Fraternizing With The Enemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kalia was once again snapped out of her thoughts. But this time, it was because of a good thing. Theron had inched closer to her and had pulled her into a hug. At his first touch, she stiffened but gradually she relaxed and put her arms around him, returning the gesture. She wasn't very used to affection of any sort but it was nice. She allowed herself to smile a little bit and enjoy the moment.

Her attention was drawn to his dog tag that had fallen forward when Theron had leaned in. Kalia looked at it curiously and then picked it up in her hand. It was different from her brothers. On the back of Theron's, it just had information about something called hypoglycemia. Something about that word was familiar. Kalia pulled back from Theron and tried to remember why it was so familiar. Her eyes grew unfocused as they did sometimes when she was lost in thought.

She remembered health class back when she had gone to school. It was the disease unit and they were learning about blood diseases like diabetes. Kalia's boyfriend at the time had spoken up about hypoglycemia. He had said that his uncle had had it and that he had died from it. But what was it? Then she remembered. It was when blood sugar fell to low. And it could be dangerous.

She looked back at Theron, her eyes filled with concern.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She stood up and furrowed her brows that mirrored the concern in her eyes. "Theron that's dangerous! We have to go now. You're obviously low on blood sugar. You're shaking! Really. Was that smart not to tell me this before you let me feed from you? I could have killed you!"

She ran her fingers through her hair. "Oh god. I could have killed you." She looked back at him and waved her hands for him to stand up. "Get up get up. I'll show you the ruins another time but right now we have to find you blood." She turned away and started walking towards the woods to their left. She turned back to look at him. "Come on."

Theron felt her stiffen at his touch then gradually relax, a small smile even played across her lips. His spirits sunk as she noticed the dogtag. He knew she would say something, weather it be for the good or bad. She reached forward and started to read the information about his condition. As she finnished reading her beautiful eyes grew unfocused as she began to get lost in her thoughts. What would she think? Most people who knew about it brushed it off and didn't let it bother with thier lives but the vampire was really thinking. Then Kalia's eyes met his and became filled with concern.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she asked as she stood up.

Her brows furrowed to match the concern in her eyes. He listened as she continued to express her concern with his low blood sugar, her feeding from him and was worried that she could have killed him. Theron spoke up as she ran her figers through her hair.

"I'm used to having people feed from me so that isn't the issue here Kalia...The last time I fed besides from you was about two days ago..."

The vampire waved her hands for him to stand so he shakily pulled himself to his feet. She ashured him that he would be shown the ruins a differnt time and turned, walking towards the woods to thier left. Once again she turned to look at him and asherd him forwards. He walked towards her then past her, wondering into the woods, catching the scent of the rouge vampires. He ran his tounge over his fangs as his beast started to emerge. His eyes turned from the silver to the blood red in moments notice. Theron felt his body serge with a temporary strength, strength enough to catch his prey. As he lost control of who he was becoming a smirk came across his lips.

"You can run...but you can't hide...Let the hunt begin."

As they walked forward, Theron passed her. He entered the woods as if he owned the place, calling out into the silence of nature. "Let the hunt begin." Kalia smirked and chuckled under her breath. She could see the hunter in him coming out as they got closer to their hunt. She was debating whether or not they should hunt together or separately. As she followed behind him, she decided to give him time to himself to hunt even though it wasn't exactly what she wanted. She jogged up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder.

"I'm gonna be a little more north. They have better deer on the other side of the river. If you need me, just yell or come get me." She gestured towards their right. "I know who you're looking for. There's a camp not far ahead." A memory flashed in her mind. The camp of rogues that she was talking about had attacked her one night. It was soon after her Sire had been killed and she was confused and lost. It wasn't a pleasant memory; it was filled with blood and pain. She had barely gotten away with her life. She looked back at Theron. "Let's just say they added quite a few scars one night." She gestured to her side where a particularly nasty looking scar was hidden just underneath her shirt. "Tell them that Kalia sent you for revenge." She winked at him and ruffled his hair before turning away to run towards the stream.

Breathing in the cool forest air, Kalia was glad that she was back. It had been awhile since she had last hunted in these woods. She had always made up excuses not to come back but now she let all of her worries go and just ran. After a few minutes, she caught the scent of a deer that was carried on the wind. She followed it to a clearing where a large buck was grazing by a small stream. She smiled as her fangs slid out and pricked her lips. She was upwind so the buck wouldn't scent her. The setup was perfect. Careful not to make a sound, Kalia crept to the edge of the trees and paused, waiting for the perfect moment to ambush him.

It only took a minute or so for the buck to become distracted and look the other way. That was when Kalia went in for the kill. In a blur of movement, she leaped onto the buck, piercing it's neck in one fluid motion. The hot blood rushed into her mouth and she was lost in the feeling. She barely registered the animal beneath her squirming, it's movements becoming weaker and weaker until, finally, they ceased. She stood up and wiped her mouth as the supply ran out. She felt rejuvenated and everything seemed brighter and clearer. She called it her "blood high". She lay back in the grass a few feet away and just watched the clouds glide across the sky.

She must have dozed off for a minute or so because her eyes flew open when she heard a sound off to the side of the clearing. Standing up slowly, Kalia peered into the trees but saw nothing. She shrugged off the uneasy feeling she was getting and decided to start heading back towards Theron. As she started off to the right, she kept thinking that she heard noises on the sides. She looked behind her and stopped.

"Hello?" She called out into the silence. No answer. Just as she was about to start walking again, something knocked her to the ground and pinned her there. Kalia let out a scream and struggled against the rough hands. The hands covered her mouth and eyes but not before she caught sight of blood red eyes. Theron?! She couldn't help but think. But no. The scent was off. This Krusnik had a similar smell but it wasn't the same. It had a slightly.... dirtier smell. Theron smelled of clean air and soap but this one smelled of the woods and dirt.

"Shut up you stupid child!" A gruff voice scolded her. A sharp hit to her cheek followed right after and Kalia let out a groan. Whoever this was, they were strong.

But not very smart obviously. The man had shifted his weight to hit her and gave her an opening to escape. Kalia bucked him off easily and started to run towards the river. "Theron!" She hoped that he had finished hunting and would hear her. She heard the heavy footsteps behind her and they were gaining on her. To Kalia's dismay, they were joined by another set of footsteps. Crap. This was not good.

Theron gave a quick nod to the vampiress before disappearing into the tree's. He moved quickly through the forest, the beast inside him taking control but he rememberd...he rememberd this forest. He had hunted here when he was a child, first learning to hunt. It had been a very long time...he picked up the scents up the clan. They had just made a fresh human kill, it was fairly obvious. Theron came upwind of them and hid as he staked out the group. The leader, he assumed to be the man, the only man, feeding from the human in the middle of the camp.

Around him was his harem of wives. He scruched his nose in disgust and clenched his Jaw. Silently he moved in and behind one of the Vampires's grabbing her, placing a hand over her mouth, dragging her off to the shadows without being noticed by the others. Theron noted the fear in her eyes as she realized who he was. He leaned in and sunk his fangs into her neck until she had been drained of blood. With the stealth of the silent killer he was, snatched away the other two woman, feeding on them, draining them of all their life source. Soon all that was left was the man in the middle who had just finnished with his meal, wiping his lips and letting the body drop to the ground.

Theron dashed into the middle from behind him and elbowed him with incredible strength in the back. He collapsed to the ground in suprise. Theron picked him up by his long, dirty looking hair. A cold, cruel look came across his eyes as he pressed the man's body into the ground, pulling back on his head. After a few long moments there was a gut wrenching snap and he removed the mans head. Theron pulled a lighter from his pocket and lit the man's head on fire, dropping it on top of the other half of the body. It all lit and burned into ash before the krusnik continued on his way.

He sighed as he felt the liquid run through his veins and his silver eyes return, the beast returning dormant. All of a sudden he heard Kalia's voice, calling to him. He took off without thinking and ran for a awhile before coming across her and sweeping her into his arms and behind him, standing a defensive ground in front of the girl. Two other Krusniks stopped in their tracks, twenty feet in front of him. He could tell that they were from the Clan that lived here in the forest after being forced out of the city by Theron's father many years ago.

"Well, well, now if it isn't Cashe's Son...How is that traitor doing?"

Theron growled, spreading his midnight black wings out defensivly. "Be gone Axel, this Vampire belongs to us...!"

Axel scoffed and smirked. "It dons't look like she is going anywhere...to me it looks like you have made friends with this pretty little Vampiress."

Theron's eyes narrowed. "Be gone Axel!"

Axel chuckled, waving away his other companion.

"Fine...Just be aware young Theron...Daddy dosn't play nice with people who befriend vampires..."

With that he disappeared into the forest, his loud, evil laugh echoing. Theron sighed and bit his lip turning to Kalia, reaching out and gently grabbing one of her hands in his. He looked her in her beautiful eyes.

"It seems that there is going to be a rather complicated string of events to follow....Are you alright...?"

He listend to her as he pulled her along, once she finnished asking:

"Now...what was it you wanted to show me?"

He mustered a smile for her, tucking his wings against his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.