Fraternizing With The Enemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was in the alley again. But this time, she didn't want to die. Theron moved towards her with lightening fast speed and pushed her up against the wall. And then, it wasn't Theron. Now it was her brother. And he had a cruel smile on his face.

"It's time for me to get revenge Kalia." He sneered at her and grabbed her by the throat as she tried to scream. She closed her eyes.

When she opened them, it was Theron again. Only this time, they were in a field with snow blanketing the ground. Theron lay in the middle of everything in a circle of red. Kalia rushed towards him and started to call for help. She grabbed his hand and started sobbing.

Then, Theron seemed to change right before her eyes. His teeth grew pointed. Not just his fangs but all of them so that he resembled a shark. His eyes turned all black with no pupils. He smiled, a cruel evil smile and looked at her. Then he lunged at her and everything went black.
Kalia's eyes flew open and she was drenched in a cold sweat. She looked at the clock by the bed and realized that Theron had left his bed. She turned around and saw him looking out the window. His wings were halfway unfurled and his shirt was off. He looked every bit of the dark angel that he was. She tilted her head to the side and watched him as he stared out into the city.

She tilted her head and watched him for a while until she decided that if he turned around, he might think she was really weird for just watching him without saying anything. In her softest voice possible so as not to scare him, she asked him, "It's beautiful out there." She was telling the truth and not just making idle talk. She always loved the sun. Especially after she was Turned. She had been so afraid that she might never see the sun again and when she found out she could, she almost cried from joy. Still, she liked the night better but that didn't mean that she didn't enjoy the daytime any less.

"Thank you for taking care of me, by the way," She continued. "I mean, I don't know why you did but thank you... I think." Now that she had a few hours' rest, she could think more clearly now. She didn't really want to die. It had just been a bad night and she was grateful now that he didn't kill her. Though she wasn't going to say anything in case he decided to kill her now that she had the will to live. That was why he said he didn't kill her in the first place.

He hadn't realized she had woken up since he was pulled into the warmth of the sun. It washed away his care and made him feel better. Theron relaxed could hear his own heartbeat and hear his own blood courseing through his veins. He evened out his breathing, relaxing himself even further. All of a sudden he heard a voice, the girl's voice.

"It's beautiful out there."

He nodded.

"It is...The sun feels great..." he said, not opening his eyes.

After a little while he opened his eyes and stood up, turning around. The sun made his silver eyes shimmer and shine as he looked over at her.
She thanked him for taking care of her. Kalia looked different now, but definitly not in a bad way. She looked rested and now seemed to have the will to be alive. For some reason he couldn't explain, he was happy...

"I don't know why...but it wouldn't have felt right. You...I don't know what it is but there is something different about you verses others of your kind. Killer? Maybe but so Am I. My kind justify killing...I think killers do. It's just how we are. Weather we are hungry or angry there is always something. But Anyways..."

He walked over to her, his perfect physique showing as he tucked his wings again and stopped by her side.

"We better get you something to eat...Anything you don't eat?"

Kalia watched as the sun shined in through the window and lit up his entire body. He looked like a god. He said that the sun felt good and she couldn't agree anymore with that. It was her favorite thing to do; just lay in the sun. He turned around to her and fixed his piercing silver eyes on her. They were sparkling from the light streaming in through the window. But she could still remember the blood red color they had been last night. She shuddered at the memory of how close she had been to dying.

Then he started to speak again. He told her how killers justify killing. She supposed he was right. Her master had always told her that it was ok to kill as long as the victim didn't go to waste. As long as you used them because you were hungry and not because you felt like killing then it was ok. She wasn't so sure about that anymore. She couldn't help but think about her brother. She was hungry then and she had taken all of his blood. But that didn't mean that it was ok to kill him was it? Of course not.

He started to walk over to her, snapping her out of her thoughts. Her eyes widened as she took in his perfect body. She admired the curves that his muscles made for a few seconds before he spoke to her and she snapped her eyes back to his equally gorgeous face. She blinked a few times while she tried to process what he had said. Was he really offering to get her food? She looked at him in the eyes and furrowed her brow and wrinkled her nose, a gesture she did when she was confused or thinking.

"Umm... Like... blood?" She sounded stupid. Mentally hitting herself she tried to backpedal. Of course he meant blood. What else would she eat? She couldn't eat any solid food and most drinks didn't agree with her. She could sometimes drink coffee but that was about it. Even water gave her an upset stomach.

"I'm not sure. I usually just have whatever I can find..." She pinched her lips together in a tight line. "You don't have to help me get food. I can get my own." She knew that was a lie. She felt better but she doubted that she would have to energy to find her own food by herself. She would be lucky if she could even get her fangs out.

Thinking about that thought, she tried to unsheathe her fangs. They came out slowly, as if they were stuck on syrup. They slid past her lips and stuck out of her mouth (no doubt making her look odd) before she pulled her lips over them and sheathed them again.

He chuckled a bit as her eyes widened as she looked him over, finally she looked him in the eyes. Kalia furrowed her brow and winkled her nose as she thought about something. It was cute...He loved it. She said like blood and he smirked a bit as she realized that is what he meant. She told him what she ate and pinched her lips togeather in a tight line. He scoffed as she told him that he didn't have to get food for her. Her fangs told him what he already knew, that of course she needed help. He sat down next to her and looked her in the eyes.

"Well since animals are scare around the city...Humans are not an option either...My family is already going to punish me for helping you and If I grabbed a human off the streets they are going think I'm mad...So we don't have much of an option here...How about Feeding from me?"

He seemed totally serious.

Kalia watched him curiously as he sat down beside her. He looked her in the eyes, his expression going serious. Uh oh... She thought, This can't be good... She listened as he said the first few words. She supposed he was right. There weren't many animals in the city. But then he said that he couldn't just take a human off the streets. She understood that. He was supposed to help the human race, not kill them. But she wasn't sure what he was getting at then. If she couldn't have animals or a human, then that only left.... Her eyes widened as he said the words that she was sure he would never say.

"How about Feeding from me?" She peered at him, trying to see if he was making a joke. But from what she could see, he was being totally serious. She was thrown off by this. That was all backwards. She wasn't supposed to feed from him. He was supposed to feed off of her. This wasn't right. And she said so.

"I- You- It's not- It's-" She paused, trying to gather her words. That's a little... backwards. Don't you think?" She looked at him questioningly. "Wouldn't your family think you were mad for letting me Feed from you?"

She realized he could probably make an excuse for that and tried to find a different excuse not to feed from him. It wasn't that she didn't want to. (Because she totally did. What vampire wouldn't want to feed off of a hot guy who willingly let you?) It was that she didn't want to get him in more trouble than he already would be in. But she doubted he would accept that as an excuse so she found herself fishing for another excuse. Don't ask why. She had no idea. Everything about this situation was backwards. Not bad, perhaps, but totally and utterly backwards.

"What I mean is..." She pulled out an excuse that somebody with cottage cheese brains could tell was a lie. But she had to try. "I'm not hungry..." She looked away and hid behind her curtain of red hair so that he wouldn't see that her fangs had come out. Ugh. She really needed to learn how to control them better.

She looked utterly shocked, he watched her and shrugged.

"Your scent is all over me..I can find some sort of excuse..."

He knew perfectly well that it was backwards but for some unnatural reason he didn't mind.

"And if your so worried about it..." he used a hand to reach underneath her veil of beautiful hair and pull her chin up so she had to look him in the eyes.

"You don't have to feed from my neck...Unless you want to." He said it in such a way it seemed like a challange.

Theron smirked at her.

"So tell me...What will it be...?"

She shivered as his hand pulled her chin up. She looked into his eyes as her breathing became faster and shallower, a habit from her old life since she technically didn't need to breathe. He made her way too nervous. She knew that he was right; her scent must be all over him by now. It still didn't make it any less backwards but it was one less problem that she could hide on. Then he asked her the question.

"What will it be?"

He was challenging her to Feed from his neck. And he knew it too. She watched him closely, trying to determine how to answer that question. On the one hand, she need food soon or she would die. It had already been a week and in a couple more days, she would lose all of her strength. And here he was, offering a ready source of food.

But on the other hand, he was her sworn enemy. He killed her kind regularly. He was dangerous and she shouldn't be in the same room let alone talking to him and even thinking about Feeding from him. She looked at him, waiting for her answer. She set her jaw and held up her chin higher.

"Fine. I'll Feed from you. But only because I need food." She looked at him with an unreadable expression in her eyes and face. She was good at that. She could wipe all traces of emotion from her face in a split second. It became useful sometimes. She continued. "And it doesn't matter where I Feed from. I'm not a baby about where I bite my enemies." She let a little mischievous glint show in her eyes as she watched him. She waited for his reaction.

The smirk widend a bit as he heard her breathe become shallow and quicker. Her eyes looked over him as she thought about what to do. After awhile she held her chin higher, out of his hand. He let his hand down and he placed it on her leg, gently sliding it down to her knee, squeezing a bit. But not hard enough to hurt her. Kalia agreed to feed from him and got an unreadable look on her eyes. His heart skipped a beat at the mystery of this woman. His sense of adventure and eagerness to uncover her mystery intrigued him. Theron hid most of it but some managed to escape.

"And it doesn't matter where I feed from. I'm not a baby about where I bite my enemies."

The smirk widened just a tad more, and he slid his hand back up to just above her knee. He, squeezed a bit tighter; turning his head just a bit, taking in the mischevious look in her eyes, the same look glinting in his.

"By all means...pick a spot then. I'm ready."

Kalia tensed as Theron slid his hand down her leg then rested it on her leg. Her eyes widened a bit but she quickly regained composure as she put her blank mask on. She wouldn't let him see how much he threw off her thinking. What was the matter with her? Then again, what was wrong with him? She could hear his heart skip a beat and the eagerness in his eyes. She could tell he was trying to hide it but some of it managed to show in his eyes and face. She smirked a bit.

Then, his hand moved further up her leg and she tensed up again. This time it was her heart that skipped a beat. He looked back at her with the same look that was in her eyes. He told her to pick a spot. She wrinkled her nose up and pinched her mouth together the way she did when she was thinking. She looked him up and down trying to figure a good spot to Feed from. She figure that the neck was the best spot.

She leaned in to him keeping her eyes on his the whole time until she was only a few inches away. She could see the blood pounding in his neck and hear it rush through the veins and arteries. She decided to go for a small carotid artery. It was the easiest to stop the blood from flowing. She would just have to make sure that she didn't drink too much. Her fangs slipped out of their sheaths and pricked her bottom lip causing a few drops of blood to well up. She took one last look at his eyes before sinking her fangs into his neck.

The blood flowed freely into her mouth as soon as her fangs punctured the skin. She groaned softly as the endorphin's kicked in. It always caused both the Feeder and Victim pleasure from a vampire bite and this one was no different. She closed her eyes as she felt the blood rejuvenate her again.

All too soon, she pulled away. She sat back again and looked at him. She tilted her head and licked her lips to get all the extra blood off of them. She blinked at him, feeling radiant and energetic. Her eyes flicked down to his neck where the blood was still flowing. She got up quickly and grabbed a towel from the bathroom quicker than a blink. That was a perk of being a vampire; she was a hell of a lot faster. She pressed the towel against the blood and looked back into his eyes.

"It will probably stop after a little bit. I think." She pinched her lips together. "I've never actually stopped Feeding before I..." She let the sentence trail off. He knew what she meant. She blinked up at him again. "Thank you by the way. I feel much better." She smiled one of her rare smiles, flashing a full set of teeth, her fangs still out. She winked at him and stood up.

"I suppose one of us should go find more food so we don't keep Feeding from each other. Not that it was bad at all. It was... You know what I mean." She blushed and averted her eyes. She cleared her throat. "What I mean is, we should get a different food source." Then she remembered that he probably wasn't going to stay. Why would he? He had a family to go back to. "Oh. Nevermind. You probably want to go home..." She was making a fool of herself so she just shut up and looked at him with bright green eyes.

She leaned in, deciding upon his neck and looked him in the eyes once more before sinking her fangs into his neck. He thought that he was ready for whatever was to come but the shock of pleasure shot through his veins. His body shivered in pleasure and a soft moan escaped his lips. In training Krusniks were to feed off each other to get used to that sensation but this...was nothing like back then. His body relaxed and he closed his eyes as he felt and listen to her feed. It felt...wonderful, like nothing else he had felt in his life. All too soon she pulled away his eyes opened, the sensation still rushing through his body. After licking the extra blood from her lips she went and brought him a towel, pressing it to his neck. Kalia told him it would stop after a little while and pinched her lips togeather; telling him she had never stopped before she had killed someone. The she blinked, thanking him and offering him an adorable smile before winking and standing up.

Kalia suggested they find different food sources than each other, suggesting that feeding from him...She must have felt the same sensation he had. He chuckled softly as her face was covered in blush. Then she realized he had his family to go back home to and told him never mind, looking at him with her beautiful green eyes. He stood up, setting the towel back down on the bed, a few drops of his blood on it. But his neck looked like it did before she bit him. Like nothing had ever happened.

"I can't go home like this...I don't have a death wish. Now finding food...That sounds like a good Idea...my blood sugar is really low right now...I need to feed soon or I will get really sick...."

He reached up and took the dog tag in a hand, squeezing it gently.

"Now...Let's go find something to eat..."

Kalia watched with half-lidded eyes as Theron stood up. His neck had already healed and you wouldn't have known anything had happened except for the bloody towel that he casually threw onto the bed. He walked over to her and she stood up straighter, lifting up her chin.

"I can't go home like this...I don't have a death wish." She supposed that he was right. His family would immediately know something had happened. She made a face when he said that his blood sugar was low. Of course it was. She had just sipped on half of it. He reached up and pulled at his dog tag, sending a wave of regret through her. But she quickly pushed it away.

She tilted her head to look at him. "I guess we could go to the forest?" She gestured out the window. "It's only about 5 miles out of the city and if we run, we can make it there before it gets too late."

She liked the forest. It was peaceful and was one of the only places she could go to get away from everything and just forget. That is, until a deer or a rabbit comes along and her fangs decide to make an appearance. But she like to wander around in the trees breathing in the cool air. There was never a shortage of fresh air in the forest. There was a stream there too the emptied out into a lake. She would sometimes sit with her feet dangling into the lake or just float on top of the water when it was hot out. It was pleasant.

She was so wrapped up in her thoughts that, for a minute, she forgot about Theron and just stared into space with a wistful look on her face. Then she remembered that they were supposed to be thinking about getting food. She jolted out of her mind and looked back at him.

"Or we can find it somewhere else. I'm sure there are some criminals that we can snack on. If you want." She shifted her weight to one foot and waited for his answer.

She made a face at him when he said his blood sugar was low...It wasn't because of being fed from...he was used to that. It was from his condition...the condition that was etched on his dog tag. If could explain to her, he would. But it would give away the weakness of his species, of his kind and he didn't want to take that chance. But for all she knew it could just be him with the illness. Then she mentioned hunting in the forest. It sounded like a good Idea to him. Theron knew of a group of Vampires that stayed out there after they nearly exposed thier race to the humans. He would just find one of them and catch them, slaughter them like the beasts they are.

His thoughts were running rampant, desprate, as he could slowly feel his body start to react to the low volumes of sugar in his body. Theron ran his tounge lightly over his fangs as he looked at her, too almost forgetting she was there. The vampire seemed to also look like she would rather hunt in the forest before she snapped back into attention. Or Criminals...? The girl mentiond, shifting her weight. A devious, hungry look came across his eyes, totally unintentional too.

"The forest sounds great to me...Let's just get there before I collapse. I'm starving..."

He turned and grabbed his shirt off the bed, pulling it on. A smirk playing across his lips again and a slighty cruel look came into his eyes as he lost contol and the beast emerged to feed, make sure he survived in his time of need.

"I'm ready...anytime you are."

Theron seemed to get as lost in his own thoughts as she had been in hers. She smiled a little bit to herself. He made her smile more than she did with anyone else. She frowned then wondering why that was. He wasn't particularly funny as far as she could see. He had his amusing moments but he wasn't grab-your-gut funny. As she pondered this, he spoke to her.

"The forest sounds great to me." She smiled brightly but quickly toned it down to a slightly amused smirk not wanting him to think that she smiled so much. Because she didn't. But she was glad that he chosen to go to the forest. She would have to show him all of her favorite spots. After he had eaten of course. And she supposed she could eat as well. She had only fed a little bit from him and could eat some more.

He turned around a grabbed his shirt off the bed and pulled it on over his head. She frowned. She had been hoping he would keep it off. She blinked fast trying to get the thought out of her head. Where were all these thoughts coming from?! That was not how she was supposed to be thinking. She shook her head as if trying to physically throw the thought out of her mind. She took a deep breath and gestured towards the door with her arm.

"I suppose we should leave now." She started walked to the door and unlocked it, then looked over her shoulder at him adding, "And make sure you have good sneakers on. There are no trails. We'll be bushwhacking to get out food." She winked at him and slid the door open, easing herself out into the hotel hallway then jogged down towards the elevators, bouncing on her feet, eagerly waiting for him to catch up so she could run in the woods faster. She pressed the button to bring the elevator up and glanced down the hallway towards their room and waited for him to appear.

He tried to fight back the beast from completely surfacing. It was hard, especially since he was so weak at the moment. The beast couldn't control him smiling a bit as she smiled brightly at the mention of going to the forest. It must be a special place for the vampire. As he moved and put his shirt back on, out off the corner of his eye he saw he frown. He smirked to himself. Most Krusniks were charming creatures, very beautiful or handsome people but Theron had always been praised for his looks. Their looks may have made them stand out but it wasn't a problem. They were trained from a child to face these kinds of trials and fights. He watched her shake her head and tell his that they should leave now. She walked over to the door and opened it, looking over her shoulder at him. Telling him to wear good shoes. The shoes he wore now were just appropriate for the occasion.

"You got it." He said slipping on his shoes.

Theron looked up just in time to catch her wink at him. His heart fluttered in his chest for a few moments before the inner beast reminded him of what and who he was. She was supposed to be his meal, but for some reason something held him back from hurting her...he didn't want to hurt her. An unnatural response considering vampires usually evoked feelings in him of anger and pure hatred. But this vampire made him feel like he wasn't any different from her. They both fed the same way, both needed blood to get by and survive. What was so different? He didn't know now. They didn't seem so different for once in his life.

By this time she had slipped out of the room and jogged down the hall to the elevator, bouncing, eager to get out to the forest. He arrived at her side as the elevator doors opened and he pulled her inside, the doors shutting. The elevator began to move back down to ground level. He waited patiently, watching her but not noticeably within the enclosed walls of the elevator; trying to figure out what it was he felt was different about this vampire. Deep int hought it showed in his eyes, as he would gaze at the floor when not looking at her for a few brief moments. Theron was snapped back into attention when the bell dinged, indicating they had reached the ground level.
<o:p></o:p>

Theron reached the elevator just as it opened it's doors. He walked her in and pulled her in after him. She shivered at his touch. They rode in silence as the elevator descended. She thought about why he didn't make her scared like she should be with him. In fact, he should be tearing off her head right now. But he wasn't. That's what confused her the most. She didn't get why he didn't just kill her the second he set eyes on her. She had been so vulnerable. She was willing to die and even told him to! And he had been hungry. Hungrier than he was even now after she had fed from him.

As she was pondering these thoughts, she caught him watching her out of the corner of her eyes. She peered at him from behind her hair as he looked at the ground. Like her, he appeared to be lost in thought. She wondered what he could be thinking about. Probably why he wasn't killing her. It confused her so much. And it didn't make any sense. She sighed as right as the bell chimed, announcing that they had reached the ground floor.

She stepped out as the doors opened reaching behind her to grab Theron's arm but instead manages to grab his hand. Kalia's face immediately flushed (and she was glad that she was facing away from him so he couldn't see) but she didn't let go of his hand. Instead, she just acted as if this was obviously the most natural thing to do. She pulled him towards the door that led to the sidewalk.

Pushing open the door, Kalia breathed in a deep breath and dropped Theron's hand to twirl around in circles with her arms outstretched, leaning her head up into the sun. She couldn't control a wide smile that showed all of her bright white teeth and a giggle that was very unlike her. The sun beamed down on her and lit up her face and hair making it seem as if her long hair was made of fire. She slowed down and turned back to Theron again, still giggling. She had never "giggled" in front of anybody before but there was something about him that made her feel as if she could be herself in front of him. As if they had met before.

She grabbed his hand and started to drag him towards the edge of the city, walking towards the forest. It would take a couple of hours but it was worth it just to spend some time there. She just hoped they wouldn't be too long or they might have to spend the night in there. Not that she hadn't done that before but it wasn't the most comfortable. She switched the hand that she held him with and turned to face him, walking backwards. She grinned at him.

"Want to take the long way? Or the short way?" She had a mischievous grin on. She knew that no matter what he said, she would take him her favorite way. It took them past some ancient ruins that she would sometimes sit in and read or write. She would sometimes imagine what it had looked like when it was in all of it's splendor. It's foundation was massive and the walls were made of thick stone that must have cost a pretty penny even back then. There were trace evidence that it used to have multiple floors and numerous fireplaces. In a word, it was gorgeous. And she couldn't wait to show it to Theron. She had never shown anyone but she knew that he would appreciate it just as much as she did. Or at least she hoped he would. She widened her grin as they continued walking.

He looked over at her as she reached back and grabbed his hand. His expression gave into the suprise he was feeling, his heart fluttering wildly in his chest. What was she doing? He had just met her the night before and now she, a beautiful vampire girl, was dragging him around. She pulled them out into streets of the town. Once out there she dropped his, a bit to his disappointment but got to watch as she laughed and giggled, taking in the warm sunshine.

It did feel great...his body shivered in pleasure as he took in the sun. Kalia danced about happily in front of him, his silver eyes on her the entire time. It was very cute and a sense of beauty fluttered from her. Her hair, long and red looked like it caught fire in the sunlight. As she settled her hair bounced about her shoulders and continued to giggle a bit before grabbing his hand again. A genuine smile crossed his lips as she she dragged him again towards the outskirts of the city.

They continued to walk for awhile before she switch hands with his and turned around to face him, walking backwards a mischevious grin on her lips. Then she asked him long way or short way? He smiled warmly at her.

"Hmm...Considering we both need to eat probably short way but if the long way is better...Go for it."

Her grin widened and his smile did as well. For the time being all responsibility escaped the Krusnik's mind. He was happy to be here, and her holding his hand...The truth was...he liked it. He liked when her skin touched his. He loved the feeling of adventure and lack of responsibilty that came with this. She was fun to be around...He didn't want to go home tonight. What if This girl disappeared? Would things ever back to normal? He hoped not...He followed her willingly, not resisting in the least.

Kalia's grin widened as he answered. She turned back around and started pulling him faster towards where the ruins were. You wouldn't be able to see it until you had gone over the crest of a hill that was a little ways away but she wanted him to get excited. Even if he didn't know what he was getting excited over yet. She looked back over her shoulder at him.

"Hurry up you slow poke!" She stuck her tongue out at him and twisted out of his hand, skipping backwards for a bit and then turned around and started running, looking over her shoulder once and laughing. She turned back around and ran full out. It was an impressive speed. Her vampire abilities gave her one of the fastest speeds of the supernatural world when she ran. It made up for her strength that, although she was extremely strong, she wasn't the strongest being in the supernatural world. Running was one of her defense mechanisms but in times like these, though she didn't have many of them, it was a way to let her feelings out and just have fun. She loved the feeling of the wind rushing through her hair and blowing it out behind her. The wind pelted her face with different scents from the field that she ran through and she breathed in deeply. It was a gorgeous smell, full of nature and fresh air.

Soon, they came to the bottom of the hill and Kalia stopped and put flopped down onto the grass, looking up into the sky and watched the clouds slowly make their way across the clear sky. She loved days like these. She felt so connected to the earth in ways. She could sometimes imagine that maybe there was a heaven and maybe one day, she would get to go there. But if there was a heaven then there might be an underworld and she knew that she was more likely to go there for being a vampire. But she didn't dwell on those thoughts. She had most of eternity to enjoy the place she was in now. And she liked it. Hopefully she would get to spend it with someone. She thought of Theron. She didn't want him to go home tonight. They could stay somewhere. She didn't know what would happen if they parted ways. Would they ever see each other again? Or would they just forget about each other through time? She decided to deal with that when it came. Her thoughts rapidly came to her and she was surprised to find that she had only been laying down for a few seconds. She closed her eyes and waited.

He smiled as she grinned and he managed to keep up with her as she ran. Krusniks designed to hunt vampires had developed superoir senses and reflexes as to make hunting a hunter easy. She looked over her shoulder at him happily and twisted out of his grip; telling him to hurry up. The girl stuck her tounge out at him before twisting around and running a different direction. He halted and with his lightning reflexes turned on his heel and took off after her, keeping his wings tucked tight against his body. Just to humor her he stayed behind her a few yards and watched her. She looked very happy to be here in the forest. The krusnik followed her until she stopped at the bottom of the hill and collapsed into the grass. Her stunning green eyes scanned the sky as her expression indicated she was thinking. What a about...? He didn't know. Theron joined her, laying back with a sigh of relief, streachng out his wings a bit.

He soon gave into his own thoughts and narrowed his eyes a bit in thought. What would he tell his family once he had to return home? He knew that one of his two brothers, perhaps both of his brothers would come looking for him if he was gone for too long. On avarage, hunts could take up to two days so it would atleast give him till sunrise tomorrow before anyone would come for him. He turned and shifted to laying on his stoumuch, streaching his wings out more, comfortably and closed his eyes. Enjoying the sun that seeped in through the trees. Theron closed his eyes and shifted a bit, popping the bones in his back and shoulders. He smiled warmly. It was so comfortable here...there wasn't anywhere else he would rather be at the time being. His body shook in weakness and hunger but he ignored it. He would get the chance to hunt soon enough.

Kalia smiled with her eyes shut as she sensed Theron laying down next to her. Slowly, she opened her eyes. She knew that he could have caught up to her but she was glad that he had let her take the lead. She turned her head slightly and looked at the boy. She studied the lines of his face and jaw. As her eyes traced his jawline, they drifted to his wings. They were gorgeous. Slowly, she reached out with her hand and stroked the feathers on it. It was surprisingly soft. She lifted a single feather up to study it a bit. It was darker than the night sky and just as beautiful. And it was softer than a cloud. She wondered what it would be like to have her own pair of wings. Flying through the night without a care in the world. Her smile turned thoughtful as she pondered this.

Her attention was snapped as she noticed that he was shaking. It reminded her that they weren't here to lounge around all day. They were here to hunt. And hopefully kill. With a sigh, she sat up and put her chin on her knees for a few seconds before grabbing Theron's hand and squeezing it.

"We should probably get going if we want to get the most out of our hunt." Her voice was filled with sadness as she realized that they were getting closer to the time when they would have to split. Or maybe not. A tiny voice in the back of her mind spoke the unwanted thought. Of course they would have to split up. They were enemies and this wasn't natural. It wasn't as if she could go and stay with him and his family. She would be killed before she stepped over the threshold. She turned and looked towards the top of the hill and then back at Theron, studying his face another time. It was all angles and corners but it made him look that much more dangerous.

Theron didn't notice the eyes examining him. He just laid there, completely relaxed taking in the fresh air and sunshine. All of a sudden he felt fingers running through his feathers, feeling them. It felt very good, he smiled and groaned softly in pleasure. She must be examining them, he knew that her curiosity would make her give in. Most people who knew him wanted to feel them. Krusnik feathers felt like no other substance on earth. Most would describe them as feeling like clouds. Suddenly she stopped and he opened his eyes, looking down at her. She let out a sigh, sitting up and pulling her knees up to her chest. To his surprise Kalia reached out and took his hand, squeezing it.

It made his heart flutter furiously and his breath catch in his throat. Her cool skin against his felt wonderful…like nothing else he had felt. He sat up, keeping his hand gripped in hers. She suggested that they get hunting so they could get the best out of their hunt. But the tone his her voice was heartbreaking. Utterly sad and depressing. Kalia looked lost in her thoughts for awhile looking over at him, looking as if to examine his face once again. Theron, tilted his head again a bit and tucked his wings against his back. He scooted closer to her and not being able to control himself leaned against her a bit, gently pulling her against him into a warm hug. Theron nodded, his breath caressed her skin.

"You probably right…I'm going to get really sick soon If I don't eat something…"

His dog tag jingled forward and exposed the information about his condition on the back. Hypoglycemia…All Krusniks were born with the condition and he half feared what she might think….

Status
Not open for further replies.