Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Ms.Ezra

Original poster
I will be totally honest and say I have little to go on for this prompt besides a very vivid dream, so please just read my best recollection of said dream and PM me is you're interested in developing it further.

I'm interested in worldbuilding, character development, and other more amorous details hence why I'm posting this here. I want nothing left off the table.

The noise of the crowd is almost deafening, but certainly confusing. Do they love this new contender that has bested their other gladiators and beasts? Or do they hate that they keep winning?

You don't have time to think about it. The thing with four legs and tentacles on its back is charging at you again. This time you manage to drop it after letting it get close enough to think it had you. The thing writhes on the ground bleeding out until you take mercy on it. The crowd goes wild when you do. You just want it to be over because this is the fourth bout you've had with no break.

But it's not. The lord of this arena puts his booming voice out into the air. "Very good! Our new contender brought down the Darhellen Beast, the most savage thing to prowl the sixth moon of Cereno. They've deserved a night of carnal bliss just as much as the hunters to bring into my menagerie, have they not?"

The crowd responds in a confusing cacophony. You don't get your hopes up this is over.

"By my will, they shall!....but only if...they can take the place of my champion!"

This time the crowd is unanimously jubilant. You try to think who it could be. Which of the big bruisers could it be? The Arena Lord had so many you can't think of which. His entourage was just a bestiary with armor and clothes.

"Welcome back to the arena....The Conqueror of Cereno Six....The One-Woman Army.....Lady Velarosa!"

You see the platform at the center of arena open, and you're ready. You've heard of this Lady Velarosa. Supposed to be the fastest warrior in the known galaxy, and she's taken down armies reportedly by herself. Even if it was all propaganda, you brace for what could be your last fight.

At the center of the platform stands....a young woman. Couldn't be more than five feet tall. Lean and limber clad in light body armor, and armed with two short vibro-swords. Her face is obscured by the orange-plumed helmet save for a pair of unnaturally bright blue eyes. She clangs her swords together and holds them ready to charge. The crowd erupts when she dashes towards you.

You take a defensive stance and let her come to you, figuring you can stand your ground, get her close.

But right before your eyes, the lone warrior becomes a squad of five. The four appear to flicker into existence alongside the first at full sprint, armed and armored the same as the original. Could this be just an illusion to catch you off guard? It's not, you realize moments later when you're fending off ten swords coming from all directions.

How do you survive this assault, and how do you come to know this being that manages to be stranger than most in a galaxy of weird and dangerous beings?

Awesome idea! Good luck in your search.

• Love
Reactions: Ms.Ezra
Status
Not open for further replies.