Forever Enemies... or Not? {1x1 between WhiteBane & I}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melody smirked and rolled her eyes playfully "dancing I don't mind that much... It's the parties." She explained lightly before shooting him a smirk "besides, if I don't start dancing my parents will come over and literally find someone for me to dance with" she joked before holding out a hand to Drake. Normally the somewhat rebellious teenager would just have grabbed him and dragged him onto a free spot, but this just seemed like a better option right now.

"I can see why you're not a fan of these parties." Drake replied, chuckling softly at seeing her smirk. He himself wasn't really a fan of large crowds or gathering such as these but he could tolerate them for a time. "Is that so?" The young man teased while giving her a smirk back. "I suppose I should help you then so you're not dragged away to dance with an unwanted partner." Then he took ahold of Melody's hand and led her to the nearest free spot; clasping her hand in his and placing the other on her waist. "I'm sure a lot of the others boys are going to be jealous now." He shot her a playful grin, "Don't worry, I'll bat anyway anyone who tries to interrupt us and I'll try to make this enjoyable for you."

Mel batted her eyelashes playfully at Drake when he teased her "aww, such a gentleman" she joked before placing her other hand on the arm around her waist as they danced to the 'oh-so-not-charming' waltz that the orchestra was performing. A quick glance in her parents direction let Melody exhale a quick breath of relief "they look pleased" she smiled softly as she leaned forward to whisper in her friend's ear. As the song slowed to a stop Melody made the mistake of coming down off the tips of her toes as she winced in pain from the blisters her shoes had created. Ignoring the burning sensation in her feet, mel smiled up at the attractive teen by her "you won't have to keep anyone away, I've already turned anyone else that has asked down, at least, you won't need to keep any of te guys away" she smirked as the darked haired teen noticed a few prissy, preppy looking girls marching over in overdone ballgowns angrily looking at Drake. "I think you have some upset fans" she concluded simply, glancing up at him but not moving. The dance had actually felt nice... For some reason it just felt different being with him, but maybe that's how being with friends was supposed to feel.

Drake chuckled, "I guess you could say that or I just don't like sharing once I've found something or someone I like." Thankfully the king had trained him in all styles of dance. Now it seemed like it was a good thing he had or else the young man would have probably been standing around and would have seemed out of place. "That's good, at least now they won't try to pair you up with anyone else." He smiled back, whispering softly to her while taking a glance at the king and queen. When the music stopped, the then bowed playfully to Melody before straightening himself up. "Good, I don't think your parents would be practically too happy about me either dragging or tossing every other guy you came to you out the window." He teased, mischievously grinning at her with sparkling sea-green eyes. "Huh? Fans?" Glancing in the direction the princess was watching, the dragon-kin sighed softly while combing a hand through his hair. "And here I was hoping they'd understand my subtle hints, not too bright are they?" When the girls arrived, Drake turned towards them. "My apologizes ladies, but as I've said before, the rest of my time at the dance has been taken; specifically by this cute girl and friend, Princess Melody." Then he turned towards the princess while offering her his hand. "Let's find a place to sit down for a bit so I can take a took at your feet, I enjoyed dancing with you but, I could tell they seemed to be bothering you slightly."

Melody giggled slightly at his remarks about throwing other guys out of the window, and she couldn't help but stifle another small giggle when he turned te girls down yet again. Rather quickly though did the laughing turn into blushing. "It-it's alright, really... I'm just not used to wearing shoes... I normally walk around barefoot, or in slippers or, well, something much more casual" she said softly, casting an embarrassed blue gaze downward as she took his hand anyway. If he was anythibg like she thought he might be she wouldn't have been given a choice anyhow.

Walking him over to the window ledges she sat down and patted the spot next to her. There was no use in sitting at a table unless they wanted more unwanted company.

The girls didn't seem too pleased that they had been denied for the princess and were about to retort and attempt to persuade him, that was until they saw Drake was content and enjoying the princesses' company. As they stalked away, he turned his attention back to her and arched a brow, not believing that she was fine one bit. "Well..I still want to check and make sure, just so I know you are alright." His sea-green eyes watching her as she took his hand and he smiled in relief. The princess was correct, regardless of what she said, one way or another he would have gotten her off her feet; even if that meant picking her up into his arms.

Following her to the ledge, he nodded and sat down next to her, looking at their hands together. Then he let go and with it patted the top of his knee. "Bring one of your feet up so I can take off your shoe and check."

Blushing as she did so, Melody glanced around quickly to make sure her parents weren't watching before she lifted her right foot up. Crossing her right leg over her left, Mel quietly set her foot down for hi to see. It seemed a bit awkward to her, but they were friends and it was a nice offer. The dark haired teen truly was fine, she just had sore feet. That was to be expected though since she seldom wore shoes... in fact, the princess only wore them when she had too... and normally she didn't need to since she was in the water.

Leaning down a bit, Drake gently took ahold of her foot and looked over it delicately and with extreme care; almost as if he was scared of hurting her. His hands were unusually warm and soothing. She did have blisters but they were small and for now would only cause her some slight irritation. "They're small and will only hurt a bit but there is a chance for them to get worse." The young man stated, letting go of her foot and his sea green eyes met her light blue ones. "So I guess you could always stand on my feet while we dance, or we move to a spot in the room that will hide your feet and you can dance barefoot." He teased with a soft chuckle at the thought.

Melody let out a soft giggle at the dancing suggestions. "Well, whatever we decide I am ditching these shoes... but somewhere my parents won't find them... besides, they just cut into the cake so I think the party is thankfully almost over" she pointed out, gesturing to the large light pink cake with the white, baby blue and pale yellow accents. Doing her best not to wrinkle her nose, Melody put her feet lightly back on the ground and stood up, holding the heels in her hand ever so lightly. "Would you like to leave before I am forced to be the center of attention... again?" she asked, a hopeful hint to the teens voice.

"I suppose you could open this window slightly and put them off to the side." Drake commented, taking a glance over his shoulder. "I highly doubt anyone would notice them if placed right." Then he followed her gesture to see her parents over by a large cake and nodded his head. "It would seem that way." Though he wasn't quite sure, events like these were new to him so the things done were quite foreign. But noticing her facial expression he chuckled lightly and rose up to his feet. "I thought you would never ask." He replied, offering Melody a small, and slightly teasing, smile along with his hand. "Where would you like to go?"

Melody smiled and slipped her smaller hand into his before heading towards the now unguarded kitchen entrane "We can get down to the basement through the kitchen. From there we can walk through an unfinished former dungeon and exit by the stables. It's the only exit I can think of that isn't by the water" she stated simply before pulling him along. Spotting the annoying but cute bird-brained seagul just moments before he crashed into the window again, Melody chuckled lightly and pushed the window open for scuttle on their way past so he wouldn't hurt himself.

Seeing how Drake knew nothing of this castle nor its rooms or exits, he simply allowed Melody pull him along which he obediently followed. "Dungeon." Now that brought back some memories, not many good ones, of his past before the king found and then took him in. "Alright." He then responded with a light nod before glancing at the window as a seagull crashed into the glass and arched a brow. There really were a few odd characters in this kingdom besides himself. Looking back at her then young man had a curious expression. "Friend of yours?" He asked as they contuined along.

Status
Not open for further replies.