate myself for that.

He could have been keeping an eye on Kings Landing, understanding what's happening and how it can effect them.
It's kind of like the hate Theon gets thrown his way for betraying the Starks; once again, sixteen year old kid who's been told his entire life that he's little more than a glorified prisoner to the Starks who will kill him if his father strikes out again, and thinking he can bring their houses closer together to fight the Lannisters, ends up discovering his father can't be reasoned with and he has to prove himself if he wants to be accepted. So you end up with a young man who is making world changing decisions without any experience because he wants to be accepted and loved by somebody, and he comes to realize too late that he made a terrible mistake, and he ends up paying for it in the worst way possible.
Wasn't that only the official reasoning though, meanwhile Eddard treated him just like his own children?
That Dragon just matured quicker. She was taking a precaution before the other two got just as restless.

Old dragon wakes up from beneath mountain. Murders everyone in explicit detail encompassing 100+ pages per chapter, a chapter per character, even the one's nobody gives a shit about.
t. Martin

He could have been keeping an eye on Kings Landing, understanding what's happening and how it can effect them.

Wasn't that only the official reasoning though, meanwhile Eddard treated him just like his own children?

That Dragon just matured quicker. She was taking a precaution before the other two got just as restless.
Doesn't make much sense to send the assassin to spy. For all we know, the Faceless Men receive their orders in a supernatural way, kind of like how Melissandre sees visions in the flames and is capable of assassinating people with the blood of kings. We don't really know how the Faceless Men operate, or how their targets are selected.

Eddard did treat him like a son, and raised him like he was his own. Theon was very well treated, but he was still a prisoner. Do I think Ned would have killed Theon if Balon rose up again? No, I don't. But Theon's also been told his entire life he should be thankful for being somebody else's prisoner, and it's not like he was free to leave or enjoy the other perks of being the heir to a great house. He was pretty much the same level as being a bastard at that point.

Doesn't make much sense to send the assassin to spy. For all we know, the Faceless Men receive their orders in a supernatural way, kind of like how Melissandre sees visions in the flames and is capable of assassinating people with the blood of kings. We don't really know how the Faceless Men operate, or how their targets are selected.
That's just it though, we don't know how they work.
They could have a whole other goal and/or division that Arya hasn't learned about yet.
Eddard did treat him like a son, and raised him like he was his own. Theon was very well treated, but he was still a prisoner. Do I think Ned would have killed Theon if Balon rose up again? No, I don't. But Theon's also been told his entire life he should be thankful for being somebody else's prisoner, and it's not like he was free to leave or enjoy the other perks of being the heir to a great house. He was pretty much the same level as being a bastard at that point.
Jon Snow was in the same boat, and he never turned against his family for it.
Like, I can sympathize with Theon doing some ugly shit for his blood dad, but he literally attacked his home and killed one of the people who would have at least had a hand (even if smaller) in raising him.

Status
Not open for further replies.