Forever Enemies... or Not? {1x1 between WhiteBane & I}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could she really trust this fellow? He seemed nice enough and all, besides the fact that he was scared of the ocean he actually seemed like a great potential friend, and her parents would be thrilled no doubt. Shrugging a bit as the thoughts raced through the dark haired girls head Melody flicked her light gaze back to his and gave a soft nod "Sure, I'm really thirsty anyway, but it better not be one of those disgusting delicacies like Seaweed and crab tea or anything... I don't exactly enjoy engulfing my friends or their homes" she said lightly, a hint of a joke ringing in her voice, but it was clear she was, in fact, being very, very serious.

Drake blinked, really, she was actually going to take a drink from someone she had just met. Before he offered it to Melody, he heard what she said and that caused him to crack a smile and chuckle. "I guess you probably shouldn't drink this one." He teased, placing the sleeping potion back into his bag and pulling out a clean vial of what he was drinking. The king could wait a while longer, this was his chance to actually experience how a normal boy acted; he could gain her trust, have her go somewhere alone with him and plan a fate ambush to convince her to run with him. "Seaweed...crab tea...people actually drink that stuff?" He asked, arching a brow because she was actually serious. "No, this is actually a mixture of berries grown on the island." With that, the young man handed her the vial. "I believe the one you have is strawberry, cherry, and a hint of watermelon."

Mel gave a short, completely serious nod "A bit north-west of here, my father brought me on a trip with him when I was about thirteen and the chef tried to give it to me... my father told me I didn't have to drink it thankfully, but it was still there" she sighed, a subtle hint of disgust in her voice as she motioned in front of her. "The entire time I could only think of Sebastian" she said lightly as she reached her right hand to take it from Drake. "Mmm, I love cherries, thank you" she smiled happily as the dark haired teen uncapped the vial and took a sip. "So, what about you? I feel like I've been complaining the whole time" Melody asked lightly, crossing one leg over the other and resting a bent elbow on her knee.

Drake stuck out his tongue slightly, shuddering at what a concoction like that would taste like. He didn't like seafood anyway so it would be two times worse for him, "That's disgusting, I can't believe people would actually make, let alone drink something like that." Then he nodded his head, that's how he was sometimes when people ate reptiles and tried to offer him some. For some reason it made his stomach churn and he'd have to leave for a while to regain his composure. "You're welcome." Taking another sip, he lowered it to rest just on his ankle as he cross his legs. "There's not much to tell, I don't have any family, I never knew who they were and at a young age my master took me off the streets and raised me. Supposedly I have noble blood but he doesn't which family I'm from, so I act as his ambassador, body guard at times, and a representative of our kingdom." While most people would show some sadness, he seemed unaffected and didn't even seem to care about his bleak life.

"Oh" Melody said simply, her voice a bit quieter. "So I guess your master is the king then?" she asked curiously. "It's nice to meet another person with 'royal' blood who doesn't think they are all high and mighty just because of their heritage. If other people were like that I might not have to have these stupid parties" she sighed before taking a sip of the delicious drink again. Tilting her head back a little to look up at the sky Melody hummed softly as she gazed at a few seagulls passing by. She could never remember the words to the tune, just that it was a lullaby her mother would sing to her as a baby.

Drake nodded his head, "You would be correct, my master is the king." he replied. Honestly, the young man could care less about his heritage because even if he was royal, this didn't mean he was better or less than anyone else simply because of his blood. Though he did chuckle. "Yes, I do believe parties of this caliber shouldn't be too often." Though it seemed most royals loved extravagant things and events; he didn't understand that type of thinking. Hearing her begin to hum, his eyes slowly closed against his will to allow him to enjoy the tune. Then he cracked open an eye to smirk slightly at her. "If you sound like that just by humming, I wonder what your singing voice is like." he teased.

Upon hearing the comment about her voice, Melody blushed a bit, her pale cheeks gaining a light pink tint for a few moments as she regained her composure andd took a soft breath. "I don't really think I'm that good, but I do really like singing, it's basically the one thing neither of my parents ever forced me into" she said lightly as the teen moved her gaze from the birds and clouds to the attractive male near her. "Do you have any friends back home?" she asked curiously as she thought about her three best friends: Connor, a merman she met when she was twelve, Tip, a penguin and Dash, a Walrus, both of whom she also met when she was twelve.

Seeing the light tint on her cheeks, Drake fought the urge to chuckle. But he did have to admit, she was pretty cute despite her being his target and his king wanting her for some reason. "I beg to differ, from my ears your humming sounds quite beautiful." He commented, not nervous about giving her a compliment. "That's a bonus then, it's something you like and your parents had nothing to do with it." he replied, turning his attention back to the ocean and glanced in the direction his kingdom was in. When Melody asked that, Drake seemed to deflate a little and a sorrowful expression appeared against his will. "The king wouldn't let me socialize with anyone my age, he told me it would get in the way of my studies." Looking, over at the girl, he smiled slightly. "But I did meet and befriend a small gecko I found, his name was Staz...he isn't around anymore."

"Oh, I'm sorry" Melody said softly, "If it makes you feel any better though, two of my three best friends are a penguin and a walrus... and my sheepdog Max, he's actually Max the Second... the first Max died when I was about three" she explained lightly "and I'll be your friend, your master wouldn't even have to know since he's not here with you. Thank you by the way, for the compliment"

"It's fine, he was pretty old." Drake replied, remembering his conversation with the lizard before his only friend passed away. It was a heart breaking moment and he couldn't even remember what happened after it, the next thing he new the king rushed into the room and ushered him out of it. Then he blinked, confused and slightly suspicious of her offer. It was easy to tell he was hesitant about replying. "Al...alright..thank you." Then he shook his head lightly. "You don't need to thank me, that's what friends do...right?" He asked curiously.

Frowning slightly at his hesitation, Melody wondered if she had done anything wrong... humans weren't exactly her forte... at least not when socializing with them was involved. After his next comment, Mel felt much less unsure about her previous actions "yeah, I guess that is what friends are supposed to do" she said with a soft smile before pursing her lips in thought "do you want a tour of the castle?" she asked lightly as she turned to the, unbeknown to her, dragon boy. "I'll probably need to get back to the ballroom soon if I don't want my parents or jeeves or charles or marie or anyone else to come looking for me" she pointed out sadly.

It was pretty much just an assumption or guess but Melody probably had the same problem as Drake. She wasn't experienced with socializing with another around her age. That brought him some relief but it was also a little nervous and awkward between them now. Nodding, he stood up and brushed off some of the particles from his clothing before offering Melody his hand to help her up. "Sure." He replied to girl he did not know was actually a half mermaid. Then he smiled slightly and let out an amused little chuckle. "If you're worried about that, then I'll simply take the blame if they find us. I'll tell them I pestered you to do so." he stated.

Melody let out a little half snort and chuckle as she covered her mouth gingerly. "My parents would never buy that, they know how much I loathe balls, not even a half hour before the party started I was begging my mom to cancel it as she was handing me different dresses to try" she sighed, rolling her eyes in mock annoyance. Standing up after him, Melody expertly bounced from one boulder to another until she got to the tide. Pulling the hem of her dress up to about mid-calf she relished the last few moments of the cool sea water before stepping out onto the warm sand. "I wish you weren't afraid of the ocean, it would be so fun to have a human friend who could dive for shells and stuff with me." Melody glanced back at the boy as she approached a set of smaller, not nearly as elegant doors to the castle. "These lead into the kitchen, they're the best way to sneak back in usually... unless you feel like scaling the vines to the balcony in front of my room... which is much easier said than done" she said lightly, smiling.

Drake cocked his head slightly but did not make any replies or comments about the sound she had made. He found it kind of cute. "Is that so, maybe if you pretended that you liked the parties or at least put up with them, you would get more freedom to move around." He suggested, moving his weight from one foot to another. As she bounced around, Drake slid down the rock with ease after slipping his tie back on and followed her while making sure to stay away from the changing tide. Then the young man seemed a bit offended when she drew the conclusion that he was afraid from the sea but it quickly faded; might as well go with that for now. "So do I." He replied, fixing the tie and sliding the end of hit back under his suit jacket while walking to the doors Melody was approaching. Then he smiled a bit mischievously. "While I do love a challenge, these shoes doesn't have the grip from climbing." So he shrugged slightly, "I'll have to climb the vines another day in my regular attire so for right now we take the easy route."

Melody smiled at Drakes comment about the challenge and rolled her eyes slightly "maybe I should've left that part out... I just better not find you there in the middle of the night, if there is anything I don't mind being associated with in royalty it would be that I do in fact enjoy my sleep... And believe me, I'm a bit of a brat when I'm sleepy and grumpy" she laughed softly before quietly pulling open the heavy wooden door and motioning for Drake to go in. Melody scampered in after him and quietly closed the door behind her. "This way" she said after a moment as the dark haired sixteen year old passed through another set of doors, these ones much more elegant, still heavy and wooden though, then hurried down a hall to a large spiral staircase, very similar to the one in the ballroom.

Drake slid both hands into his pockets and chuckled softly at what Melody said. He too enjoyed his sleep but there were times when he simply couldn't and needed to find something to occupy his time or his body wouldn't rest anymore, causing him to wake up before dawn broke. "I'll make sure to keep that in mind then so I don't pay you any visits at night." He remarked with a small smile and walked in when she motioned for him to do so. Turning and moving slightly so he could follow her, Drake walked at a steady pace when she passed him and they went through another set of doors. The hazel eyed with blondish-brown hair followed after her while glancing at the doors. Must they always be so big? He thought to himself and quickly followed after her to a staircase. "Your parents really like large doors and stairs don't they?"

Melody giggled and gave a slight nod "i think so... At least, my dad's great-grandparents did, they had the castle made... And my mom's castle has really large archways, but really there are no doors, sometimes there is a seaweed or kelp screen, and we have a few gates... But that's it" she said lightly, as if everyone had two parents of royalty. Ascending the stairs daintily she heard voices coming from down the hall, by her parents room. She heard her name and gasped, they had already noticed. Spinning around to face Drake she hesitated a mere second before grabbing his hand and dragging the boy back down the stairs "they already realized I was gone, I'll give you a tour later... If you decide to hang around, if not I understand" she said lightly, a downhearted sigh escaping her lips as she puahed the intricate, and yes, heavy doors to the ballroom open slightly. Once they were i there she let go of Drakes hand and ran toward the buffet table where she had kicked her shoes, hopping they were still there.

Yeah, he definitely couldn't relate with royals on this subject. Over glorified doors seemed like a waste to him, sure they looked nice and also made the castle seem big but there really wasn't any practical use for them besides that. Though her mother's castle seemed more like his style, but sadly he'd never see it thanks to his 'fear'. "You mother's castle seems nice." Drake replied as they ascended the stairs and before Melody heard the voices coming towards them. But a few moments after that he too picked them up and curiously looked at her when she spun to look at her. He was about to ask what was wrong until she took ahold of his hand and lead him back down. "Okay." He said to the last half and then had a somewhat curious look. "I have nothing better to do after this so I can stick around." Drake then added after she sighed and pushed open the door. Once she left to find her shoes, he had taken a few steps forward and were instantly swarmed by the young ladies that had been searching fro him. "Uh, sorry, I'm already taken for the rest of the dance." he lied.

Upon finding her shoes, Melody both thanked and cursed the fate under her breath. Now the small dark haired teen would be forced to wear the uncomfortable heels while her blisters got worse, but, at the sane time it probably just saved her a ton of explaining. Just as she popped a small piece of chocolate covered pretzel in her mouth Mel spotted the familiar reddish-gray hair entering through the doors followed by a taller man who looked quite a bit like Melody. Glad for the small break in the music, Melody quickly swallowed and finished the last of her fruity drink from drake just as the music started again. Glancing around, she avoided people until stopping in front of a familiar figure "care to dance?" She asked quietly, with a light shrug as she waited for Drake's response.

Finally, he was about to beat away the mob of girls with several excuses and stories that he was actually waiting for someone else. They didn't believe him at first but like usual, Drake was well versed in lying and could become convincing at an astounding speed. Then he noticed the red hair and turned to see the two newcomers entering the ball; those had to be Melody's parents. It looked like she got a majority of her looks from her father but got her long, wavy, hair from her mother. He was so preoccupied in his thinking that he never noticed the people around him or the person making her way towards him until he heard the familiar voice. Turning to look at Melody, he rose a brow slightly with a small teasing smile. "And here I thought you didn't dance." Then he nodded his head and offered her his hand with a normal smile. "Joking aside, I think I'll take you up on your offer."

Status
Not open for further replies.