Frozen Heart [Queen Elsa x redblood]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elsa jumped as something pointy touched her, she looked to see a snowman, had she created it by accident? Looking around herself, snow was falling in a soft flurry around her, ice and snow covered the area around her. The cold didn't bother her even though she was in a summer dress, but she looked to the snowman as it seemed to tilt his head as though in confusion. Curling her knees to her chest she told the snowman, as though it could hear her, "you don't want to be near me right now...I could hurt you." Elsa explained, a tear falling at the truth of that and she hastily wiped away with a sniffle.

Jack was confused. The young girl he had found seemed so sad and frightened. What could have happened for her to think she was dangerous? For someone like Jack, whom had always had his powers and never felt the need of fearing them, he couldn't possibly understand that that might be the problem for the girl.

"Seems like I'll have to become a bit creative like Sandy." Jack mumbled to himself. It wasn't easy being mute, at least he were from her perspective. The small snowman shook it's head in disagreement. It held it's tiny arms forward and a snowflake, as big as a hand, was created. Then it burst out into thousands of small snowflakes which only looked like dots for the eye. Afterwards came small children made of frost, laughing and playing as the snowflakes rained down on them.

"This is way harder than it looks like." Jack complained to himself as he tried to make everything look as good as possible so she could make it out and understand what it meant.

Elsa frowned at the snowman, not feeling up for any company in her saddened mood to begin with and rested her chin on the top of her knees before she saw something move in the corner of her eye, she turned her head to see. Her mouth fell open in surprise as she stared at the snowflake, her hand moving forward to touch it curiously but then it burst in front of her very own eyes and she looked to see small frosted children running around. Elsa grinned at the sight, wiping at her eyes. She thought it was a game, so she too held out her hand, another little frosted child running around with the others as her hand moved to continue manipulating her own child.

"Wait!" Elsa said, the thought suddenly coming to her, she wiped her hand, the snow children being wiped away as she looked at the snowman in awe, "you can manipulate ice!" And then she heard what she had just said and she scoffed, hugging her knees to her chest again and shaking her head, "that's ridiculous, Elsa...is he a figment of my imagination and I'm just doing this?" She wondered out loud, staring at her hands and then glancing at the snowman critically, she thought about asking if he was Pitch...but Pitch didn't have her powers...did he? She bit her lip in thought as she looked at the snowman, it was a bit creepy...Elsa re-created the small world herself again, wanting to play again it seemed in order to take her mind off of her situation.

Jack became more worried for the girl by the second. After a small conversation with herself she returned to the small world Jack had created, now she was in full control of it. The winter spirit walked closer to the girl and wished he could reach out to her, but he knew he would only go right through her. The thought stung him like a knife.

"Okay, time to cheat a little bit." He told the snowman even though he knew it wasn't alive.

The little snowman, with the help of Jack, started to write with the snow. 'I can.' The letters said, answering her question from before. The letters then changed. 'I'm Jack Frost.' They told her. He wasn't sure if she had ever heard of Jack Frost, different parts of the world had different names for him. And some people had never heard of the winter spirit at all. But he at least wanted to introduce himself. After that he created a small snow person in the small snow world Elsa now was controlling. It looked as close as his human self as he could make it. 'That's me' The little snowman wrote.

He didn't mind if she didn't believe in him, or if she could see him or not. But at least he could give her a hum of how he looked like and what his name was, so she didn't feel like she was just talking to a snowman. Something a bit more human might make her feel more secure. Or he would screw up and scare her even more.

Her eyes widened and her smile fell as the snowman started writing. She wasn't really afraid, just surprised and in awe at the same time. He wrote his name, Jack Frost. Elsa had never heard of Jack Frost before, how could she believe in a person that could bring on the winter when she could do it herself with ease? It must be her that brings on the winter, so she usually thought, or it was simply the changing of the seasons. Her gaze returned to the snow people as a swirl of snow appeared and then a small boy appeared, she stuck her hand out for the small character and brought him to eye level, and then she looked at the snowman looking perplexed.

But she wasn't feeling sad anymore, that was for certain.

"This is a boy, you're a snowman. Nice try," Elsa said grinning as she returned the small 'Jack Frost' to the snow world and started making the mini children have a snow ball fight. "So, Mr. Frost," she chuckled a bit, feeling silly talking to a snowman, but at the same time enjoying the conversation, "why can't you talk? Olaf can talk, he's a snowman I made." She added the last part in an explanation.

Finally she seemed to ease up and smiled. And suddenly she seemed very interested in having a conversation with the small snowman. Jack had no idea why Elsa thought that she had made the little snowman. Did she always make things without realizing it? Suddenly he found himself wishing that they could have a conversation eye to eye. Just for a moment. Should he try to explain who he was through the snowman? Maybe he could make her see him. But explaining that he was a winter spirit, invincible to her eyes, and had created that snowman to communicate with her seemed to be an impossible task. Or at least it would be time consuming. Or was it?

'I was a human once.' Jack explained in writing. Then his little snow Jack jumped out of Elsa's world and landed on a small piece of ice. A smaller snow-girl joined snow-Jack on the ice. The ice started to crack around her and just as Jack had saved his sister in the real world, snow-Jack saved his sister on that ice before it cracked beneath his feet and he fell down. He didn't know how much Elsa would understand of it, since he couldn't really visualize how he became a snow spirit or that the female was his sister. But at least he could give her part of the story.

'Now I'm a winter spirit.' He then wrote to explain what happened after he fell into the ice.

She scrunched her brows together in obvious confusion as she watched the little show, glancing at the snow person and then continuing to watch and try to understand as best as she could. "Uh huh..." she said as she read the last phrase, her tone showing her obvious disbelief, "there's no such..." she trailed off of what she said; there should be no such thing as a talking snowman - but there was Olaf. But that's because of magic, Elsa reasoned as she frowned as she tried to understand some sort of common ground, she had forgotten about the snow children long ago, they stayed frozen and unmoving now as she instead stared at the miniature 'human Jack' and the little girl.

"Are all snow people winter spirits," Elsa asked instead out of curiosity, she thought of Olaf as she instead picked up a bunch of snow and started patting it into the perfect, circular snowball. He still hadn't answered her previous question, why couldn't this snowman talk? But she decided to leave that question alone for now.

This became more and more difficult. Jack wasn't sure what she even meant by snow people. As far as he knew he was the only winter spirit in existence. He had heard of other spirits that could control the weather and such, like mother nature. But never had he actually met another nature spirit.

The little snowman just shrugged it's shoulder. Jack himself was such a young spirit, only around threehundred years. So there were still a lot to learn for him. Especially since he hadn't actually spoken with anyone for the first threehundred years of his spirit existence.

'I think I'm alone.' The snowman wrote. The letters then changed into, 'This is not what I look like though.' and beneath those letters he added, 'I'm invincible. You can't hear nor see me.' He knew that would be hard for her to understand. But it was hard to explain something so complicated without being able to speak, or at least be able to have a book to write it all in.

Elsa laughed at the shrug, it just seemed so human for him to do that she couldn't stop herself from laughing. As he wrote that he felt he was alone, the Queen gave a very un-ladylike snort and said, "I know the feeling." He explained that this wasn't what he looked like and that she couldn't see him, her gaze still looked around the snowy expanse though, as though she might be able to see someone else in the area besides just the snowman.

"If I can't see or hear you...how-" she was cut off by a howl and she immediately stood in alarm, looking up at the sky she realized that it was late, ice cracked around her as she whirled around to be certain that she wasn't being hunted. Looking to the snowman, she explained, "I...I need to find somewhere to stay." Elsa started walking away, head bowed and then a thought came to her mind as she tucked a blonde strand behind her ear and turned back to the snowman, "you could come too...we could be lonely together...?" Elsa offered warily with a smile before explaining, "I don't know if winter spirits can get bitten by wolves or not, but being out in the dark can't be too much fun either."

And with that she started walking away, trying to find a clearing open enough for her to build a small igloo. She made the small snow house with ease, thick enough to keep the wind off of her and keep her warm as she crawled inside and leaned against the curved side and started drawing in the snow, she realized she had no way of telling if the winter spirit had followed her or not. Part of her wished it had and she hadn't just thought it all up on some desperate thought to not be alone.

The girls started with a question, but weren't able to finish it as wolf started to howl. Jack wouldn't even have noticed them if Elsa hadn't reacted. He had never been attacked by an animal before and didn't know if they actually could hurt him or not. Thus they didn't seem to be a threat to him. He knew they could sense his presence, and maybe even see him. But no animal had ever walked up to him, and he had never been an animal person.

He felt bad for leaving her alone, so once she proposed that he should come with her he immediately felt happier. He didn't mind the dark lonely nights, as the majority of his existence was filled with them. But he didn't mind company either, especially when he had found someone that were so much like him. Except for her being a human of course.

He let the snowman fall lifeless to the ground and slowly melt away. He could just rebuild it. Jack watched as the former queen of Arendelle made an igloo and crawled into it. He had never even thought of using his powers like that before. Could he even do it? He went in after her without her even knowing of it and once inside he made another snowman, this time a bit more human like form.

'Why are you out here all alone?' Jack wrote with the snow, finally finding his chance to ask some questions too.

At the appearance of the snowman she grinned happily, she noted it looked a bit more human, but she didn't point it out as she read what he said. Her face fell as she pushed back her bangs with worry before explaining herself, "I can't control my powers," she admitted, worried he might be afraid like the others, "I thought people understood me and accepted me...but they only feared me. I don't want people to listen to me, simply because they're afraid I might hurt them if they don't." She remembered the fear on everyone's faces, and then her reoccuring nightmare of people freezing everywhere and Anna turning her back on her in anger.

Ice quickly coated the igloo the more she thought about it, and she looked at the ice with fear, cowering in her little corner as though she could simply be swallowed up and hide away forever. "I never meant to hurt people, I don't want to hurt people...so I ran," she admitted, looking at the snowman. He was still there so she assumed whoever she was talking to was still there too.

The snow spirit watched as the ice started to cover the igloo. She seemed to have so much control just moments earlier, how could she loose it so easily all of a sudden? To not be seen just became more and more frustrating, there was no way he could say everything he wanted to say through the snowman. But it wasn't like he could tell her to believe in him. Or could he? It was a long shot, but he could try to explain it to her. But first he had to calm her down.

'You built this igloo.' He wrote in the snow. 'Wasn't that control?' The snowman looked confused at the girl, just like Jack was doing. How could she have control enough to build an igloo, and create those little snow-people, but then suddenly loose everything without much reason.

She nodded her head at the first question, believing it to just be a "yes" or "no" response and then he asked the second and she understood as the snowman tilted his head in question. She smiled at that before explaining herself, "I can control it...but if I panic or am afraid or even anxious, I have no control over it. I froze myself in my room by accident when I was really young...I couldn't find my doll." Elsa said grinning, she wished her own issue now was not being able to find her doll - finding a doll would be so much easier than than trying to find a way for people to understand and accept her.

Finally they were moving forward. Something really bad most have happened for her to become that afraid. He didn't even want to imagine what would happen if Pitch Black decided to take a visit. He shouldn't care about one human being though, last time they had met, Pitch had tried to make every child in the world afraid and stop believing, so the thought of him focusing on one person was kind of ridiculous.

'What makes you afraid?' Jack asked her. If there was something she feared, then she should avoid it, or try to get stronger by exploiting herself to it. Though that might not always be possible depending on what the problem was.

Her shoulders slumped at that question as she pondered on an answer, "It seems like I'm afraid of everything..." she admitted with a humorless laugh, "I'm afraid of hurting people with my power. I'm afraid of losing control. I'm afraid of disappointing Anna, my sister. I'm afraid of people fearing me instead of accepting me..." Elsa trailed off, "I think it's better to be alone...at least then I can be free and unafraid. But I'm afraid of being alone the most," she admitted, her sadness causing a small flurry to start falling in the igloo. She inhaled and exhaled, the flurry ceasing as she glared at the snow as she shook her head to rid herself of the flakes that had fallen there.

Looking to the snowman she admitted, "I wish you were real...well, I wish you could just talk." She corrected with a soft smile, drawing in the snow lamely.

It saddened the spirit that what Elsa feared the most was herself. She had such an amazing power which she could control, but she let herself hold herself back. "Me too." He answered even though she couldn't hear him.

Once again he started to write with the snow. 'If you believe in me, then you will be able to hear and see me.' He explained. It was a long shot, but worth a try. If she could think of him than something else than her imagination, then she might be able to see him. The letters faded and new ones appeared. 'I'm Jack Frost, the spirit of winter and fun.' He started and hoped that some part of her could find the will to believe. 'I'm 300 years old, and very handsome.' The last part was mainly to make her laugh, he figured it might be needed. 'Just like you, I can control snow and ice.' He tried to not replace the sentences too fast so that she would have time to read them. He was already prepared to be disappointed, but there was a small piece of hope in his soul. 'I might be able to help you.' He then added.

He might be able to help her even without her seeing him, but it would be a much harder thing to do.

Elsa watched the words fly with each sentence, the 'winter spirit' seeming eager and excited. She laughed at him when he said he was handsome and even pointed out, "someone's full of themselves." But she read and listened politely. What if this isn't all in my head? I've never been able to make snowmen when upset, snowmen make me happy...I usually make ice and storms. She stared at the last sentence, him offering to help her. Her eyes softened, he was as kind as Pitch who had worried over her back in her castle.

"Just gotta believe, huh? Okay, Mr. Frost. What do I have to lose," Elsa asked to no one as she concentrated on just Jack Frost. A 300 year old winter spirit. Handsome, supposedly. A person who could control snow and ice. Someone who seemed rather selfless by the show he had put on earlier. Someone who was alone like her, invisible for some reason that she couldn't understand. But most importantly, someone who wanted to be believed in.

And just like that, her gaze snapped to Jack's own blue eyes as her jaw dropped, "Jack- Mr. Frost...?" She asked cautiously.

Jack looked worried and at the same time hopefully at her as she concentrated. He shouldn't have such high hopes for it to work, or else he would just be disappointed. But he couldn't help it. He wanted her to see him. He wanted to speak to her, to someone that were like him. And then, she looked straight into his eyes.

"Y..You can see me?" He asked even though it was rather obvious that she did. Who was more shocked, the queen or the winter spirit? He didn't think it would have been that easy to make an adult believe in him. Even children had been hard for hundreds of years before he met Jamie. Once he snapped out of his own shock he smiled gently. "So, am I as handsome as you thought?" He asked, going back a bit in their conversation to make her laugh again. He didn't want to frighten her, and going from believing that someone was a figment of their imagination to suddenly seeing them might be a bit scary for some people.

"You can talk," was Elsa's first dumb statement as he spoke a question, she was in complete shock that it had actually worked. Here he was before her! Maybe she had been truly desperate to meet someone like her, to the point where she was willing to believe in anything. She rubbed her eyes to be certain that she wasn't seeing things before looking at Jack again who grinned and referred to their earlier conversation. So it must have been him the entire time, how else would he have known about that conversation?

She smiled at him and teasingly said, "I don't know, I'll admit I imagined someone that looks stronger and taller." Elsa said and chuckled before finally scooting closer, she didn't care if it was weird, she had to try touching him, to make certain this wasn't all some sort of dream. That she wasn't going to wake up and be filled with disappointment that she had imagined or dreamed the entire thing up. If she could touch him, it would only assert his existence further in her mind. Her hand touched his chest and she let out a breath of air as though she were holding it, "my goodness, you're real! I didn't make you up- oh, sorry." She said, jerking her hand away in alarm, blushing as she noticed how close she had gotten to examine him. She scooted back, "sorry, personal bubble."

"Why couldn't I see you before," she asked, "I just have to believe in you to see you? Next you're going to tell me the tooth fairy is real."

Jack laughed at her comment, well if he had lived a bit longer than he did then maybe he had gotten to grow a bit more. He didn't mentioned that though as Elsa took him by surprise by getting closer and suddenly touching his chest. A moment later she took away her hand and made some space between them. It was an amusing and confusing situation for the winter spirit.

"She's a very nice woman actually, though a bit hyper at times. And awfully obsessed with my teeth." He answered her and made sure to not sound as if it was just a joke. "No human can see spirits if they don't believe in them. We live through the stories told about us. Of course we don't cease to exist just because people stop believing, but there isn't much meaning for our existence without beliefs." He then explained. He decided to not tell her about the guardians and how they actually couldn't exist without beliefs. Right now that wasn't important.

Status
Not open for further replies.