Frozen Heart [Queen Elsa x redblood]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What? Wait a second," Elsa said, waving her hands, her mood greatly lifted with the conversation and the distraction overall of Jack, "you mean to tell me that those silly stories are parents used to tell us about are real?" She asked, "Come on, we all learn that it's our parents that leave money under our pillows and gifts under the tree." Elsa said shaking her head, though interested nonetheless as she tucked her legs underneath herself instead of being curled up in a ball like she had been so far. A smile was on her lips as she eagerly expressed her interest in understanding.

Finally it seemed like Elsa wasn't too scared anymore. She wasn't curled up anymore, and her smile didn't seem to fade. "Trust me, they are as real as you and me." He confirmed. Jack actually didn't know why the parents never thought of it as weird when presents came to the children even though they hadn't given all of them. Maybe it was some kind of false memories to make sure that they could keep being legends.

"They are very different from the legends though. You wouldn't believe it if you didn't see them with your own eyes." He then continued. Who would believe that Santa Claus was a tattooed Russian with tons of yetis working for him, and that he was a master in sword fighting. Or that the tooth-faerie was a hummingbird, human hybrid whom could create small tooth-faeries from her own body, and she was the guardian of memories which was stored in the teeth she collected. That was something that just had to be seen to be believed.

Elsa grinned at his words before saying, "so there's a chance then that I could see them?" And then she remembered his show, the one he did earlier when she thought he was a snowman and she had to ask, "So...how did you become a winter spirit? I remember you showing me something to hopefully understand, but...?" She trailed off on her question, not wanting to impose if he was still hurt or upset about whatever it was that exactly happened.

For a small moment, Jack couldn't help but be pained by the memories of the day he had saved his sisters life, and had seen her for the last time. But he fast changed his expression, and hoped she wouldn't notice. "Me and my younger sister was going to skate on the ice of a small pound nearby our home. But my sister ran out on the ice before me and it started to crack. I were able to save her, but fell into the water myself. I remember that it was cold and dark, and I guess I passed out immediately. Then suddenly, I woke up to see the light of the moon. I didn't know who I was or where I were, but I fast noticed my powers. I played around with them for a while until I came to a town and noticed other people.... But they didn't notice me. And eventually I realized as a child went right through me that I were completely invincible to them."

Jack had never told that story to anyone before, it hadn't been too long since he himself got to know the whole story. "It was just a while ago that I got my memories back and started to understand what had happened to me. Before that I had pretty much spent 300 years on my own, only knowing my own name."

Elsa listened to him say his selfless tale, wondering if she would do the same for her own sister, Anna. But she didn't have to think long on such a thing, of course she would, in a heart beat. She loved her sister dearly, it was why she ran away, Anna would make a better Queen of Arendelle and the citizens wouldn't be afraid of her rule at all, like they were with Elsa's. "You're very brave," she said with a kind smile, truly pleased to have gotten to know the winter spirit on such a personal level. But at the mention of him just recently learning about himself and his selfless tale she frowned at that, "I'm terribly sorry you were so alone...I avoided my sister and eventually my parents too, exiling myself. It was just easier. I thought I had gained at least a little bit of control, but I suppose not." She said her face falling once more before she stifled a tired yawn, a lot had happened to her in one day already.

"Do winter spirit's sleep," she asked with a soft smile, laying on the ground and still watching him, her hands resting under her head in a make-shift pillow.

They seemed to have more in common that Jack first had thought. Though their circumstances were very different. Jack chuckled at her question. "I can sleep if I want to, but I don't need it. Sometimes I sleep just to get away from the world around me for some hours." He replied. When he had lived alone without anyone to turn to, dreaming had been his escape when the loneliness became too much to bear. Sure there had been nightmares, but once he got good dreams he could feel the warmth of the children, and he could play with them all night, because they saw him. When he had a bad dream, it hadn't been much different from his reality.

"I could help you." He then told her, wanting her to know it before she fell asleep. Maybe then she wouldn't be so afraid. "With your powers I mean." He clarified. "If you can get control over them, then you could go back to your family again. They are probably worried for you." He could just imagine how his family had taken his sudden death, how his sister had felt watching him die. There was no way no one would miss Elsa if she just disappeared. "Think about it." He then finished, so she knew that she didn't have to decide immediately.

Her eyes softened at the mention of him helping her, she was afraid that even if she did control her powers that the citizens would still fear what she could do. But she did feel hopeful, maybe if she couldn't even return as the Queen for Arendelle, she could still return for Anna. She smiled appreciatively at him giving her time to think about it, Elsa curled up into a ball, hoping that when she did wake up that Jack would still be there or at least she'd be able to find him. She dreamed her same dream, she didn't even need Pitch's influence to have the nightmare.

When she woke in the morning, she rubbed at her blue eyes, her blonde hair a bit of a mess as she fixed it and then put up a hand for the igloo to explode around her so she could stand up again. She looked around curiously for the winter spirit, in hopes that he didn't disappear from her. Part of her was worried that she had dreamed the entire thing, even though she remembered touching him and talking to him constantly, but the whole thing could have been made up.

"Jack," she finally called out as she continued walking through the forest.

Jack watched as the girl fell asleep. He was far from ready to sleep himself. After finding someone that were like himself, finding someone that could understand what he had been through, he couldn't possibly fall asleep with all that excitement. In the beliefs that she would have a long night with pleasant dreams, Jack left the igloo. Maybe he should tell the other about Elsa. On the other hand, what did they have to do with it? She wasn't a child for the guardians to protect, the only danger for her was herself. And that kangaroo would probably find something in the situation to complain about, and they would start fighting again.

They also had jobs to do, in difference from the winter spirit whom was pretty free to do what he wanted when he wanted to do it. So maybe he shouldn't bother them. He spent the night just pacing around in the forest, thinking about the girl he had met. Maybe he should check on her family, make sure that they were okay. But he didn't know where she came from, or how her sister looked like.

Eventually the morning came, and Jack had fallen asleep in a tree, on his own accord of course. He had a very pleasant dream until he heard someone call his name, and his sister appeared in front of him. "Jack." She said as he reached out his hand, but got interrupted as the ice gave in beneath him and he fell into the dark.

He woke up and breathed heavily. It took some seconds for him to collect himself before he noticed Elsa walk around, seemingly searching after him. He rose and stood on the branch and called down to her. "I'm here." Then he jumped down and let the wind catch him just before he hit the ground. "Slept well?" He asked her after he had landed.

Whirling around as he announced himself she watched as he jumped to the ground, and for a brief moment she saw Anna shouting 'catch me'. "Wait," Elsa cried, throwing snow at his feet but she watched as he actually was able to glide on his own and land on his feet calmly. "Oh...you can glide," she stated, blushing and rubbing the back of her head in embarrassment.

"So, I thought about what you said...and I'd love if you'd teach me to control it," Elsa said, grinning broadly and then adding quickly, "that is of course, if you have the time to. I understand if you're busy with...winter spirit-y duties? What do winter spirits do?" She asked curiously, heading deeper into the forest. She wasn't quite certain why she was still traveling through the forest, she supposed she didn't want her sister to find her. More than likely she was freaking out at the moment, searching anywhere that she could for her older sister. Elsa vaguely realized how selfish she was being, not even giving her sister a proper goodbye or even a reason for her disappearance.

Hopefully she'll stop looking once she learns I didn't return to the ice castle, Elsa mused to herself, her blue gaze looking towards the tall mountain where indeed her ice castle was. She'd occasionally go up there and re-ice it so the sun didn't ruin it. A place for her to still be able to escape and enjoy herself.

"I have all time in the world." He told her. "Winter came long before I existed, and it will keep coming when I cease to exist." If he ever would cease to exist that is. "I don't really have any duties. I do what I do whenever I want to do it. Sometimes I create snowstorms, and other times I play pranks by creating ice under peoples feet. I'm a bit infamous for my pranks." He confessed. As a snow spirit he didn't have any duties, but as a guardian he did. "At least among adults, the kids love my pranks even though they usually don't know it's me who did them. My favorite thing though, is to start a snowball fight and watch everyone laugh as they forget everything about duties and responsibility. I love to seem them letting go and just have fun."

It felt weird for Jack to open up so much to a stranger. But at the same time it felt completely right too. Somehow he felt as if they could understand each other in a way no one else would be able to. Maybe it was because they shared the same powers, or maybe it was something deeper.

((Sorry for the wait!))

Elsa listened to him explain his 'duties', or at least lack thereof. She grinned as he said this, "it sounds so much fun! Man, I wish I believed in you when I was little - imagine how much fun we could have gotten into? Maybe I wouldn't have ran away either," Elsa slipped out, but she didn't bother correcting herself as she kept walking, Jack floating beside her - showing off. She didn't mind though, she absolutely adored him! He was everything that she wanted to be! In control, fearless, and overall amazing! Elsa wanted to be just like Jack and just being with him was making her just as happy to have someone around.

"Wait, have you even taught anyone how to control their powers," Elsa asked, stopping in her stride through the forest to turn to him properly. Her head cocked curiously as she waited for him to respond to her question.

It didn't surprise him at all that Elsa was a runaway. After all, when he found her she had been all alone in a forest, not knowing where to go and had to create a place to live in. Most people whom left home for the first time at least had somewhat of a plan on where to go, while runaways usually left without any plan in mind.

"I haven't." Jack confessed to her question. "You're the first person I have met that have the same powers as me." He explained. "But it's okay, it's not your powers you have to control anyway. It's your fears. And that I have helped people with before." He finished reassuringly as he landed on the ground to walk with her. The other times he had helped his friends to overcome their fears had been in life threatening, or dangerous situations. It wouldn't be the same as when he saved his sister, nor when they defeated Pitch. But he was the guardian of fun, so this was his responsibility. At least that was his excuse as it would give him more time with Elsa and giving him some time far away from the other guardians while he cooled his head after his and Bunny's last fight.

Frowning at Jack, she was starting to have her doubts. He never helped someone control snow or other powers, and he had insisted that he could help her. If he said that he could help her but had never actually helped someone like her, how did he even plan to go about something like that? "How do you plan on helping me get over my fears when I'm afraid of everything," she asked curiously, an eyebrow raised as she continued her trudge through the forest.

Holding out her hand she made a small flurry of snow flakes dance in her hand calmly. The flakes not giving her as much happiness as they usually did as she kept on going.

Jack couldn't help but chuckle at her comment. "Are you afraid of me?" He asked her with slight curiosity slipping into his voice. No one was afraid of everything, and so far she had shown no signs of being afraid of him. Not even when he suddenly had materialized in front of her. "You're not afraid of everything Elsa. It just feels like it because fear is a strong feeling." He then told her. He should know, there had been times when all his fears had almost overpowered him, when he thought he could do nothing because of them. His memories helped him back up on his feet again.

Maybe it would be the same for Elsa. Maybe she just needed a small push to get up on her own feet.

At the question she gave him a crazy expression, "of course not." And then to his explanation she smiled broadly, "You're a great person, Jack." She said with a grin as she arrived to a lake, instead of going around it though, she just kept walking across it - solid ice appearing at her feet as she walked across the lake with ease. Elsa didn't even really think about making the ice to cross the lake, that was the only downfall to her powers, usually she didn't think about what she was doing with them. She just allowed the power to control her more than her controlling them. Occasionally she'd make a flurry, an igloo, or something...but other than a few exceptions, a few false assurance that she was in control, she truly had none.

Her comment caught the winter spirit completely off guard. That wasn't something he was used to hearing. At least not from adults. "You're probably the only one who thinks that though." He mumbled, not even meaning to say it out loud. His mood faltered just for a moment before he reminded himself that he wasn't in the right company to become depressed.

Jack lifted himself from the now ice covered water, and flew beside the girl. "You mentioned before that you have a sister. How is she? Do you get along?" He asked her, mainly to get his own mood up a bit, but also because of curiosity. "I remember that I fought a lot with my own little sister. She always got mad at me for the smallest things. But it never took more than a day before we had forgotten about it."

Status
Not open for further replies.