From Scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bones was again awakened by noises and such. He looked around and said, "The mailman didn't deliver my package, I am unable to complete the recipe." He felt pretty good though, his body was slowly freezing itself to preserve him, but he was still too physically weak to stand.

Shadow quickly picked up Ghost and stuffed the bow into his hands. "Do I need to wake you up again?" she hissed. Jumping outside she glanced at the creatures and knew what she needed to do. Casually walking towards the snarling creature, she spun the sword in her hand. A soft smile appeared on her face as she suddenly flashed one of their feet, slipping past the first one to slice the second ones ankle. Jumping up, she plunged the sword into its leg to use to climb up it. The creature bucking and shreiking, she swung herself onto its back, digging her sword and a knife into its back to hang on.

Bones leaned so he could look out the door. "Careful, the puppies' mother won't like that!" Cryptic message, or ramblings of an insane man?

Shadow carefully stood up and ran along its spine towards the brain. The creature bucking her into the air she leaped forward, sword ready to plunge forward into its weak brain. Suddenly an idea came to her and she dissipated her sword, whacking the brain, stunning the creature. Shadow quickly crawled over to its mouth, then hung off by its nose. Glancing behind her, she appeared on the side of its mouth. Roaring in pain as it came to its senses, it spun around mouth open. Quickly she directed it to another of the creatures, quickly rolling back onto its head as it smashed into the side of the other creature. A wave rippled along her, throwing her into the air just after she plunged the knife into its brain. Shadow threw her knife into the collapsed seconds brain, then hit the ground with a slight crunch, groaning.

With his eyes scurrying back and forth from creature to creatures, confused by the sudden disburse it had given him no time to change course. He found himself stumbling over corpses of bloodied objects. A disgruntled shriek escaped his monster like image as he stumbled back, eyes racing about to finally set onto a girl. How brutal she was. Looking at thestrewn bodies of these creatures reminded just then that he appeared like one. He scrambled back, a gasp escaping him but sounded more a snarl and hiss. How did he do it again?! He was just in shock he was temporarily paralyzed, his will to change, he couldn't get the right image, all he could think about was to get out of there.

Ayas burst out the door with Jake, both of them split in different directions, the twins opened their wings and attacked.

Ayas, with his orange sword, sliced into beast after beast, each of them bursting into flames as his sword plunged into tthier bodies.

Jake, with his own purple sword, began ramming it into a beast. It screeched and then began convulsing on tue ground as poison flowed into its veins from the magical sword. Jake's eyes widened as he back away and began hacking into the beasts.

Eventually, as the many creatures conered them, Ayas and Jake were back to back. Ayas unfurled his orange demonic wings and took flight as Jake did the same with his purple feathered wings.

"We need to get them to the cave. They need powerful weapons if they are to survive this!"

Jake nodded and flew to the rickety hut as Ayas kept the creatures away.

Jake burst through the door and approached Geoff.
"We need to get to the cave nearby. Ayas can carry the two wounded" he gestured to Ghost and Bones. "but that leaves you defenseless, I'll protect you, but we need to get everyone's attention and tell them where to go."

@Unknowledge

Ghost was suddenly up and looked very angry. "You FOOLS!" He roared. He knocked an arrow, and stepped out of the hut, releasing it while slowing his perception of time. Two of the creatures briefly passing eachother were both killed instantly by the same arrow. He put the bow on his back again and unsheathed a savage looking knife. He swerved and jumped between monsters, slashing and stabbing, monsters slumping as he passed them.

Jack awoke and howled. He had the body of a bear, with the teeth of a wolf, and he crashed out of the hut, tackling and crushing monsters.

Bones looked at Jake, then Ayas then declared, "The reaper has finally come for me!" He wiggled his one good arm at them and cried angrily, "I have paid by parking ticket in full already!" His hand was frosted over and his strange blue eyes were shining brightly.

He hid in the nearby brush, crouched low to the ground watching as these creatures were massacred. If he were an actual creature like those being killed out there he would most certaintly fear the ones that killed his kin. But he wasn't, though he still feared them.

He still had a hard time trying to focus, he guessed that was key to chaning back to his original self... Having focus and being calm. He was neither at the moment.

His jaw clenched tight as he carefully watched creatures, hearing more as they come crashing through the forest around him, making their way to the battle grounds. No more distracted from decoys.

How were they to survive a second horde! He thought. Easily distracted with the image of a person with wings, then the sight of a large bear crashing out into mass wave of creatures. Krieven had to make his move, and he had to do it now!

He launched from the brush, scrambling forward and attacking a creature from behind, mouth finding the nape of the things neck where Krieven attached himself, causing both the creatures to crash and tumble, claws catching each other before Krieven bit down harder, almost servering the beasts head clean from its shoulders.

Shadow ignored the excruciating pain, and rolled over to avoiding the foot of another creature, stifling a scream as pain shot up from her chest. Admittedly, she should of planned that better. Sternly she told herself that she couldn't stay still. She managed to stand up as she saw one of the creatures hiding in the bush. Limping towards it, she saw... It leap out and attack another one. Shadow leaped up, spinning in the sky, she threw another knife which managed to curve around, slicing the rest of the wounded creatures head off. Grinning at the attacking one, she waited a few moments and charged back to the horde.
Jake and Ayas had pulled back, only... The unnamed one and Jack was attacking. A smile rose in her mouth as she thought of a plan. Running back to the hut, she slid underneath and dodged the attacks of the horde and reached Geoff. Panting and ignoring the other two, she said,
"I have a plan..."

Whew!... He couldn't help but watch as the head rolled away from the body of the creature. Oooh if he were in true form he definitely be showing how squimish he was at the site of that. He looked to the girl and her grin, how skilled...And she didn't attack him.

Good sign good sign. From there Krieven joined in on the hordes of creatures, entangled it was almost dizzying, attacking any such disgusting creatures that came into sight. They seemed surprised but that didn't last too long, and soon he felt it, how they were beginning to turn their attention on the outcast. He looked like them, but he wasn't it was clear.

A growl, a snarl before Krieven launched himself against a few, an entanglememt as if a pack of starved dogs fighting one another for morself of food.

Geoff was battling as well.He put every ounce of his strength into the thrusting with the spear. Letting one get cloee would mean the end for him. "Ayas! I could use a pick up!" Just then the spear broke off in a creatures brain and Geoff stumbled back against the house. "No,no,no..." Hier popped his head out and attempted to scare the creature, to no avail. Geoff shot darts at all angles, hoping to nail as many as possible.

Out of darts, he ran to the back of the house and hid, panting heavily. His foot throbbed and he could hear the sound of an approaching creature. "Oh...Oh god...Am I going to die tonight...?" The creature came around the corner and stepped over Geoff. It didn't have eyes or a nose...It must have relied on sound. Geoff through a rock into the forest and watching it run off. He then went back to sleep

Limping towards Geoff, she copied his technique and threw a stone to distract the creatures. Moving inside the house, she shook him attempting to wake him up. "Wake up!" she hissed at him. "I need you to do something," she said, attempting to lift him up

"Ah...Huh...Shadow...Yeah? What is it?" He struggled to keep himself awake, but sat up straight. "What do you need?"

"Well I have a plan... I will help you up one of the monsters... Then you tame it," she said slowly. Quickly turning around, she threw a dagger at one the creatures charging towards the hut. Pulling him up, she ran outside and grabbed a stick for him to use as a crutch if he needed

"Alright. I need to be able to touch its stomach though." He followed her as closely as possible, and took the stick happily. "That one! It's big but not too big." He pointed across the way, to an approaching creature. "Get me near that one's stomach and the bastard is mine."

Shadow ran forward beckoning for him to follow her. Once again, she softly cut a knife into Thhe creature legs, and another that Geoff could use as stepping stones. The creature bucking wildly, she hoisted herself up onto its neck, slowly crawling to its brain. Once again bashing her fist into the flesh, the creature froze, stunned. "RUN!" she yelled at him

Geoff ran to the creature and rubbed its stomach, just enough for it to shake and then lick him. "Corven! Help us out!" Geoff ducked into a bush, unable to move due to the pain. "God damn!My foot..." He was picked up by Corven and he took out the axe, chopping at creatures as Corven ran. "Shadow! Go with Ayas to the cave! Get a crystal...Maybe you can conjure up crystal weapons afterwards. Make sure to grab me a spearhead." With that Geoff continued battling, even Hier was fighting by sneaking onto creatures and chomping into their brains.

Jake, hearing Geoff, ran outside and lifted Shadow into his arms and took flight, carrying her over the treetops as the wind whipped through their hair.

"I'm leaving Ayas behind because He's a better fighter" he called over the whipping wind. They eventually touched down and entered the cave, a torch to lead them through the darkness.

Eventually, they reached the cavern that was filled with thousands of multicolored crystals.

"Each color has a different effect as a weapon. You have the whole rainbow to choose from here. Purple fills the victim's veins with poison while orange ignites them into flames. I don't know what any of the other colors do." his voice echoed througout the beautiful cavern. He walked over and touched a green crystal. "Can you feel the magic and energy pulsating from them? There are millions of colors to choose from here, and each has a different effect. It's hard to imagine."

@Shadowski

~~~~~~~

Ayas was fighting magnificently, nothing came close to touching him as he dove and flew through the air. He was a great fighter and laughed maniacally as he sliced into creatute after creature.

Out of thr corner of his eye, he saw his brother take flight And dissapear over the treetops. He hmmphed and continued his slaughter.

"What a coward." he mumbled to himself.

Last edited:
Shadow grinned manically, and glanced at Jake, running deeper into the cave. She gently reached up, a small, glinting crystal caught her eye. It was jet black, tinted with the very slight touch of dark blue like on the night sky. Her soft footsteps muffled as she approached it, daintly lifting her slim arm to touch it. A rush of energy flushed through her and she felt stronger already. "What do I do now?" she whispered to Jake.

Status
Not open for further replies.