From Scratch

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow caught the knife spinning it around in her hand, the hilt sweaty. "What..." Shadow looked at him closely. She eyed him closely, but she could not remember him. "Who are you," she growled, knife in position. Mind tricks. She shook her head, ignoring them. "And how are you 'protecting' my group," she added angry

Ghost shook his head, an angry look on his face. "This place is known to them, and every person counts. Now could you shut him up?" He growled, gesturing to the moaning Jack. He resumed his position by the hole and began muttering things angrily.

Shadow walked up to him slowly glaring. She continued to glare at him for a few moments before bringing her hand hard and fast onto his cheek. "He's in pain!" she snarled as the smack of the slap rang through her ears. "Oh, and stay there. If you move, well," she started, brandishing her knife with a small, evil smile. Out of sight of the oh-Im-so-badass-and-too-cool-for-you intruder, she rushed towards Jack. "Shh, it's ok now," she whispered holding his body trying to suppress his spastic movements. Conjuring a pain tablet, she carefully lifted up Jack and held the pill to his mouth. Shaking him, she whispered loudly in his ear, "Wake up!"

Ghost audibly growled. "I'm so sorry, I'm just concerned for your lives, so I'm trying my best to help you, even though I don't need to, Jenna!" He huffed and turned back to the hole.

Jack suddenly snapped up and whispered to shadow with a wide eyes. "They're coming" he took the painkiller and swallowed it, immediately slumping back into bed, without another sound.

Shadow froze as the name echoed in her ears. Jenna. Jenna. Jenna... As Jack fell asleep, kept her mouth open and the knife slipped from her hands, clattering to the wooden floor. What... Did... He... Shadow struggled to breathe and fell to her knees. A tear slowly made its way down her cheek as she fought to shove her emotions and memories down where she would never see them again. As she managed to hold back the traumatic feelings, anger raged inside her. A fire burnt in her eyes as she rose. Crumpling the rest of the metal container of pills, pain throbbed in her head. She took a step out of the hut. Staring deep into the intruders eyes, you could see the hatred in her eyes, enough to make a lion shrink back in fear. "How dare you..." she said trembling as another tear came. Her sword was summoned and she lunged forward to plunge it through this unknown persons heart

Ghost easily dodged the sword and dragged shadow inside. He pulled back his hood, showing his grizzled face. "Shadow, I need you to stay alert and keep your nerves, ok?" He said, gentler this time. He turned to Geoff. "Look, mate, watch my back, I'm gonna check outside. Is there anyone else who's part of the group out there?" @Unknowledge

Last edited by a moderator:
"No!" she screamed at him once again as she was dragged into the hut. While the man's back was turned, she smashed the hilt of her sword against the back of his head, once again knocking him to the ground. Swiftly, she stomped her foot onto his stomach, pressing deep, and sobbing as she raised the sword, as well as anger flaring all around her.

"I...I don't trust you..." Geoff stood and nearly fell. "Get...Get out of our...hou..." He fell back, not anywhere close to being rested. He exerted too much effort over the last few days, and being up and walking wouldn't help. Yet he resisted and and swung back up and using that momentum, headbutted him, knocking himself out.

(( @TheBountyHunter has asked me to take over their character. =3 They'll be creating another one. ))

Sylvia came back to the camp that once upon a time held her backpack and she studied the monument that Jakob had made... waste of time, maybe, but something to do in this God-forsaken island. She wandered through the forest, seeing all the flora in the darkness of night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jake was woken by noise. A loud racket between people. He quickly stood and rushed out the door to see Shadow poised over another male. Jake quickly geabbed his purple sword and rushed to Shadow.

His wing wrapped around her as he placed his hand on her shoulder to hold her back.

Ayas, get over here, there's some weird guy over here.

A sigh could be heard and Ayas strode out of the bushes. "Yeah, yeah. He saved your guy's lives while yoi were sleeping." He pointed behind him, "And just a piece of information, we have much bigger problems. A herd of them actually. A bunch of those weird monsters are coming."

Shadow fell to the ground sobbing as the sword materialised before hitting the floor. She curled up in the corner of the packed hut, heaving and crying. Moments later she instantly stopped and had a cold, emotionless stare on her face. Staying silent, she looked at the floor as she dug her nails into it. She was seemed empty, except for that she was still trembling

Ghost remained silent on the floor, unconcious from Shadow's blow to the head. He groaned, his hand tightening on his longbow.

"Shadow..." Geoff sat back down, not really wanting to though, and called Shadow to him. Even in his delirious state, he could tell she needed some comforting. He cleared his mind enough to be able to produce sentences. "Come here, Shadow."

Shadow blankly came over and sat down. Averting her eyes from Ghost, she looked directly into Geoff's eyes. "Yes?" she asked in a low monotone voice

"It's okay...We'll deal with him afterwards." He put an arm around her and sighed. "I don't know who that person is...But I thinki I might understand. We'll question him when he wakes up. Take his weapons, and tie him up."

Sylvia suddenly brightened and smiled, when she remembered Geoff's hut. She fondly remembered the small, seemingly uninhabited building made from whatever he could scrounge up. As she got there, however, her eyes widened as she took in the renovated house. But she had no time to ask anyone around as she was attacked by one of the creatures, teeth bared at her to bite off her flesh. She cried out, afraid for her life, and blindly threw punches at the monster. She screamed loudly in pain as the creature bit into her arm, causing her own blood to gush out around the wound. She felt her free arm make contact with the thing's exposed brain, and it made a blood-curdling shriek as it ripped away from her and onto the ground. In a blaze of fury, she leaps onto the monster and starts bashing into it's brain, turning it to putty and killing the thing.

Her sobs shook her as she stood, holding her adrenaline-numbed arm and moving towards the weak house. Dimly in her mind, she realized that this shelter won't stand a chance against the horde of monsters. She sat in front of the door, feeling presence inside, but closed her mind to everything except for what she needed to do.

A slight stir of a cool breeze woke the young man, his eyes fluttered open a brief moment before he made a turn to the side to get more comfortable as he continued to beg for more sleep. "Close the window..."he murmured. And just as he was about to make that full turn he felt the bed give way. No, it wasn't a bed, he feltthe air all around him. Did he die--Was he dying?! No, no, he was falling!!

Branches and twigs snapped beneath him, given no time to emit a sream, he quickly reacted. Grasping for anything he could till finally crashing painfully to the forest floor. Groaning in pain, but as well...Laughing. He couldn't help it and really didn't know why he was laughing. Maybe he did, Right... He was alive.

Calmed down now the young man peered up to the sky through pale, dull, blue eyes. Where was this place and why exactly was he doing here....How did he get here, and more importantly...Why did he feel so full of life?

He smiled and before long finally stood, aching and most likely bruised, it didn't matter for the moment, he was in awe...."A dream...maybe a coma"....he muttered outloud to himself as he slowly begun a slow trek through thick brush, tripping here and there until making a complete stop at a small stream. He fell to his knees, splashing his face and gulping handfuls of the ice cold water, welcoming the cold as it rushed down to his belly.

He looked to the water, peering upon his reflection. "So where are you Krieven...Heaven or hell.." His brows furrowed, looking at the sickly image with disgust. How he wished to look like he done months ago and not this sickly boy with dark circles beneath his eyes, the yellow to his skin, and of course the lack of hair due to treatments meant to subdue the sickness. He closed his eyes, splashed at the reflection, fallen to memories when he'd been happy. Then as he gained back his composure he'd looked to water, an idea he must accept what has come to be. But to his surprise he was not peering into the reflection of a sickly young man. No, he looked like the person he was months ago. The tousle of blue-black hair reaching just past his ears, the slightly tanned skin, and the life filled eyes. He smiled, giving a laugh mustered by disbelief.

He sat there for abit trying to figure out what direction to take, what he should do next. It was quickly decided for him as a creature came crashing out of the brush on the other side of the stream. For a moment the thing didn't notice him, Krieven held his breath, didn't move... He observed it just as it seemed to be....He gasped, the creature's brain was exposed...he couldn't see it's eyes. But for sure now it knew the young man was there.

Krieven scrambled back, crawling backwards awkwardly till scrambling up properly till he was on all fours crouching to the ground. The thing caught his scent, jumping towards where Krieven had been sitting on the stream moments ago. The young man continued to watch. Why are you still here...You FOOL! His mind could not help but scream at him.

He didn't move, he couldn't move. And slowly that thing got closer, and closer, until it was mere inches from Krievens face. The young man just continued to watch it, it done nothing but turn and disappear into the brush.

The creature reeked of death, Krieven feared it, and it should have killed him. He let out a breath of relief and crawled back to the slow stream, an attempt to wash his face of the cool water only to be freaked out by the image reflected back. He thought at first it was that thing coming back to kill him, but once he turned it was not there or no where to be seen. He looked back to the water once more, and he seen it again, quickly and harshly he held his eyes closed for a moment before looking to the water. With a sigh of relief he seen his happy self. "Wha--How?!" He leaned in close to the water, blinking a few times as he pictured the creature...before he knew it the image of the thing reappeared. Not so much as reappeared, but Krieven became it. He looked to the claws that replaced his fingers, the image was an unfavored one, ugly. He crawled to the edge of the stream and pictured the image of his previous self.

Once satisfied, and, well, bored. He was then intent on discovering his new surroundings. It would probably be best to travel as one if those things...he thought, then slipped into the image as he traveled across the forest, curious bound and following a crew of these monsters as they seemed to be attracked to something.

((Shapeshifter: More so mimicks appearances of what he sees. Does not gain abilities just images))

And my apologies for the large post/intro. ^__^)

As Sylvia concentrated, she imagined a picture of herself, and sent this picture out into the world. She stood and opened her eyes, seeing a twin version of herself standing in her exact position, a couple of feet away from her. She saw the circle of monsters coming steadily towards the hut, alerted to their presence through their noises and actions in this area. She sent out several versions of herself, nearly twenty, and made them all move away from the hut in different directions. Hearing the screams and growls of the monsters, she knew that they were following her girls. All she needed to do was draw them away... far enough to... distract them... She fell to her knees, keeping her hands to her head as beads of perspiration slid down her face.

"Huh...Was...That..." Geoff sat there silent and suddenly yelled "Everyone who is able! Get your lazy asses up and fight! This house won't withstand a horde!" He stood up and wobbled, falling against the wall. "I heard it...I heard it...I know I did...Sylvia is out there somewhere." Geoff grabbed his spear and hobbled outside to see all the bushes around the house moving...shaking...each one containing a creature. "All of you...Keep your eyes peeled. Ayas. Keep your eyes to the sky. We don't know if there are flying ones." He looked to his right and saw a figure. "Sylvia...Get her inside..." He grabbed his blowgun and darts, his axe and knife.

He stepped further into the clearing and looked around. "There...Are so many." Wt that exact moment the air was filled with roars and screeches, every sound imaginable as the creatures emerged and charged the house.

He followed the horde of creatures, coming to a stop feets behind them as his eyes, diifernt from the other creatures peered ahead, the direction they were headed. It was a small structure off in the distance. People! There were people! His heart pounded excitedly as he quickly begun his way forward, almost forgetting about the stolen image that graced his form, the ugly creature he was, scurrying along the brush with the others, until the others veered off corse, distracted.

No, he wasn't distracted, wait maybe he was. Yes, he forgot what he was as he came in racing on forward towards the hut, full force. Coming out to the clearing with his snarling, gaping mouth and exposed brain of the creature he mimicked on appearance. He was happy, excited. There were others out here and he wasn't alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.